• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Starting out. Just wondering.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
Arcanum is also a very strong ability. No wonder if it takes two slots. It certain can take down one bar of health for bosses. Faith and Salvation work like Megaflare. They've got a huge range and deal a lot of damage. I do prefer those two for mobs though, or in the Arena.

From what they showed on gameplay in KH3 it will be more like the KH2 system. Though they can still change it. In BBS, Coded and DDD they all had a form of the Command system. All I know is that they were testing those systems for future games, which might also be for Final Fantasy actually. Either way, we'll probably see in about 2 months when the E3 starts

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Good thing for that; and yeah they can still change it, tho I do expect to see some stuff from these portable games. Mostly flowmotion. (Which is why I've been replaying all the games; rather not dive into the mindscrew that is DDD without making sure I am not relying on spoilers!)

Anyway got though Neverland, I'll go grab Superglide then go get the stickers I missed, then it's off to the end. (Well, got one more CS before but rather get that stuff done now.)

Xelon99

Awards
There's a lot of talk that Flowmotion will be returning in KH3. I'm honestly doubting that for the reason that the worlds we'll go in wont be Dream Worlds, and there wont be a touchscreen to form a path. Unless they simply work around that all and evolve the Flowmotion, which will be great. Though it did make the player very overpowered in most situations...

Right now I'm still playing through both BBS on the ps3 and Days on the DS. I always loved Days, but it did have a monotonues swing to it. Oh well, plenty time to replay Coded and DDD as well so I'm not worried.

Sadly Superglide doesn't have an attacking form like Slide has. But you'll be a lot faster and able to reach other stickers, which it more is intended for. Maybe an idea to switch those out for battles?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
That's the plan. I didn't know that since I haven't played DDD yet but I think if they use Flowmotion (there's been talk in interviews about it) it will be a evolved form or something based on it, after all it's not dream world. As for touch thing; I don't know if the Xbox has this but the PS4 does have a touch screen thing on the controller. So it's doable there at least....

I don't expect dream world to play a huge part in KH3 as it is. Maybe some dream stuff b/c of having to wake/save people but that's it.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
The secret boss in DDD is a real powerhouse. In gameplay I'd say it's about as hard, if not harder, as the Unknown from KH1. However there are tons of cheap tricks in DDD. Like how you can use Flowmotion to basically do a powerslam on the ground.

The Xbox One doesn't have any touch mode. So at the very most on the ps4 it could be used for menu-related things. Nothing which has to do with magic or fighting. A little disappointing maybe, but then we didn't have that stuff in KH2 either.

I think Dream Worlds further will only make a mentioned appearance... like Yen Sid talking about it in the first moments. Further it probably will be revolving around either some special training mission for Sora, or getting the keyblades together. Or both. It's a very wide concept we're given...

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Welp, got all the stickers other than the two in the final worlds. And good point. I'll keep working on this though; bet the more casual players/people that don't even read bleeping spoilers will be confused when KH3 comes out; going to be a few mindscrews in the beginning, I betcha.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
KHX Spoilers:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Gotcha Black. Since KhX is the only game I'm not playing (It not being in English is a very nasteh barrier for me, ruins the desire to play since I can't read JP, even after 10 years of FFXI; and when I play a RPG I want to understand it, hence why i'm relying on this site for spoilers for it) it's something I kinda know due to spoilers but, it remains to be seen how the pieces from both KHX and DDD fit together.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Man, I'm gone for most of the week and you're plowing through this game like a boss.

Anyway, this is pretty moot considering that you're already on the way to get Superglide, but one thing I learned is that the area that has Superglide can be accessed as soon as you arrive. All you have to do is use some Sliding Dashes to reach there instead of Glide and you can get the ability several worlds before you get the normal Glide.

Also, Thunder Roll is a good ability to have in while playing the game, but once you reach the superbosses, I actually recommend replacing it with a normal Dodge Roll for more invincibility frames. Believe me when I say that more than one boss requires you to dodge like a madman.

Also, Tornado is a pretty good ability to have. The only downside is that when you use it, you are unable (to my knowledge, anyway) get out of it and can die if enemies that aren't caught in the Tornado dog-pile you like the Neoshadows can in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix. That being said, if you can time it just right, one of the superbosses can go down very easily with two uses of Tornado.

