• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So Marvel and Star Wars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

makine

Awards
The big argument that people have against including Marvel and Star Wars is that the universes are too big to organically incorporate into Kingdom Hearts. And for the most part I agree, specifically in reference to KH3. There's a hell of a lot of plot to get through in 3, what with unfolding the ramifications of Xehanort's machinations and the complications that 3D added. Plus outside of the original Mickey gang and the Wizards, (and to a lesser extent the Princesses), Disney characters only come from movie worlds; cameo duty is the domain of Square.

That being said I don't think they should be excised entirely. What I think could work is using Big Hero 6 and Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion. That way you can do the same thing as has been done before (Disney movie based world) and you get the added benifit of the tighter narrative in which to insert Sora. Plus if the story is like in KH2 (visit once for Disney, twice for Square) the second visit can be used to draw in the other universe characters like Spidey, Luke, and the like.

How would you like a Rebels and Big Hero 6 world?

freewillfirebox

Re: So Marvel and Star Wars.

Superheroes in general might not necessarily fit. I could see Big Hero 6 working, but it doesn't seem likely. Pirates of the Caribbean worked so I can see that they could incorporate a Star Wars thing. The big thing is the overall feel, if they can make it feel like Kingdom Hearts still, go for it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

While I should wait until I see the film before I decide if I want a Big Hero 6 world, from what I have seen of the trailers I think it could work. San Fransokyo seems like a cool world to explore and it would be great teaming up with Hiro and Baymax

I have not watched Rebels yet, so I can't comment on that. I will have to watch a few episodes first

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

I wonder sometimes how will the future games will incorporate other worlds since they're going run out of Disney Worlds at a time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I say to use them as summons or choose ONE character have have them cameo in a world (like Cloud did in Olympus Coliseum). For Star Wars, I'd pick Anakin to cameo in the Coliseum and state that the warp things that they use malfunctioned and he got sent to a galaxy far, far away from his own and Hades promised to help him. That could also allude to the darkness in his own heart and whatnot. I just think Anakin would be a great choice to appear then disappear after you finish the world, hinting that in the next series we'll see him as Darth Vader.

In regards to super heroes, I think they should just stick to The Incredibles. Same super hero action like MARVEL, but a contained universe and story.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I think Big Hero 6 could be done alright given it's self contained but I'm still against the SW or Marvel as a whole being added. Just so much that could go wrong with that.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

I wonder sometimes how will the future games will incorporate other worlds since they're going run out of Disney Worlds at a time.

Eventually they will run out but there are still quite a lot of Disney films that KH hasn't used yet (and by that I mean A LOT) so they shouldn't have to worry about running out any time soon.

I say to use them as summons or choose ONE character have have them cameo in a world (like Cloud did in Olympus Coliseum).

I would rather not include Marvel and Star Wars into KH but if they did then this is the way I would want them to do it. A summon or cameo appearance in a world would be just fine.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

It's not that the worlds in Star Wars/Marvel are too big to incorporate, it's that they don't mesh well with the KH vibe in my opinion. I'm honestly surprised that they managed to make Pirates of the Carribean and Tron Legacy work as worlds, although the latter only worked because the original Tron was in KH2. It's mainly just that Disney movies have that... you know "Disney" vibe to them. And neither Star Wars nor Marvel have that feeling to them. It'd feel out of place in Kingdom Hearts. Especially Marvel. How awkward would it be to have a quirky, goofy, optimistic protagonist like Sora fighting alongside a rendering of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine? Pretty awkward.

Sdog

Awards

^He gets it.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved Star Wars and Marvel properties ever since I was a kid but it just wouldn't work well with KH in my opinion. I still don't think PoTC worked well and Tron barely made it at that. As discussed in a thread the most I think I'd be ok with for either would be a secret boss or some character to make a cameo appearance in a hub world, but none even come to mind that would work.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Aside from the idea of timing, I feel like it would be a bad idea to have any kind of involvement with Star Wars or Marvel, cameo or not, because of how it might lead to more inclusion of those franchises which is something that I have a difficult time seeing in the long run. To be perfectly honest, I am still surprised at the fact that they were able to pull it off with the Final Fantasy characters (and, by extension, the characters from The World Ends With You) considering that they still had to water them down quite a bit to work in a game filled to the brim with Disney characters. Having Star Wars and Marvel characters would require some rewrites on the characters and worlds presented which is something I don't think the writers can do well with those two franchises. On top of all of this, if there are more characters from those franchises, what about the Final Fantasy characters? Most of these guys have NOT received proper representation in years (barring Cloud, Zack and the cast of The World Ends With You) and there are far too many characters that I personally felt should have introduced years ago (i.e.: Cecil, Kain, Laguna, Bartz, Zidane etc.).

