• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Splintered Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
I.

Its an interesting sensation, you know. One second, you are terrified. Fear. Anger. Rage. Sadness. Hope. All those emotions that rush through your mind when you are in danger. Then, there is darkness. Then, you wake up...supposing of course your heart was strong enough. You look around, remembering how you felt not more than a few minutes ago, but unable to feel anything.

Numbness does not come close to describing it. Non Existance is impossible to describe without actually experiencing it for yourself, but here is an attempt. You remember emotions. You remember all of the emotions and feelings your heart felt. You remember laughing in joy and merriment at a party of some kind. You think of it, and you remember being happy, but you feel just the same as when you first awoke. Numb. Empty. Lacking. Missing. Not Existing.

That is what is like to be a Nobody. Some of us pretend we have emotions to throw people off. Some think they might feel something if they try hard enough. There are a few who just 'live' with it, if you call this living.

Then you ask, if you have no heart, why do you act? Just because we have no feelings, does not mean we dont have goals. Emotions are motivators, driving forces. Luckily, there are alternatives. Lets say there is a cat in a tree. If one had a heart, they might feel sorry for it, and get it down to show mercy. One of us might do the same thing, but in the expectation of a reward. Being rewarded would provide beneficial consequences, which could perhaps increase effectiveness.

We are more like machines, to put it simply. Creatures of logic. Blind rage? No. Can we fake rage? Yes. Pain is also interesting to try and describe. We feel it, and we know that it is detremental to our health, but we are not hurt or saddened or angry. Objectives. Directives. Goals. Primary Accomplishments. Missions. Orders. Those are what drive a Nobody. That is why we obey a leader. When orders are given, it gives us a semblance of a reason for going on.

If I could, I would mourn for the Dusks...and the lesser Nobodies. They are as cursed as the rest of us are, yet they do not hold their former appearances nor more capable speech systems to express their thoughts or remember their former lives. As it is, those are just disadvantages.

I write this down because it is a goal of mine to end a genocide directed towards us. It is very inefficent to kill a Nobody for existing...or not existing. To say we do not belong, that is true. But reunite us with our Heartless, and we become whole again, and survive on. What point is there in destroying us, when if one with a full heart aided us instead and helped us belong?

It is my intent to have whoever reads this contemplate this question, the next time they raise a blade to one of our kind, supposing one of us is sighted.

More shall be written at a later time. In later pages of this journal, I shall explain who I am. What events led to the idea that a new path might be forged for those who do not exist. And to prove that even if one does not belong in either darkness or light, they exist. They leave footprints. They are remembered. They are Nobodies.

Someone.

No one.

We exist.

I exist.

-Number IX

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Wow, I really like this. That was very moving, not at all what I would expect from the character Demyx that I've seen. But, even with that being said, I kind of should expect something like this from Demyx because he definitely comes off as one of the more compassionate members. Anyway, I definitely look forward to more.

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Ah, well, without spoiling all that will be explained in the upcoming chapters, I can tell you that it is not any of the original Organization XIII members.

However, the thought of writing from Demyx's P.O.V. would be interesting.

Wait, this isn't Demyx?!?! Then who the hell is this mysterious Number IX?!?! Damn it, now my curiousity is killng me. I hope you update soon. I really want to know who is writing these journal entries (not you, Exvind, but you know what I mean).

Exvind

II

Many things can lead a person to write a journal. But what leads to a Nobody writing a journal? In my case, a multitude of reasons.

One reason is that a journal written by a Non Existant One is proof that it existed. While we have our various rooms...our Proofs of Existant in the fortress, those are graves. Odd how one should remember something that never existed. A journal is a more fitting tribute. Our graves show our names. Our titles. Our weapons. And are disabled once we are destroyed. But do they convey thoughts? Words? Personality?

I do realize the irony of a being without emotions having a personality. It is entirely possible. While none of us have emotions, in our minds, we all formulate different means to an end. Emotions, again, are but fuel sources.