Assuming you are going after the superbosses, one of the best things I can tell you is...actually, I think I'll just let Piccolo take it from here:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
kuraudo; You missed it lol. Got all stickers for ven and placed them right like I did for Terra, beat it (I actually had to beat Van twice, once because I thought I'd missed a report but I didn't! And it seems Ven was the one with two chests, not Aqua) Poor Ven; tho b/c I never thought I'd get to play this at all I think I know where his heart ended up..(yes I spoilered myself but it's different seeing it for yourself!)

Anyway on Aqua's chapter now; I think with her it's magic all the way? Pretty much anyway?

I'll remember that if I go for the superbosses later, right now it's..get though the story and I'll worry about the superbosses at my leisure later, since I'm just trying to prep as much as I can for KH3 and catch up on the games I never did get to play. No more having to rely on stupid web/wiki spoilers. Bleh.

[edit] Man, going to have to level Aqua up more than Terra or Ven to make sure she'll live. I half expected that (I tend to play mages in MMOs and mages are always a tad more fragile), but I already died 3 times. Been leveling her up by saving at the chateau in the first world and doing a hit and run method; run in, kill 3-4 of the weaker Unversed and try to activate Spellweaver, then run/cartwheel back to the save point. I may go try Command Board after I get her to 5-10 to try to score a Cure. Haven't had luck with that on the other charas, but barring that gonna try to stock up on potions.

Since she has to mess with Van too, going to try to meld a couple blackouts at the earliest opportunity so she can have Dark Screen. (Not that I'd use that for much else!)

[Edit again] Okay, got her to level 10, got her the second level spells that I could do in a hurry (this is the fastest I've done any melding at all) and going to work on getting the points so I can get her Exp Walker as fast as I got Ven. She's going to need it like nuts. Got though Cinderella's world pretty easily after that.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
KHX Spoilers:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Just asking it straight up here because whatever, is KHx good to follow for those who don't know Japanese and don't have too much time to invest on it? I'm quite interested to play it but it still confuses me what it's about and what it's meant for

kuraudo; You missed it lol. Got all stickers for ven and placed them right like I did for Terra, beat it (I actually had to beat Van twice, once because I thought I'd missed a report but I didn't! And it seems Ven was the one with two chests, not Aqua) Poor Ven; tho b/c I never thought I'd get to play this at all I think I know where his heart ended up..(yes I spoilered myself but it's different seeing it for yourself!)

Anyway on Aqua's chapter now; I think with her it's magic all the way? Pretty much anyway?

I'll remember that if I go for the superbosses later, right now it's..get though the story and I'll worry about the superbosses at my leisure later, since I'm just trying to prep as much as I can for KH3 and catch up on the games I never did get to play. No more having to rely on stupid web/wiki spoilers. Bleh.

[edit] Man, going to have to level Aqua up more than Terra or Ven to make sure she'll live. I half expected that (I tend to play mages in MMOs and mages are always a tad more fragile), but I already died 3 times. Been leveling her up by saving at the chateau in the first world and doing a hit and run method; run in, kill 3-4 of the weaker Unversed and try to activate Spellweaver, then run/cartwheel back to the save point. I may go try Command Board after I get her to 5-10 to try to score a Cure. Haven't had luck with that on the other charas, but barring that gonna try to stock up on potions.

Since she has to mess with Van too, going to try to meld a couple blackouts at the earliest opportunity so she can have Dark Screen. (Not that I'd use that for much else!)

[Edit again] Okay, got her to level 10, got her the second level spells that I could do in a hurry (this is the fastest I've done any melding at all) and going to work on getting the points so I can get her Exp Walker as fast as I got Ven. She's going to need it like nuts. Got though Cinderella's world pretty easily after that.

On the psp I had major issues with beating Vens story for some reason. Took me a good hour to finish the final section last time. On the ps3 it took me maybe 5 minutes, simply to fill up the bar.

