• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how come there's no pure light male's?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
(correct me if im wrong but the X blade needs pure light and pure darkness to forge the X blade so mean's there were male's in the past who had pure light to make the X blade in the war so how come no one of them left) so is what i said right or wrong correct me please:(

Last edited:

wolfshadow

Re: so how come there's no pure light male's?

Either A because men, even outside of video games are more likely to not be "pure". Or B it's disney and princess's back when snow white came out up till the 90's have been shown to be pure. Idk, it's hard to say why. This could change come the next saga, who knows. One could also say that Mickey is pure light along with Yen Sid (i'm guessing).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Ventus is pure light. That means that it is possible for males to be pure light.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Ven's heart is pure light because Xehanort stripped him of his Darkness. So while it's possible, it's highly unlikely. Probably because men ruin everything they touch.

But also, The X-Blade does NOT need "pure" light. The combination of pure light and pure darkness was a quick and hasty method. The proper X-Blade formula is the intersection of equal but opposite poles of both. 7 and 13. If the X-Blade needed pure elements of both the seven guardians mostly wouldn't cut it.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

There's no in-universe given reason as to why they're all females, but from a writing standpoint KH is infatuated with the "Eternal Feminine" archetype. It's not only the PoH, but almost all the original female characters are more pure and righteous compared to the male characters.

Gram

Banned
Awards

The way I see it it was Nomura's way of putting in some Disney princesses and make them actually relevant in KH1 which they wasn't sure would go further than one game.
Keeping it only them is pretty much the only way disney princesses, at least the six he picked (Kairi is original), are involved in some way.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ventus is pure light because of Xehanort and not Sora, Sora just ensured his survivial
Not to mention that he doesn't really count because his pure light heart was "created" artificially and it was done in a highly immoral experiment which nearly killed him.

Xehanort-X-blade

Ventus is pure light because of Xehanort and not Sora, Sora just ensured his survivial
Not to mention that he doesn't really count because his pure light heart was "created" artificially and it was done in a highly immoral experiment which nearly killed him.

lol i know bro xehanort creat vanitas from part of ventus heart than sora shared his heart with him but what i meant is since ven become pure light means males can have pure light even if they weren't born with it the point is they have it

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
It doesn't count though because Ventus isn't natural. Plus he was never truly devoid of darkness because he did have a dark half in which he was in constant connection too.
Real PoH don't have darkness in any form but Vens darkness still lingers.

Plus it's not just the lack of darkness alone but the special powers and roles PoH which Ven doesn't. Before the Keyblade War everyone was supposedly like Ven so it's not that pure hearts are impossible just unnatural now save for the PoH.

wolfshadow

Like I mentioned, I think Mickey and Yensid are really the only two that i can think that may be pure male light.

Xehanort-X-blade

lol you guys misunderstanding what im saying i know ventus doesn't count as pure light since he wasn't born like that but my point is read above you some of you said male can't be pure cause they not nice like girls but since ven is pure light proof even if male not nice like girls they can be pure light you guys understand what i said im not saying he counts as pure light all im saying pure light male does work since ventus is nice like those girls

but now i think only girls are pure light:(

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
Like I mentioned, I think Mickey and Yensid are really the only two that i can think that may be pure male light.
I don't know about that. They both certainly have strong lights, but there's nothing to really suggest purity.
Just like there is in the deepest darkness light, the brightest light can harbor darkness.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
In short, males can have pure hearts, but they can't be PoHs. Even though the primary mark of a PoH are their pure hearts, they're still in a category all on their own that doesn't seem replicable.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Probably because there's this general (false) idea that women are--or can be--more pure than men. Sort of like the idea in fantasy that unicorns will only approach virginal women, for example. Which kind of goes part and parcel with the Madonna/whore complex. Don't get me wrong, women are great and everything, but the idea that they're more or less "pure" is nonsense.

Actually, the PoH represent a larger problem with female characters in KH that I won't go into, except to say they've slightly improved over time.

BlazeHeatnix

Probably because there's this general (false) idea that women are--or can be--more pure than men. Sort of like the idea in fantasy that unicorns will only approach virginal women, for example. Which kind of goes part and parcel with the Madonna/whore complex. Don't get me wrong, women are great and everything, but the idea that they're more or less "pure" is nonsense.

Actually, the PoH represent a larger problem with female characters in KH that I won't go into, except to say they've slightly improved over time.

...Or it could be because the PoH are the Disney princesses and therefore special in that regard. Has nothing to do with just them being female. Don't turn this into a social justice issue.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
...Or it could be because the PoH are the Disney princesses and therefore special in that regard. Has nothing to do with just them being female. Don't turn this into a social justice issue.

Hey now, there's valid criticism to be had by the way Disney and Square have treated and continue to treat female characters. It's worth deconstructing through various lenses and that always falls back on societal norms, but on the subject of "Pure Heart" status, I don't think there was anything meant by it. It was just a reason to incorporate the princesses in a larger archetype than what they're used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back