• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So who are your favorite characters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacquelineDeane

In the Kingdom Hearts franchise, my favorite characters are Axel and Roxas. I know a lot of people like Riku, but I did not take to him in my heart like others did.

Riku's voice actor assumed in a video that girls would be all over Riku because he is sort of a bad boy, but I have not fallen for Riku! Actually, he had the exact opposite affect on me! If I could date a kingdom hearts character, it would definitely not be Riku!

In the final fantasy series, my favorite characters are Cloud Strife and Reno.

I like Axel due to his personality and yes, the way he looks. Most other girls agree with me that Axel is quite attractive. And since I am a girl too I am in danger of falling into the same basket and being swept off of my feet by Axel's charm. *Blush* His element is fire, which is my favorite element as well, and back when I used to play Pokemon I specialized in fire type Pokemon and tried to take over for Blaine as leader of Cinnabar Gym.

Let's face it. Blaine is an old man and I thought he could use a replacement.

I like Roxas for the same reasons. His personality and good looks (that doesn't make me sound cheap, does it?). I also like it that he can wield the keyblades. I respect Roxas for the fact that he can do good, despite being with the Organization.

I like Cloud Strife because he is tough. To me, he fits the definition of an ideal man head-on. He is in Soldier, and I respect all he has done for others. I have a lot of respect for Cloud.

As for Reno, I like him because I think he is funny. That one scene in Final Fantasy Advent Children, where Cloud locks him out of the house and doesn't let him back in I think was hilarious.

Who are your favorite characters?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Right now it's Lea but i was fond of Roxas and Ventus a while ago. The Organization was my favorite back in the day, i even anagramed my name in their style.

Cloud was my favorite FF character but I'm quite partial to Noctis. Noel and Serah from FF13-2 were how i wished most shonen leads were written. Sora and Kairi could learn a lot from them.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
My favorite characters are Riku (and Repliku and Data Riku by extension), Saix/Isa, Aqua, Namine, and Larxene.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Are we talking original KH characters only?

So with that, definitely Riku and Aqua. I have loved Riku's development over the years, and how wonderfully gay he is now ​of a character he has become. And it looks like we are still getting more of his arc in 3. Aqua I was immediately drawn to when they were showing off the BBS characters. So I was attached to her before I even got to find out what kind of character she really was lol. It turned out she was the mom friend with her shit together (for the most part, toxic ideas about Light instilled in her from Eraqus still linger in her) which I really liked ha.

If we include Disney characters though, I feel like sometimes I am the great defender of Donald and
Goofy lol. I love them so much, and SDG is my favorite friendship/trio. I feel like a lot of people misunderstand them, or shit on them because of ancient memes lol. Which I guess, if someone is literally just joking I sort of just roll my eyes and let them do their thing lol. However, lots of people legit hate on them with the "can't heal" meme as their basis of the argument and its like? It completely ignores the great arc they go through to develop their friendship with Sora in 1, culminating in their choosing Sora over their duty to Mickey, and then in CoM when Sora is a big jerk to them but they forgive him anyway ha.

So yeah, those 4.

Yuna, Tifa, Faris, Freya, Quistis, Rydia, Celes, Lightning,
Basch, and Ignis are some of my favorite FF characters. I picked 1 from each game I played but I like plenty more lol. I think a lot follow the theme of "interesting and complex female character who can kick ass" so there is that ha. I sorta think thats what I like about Aqua too. So it all comes full circle.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Well, Riku gets special extra points for "best character development." Also kudos to german, english AND japanese voice actors being on fucking point with him.
My overall favorite character is still Vanitas, though. He's cool, he's evil, he has amazing voice actors, a great theme and I'm one of the probably five people in the world who really like Unversed.

Some honorable mentions are Sora, Ventus and Naminé, although none of them come close to the other two up there.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Master Xehanort. I am a huge fan of powerful dark overlords and Nimoy and many cutscenes managed to carry his character really high up.

Larxene. She's a strong female character, they nailed her mean demeanor and love her or hate her she was memorable, which is always good in a character. Also her fighting style is rad.

Hooded dualwielding Roxas just for how cool of a concept he is.

UltimaXOmega

Kingdom Hearts
1:Aqua
2:Marluxia
3:Xion
4:Saix
5:Vanitas

Final Fantasy
1:Tie between Vivi and Rinoa
2:Auron
3:Squall
4:Noctis
5:Vincent

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Some of my favorites include Terra, Riku, Master Xehanort, Ansem the Wise/DiZ, and Braig (Xigbar).

ImVentus

Awards
I really like Sora
Kingdom-Hearts-gif-kingdom-hearts-37667046-500-305.gif

but I think others I like are also Ven, Roxas, Leon, Riku, Demyx, Namine, Ienzo, Ephemer, Aqua, Terra & Xion.
There's too many.

Veevee

Awards
My favorite characters are Riku (and Repliku and Data Riku by extension), Saix/Isa, Aqua, Namine, and Larxene.

This. Wow. Never thought I'd find someone who would name exactly the same characters as me.

I love Riku the most. I love his development and most of all that he comes to terms with his inner light and darkness. As a person who struggles with trying to be good despite sometimes having bad thoughts it was pretty inspiring to me - he didn't try to banish his dark side but accepted it as part of himself and his personality which I had never seen in a video game character before. Plus, he is an "action speak louder than words"-guy which I also can strongly relate to. Overall, I resemble him quite a lot so he inspired me a lot.

Even though many people dislike Saix / Isa (and for reasons that I can understand quite well), I like him a lot. He felt abandoned by Lea and ruined the friendship partly due to the influence of Xehanort, partly due to him being unable to communicate well. That doesn't justify his actions but I can relate to the feeling of having lost someone to someone else, thus feeling salty about it. I adore his scenes in BBS and I really wish for a kind of redemption for him and Lea in KH3.