Another reason is because I beleive history will benefit from having a written record of the events that are transpiring, from the viewpoint of a being who does not prance about in the Light, flailing about with a Keyblade. On that note, it was interesting meeting him.

Decrepit. Grey. Bound to a wheelchair...but in those blue eyes that old man had the fire I assume he always had, most likely when he destroyed my precursors. There was no need to kill him. Time was doing that for us, and there are plenty of others like him.

But the History of Nobodies.
Where there are Heartless, there are Nobodies.
Where there are strong Heartless, there are strong Nobodies.
Where the strongest are seperated from their hearts, there are Higher Nobodies.

While it would only make sense that there have been Higher Nobodies throughout history, it was only a few decades ago that a decent number of them joined forces.

Organization XIII. The first Organization.

In hindsight, there was very little structure to the first Organization. Betrayals. Traitors. And the special cases, of course. While their goal is ours, their methods and effectiveness were sub par.

The Organization as it stands is much more effective. More structures. More members. Even more Nobodies that have altered their forms from Creepers into what they are now. Puppeteers, Hunters, Mimics, so on and so forth.

It was in the wake of the destruction of Organization XIII that Nobodies were left without a central power structure. Chaos absolute. As the days turned into weeks, and then into months, then years, the World That Never Was drew closer to destruction, the shattered artificial Kingdom Hearts making Dark City even darker. In time, more Higher Nobodies were born, and we found the derelict Fortress That Never Was.

It was there, in those archives of files Xemnas kept, that we learned of Organization XIII, of their goals, of their members, their ideals, their demise. We took the dead, and brought it back to new life. We kept the uniform and name of the Organization out of rememberance to those who Do Not Remain.

But as I said, we improved upon it.

We rebuilt all of the buildings, and for the time lowered the fortress back to its place on the surface. To a Wielder, no defense shall really hold. Unfortunate.

We kept the system of numbers, based on birth date, if you choose to call it birth. And the naming system. Our bond of loyalty.

I shall never forget when I was named. When I joined the Organization...but that is an entry for another time.

-IX

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Interesting.
This could go places =)
I'd love to see more
But I guess I'll have to wait!
Lol

Exvind

III

It would seem my original time line for these journals has been disregarded. No matter. Despite what Keyblade Wielders, or whomsoever opts to try and eliminate my kind may believe, wer are notoriously hard to kill. We are known for that, and for not having Hearts, of course. Labled as monsters, we are not even taken to be researched. An insult to scholars everywhere, I would assume. These past few months have been months of progress. Months of construction. Months of growth.

If we are Nothing, then we are infinite. One cannot measure the absence of something, as such, we can number as few as thirteen, or be limitless. As of now, I would opt towards the latter. While we are investigating the cause of the sudden influx of Nobodies being...born? Reborn? I believe Acknowledged would be the most appropriate term. If you, humble reader, have not caught on that confirming existance is one thing that is truly important to my kind, then I would advise you to set my journal down where you found it, or more preferably give it to someone more intelligent than you, so that they may appreciate the value of my message.

I've wandered. While we are investigating the sudden rise in our numbers, the phenomena is greatly beneficial to our cause. More resources. More members in the Organization. More stories. My policy of writing journals has caught on among our members. The newest, a young girl, Number XXIX, has been attempting to spend an inordinate amount of time with me. I believe it is because we have like minds. Creatures of passion in life, but rational, able to cope with our condition. By what my Heart would have said a year ago, I may have called her pretty. As it is, we are simply compatriots.

Number I has determined that my skills lie with my ability and skills with the pen, and the odd way people seem to attach, and connect to me. Despite my lack of a heart, and any outward show of emotion, what denizens of Light or Darkness I have encountered in my missions have called me charismatic, even likable. A somewhat incredulous concept considering what I am. Then again, upon Acknowledgement as a Nobody, one gains a number of powers, and abilities.

