• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra should be the one to kill Xehanort, not Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Is it bad that I just imagined Jiminy showing up like that? Lolz.
And since he's so tiny many opponents simply fail to spot him in time and are doinkt in full surprise. :p

While that may be true, I just remembered another little but certainly not trivial detail from DDD.
During that whole Nightmare sequence in DDD Sora got to feel the pain and sorrow of the others, the scene with Roxas is even called "Roxas' grief" in theater mode and the more Sora learns the more unstable and angry he gets about what was done to them all:
"Not again. Did they cause all this pain?"

In hindsight, the whole of DDD was in some vein a way to get Sora fired up somewhat for opposing Xehanort even more and if I had to take a bet once he gets to talk to Aqua, Ven and possibly Terra in person his resolve will only get stronger.

It shall be the only truth from now on!
If Pluto is our real main villain, then Jiminy certainly is our real main character....
Sora and his friends do have a power Xehanort knows nothing off in the end. It is called....JIMINY CRICKET.

That scene and his anger is one of the main reasons I think Sora has a valid point as well. They're connected to him and he even feels their pain. I am very sure the scene in which Riku and Kairi turn into Aqua and Terra and back again just before leaving Sora behind wasn't really a nice feeling as well and I'm pretty sure he's understood that this pain is also what Ventus partly felt or feels. (Edit: And let's not forget the pain I'm going through right now because I was curious of what Sora says in that scene and Ventus' theme plays. Holy sh- this is so sad.)
But I still think what he experienced there is just a bit of what some of the others went through. And knowing Sora, he's the kind of person to brush it off with "I'm fine. You guys are the ones who suffered. Sorry I couldn't help you earlier."

Samhain

Bronze Member
It is still hilarious how our big hero protagonist, Sora still wasn't even a concern for Xehanort, until the end of DDD. Actually, as a matter of fact he chose Riku over Sora to be the vessel, and even Roxas over Sora. Just lol at Sora.

Master Xehanort said it right:
"Yes...that dull ordinary boy".
To be brutally honest, I don't even think killing Xehanort (or getting rid of him, no matter how you put it) isn't even anything (most of) the characters see as something to wish for, but rather something that needs to be done, really.
I don't know....after Terra beats the living shit out of MX, and MX falls down to one knee gasping, Terra walks up to him with a lot of anger (Terra has such a pissed off look as if he just lost all control), and I think Terra would have tried to kill MX at this point, if it wasn't for the X-Blade forming at the same time.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
It is still hilarious how our big hero protagonist, Sora still wasn't even a concern for Xehanort, until the end of DDD. Actually, as a matter of fact he chose Riku over Sora to be the vessel, and even Roxas over Sora. Just lol at Sora.

Master Xehanort said it right:
"Yes...that dull ordinary boy".

I don't know....after Terra beats the living shit out of MX, and MX falls down to one knee gasping, Terra walks up to him with a lot of anger (Terra has such a pissed off look as if he just lost all control), and I think Terra would have tried to kill MX at this point, if it wasn't for the X-Blade forming at the same time.

most of his anger went to the lingering will. he's probably just look at MX as a sad old man before he fades away or some shit.

Samhain

Bronze Member
PlEGlKd.jpg

Terra looks like he is ready to kill him. Look at his expression. Also he was breathing deeply, and even slightly growling when he is walking up to MX.

I wonder how surprised MX was that Terra beat the living crap out of him, and managed to knock him down on one knee? He probably never experienced that before (maybe).

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Yeah cool but we haven't spent 14 years liking Terra. This is a story that largely follows Sora and his immediate group of friends. Having some B list bore of a character like Terra finish the saga would be insulting and confusing. People talk about how Sora has no reason to want to defeat Xehanort, but he has one. He's got more empathy than almost anyone else in the cast. He wants to do right by them, he can feel their pain. That's a bit more compelling than "DUR U TRICKED ME!!! DIE!!! I'M THE FIGHTING FREAK KNUCKLES UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE"

Muke

whatever
Awards
What'd you guys do if there was another Man behind the Man? Like, you kill MX and then idk Marleficent or a Nort or whatev are like "You may have killed him, but you cannot defeat the darkness" or whatever.

