• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Splintered Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
Okay good chapter,but Sora did nothing wrong in KH2. Org XIII started it but again good chapter.

All a matter of opinion, perspective, and experience my good sir. While slated as the hero in the games, to Nobodies it would only make sense that Sora is regarded as an antagonist. I'm not trying to write a sort of smear campaign here.

However, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
All a matter of opinion, perspective, and experience my good sir. While slated as the hero in the games, to Nobodies it would only make sense that Sora is regarded as an antagonist. I'm not trying to write a sort of smear campaign here.

However, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Yeah I could think of a few nobodies that would disagree with you on that. Anyway keep this up.

Exvind

V

It has been months since my excursion into the realms of Light, and my encounter with the girl, Clara. Since then, there has not been another incident regarding my body mimcing emotions on its own accord. I have determined that it was a simple case of muscle memory. That may be the very reason some Nobodies constantly act as if they are still capable of feeling. A continuing reflex in response to external stimulus. From a scientific standpoint, it makes perfect sense. Though, if that is the case, then that means we are not truly in control of our responses, that out there, in the Darkness, our Hearts resonate with us still in a way, allowing us to react in gesture and in voice, even if we, the shells, feel nothing.

I will have to submit that theory to Number VIII, the current head of research. It is likely he will look into this further.

My days have been following a simple routine. I awake, bathe, then check my door for my daily assignment. Our system is designed on the basis of priority. Assignments of high priority are given personally, no matter what the time or the place. Assignments of a medium priority are delivered via Dusks. Low priority assignments, the most common, are delivered through slots in our doors. These last ones are more for our benefit than any true work for the Organization. As I've said before, we need motivators to compell us to act rather than emotions. Though the vast majority of us know that low priority assignments are next to worthless, it gives us something to do rather than just wander. Of course, that is usually a viable option as well.

I mentioned before a frequent compatriot, Number XXIX, Xria. We go days without contact at a time, but sometimes I seek her out, sometimes she finds me. Regardless, when our meetings do not pertain to assignments or requests for assistance, we talk. We hypothesize. Heart or not, she is quite adept when it comes to -

This entry is to be cut short. Number I has issued a summons. A High Priority Assignment.

-IX

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Whoa, you post fast, or maybe I'm just slow. But, whatever, those were great chapters. I so love the fact that Riku's grandson is named Diz; I just love that name. So, Nilex has just met Sora's granddaughter, Clara. I have a feeling that she, her brother, Vincent, and Diz will all play a big role in the story. Also, what is Nilex's weapon? Were they just swords? It just sounded like it in the description since you said he didn't weild a Keyblade. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Exvind

VI.

Her name is Ari. Xria no longer...rather, she does exist again. That is, the Nobody known as Xria is not...

It is difficult to accurately put pen to paper at this moment. It would make sense that I cannot comprehend just how events transpired last evening, given all that has happened. So many unexpected...and the fact that she will no longer be among us...

Number I summoned me and Xria (Ari now), with orders to examine an increase in Heartless activity in Twilight City. The metropolis has grown greatly in the past decades, but the aged Clock Tower remains as much a fixture in the minds of people, as well as Heartless for one reason or another. Perhaps it is simply so many strong hearts have concentrated in that spot before that the Heartless are drawn to it. Regardless, she and I were dispatched promptly to assess the situation, and understand if it was simply a few strong Heartless, or an influx of weaker varieties. These events have been occuring more often, for reasons none of us truly comprehend.

As is our custom, Xria and I spoke on our way there. She is...was, a head shorter than I. Long black hair like silk with streaks of violet running through, with brilliant viridian eyes. Recalling how I would have reacted to one like her when I was Somebody, I beleive I would call her beautiful. A subtle yet striking beauty. Impervious to age. Such descriptions come simply to me...I was a poet in my first life. I'm wandering...my thoughts are not fully collected.

We spoke of recent events. I told her about my visit with Sora's family. She told me of her trips to a few castles on worlds I've never heard of. We spoke of the Heartless activity recently, then we spoke of stopping for, of all things, icecream once the mission was accomplished. Not that either of us "enjoy" foods in general, but the sensation of taste is always interesting, and is as valid a conversation topic as any. We stopped our discussions upon arrival.

The courtyard infront of the Clock Tower was empty, at first. However, we were not alone long. I looked towards the sewer systems, while she searched near the tower proper. Then, the Heartless appeared. It was large, vaguely humanoid with those unique yellow eyes. It looked to be an armored, emblem-bearing version of a Neoshadow, twitching with large tendrils in lieu of hair, and formidable claws. I summoned my weapons, two armored gauntlets with dagger-length blades on the fingers, and started running. Xria turned, and faced the Heartless.