The ability to open and travel through Dark Corridors freely.
Control of like-minded lesser Nobodies.
Reflections of one's inner element, and gifts related to such an element. (A notable example was an Old Organization member, Axel, Birth Name Lea. His element was Fire, thus, he was pyrokinetic.)
And being able to manifest a weapon innately suited to you.

I act as a sort of magnet, a compass even. I can seek out and find individuals with strong hearts, and they, somehow, connect to me. It leads me to presume that my own Heart is out there, bound and connected to these people. There is even a remote chance that perhaps this ability will grow and evolve, allowing me to seek out the hearts of our members. But that is simple, groundless theory. But, this ability has its uses. Where there are strong hearts, there are Heartless. And where there are Heartless, the potential to find our hearts exists.

So, humble reader, I will leave you with one final tidbit of information.
My name is Nilex.

-Number IX

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Wow, I'm fairly new so this is the first time I've seen this story.

Simply put, this is probably the best written and most interesting fanfiction I have read on this site so far. Just awesome. And I love the premise of the story. I've always thought that Sora killing the Organization just because Xemnas was evil was a bit cruel. And I think it's kind of funny how Nilex insults the Organization XIII. He seems to perfectly fit the description of a Nobody: one without emotions.

I'm curious what Nilex's real name is, though. Niel? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for more.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
I'm curious what Nilex's real name is, though. Niel? Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for more.
It couldn't be that obvious, remember Xemnas found Roxas and named him that after the tradional anagam and adding of the X. Just as Xigbar anagramed Lumaria (that is what his name is most likely) and put in the X and got Marluxia. But I anagramed and took out the X and got my character's name. so I'm hoping it's just a coincidence.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Hooray!!! You're back!!! Man, I almost forgot about this story, but whatever. So, we are now finding out some new information about the writer, like his name; I really like the name Nilex. You know, Nilex kind of comes off like Zexion, seeing as he seems right at home with books. Well, that's just me. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
The idea seems used don't ya think but good. Try to keep things fresh so it doesn't become boring OK? Nice job still.

Exvind

It couldn't be that obvious, remember Xemnas found Roxas and named him that after the tradional anagam and adding of the X. Just as Xigbar anagramed Lumaria (that is what his name is most likely) and put in the X and got Marluxia. But I anagramed and took out the X and got my character's name. so I'm hoping it's just a coincidence.

I wasn't aware there was another character of that name. Terribly sorry for any confusion. But no, I just took a name with those letters, and used the anagram method. Perhaps in time I'll reveal his real name.

And yes, I'm back. The muse has struck once again, and I intend to carry it through with the whole story.

And who is to say a story cannot be told through journals?

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
I wasn't aware there was another character of that name. Terribly sorry for any confusion. But no, I just took a name with those letters, and used the anagram method. Perhaps in time I'll reveal his real name.

And yes, I'm back. The muse has struck once again, and I intend to carry it through with the whole story.

And who is to say a story cannot be told through journals?

1. His name is Lein. (which is what I got for angraming his name, but is most likely not his somebodies name.)

2. Good to know you're back.

3. I didn't say that I wanted it told in a story where there would be talking, I was just asking how you planned on writing the rest of the story. (seeing as it seemed he wasn't going to write anything more in his journal)

Exvind

IV

These past few days have been the cause of quite a bit of discussion in the Organization. Number I assigned to me a sort of threat assesment mission, as such, I have been travelling. Seeking out those who acted as foils before. Most were simple to find, their graves or aged bodies on their homeworlds for the most part. I remained unseen, but when near them, removed my coat on the slight possibility they notice my presence, and recognize our trademark uniform. Whereas to us it represents unity, to them it represents fear, and loathing perhaps.

The woman remains with her husband as always. The binding tie between him, and the confused one, Riku. I visited his grave. The epitaph informed me that he had died defending others. Not surprising. He impersonated one of the Old Organization to do the same, according to the records. As expected, the original travelers from the Islands were no longer a threat. Perhaps with his age, Sora has realized the error of his actions as a child. Perhaps not. Perhaps he has grown cynical and paranoid about all that is Dark.