Aqua specializes in magic. But her true power lies in her blocking ability. 360 degree reflect, even in midair. I'm at level 19 for her in the 2nd world... I stall and mess around a lot. Trying to get Curagas and Blizzagas from the get go. And if you liked Time Splicer for Ven, Aqua can get that command as well.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll make sure to fuse her Time Splicer then soon as I can get access to the materials. As it is, I fused her the second level spells(from thunder and blizzard) soon as I could, soon as she learns the magic damage boosting abilities on those I'll take 'em to -ga. ^^

Oh and I discovered when I went back to Land of Departure that Cure was available right there. Grabbed a copy realfast. I'll grab a second so I can start fusing THAT up too.

Also with KHx; if game only in Japanese intimidates you as much as it does me, best keep a eye on any story translations here on this site. Which is what I do; it's going to be important, story wise. ^^

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
Funny enough I've noticed, a level 3 Blizzara deals more damage than a level 1 Blizzaga. Shows how important it is to actually level abilities as well... Takes some time though.

I usually buy 4 as soon as I can to get the Curaga immediately. Better save than sorry. Also a good way to get Magic Hastes, Reload Boost and Second Chance.

I've actually studied Japanese for two years and know the very basic Romanji. But from what I've seen on screenshots it's mostly in Hiragana. So I'll be using translations for sure. But I do think after a while you'll get a feel for what is what in that game. Ability wise at least

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I can tell you, the one time I tried to play a game in japanese (FF3J, before it was fully translated) it drove me nuts. I'm just dyslexic enough that since I only know a few words in romanji from playing FFXI so long/watching anime fansubs(of course, it was anime fansubs at the time; no ffxi back when I was in college), it's like "What is this? I can't understand a bleeping thing! Can't even figure out the commands very well!"

That's why I'm relying on translations. Also since it's a social game/browser MMO, I don't think I could handle more than one, and right now XIV is it for me.

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Just asking it straight up here because whatever, is KHx good to follow for those who don't know Japanese and don't have too much time to invest on it? I'm quite interested to play it but it still confuses me what it's about and what it's meant for

Good as valuable? It's not so hard to read the translations put up by KHI. There are translated videos as well, which might be even better, as you can watch the scenes in action.

It is quite possible to play without investing much time, since the story missions require only 1AP per action. This means you don't need to worry about levelling up like you normally would in a social game, like me and my suicide squad in FF: Record Keeper right now. This is because, even if you aren't levelled up, you can easily fight bosses 50 deaths in a row with a full bar, and they probably won't survive that. Learning the interface is what takes the most time, and we've got guides and a community here for that.

Xelon99

Awards
I can tell you, the one time I tried to play a game in japanese (FF3J, before it was fully translated) it drove me nuts. I'm just dyslexic enough that since I only know a few words in romanji from playing FFXI so long/watching anime fansubs(of course, it was anime fansubs at the time; no ffxi back when I was in college), it's like "What is this? I can't understand a bleeping thing! Can't even figure out the commands very well!"

That's why I'm relying on translations. Also since it's a social game/browser MMO, I don't think I could handle more than one, and right now XIV is it for me.
I've played several japanese roms on my DS before, I barely understood any of it but I somehow did beat the games. I can see how dyslexia can be a huge pain if you can only figure out a few words to begin with. Luckily there are translators then

Good as valuable? It's not so hard to read the translations put up by KHI. There are translated videos as well, which might be even better, as you can watch the scenes in action.

It is quite possible to play without investing much time, since the story missions require only 1AP per action. This means you don't need to worry about levelling up like you normally would in a social game, like me and my suicide squad in FF: Record Keeper right now. This is because, even if you aren't levelled up, you can easily fight bosses 50 deaths in a row with a full bar, and they probably won't survive that. Learning the interface is what takes the most time, and we've got guides and a community here for that.

I'll give it a shot then, trying to make a JP Yahoo account now. The Capcha is in a quite annoying font so that'll be a slight problem. But seeing how I'm both sick a lot and have a lot of free time right now, I think I'll be fine then. If the storymode doesn't take much time and leveling isn't too necessary I wont be in trouble. I'll be checking out the translations and sections here as well

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay, fused two blackouts and now have maxed out Dark Screen. I also have Exp Walker on her already (That really helps with the XP grinding; that's one ability I hope they keep but make sure it can't be abused. I never did a cheat with it, just walk around and kill stuff, letting Exp Walker just give me extra xp which helps. Every little bit helps since I end up walking around a lot anyway just to grind.)