Both froze. So did I once I noticed.

The Heartless promptly stopped twitching, and stood erect, much like a human, and Xria stared right back at it, with a look of awe on her face. They both slowly walked towards each other, and I doubt they had any control over their actions...the Heart is a powerful thing. I dismissed my Claws, and they met face to face. Like mirrors, they both raised their hands, and touched each other.

The light that shone from them blinded me...not existing, I could not bear to look. I averted my eyes. Eventually, the light dimmed, and she stood there, still dressed in her Organization uniform. Her hair was shorter...red, free of streaks, but everything else was the same. Her eyes were closed, and she stood, facing me.

I took a few steps forward, and called her name. "Xria...?"

Her eyes opened, but this time...there was a glimmer in them that I had never seen before. When she spoke, it was weak, uncertain, tremulous, afraid, and overjoyed. She had found her Heart. I stopped. She was no longer the Nobody that I had worked with for so long. She had acheived her goal. She was entirely different, yet so much the same. She said, "My name...is Ari."

She began to cry, yet she was smiling. Two entirely opposite actions, but she smiled, and said her name once again, louder. She looked me in the eye, and then ran at me. I remained motionless as she pulled my hood back, and embraced me. She was remarkably strong...an attribute I would give to her Heart. She held onto me, but I did nothing. Why should I? She had her Heart, and I felt nothing.

"Nilex..." She said to me. "Nilex...I can...all these feelings...Oh god, and you've always been so nice to me, my only real friend."

She was speaking nonsense. We worked together, yes. We had talked at length, yes. But I have never been nice. Such a thing would be illogical. But still, she spewed this rabble at me, cried into my chest then...

Then she kissed me. I do not know why she did, and why she expected anything from me. To her, I must have appeared a statue, because after she pulled away, my face now wet with her tears, she frowned, and, of all things, said, "Oh...right...you don't feel anything..." She did not either not more than five minutes before, and already she had forgotten? Does the Heart carry that sort of ignorance with it? Perhaps I am more efficient without it, why do I even want my Heart in any case? Just because it is a goal to motivate me to do anything in this non-existance? Perhaps I want to feel again, to match the performance she gave.

...I returned to Number I with her uniform. She knew as well as I do that she no longer has a place in the Organization. She has been Reborn. Her Acknowledgement shall be erased, as the Nobody known as Xria no longer exists. Ari...that is her name. She wore simple clothes, and cried as I left. I do not understand why. She insisted on kissing me once again, before saying one last thing before I returned to our Fortress.

"Nilex....if, someday.....I'll come back to this spot every Saturday. If I can help...just find me, please? And...please let me see you again someday?"

I said nothing and left her there.

I gave my report, and returned here, to my room, and began on this journal entry. For hours, words would not come to me for some reason or another. I do not understand why. I shall have to find someone else as capable as carrying on conversations with now that Xria......Ari is no longer here. If I cannot find one in our Organization...perhaps I shall have to resort to going to the Tower on Saturdays. Unlikely. A Nobody has no place among those with Hearts.

My face is moist. Tears are leaking from my eyes. I feel nothing, but my body is greiving. I cannot imagine why. But it would seem that my theory about Hearts capable of resonating from afar is more sound than I first imagined. It would seem, that my body misses her.

I feel nothing. I feel nothing. I feel nothing. Yet out there in the void, my Heart forces my body to weep simply because I shall not see a compatriot. She called me a friend, but that is something only two people with Hearts can be......isn't it?

It would be very inconvenient if my body insists on missing her for an extended period of time. I suspect it will, based on how I would have responded. I shall stop writing, lest this ink get hit by a teardrop.

I did not know Nobodies could cry.

-IX

Last edited:

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
Obviously he didn't read the fiile on Axel, and Roxas. (nobodies who can cry) Anyways good chapter.
Nilex is seeing things from a Saix point of view, (from what I'm seeing) nobodies may lack hearts but friends, a place among people with hearts, and other things are still obtainable.
Also Nilex, is looking from his prospective, talking with someone who would otherwise be alone, is kindness.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
Just because Nobodies are "emotionless" doesn't mean they can't grow and change. Thanks for picking up on that. *Smile*
My pleasure. How Saix and DiZ treated nobodies and replicas, as insignificant isn't just. Nobodies wish for completion by seeking hearts of their own, just as a replicas wish to find who they were coped from to either, absorb the rest of them or to be absorbed themselves. But it is how they see it, wheather they actually believe they don't need these to go on, or countinue to seek something that is not needed only for them to feel complete.