Unlikely.

My next destination was the research world, Radiant Garden. I found more graves than elderly warriors there. I examined the names, and marked each one off of my initial list of targets. The gravekeeper was very fond of all of them. A decrepit, senile gentleman with a long scar between his eyes. I marked his name off of my list as well. Squall Leonheart, it seems, is not capable of passing on knowledge, let alone retaining it for any amount of time.

And as expected, the Royal Guard and the Wizard had passed on as well. Their deaths were most likely felt heavily by Sora, some time ago.

With the initial list filed away among other near-worthless targets, my attention was turned to their descendants. The offspring. The newer generations. Children, quite nearly all of them. Perhaps a year from his teens, the oldest. Silver hair and an attitude problem. No parents, so, of course, living under the care of Sora's line. This is a family I shall be watching carefully for the next few years. Not because the Organization regards them as a threat, but because of the potential. Like myself, hearts seem to congregate around Keybearers, and the gift may have been passed on. Time will tell.

I was seen, however. Not by any adult, but a child. A girl. His granddaughter it would seem, judging by the brown hair and violet eyes. I would guess no older than ten. I had been standing in the shade of a palm tree, and she was holding a bag full of seashells. She regarded me oddly for a moment, as if trying to determine what I was. But within an instant, she just tilted her head, smiled, and sat down by my feet facing the ocean with a proclamation of, "It DOES feel good in the shade, doesn't it Mister?"

Trusting. Carefree. Foolish. Definitely his lineage. As I have explained, we acknowledge temperatures like we do pain, but it does not truly affect us. However, standing in the shade did wear less on my body than out in the heat, so I muttered an agreement to the child. Stretching as if she thought herself empress of the islands, as many girls her age, do, she looked up at me and spoke with an all too certain authority, but always kept that sense of innocence in her voice. Our conversation was this-

The Child: You're not from around here, are you Mister?

IX: No. Simply passing through.

The Child: That doesn't sound like a whole lotta fun. You look like you travel alot!

IX: What makes you say that?

The Child: Your eyes. You look like you've seen a lot! Like...like...like my Daddy after he goes and fights off the Heartless! OMIGOSH! Do you have a Keyblade?! You have to! Only people with Keyblades have those tired eyes, so you've gotta be! Can I see it?!

If I stayed true to my nature, it is likely she would have caught on. However, I am not above pretending to have emotions to conceal what I am. So I laughed. I laughed as I used to, heartily, and smiled down at the child.

IX: No, no child. I am not so fantastic as to go off and protect fair damsels such as yourself. I simply have alot on my mind...but I have run into the Heartless a few times.

To appease her for the time being, I did summon my weapon. With a muted sound of thunder, my clawed gauntlets appeared on my hands. I attempted to smile in a friendly way as I wiggled the blades, before dismissing them. The Child simply stared up at me with the wide-eyed wonder that only children and the mentally handicapped seem to be capable of.

The Child: Whoooaaaa! That was so cool! My name's Clara! Whats your name Mister?

IX: Nilex. Nice to meet you, Clara.

We shook hands. Hers was soft. Fragile. I could have killed her instantly if it had served any purpose. But it didn't, and does not still. However, there is always the future. Clara and I spoke for some time, and she told me all I could want to know about Sora's family. She talked about herself, her brother Vincent, adopted brother Diz (it is hardly surprising that this child would be named after his grandfather's savior.) Their parents. Their home.

It was only after I reported what I had found out to my superiors that I started this entry, and thought back to my discussion with that child. Remembering my emotions, attempting to mimic what I would have done, it had seemed logical at the time. But this also leads me to inquire whether or not curiosity is linked to the heart, or the mind, for my head seems to be filled with questions. Moreso since that meeting. For I must ask, why?

Why did my body smile of its own accord after the little girl left?

-IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back