• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► SPOILERS Kingdom Hearts X[chi] - Meeting Skuld

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I find this Skuld person interesting. On one hand, the name means "future" or "debt." On the other, it can be short for "skulduggery" which means trickery. I still can't decide which theory I'm going for.
Nice catch. I can't believe that I didn't notice that before! o_o

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Remember that Daybreak Town/The Keyblade Graveyard are originally from a time before the worlds were split, so anything might have happened to the regions' nature once turned into a "world" of their own as a result of the War.

It absolutely wouldn't surprise me if the Keyblade Graveyard is a world in the Realm Between.

I'm not sure if I believe that Daybreak Town is the Keyblade Graveyard, which is something I've thought previously.
Something just doesn't line up there, for me.
Like how the Book of Prophecies refers to "that place," which to me suggests a separation of location from Daybreak Town.

But I do believe it's a safe bet to assume that Daybreak Town as we're witnessing it is a Sleeping World. Unless Nomura wants to change how Dream Eaters work, that's the only option.
I imagine it hasn't been strictly confirmed yet because that's going to be a revelation for Player and the others. That might even be the "truth of this world" that Nightmare Chirithy mentions, or the "truth" that Ephemera is reaching by becoming Unchained.

That's a good point that I didn't think of. Thanks for clearing that up for me, The_Echo!

I thought I'd try and put what union Ephemera's in, depending on what one the player is in, to the Rebirth theory to see if we can maybe glean something from it all:

So, if you're in Ventus' union, then Ephemera is in Kairi's union (interesting; going off of the Ven and Kairi from the series, you could say that you're both in unions of light here. But seeing as how Leopardus wants to protect the darkness, that might not actually be the case at all. Very curious).

If you're in Riku's union, then Ephemera is in Aqua's union (this is also interesting, because people have often compared those two's similar traits to each other).

If you're in Kairi's union, then Ephemera is in Riku's union (Kairi's best friend).

If you're in Aqua's union, then Ephemera is in Terra's union (someone who's supposed to be best friends with Aqua, but they've been seen to have a rocky relationship before; no pun intended).

And if you're in Terra's union, then Ephemera is in Ventus' union (Terra's best friend, and someone who--at least during the events of BbS--he seems to get on better with than Aqua).

What do you guys think about this? Do you think it could be important, or is it just randomly selected unions that mean nothing?

AurisFlown

Awards
Let's just say this IS happening in the sleeping worlds, then is it possible that unchained actually means to not be apart of the sleeping world anymore?

And how Skuld said that the world would end in an instant and suddenly, makes it feel more like the world will wake up one day but it would mean anyone who resided in that world would either disappear or appear with the real world...but then it also means that if someone was born from the sleeping world, then they would technically stop existing because they are a part of that world.

or something like that.

What if "unchained" equates to "awakening"? I think the term "chained" could refer to a chain of dreams, i mean, people have different dreams but maybe one dream leads to another, or it could be that people share the same dream but from different points of view.
I don't think Ephemera is going to be the bad guy, but maybe a puppet. Remember what Ava said, they needed people like him, as they would rebuild the world thanks to the light in their hearts. Maybe Ephemera is awakening the dreamers and asking them go to the real world to protect it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
About that tower with prohibited access: could the Master of Masters perhaps be inside that tower? We know he "mysteriously" disappeared. But what if the traitor (assuming there is even one) was the one that kidnapped him/her and locked him inside that tower? Perhaps he was the only one capable of changing the future for better and the traitor locked him inside in order to fulfill whatever dark desires that person has.

Muke

whatever
Awards
OH.

We're the third character in the trinity.

Sora Riku Kairi.
Roxas Axel Xion.
Terra Ventus Aqua.
Mickey Donald Goofy.
[Player] Ephemera Skuld.

This... is interesting!! I never thought of it that way

Arcana-Key

Awards
OH.

We're the third character in the trinity.

Sora Riku Kairi.
Roxas Axel Xion.
Terra Ventus Aqua.
Mickey Donald Goofy.
[Player] Ephemera Skuld.

Does this mean they get a trio name--

Dream Trio

Chained Trio...

On another note, this is getting really good! Like really good. In retrospect this is probably Nomura's plan all along. Draw us in with cutesy style and cutesy starts and then give us a grim reminder that," hey, the Keyblade War is right around the corner, so, uh, have some mind crushing feels!" The revelation of speaking Heartless is...definitely something that I didn't expect outside of what, Ansem? I wonder if that's a thing for Keybearers with significant Darkness--

Then again it might just be weird. Terrifying. Ugh, just imagining how raspy they sound give me the shivers. ;n;

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I find this Skuld person interesting. On one hand, the name means "future" or "debt." On the other, it can be short for "skulduggery" which means trickery. I still can't decide which theory I'm going for.
Never even thought of that. Good catch there!

makine

Awards
Does this mean they get a trio name--

Dream Trio

Chained Trio...

On another note, this is getting really good! Like really good. In retrospect this is probably Nomura's plan all along. Draw us in with cutesy style and cutesy starts and then give us a grim reminder that," hey, the Keyblade War is right around the corner, so, uh, have some mind crushing feels!" The revelation of speaking Heartless is...definitely something that I didn't expect outside of what, Ansem? I wonder if that's a thing for Keybearers with significant Darkness--

Then again it might just be weird. Terrifying. Ugh, just imagining how raspy they sound give me the shivers. ;n;
We'll call them the Corpse Trio

:eek:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So, if the Rebirth theory is correct, I just realized that this update gave some people their wish about getting to see Terra and Aqua really fight each other. LOL.