So in the end, I am with Nazo and Sdog on this one in that the series wouldn't quite mesh well with the Star Wars and Marvel franchises and that it would take away from the already small Final Fantasy cast.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If I had to choose between visiting a MARVEL/Star Wars world or a Final Fantasy world, I'd go with the Final Fantasy world. I think they'd mesh way better than a MARVEL/Star Wars world. Although, I think that MARVEL might have a better chance of appearing than Star Wars. If they do a single hero world (say Spiderman or Daredevil), that could work, just it'd be weird since Fantastic 4, X-Men, and The Avengers also are nearby to those characters.

Maybe they could do something like Galactus attacking a world or something... I dunno. I'm sure they'll figure out a way for it to work... or not (see Port Royal). I'll always be pissed off that they included Port Royal and had Sora be surprised to see a real "pirate" in Jack. Did Namine not include his Neverland memories? Neverland should have been used instead of Port Royal.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The thing about KH is that it takes Disney & FF and adapts them to it's story. They aren't just cameos thrown in from with their usual histories but they are redesigned and given a new backstory and in some cases personality to fit into KH.
The Disney & FF characters we see aren't they're usual selves but alternate ones. Nomura has admitted to doing this cause he likes putting FF characters in a new light. (and of course the Disney ones have to be altered a bit to interact with Sora)

This is the hitch with Marvel or SW. SW in particular is a story not about any particular world but a whole universe. There's not really any way to convert it's mythos, backstory and such into a single setting because that world has no single setting.
Marvel can be condensed into one world because most of it's heroes live on earth but then you run into trouble with the ones that don't. To adapt Marvel would be to completely rewrite some or leave them out.

It'd be impossible to fit all of the loved characters and stuff of Marvel & SW into one KH-fied world because the two series in question would suffer for it.
Just think of it, they can't even adapt the Disney worlds properly anymore without doing a copy & paste of the movie script. Do anyone want that done to SW or Marvel?

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The thing about KH is that it takes Disney & FF and adapts them to it's story. They aren't just cameos thrown in from with their usual histories but they are redesigned and given a new backstory and in some cases personality to fit into KH.
The Disney & FF characters we see aren't they're usual selves but alternate ones. Nomura has admitted to doing this cause he likes putting FF characters in a new light. (and of course the Disney ones have to be altered a bit to interact with Sora)

This is the hitch with Marvel or SW. SW in particular is a story not about any particular world but a whole universe. There's not really any way to convert it's mythos, backstory and such into a single setting because that world has no single setting.
Marvel can be condensed into one world because most of it's heroes live on earth but then you run into trouble with the ones that don't. To adapt Marvel would be to completely rewrite some or leave them out.

It'd be impossible to fit all of the loved characters and stuff of Marvel & SW into one KH-fied world because the two series in question would suffer for it.
Just think of it, they can't even adapt the Disney worlds properly anymore without doing a copy & paste of the movie script. Do anyone want that done to SW or Marvel?

Well for MARVEL they could always choose one-shot comic book stories and just use that storyline for the world. For example, if they wanted to do X-Men, they could just condense the Age of Apocalypse saga into one world. Don't include the other super heroes that are involved in that storyline, but follow the story mostly. Since that is an alternate universe in the MARVEL universe anyway, I suppose it can work.

Star Wars is harder, but like I said before I think the perfect person to cameo would be Anakin. He could get lost during his travels around the time of the Clone Wars. He could join your party in one of the hub worlds. Then at the end in the credits, they can show him being affected by some sort of darkness that he encountered (maybe Sephiroth?) and hint to him becoming Darth Vader and leave it at that?

Vincet

Like I have said before, if they are going to include Marvel (not saying they should) Asgard would probably work the best as a world. With all the fantasy elements, Asgard wouldn't feel out of place in KH setting and they would only need to introduce Thor & co. to KH universe, not the entire Marvel Universe.

Althought Galactus would be pretty sweet super-hard secret boss :tongue:

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
tumblr_mdedzfFJ1y1rnkrujo1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back