Next goal with melding is to get a Time Splicer with Second Chance (same thing I did for Ven) and the same fira + fira + wellspring meld so she has Once More too. If I can get Leaf Bracer too, that'd rock. Then it's off to the fourth world.

[edit]Messed up and didn't get time splicer like I wanted to, but managed to beat Radiant Garden anyhoo. I'll do fruitball a little later, had to rethink how I wanted to fuse it. I'll get it before I go to the next town though. Prolly helped I was level 30ish, <3 XP Walker. ^^

[edit again] Haha, so that's how our fine witch found Pete! And that was a cute CS too. Shame Aqua missed Ven and Terra...

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'll give it a shot then, trying to make a JP Yahoo account now. The Capcha is in a quite annoying font so that'll be a slight problem. But seeing how I'm both sick a lot and have a lot of free time right now, I think I'll be fine then. If the storymode doesn't take much time and leveling isn't too necessary I wont be in trouble. I'll be checking out the translations and sections here as well

Just come to the walkthrough thread in the forums if you need any additional help.

Also, if you're going to log off and want to dump AP in a hurry, open some of those decorative red chests (or the Blue ones if you're in a real hurry). They're from the current event and some of the reds have AP Pluses inside, pretty helpful for a new player. Some of them have Pretender Heartless in them, but there's a trick to spotting those, so you can avoid them if you're not interested.

Xelon99

Awards
Okay, fused two blackouts and now have maxed out Dark Screen. I also have Exp Walker on her already (That really helps with the XP grinding; that's one ability I hope they keep but make sure it can't be abused. I never did a cheat with it, just walk around and kill stuff, letting Exp Walker just give me extra xp which helps. Every little bit helps since I end up walking around a lot anyway just to grind.)

Next goal with melding is to get a Time Splicer with Second Chance (same thing I did for Ven) and the same fira + fira + wellspring meld so she has Once More too. If I can get Leaf Bracer too, that'd rock. Then it's off to the fourth world.

[edit]Messed up and didn't get time splicer like I wanted to, but managed to beat Radiant Garden anyhoo. I'll do fruitball a little later, had to rethink how I wanted to fuse it. I'll get it before I go to the next town though. Prolly helped I was level 30ish, <3 XP Walker. ^^

[edit again] Haha, so that's how our fine witch found Pete! And that was a cute CS too. Shame Aqua missed Ven and Terra...

On the psp version you could cheat with it. Just put a rubber band or even a coin between the stick and you'll walk indefinitely. You'd go from 5 to 99 in just a few hours of doing other stuff. On the ps3 they put in a mechanic that if you walk in circles too long for no reason, you'll stop automatically.

I actually like how we get to learn how Pete and Malificent met up. It doesn't only show the beginning of Xehanort, the Org members and how SRK got their keyblade, it also shows the smaller sidenotes. which are important on their own

Just come to the walkthrough thread in the forums if you need any additional help.

Also, if you're going to log off and want to dump AP in a hurry, open some of those decorative red chests (or the Blue ones if you're in a real hurry). They're from the current event and some of the reds have AP Pluses inside, pretty helpful for a new player. Some of them have Pretender Heartless in them, but there's a trick to spotting those, so you can avoid them if you're not interested.

I took longer than I needed on the Capcha I believe... Oh well, I'm in the game at the very beginning still. Taking it nice and slow. I'm keeping the translations with it as well because I am interested in what's being said as well. And I believe there were subbed videos of the cutscenes so I'll look into those as well. I'll be looking out for chests then!

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Got Aqua Time Splicer and got Ability Haste and Magic Haste maxed out, along with all the abilities that'll boost damage from her spells.

Going to go after the -ga level spells next then figure out what nasty spells I want to meld for endgame. Triple Fireaga? Triple Blizzaga? Prolly both, and Thundaga Shot. ^^ After all, Aqua's a magic kinda girl so I want to have a good attack for her, but some good magic for her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back