And no I am not for the idea. Just a thought what you guys'd think.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

That is why I put a "most of" in brackets.
Terra seems like the person who'd want revenge in any way. But characters like Sora or Aqua are more the type who just want the suffering to end but don't strive to kill. That doesn't mean they wouldn't if they had to, but I don't see them like
"I WANT TO END IT. HE'S MINE!"...somehow.

No Heart

If he did finish of Xehanort, that would be giving in to the darkness. True, he has lots of grudges with him, but killing him would be going against his late master's beliefs. Personally, I think at the end, Xehanort's past will be explained. It would be interesting if one of the darknesses like Young Xehanort rebelled against him to take him down. After all, when you think about it, you have to wonder why Young Xehanort joined the old one. Was he always evil or did something happen? I think he would change from the old one and become his own person, which has been a KH theme. Maybe he will end Xehanort in a touching scene. This is also why I want Eraqus to come back. He could have a fight with the three disciples and even talk to Young Xehanort, who he knows better. It is a possibility though that it will be an Ansem death cause I really want Young Xehanort to get some good plot focus because this is when he was becoming a keyblade master.

Sorakh212

Awards
Personally I think it should be Sora. I mean he is the key to all of this, pun slightly intended :cool:, and for all we know Terra might not even be on the guardians side just yet so it's honestly still up in the air or anyone's game/guess at this point. As for why i think it should be Sora well he's the main protagonist and has been for most games, he still has a lot to learn and do especially in KH3, and I mean he's pretty much beaten most other bad guys in the past so it makes sense for him to go up against Master Xehanort. The pieces just fall together nicely when I look at things from that angle is all. I can't wait to see how this all plays out though especially with which of the lights will be going up against certain darkness'.

No Heart

Personally I think it should be Sora. I mean he is the key to all of this, pun slightly intended :cool:, and for all we know Terra might not even be on the guardians side just yet so it's honestly still up in the air or anyone's game/guess at this point. As for why i think it should be Sora well he's the main protagonist and has been for most games, he still has a lot to learn and do especially in KH3, and I mean he's pretty much beaten most other bad guys in the past so it makes sense for him to go up against Master Xehanort. The pieces just fall together nicely when I look at things from that angle is all. I can't wait to see how this all plays out though especially with which of the lights will be going up against certain darkness'.

But isn't killing akin to falling to darkness?

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Would everyone be okay with this? Sora beats Xehanort (Sora is particularly tired at this point) but Xehanort still has a little left in his reserve, goes to attack Sora, but Terra comes up and finishes him off, exacting his revenge? Also, what if the final boss turns out to be Young Xehanort? Plotting once he regained his memories of his time travel. We saw he had other plans after the secret Coded movie.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
After all, when you think about it, you have to wonder why Young Xehanort joined the old one. Was he always evil or did something happen?

Xehanort seems to have this "inevitable destiny" idea going on, like most Big Bads. Trollanort probably went along with it because once he realized he was dealing with himself from the future, he believed nothing about it could be changed, so he decided to fulfill his destiny. No sense in fighting it if you truly believe that fate is already written.

Whiiich is probably a philosophy that's being set up just so our band of idealistic and plucky heroes can kick a hole in it.

But isn't killing akin to falling to darkness?
Nah. The simple act of killing alone wouldn't escalate someone's descent into darkness. Now, something like giving in to murderous rage which might lead to killing someone, that's what turns people into Heartless.
Gotta consider the cause, not just the effect.

Even if Xehanort didn't "die" in our usual sense of the word, the protagonists would still probably make it so that he'd never be able to come back and do horrible things ever again, which would achieve the same result in the end: the old goat is defeated for good.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora has technically killed a lot of people and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect on him.

He saw Barbossa get murder in front of his eyes and he didn't even shrug his shoulders.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Not people per say and not directly.
Like that's really that much of a distinction. And I don't know what you mean "not directly". It was pretty direct in most cases. But it's unlikely that the story will ever really get into this kind of stuff, since Sora is the good guy killing the bad guy, odds are they will not address it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back