Exvind

VII

Time moves quickly for some. Others, it drolls on, and on, and on into eternity. For myself, it seems to waver between the two. Sometimes, days, weeks fly by as if they were not even there. Then, suddenly, one minute takes ten times that to pass. Caught between two extremes, with no moderation. It has always been this way for me, even when I was Somebody. Since...her Rebirth, the latter of the two extremes is all that more common.

The search for another to have discussions with has not proved fruitful. We number more than one hundred, yet none of them have quite the same quality to their arguments. As such, I find myself wandering more. I've opted to not go to Twilight City on Saturdays. Our worlds are seperate now, and the sooner she realizes that, the better off she will be. I have nothing to do with her any more...I do not belong.

Jaleax did indeed seem intrigued by my theories regarding the Heart influencing the response of our bodies to emotional stimuli while we still feel nothing. He went so far to admit it as a valid theory. That, I think, shall keep him and his team busy for some time. To fill my own, I have been volunteering for more and more scouting and recon missions. Somehow, The Castle That Never Was seems more vacant, even though only one of us left.

So I have travelled, reporting at the end of every day. I have seen many new places. Sights my old self would call spectacular. Places worth remembering to visit once I regain my Heart. I have met people, blended in with them. The sheer closeness of them made me feel burned by the sheer power of their Hearts...and most, if not all are completely ignorant to the gifts they have. They act as if all is well, and that having a Heart is no great matter. While I may not have mine anymore, even I see that it is ungratefulness at its prime. But still, I travel. I learn. I report. I map. I sleep. I avoid Saturdays.

I did take a look, once. Months must have passed, and I was in the City on assignment. I looked on from a distant rooftop, and she was there, sitting on a ledge with a book in her lap, her hair tied in a small bun. She would look up every few minutes, scan the crowd, look around, for me, then go back to her book. Odd that the Heart would make her do such a thing, for something that doesn't even exist. Time granted mercy in that occasion, and the hours flew by, the orange sun casting everything in an odd light just before setting. It was only then she closed the book, looked aorund for me one last time, sighed in disappointment, and left. Curious.

By this point, easily half a year has passed since Ari became Whole. I remember time going on, slowly, dragging its feet, yet looking back it seems like it has simply flown. The only other real point of interest happened three days ago. It spurred me on to put in this entry, an activity I find myself doing less and less, but still I must. If I do not find my Heart, this journal must Exist for me. I wander more when I write, I have noticed this too.

The world was marked by wide, flat, warm grasslands. Civilization was present in sparce pockets here and there, but for the most part, there were fields. I was scouting, as usual, and had temporarily taken up residence in an emptied barn. The wood was stained with the musk of years of storage. Hay and straw, whatever difference there may be, was piled in great heaps in every corner. Rodents, insects, birds, and all sorts of small animals made their homes in this derelict. No one would notice my presence there. It suited my purposes. The day had started without incident. I forsook my signature Organization coat, and wandered the towns, under the guise of a wandering musician. I have not touched a violin since becoming a Nobody, but the ability has not forsaken me like so much else. When presented with one, the notes came easily to my fingers, and like a recording, I played as I did when I was alive. The townsfolk seemed pleased, but an elderly man came up to me and said,

"Young man, you've got a lot to learn about playing the violin! You hit the notes perfectly, but there's so much more to it! You have to -feel- the music! Let it move you! Music all comes from the Heart!"

I was very much tempted to kill him for shouting the obvious at me. But, instead, I smiled, bowed my head, thanked him for the advice, and vowed to kill him if he tried to give me any more. I spent time among the people, waiting for any sign of Heartless, and found nothing. This was a quiet world, and would likely stay that way for quite some time. It was not until I moved to leave that anything happened. It was as soon as I pulled on my coat and flipped up my hood. The barn shifted with a large bang, as if impacted by a large object. This, of course, warrented investigation.

I had hardly stuck my nose outside before I pulled myself back to avoid a blade coming down infront of my face. A Keyblade. It was a twisted variant, with a number of bones and a large perpetually laughing skull at the end of it, held by a man dressed entirely in white. White boots, an open white coat much like ours in design, a white shirt and greaves, white gloves, and a wrap-around white, featureless mask. He was average physically, perhaps a few inches shorter than I. I stood in the doorway of the barn, and quickly twisted to the side to avoid being impaled when he lunged at me declaring,

"You shouldn't exist!"

