• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation on what comes first: 3D or Birth by Sleep Vol. 2/Mystery game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So by now a lot of people are thinking (myself included) that the Mystery game is a sequel to Birth by Sleep. And we also know that the announced 3D (dream. drop. distance.) will be coming out.
Now between the theories of BbS2 being on PSP2 or PSP brings an obvious gap in time. My question is which would you speculate comes first: 3D or BbS2?
this is all just guessing and estimating, Iknow there is no real knowledge about it, I just wanted to get peoples predictions.

EternalDreamer

We have utterly no idea when Nomura started on the mystery game, a.k.a BBS v2. In other words, he could have even started right at the same time as Final Mix started production. And seeing as how the engine would most likely be exactly the same, i believe it'll be PSP, and will come out late this year or early 2012 (in japan).

As for who first. I think 3D, but i guess we'll see.

ChrisP

KH3D I think will come out first because its already been announced and a lot more has been shown about the game than BBS V2. Unless Nomura has something up his sleeve :p

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think BBS vol. 2 will be released first because I like to disillusion myself with the notion that Nomura would have had his teams secretly working on the game... and because I don't want to jump around the time line anymore.

Sinistra

I think this really depends on wich system BBS v.2 comes out.
I mean they already have the whole engine built up on the psp, character movements, AI etc.
So if it's gonna be the psp, I guess it would come out first.
But if it's the PSP2 or even sth. else, than it's not.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If BBSv2 is on the PSP then it will come out first that is if development already started since BBS was done. The Osaka team just started work on KH3D and most of the footage used in the trailer was from the E3 showing so we can't really judge it all that well either.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I would rather BbSv2 comes out first, since that would mean we aren't timeline hopping all over the place. After all, DDD is supposed to lead into KH3, so, logically, it should be the game before KH3. But then again, Nomura's never really been one for logic, so... who knows?

Although, Nomura did say at one point that he wants to focus all his efforts of BbS:FM and DDD, so that probably means DDD will come out first.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
BBS2 should come first and it should be on PSP.

If BBS2 is on PSP and most of the worlds are in the realm of darkness (Which means only a few disney voice actors will be needed) and they don't go and make massive changes to the battle system, then BBS2 shouldn't take very long at all to make.

Then KH3D should be next, it's gonna take longer cause it will have a large cast of Disney characters, a new battle system (Though the command deck seems to be sticking around) and it's on a new system so yeah it should take longer to finish than BBS2.

My hope is we'll see BBS2 out this year or early next year for japan, and KH3D will be out sometime next year for japan and probably early 2013 for NA.

Then hopefully KH3 will be in development next year so KH3 should release 2013 or 2014.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It's likely that most of the worlds in v2 are recycled from past games (Enchanted Domain, Castle of Dreams & Dwarf Woodlands from BBS, Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons & Pride Lands from KH2) which would cut down the development time of the game significantly since they aren't being made from scratch.

EternalDreamer

I would think BBS V2 would be first since the game engine, character models and world designs already exist for it unlike 3D. But we'll know for sure on the 27th I think...
Don't mind me asking, but...
What's on the 27th? Weren't they just going to release 3D's Trailer publically?...

ChrisP

It's likely that most of the worlds in v2 are recycled from past games (Enchanted Domain, Castle of Dreams & Dwarf Woodlands from BBS, Beast's Castle, Land of Dragons & Pride Lands from KH2) which would cut down the development time of the game significantly since they aren't being made from scratch.

That's a good point. If they use worlds previously used, it would make the development much faster. Also, it seems Nomura in KH3D might try to include a bit more new worlds so it may take longer to develop.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Exactly, the only new worlds that may appear are the worlds of those who we know lost their world to darkness but we've never seen there worlds yet. In other words:

1. Pinocchio's World
2. Dumbo's World
3. Bambi's World
4. 101 Dalmations' world

Did Merlin ever say if his world was lost to darkness?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Exactly, the only new worlds that may appear are the worlds of those who we know lost their world to darkness but we've never seen there worlds yet. In other words:

1. Pinocchio's World
2. Dumbo's World
3. Bambi's World
4. 101 Dalmations' world

Did Merlin ever say if his world was lost to darkness?
Merlin says he has many homes, but I'm sure it was or it'll be in 3D

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
3d is coming out this year definitly bbs vol 2 hast been announed offically so not till the aniversary

Ronove

Well, it'll be interesting. A Mark of Mastery exam without Master Aqua will be sort of lacking. But if 3DS comes out first then for dramatic purposes I'd say Aqua won't be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back