(Because I know some people seemed annoyed that in BbS--despite hints otherwise, and all the build up--we never really saw Terra and Aqua get into a brawl. The only time they did get into a fight to the death was because Xehanort was possessing Terra, and not because it was Terra himself... Unless you count their Mark of Mastery exam, I guess. Or when Ven has a flashback of them training/battling each other in the Olympus Coliseum, but those were just cutscenes that you didn't get to play. And once again, they weren't really at odds with each other there: just being instructed to face off against each other by Master Eraqus.)

@Ballad of Caius: So you're basically saying that the Master of Masters in some sort of Naminé in Chain of Memories situation?:)

@makine: And don't forget Sora, Donald, and Goofy, and Sora, Riku Replica, and Naminé in the fake memories from CoM;) (But in all seriousness, that's a really good theory that you have, and I think you're right about Ephemera, Skuld, and Player being the new trio.)

I also think I'm starting to ship Ephemera with Ava, and Player and Skuld together (I kid). Mostly... Skuld being the first person to get Player to talk does somewhat get my shipper heart going, though. LOL. Somewhat.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
So, if the Rebirth theory is correct, I just realized that this update gave some people their wish about getting to see Terra and Aqua really fight each other. LOL.

(Because I know some people seemed annoyed that in BbS--despite hints otherwise, and all the build up--we never really saw Terra and Aqua get into a brawl. The only time they did get into a fight to the death was because Xehanort was possessing Terra, and not because it was Terra himself... Unless you count their Mark of Mastery exam, I guess. Or when Ven has a flashback of them training/battling each other in the Olympus Coliseum, but those were just cutscenes that you didn't get to play. And once again, they weren't really at odds with each other there: just being instructed to face off against each other by Master Eraqus.)

@Ballad of Caius: So you're basically saying that the Master of Masters in some sort of Naminé in Chain of Memories situation?:)

@makine: And don't forget Sora, Donald, and Goofy, and Sora, Riku Replica, and Naminé in the fake memories from CoM;) (But in all seriousness, that's a really good theory that you have, and I think you're right about Ephemera, Skuld, and Player being the new trio.)

I also think I'm starting to ship Ephemera with Ava, and Player and Skuld together (I kid). Mostly... Skuld being the first person to get Player to talk does somewhat get my shipper heart going, though. LOL. Somewhat.

Yeah. Something like that. But I wonder how can someone imprison a powerful person like the Master of Masters? Perhaps he was turning very old and began to lose his or her powers?

makine

Awards
MY HEART PLEASE NO don't say such things
41caDQc%2BEXL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

-----

Are people seriously doubting Aqua's ability to wipe the floor with any other character in the franchise?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Are people seriously doubting Aqua's ability to wipe the floor with any other character in the franchise?
I might've at some point, but after realizing just how much she'd leveled up after fighting all those Heartless during that brief segment in the RoD, I guess not so much anymore. Constantly fighting for your life against swarms of ravenous darkness beasts in the KH version of hell would probably keep you in decent physical shape...

mallow

Website
mallowkey.tumblr.com
Nightmare Chirithy practically confirmed that the heartless we've been fighting were once keyblade wielders, right?
Going in-game for a bit, it's inevitable that when you're in a party, members stop playing entirely, rendering them inactive and unable to collect light/fend themselves off from darkness.

So imagine looking for one of your party members and running into a heartless...

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I think in this case they would have used Heartless we've already encountered in the cutscene to drive this point home. The Emblems are probably not the players themselves but something different. Lux is the connection, I wonder how you would be able to gather it in the first place without defeating Heartless.

But I think this new Heartless confirmed [chi]/Unchained doesn't take place in the sleeping worlds. Since the Chirithy are the only Dream Eaters there, I think they are dreamt by the Master of Masters, who should be sleeping somewhere.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
But I think this new Heartless confirmed [chi]/Unchained doesn't take place in the sleeping worlds. Since the Chirithy are the only Dream Eaters there, I think they are dreamt by the Master of Masters, who should be sleeping somewhere.
But in DDD, when the dream overlapped reality, the dream took priority so Heartless still didn't appear.

Besides, do we really know that they're Heartless?
Something about them being called Black Costumes (in kanji, no less) has me... skeptical. It may even be a group name.
And a named group of Heartless seems fishy.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
But in DDD, when the dream overlapped reality, the dream took priority so Heartless still didn't appear.

Besides, do we really know that they're Heartless?
Something about them being called Black Costumes (in kanji, no less) has me... skeptical. It may even be a group name.
And a named group of Heartless seems fishy.
Yeah, I see your point but what could they be instead? I mean they spot all the Heartless features and have fallen into darkness. The mission text that appears before you defeat them says "Defeat the three Mysterious Black Costumes and aim for the Lux!" (ルクスを狙う 黒装束の3人組をやっつけよう!). So if they are indeed part of a dark faction (which seems very likely) the name should refer to these lower-rank creatures but probably not to the organization itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back