I summoned my Claws to me, extending the blades at my fingertips out slightly, sliding smoothly into a low stance, waiting for his next move. He lept forward, raising his balde up for a crashing blow from above. I held my ground and grabbed the shaft of the blade with one claw, thankful for the armor plating around my hands, and slashed at his midsection. It was clear, the only reason he was here, was to kill me. Somehow, he knew I was a Nobody, and had some sort of innate predjudice towards me. Typical. What was not so typical is that he spun, rotating his body so that he was more or less peforming a handstand on his weapon as I held it, then turned, sparks flying from the friction of our two weapons, then lept away as soon as I loosened my grip.

I wasted no time, darting forward towards him, raising one claw, before feinting to the side and striking with my other. He fell for it, and I was rewarded with a small jet of blood from just under his ribcage. He cried out in pain, and kicked at me rather agilely. It was impressive, but the actual force of the kick was not. I was knocked back slightly, and he took the opening to attempt and impale me once more through the chest. He met, however, with open air. Had he known my ability with illusions, I doubt he would have made that brash a move.

Allow me to explain. If I have precisely seventeen seconds in the presence of another, then I am able to alter what their mind's eye sees. As such, for reference, if you want to kill me, you should do so within seventeen seconds. After which, you are mine. Like this poor fool.

Striking at what he thought was me with my guard down, he left his back entirely open. I, however, do not waste oppurtunities. I struck with both of my claws, slashing the tendons in his arms and legs, rendering him useless, but still able to talk, which was precisely what I was going to get him to do. The man in white crumpled, crying and screaming in what I am going to guess was frustration, pain, and disgust. Towards me, and this situation. I rolled him onto his back with the toe of my boot, and crouched down, tracing a Claw along his neckline.

"I think I've won this one. Now, as my prize, I'll take what you know. Now then, I am going to ask you a few simple questions. Answer them truthfully, and I let you live. In fact, I will even get you to medical help. If you lie to me or refuse to talk, I will stab you. Along your arms, and your legs. Then I will flay off your skin one layer at a time. These Claws are very good at that. Then, if you persist to the end, I will kill you. So. Who are you, and why are you here?"

Red was smeared all over the white of his attire. Where the material was torn, I could see tanned skin underneath. A bit of red formed under the facemask. I assume he was coughing blood. My time with him was limited as it was. But, then I realized, he wasn't coughing blood, he spat it. Spat at me, and was laughing. Of all things, this fool was laughing at me as he died.

"I'm with the Union that is going to cleanse the worlds of your kind, Nobody. You aren't supposed to exist, so we are going to clean up."

He laughed more, and I thought I saw movement under the mask. I heard a crunch, chewing, and only realized too late that he had just bitten into a suicide tablet. I slashed at the fabric around his neck, to attempt to keep him from taking his secrets to his grave, but it was too late. But, he did pass one secret on to me in his death, a fact that still, for some reason or another, made the air seem colder around me in that barn.

As I dropped the mask, I found myself looking down at the grinning, defiant corpse of Sora's son.

Clara's father had decided that the secrets of his Union and the killing of Nobodies were more important than going home to his family.

We are the ones without Hearts, yet those with them are still capable of such a thing.

Still, now I ask, what is the Union?

-IX

Last edited:

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
First of all, awesome chapter. I thought the keyblader was going to be the old man from in town (the one who yelled at Nilex), but the truth was way cooler. I did notice three mistakes while I read, though. They're nothing huge, but I figured that I'd let you know.

I forsake my signature Organization coat, and wandered the towns, under the guise of a wandering musician.
Should be 'forsook'. 'Forsake' is present tense, but the rest of the story is past tense.

So I have travelled, reporting at the end of every day. I have seen many new places. Sights my old self would call spectacular. Places worth remembering to visit once I regain my Heart. I have met people, blending in with them. Feeling burnt by the sheer power of their Hearts...and most, if not all are completely ignorant to the gifts they have.
Should be 'blended' and felt burned'. You were using the present tense again when the rest of the story is in past tense.

I struck with both of my claws, slashing the tendons in his arms and legs, rendering him useless, but still able to talk, which is precisely what I was going to get him to do.
Same problem as above. It should be 'which was precisely what I was going to get him to do.'

Anyway, I loved the hay and straw line in this chapter. I literally laughed out loud.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Holy crap, that was totally insane!!! Nilex fought Sora's son!!! Man, that was really crazy, especially the death scene; I would have thought that he would have tried to live, but he just offed himself. Oh boy, I'm really afraid for what happens when his family finds out what happens. So, who is this mysterious Union? I guess I'm just as curious as Nilex; can't wait to find out. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back