Aqua is just really precious. Like the other main characters in BBS, her communication skills are poor and her approach to some things is really clumsy, but she is a really good person at heart. To me, her story was the most tragic of the three - and I really wish for her to be happy again. Plus, I love her design, her keyblade and her fighting style, finally a mage that can do more than cast cure but also can hit hard.

While I dislike her position as a constant damsel in distress, I like Naminé. Her powers are pretty unique and (to me) they feel original while not being too overpowered. I also like the approach they took with her - other than Roxas who fights to be a person of his own, she has come to terms with her fate and doesn't seem to upset when she returns to Kairi. Plus, I really like her dialogue and theme.

Larxene is one of the best designed characters in the series to me, despite her short appearance. She is over-confident, flirty, aggressive and a good fighter - someone you wouldn't get along with in real life, but who makes an interesting character in a video game. I like her design and her fighting style as well as her awful attitude and her reason that she (unlike the other organisation members) doesn't desperately seek for a heart, but rather is up for a fun ride (non-canon, but still). I'd love to see her in KH3 and I really want to cosplay her one day.

Final Fantasy characters in the game: I'd say Vivi but I found his depiction in KH2 to be so far away from his FF9 self and quite horrible that I can't name him here, so I'll go with Zack, followed by Leon.

Last edited:

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
To be very brief, my favourite character is Vanitas. Then, I absolutely love Sora, our Hero of Light. Then, I really like Axel, Roxas, Riku and King Mickey.
But Vanitas is the one that will remain the closest to my heart, because I ended up linking him with my personal struggles in the past, years ago

Qiesamuel

My favorite character is Aqua since she is the only female character that is useful in entire KH series.

Awards
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]•KH Characters 1.Sora[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2.Roxas[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]3.Vanitas [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]4.Axel/Lea[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]5.Master Xehanort •FF Characters[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]1.Squall (Personally think is better than in FF8). 2.Zack(Really love seeing a young Zack in a world that clearly fits his character). 3.Cloud(Hate his uncharacteristic Emo personality, but he’s still pretty badass and love his relationship with Sephiroth)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Awards
Top 5:

01. Riku
By far the best charecter development in the series, even better than Sora's
02. Aqua
03. Vanitas
04. Lea
05. Sora

Hakan Xatos

Awards
First, I got to go with Sora because despite his simplicity he's a character that can relate with almost anyone. Plus he has the most upbeat attitude which I really like the optimism and positive vibes.

Second, probably Lea. I thought Axel was awesome in CoM by really embracing the emotionless assassin bit by killing Vexen and allowing Repliku to absorb Zexion. Then you got to see his character grow in Days with his friendship with Roxas and Xion which lead Axel to desperately make things back the way they were in KH2. During the series we also get to see Lea and Isa's friendship deteriorate and finally wither away in DDD. I'm ready to embrace Lea being a hero and see the long awaited battle between him and his former friend.

Third, It'll be a tie between Vanitas and Roxas.

It's weird because I didn't feel intimidated by Young Nort or really any of the Organization. However, Vanitas comes across as a sadistic psycho that really has nothing to lose. Now that makes him very intriguing.

Roxas' frustrations with the Organization, being called an extension of Sora, and being forced to fight and defeat Xion was a lot to go through. Then in KH2 his world crashes down a second time. His building anger at Sora before he eventually gives in was a really good moment. Plus his hooded, dual wielding look is simply awesome!

Part of the reason why I had these two together was pretty much a pipe dream of a match up between Vanitas and Roxas. I think a dual wield Roxas vs a X-blade Vanitas would be epic.

Fifth, I'd go with Aqua. At first I kinda disliked the BBS protagonists, but they all have their flaws and they grew on me. Then I got a better appreciation of Aqua in 0.2. To actually see here go through the KH equivalent of hell and overcome all obstacles was really impressive.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I have a top character and it's Ephemer. Why? because he has the curiosity of Sora with the common sense of Riku. He's someone who's upbeat and optimistic, but he understands if something's sketchy. And unlike the majority of other Kingdom Hearts characters, he's not stubborn with his ideology. He understand different points of view and respects them. Him being the head of the new Union leaders makes perfect sense because he's a character that encompasses the middle point between stoic and ecstatic. Can't wait to see more of Ephemer.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Sora, always Sora. Mostly because of the long journey together, but I do also really like his simple way of seeing things and how optimistic and silly he is. And really cool at times. And just precious and sweet Sora is great okay I love him.

Other favorites are Roxas, Vanitas, Namine and Riku. I do like Ven too he has really grown on me, especially lately with me replaying BBS. Aqua is my favorite to play as right after Sora so she gets a nomination too for that. That's like half the cast already but what can you do.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Aqua is my #1. I love her, even her flaws. I hope they proper continue her development (she didn't get a chance to understand the whole 'darkness isn't inherently evil' concept)

Next on my list is Ven, Sora, and Roxas. I remember I took a quiz a while ago and that was the exact order. Ha. Sora and Ven often switch places for my #2 though. I just really feel for all the crap Ven went through, and by extension Sora and Roxas. The cutest triplets ever.

Lastly, Vanitas is my favorite villain in the series. I don't know why, but I find him so interesting (though a lot of it is probably reading too much into his character). I remember when everyone was trying to figure out what was behind the mask. So much so, we lined up pictures of his pangs and made the assumption that he looked like Sora. Ah, the good ole days.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
The Master of Masters, hands down. The dude is a powerful enigmatic goofball. What's not to love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back