• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra should be the one to kill Xehanort, not Sora

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I'm thinking of Heartless and Nobodies for my people comment (more humanoids) and by directly I meant like Clayton in the first KH when the Heartless fell and crushed him. I only made this comment because I couldn't think of anybody that was whole he killed. And I'm not counting resurrection like Maleficent who fell to darkness. And no, they probably never will.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Not people per say and not directly.
What measure is a non-human?

I mean, that paper-thin excuse that killing the Org members was okay because they couldn't feel anything got repetitively shot out of the water by KHII, Days, and Re:Coded, then officially disproven with DDD.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
You're right, but how many of them actually had one at the time? One could argue that none of the ones Sora killed did yet, or that they did not have a full one yet. Some of them did disappear pretty Nobody like. Also, what is the definition of a human? My thought is a body, a heart (a full one), and a mind. But I'm just being the Devil's advocate here (I do that a lot so that every base is covered).

Actually, that's a good question. If a Nobody gains a heart (or is at least in the midst of forming one) what happens to the heart they were forming? Is it tossed aside for the original? Or is it just a matter of time before they become wholes again with their new heart? And will the Nobody with a heart (or at least half a one) disappear like a Nobody?

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
You're right, but how many of them actually had one at the time? One could argue none of them did yet, or that they did not have a full one yet. They did disappear pretty Nobody like. But I'm just being the Devil's advocate here.

I mean maybe you can argue if Sora knew the Org had real feeling he wouldn't have been so aggressive but once they got Kairi I think he would have taken no prisoners.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't really know if the game ever really used it as an excuse. Like, I think Sora would have killed them just the same if he knew they did have hearts. When Sora learns they had hearts, he isn't upset that he killed them, he's upset that the Organization lied to them. And all the Disney villains have hearts but Sora didn't really show remorse when he defeated them. They were terrorizing people and had to be stopped. Typically, that's justification enough in a story like this.

I think the only time it really comes up as maybe having affected Sora was in the KH2 ending where he tells Riku that maybe darkness had grown in his heart, too, but that really could have been referencing anything.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
I am unclear on one thing though. What Disney villains has he actually beaten which resulted in them dying? They definitely disappeared into darkness, but then returned in the second game. How did they come back? Just like Maleficent and they used the last of their powers to resurrect? And in that case, did Sora ever really kill them? I mean, he certainly almost did in this scenario.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't think it matters if they came back in the second game or not, because we're talking about Sora's psyche not the plot. Sora, at the time of defeating them, had no idea that it wouldn't be permanent and thus he would have, mentally and emotionally, treated it as if it was permanent. And he shows no real difference because this just isn't that kind of story.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Sorry, I was arguing the point that he may not have killed people (in addition they were all evil (But what is evil? That's a whole other can of worms)) and therefore had no need to feel bad about it.

So my argument I guess is: They weren't people (at least he thought at the time), he never did kill a person directly, they had every intention to do wrong, therefore he did not need to mind it (we are talking about a video game character here (I mean I think I'd feel responsible even if they weren't people and I didn't do it directly).

Last edited:

Samhain

Bronze Member
Yeah cool but we haven't spent 14 years liking Terra. This is a story that largely follows Sora and his immediate group of friends. Having some B list bore of a character like Terra finish the saga would be insulting and confusing. People talk about how Sora has no reason to want to defeat Xehanort, but he has one. He's got more empathy than almost anyone else in the cast. He wants to do right by them, he can feel their pain. That's a bit more compelling than "DUR U TRICKED ME!!! DIE!!! I'M THE FIGHTING FREAK KNUCKLES UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE"

Terra hater confirmed.

Terra just has way more reason to kill Xehanort than Sora. Also Sora is a lousy character. He was great in KH1 and COM, but since KHII he seems extremely boring to me. Terra's a way better character, and so is Aqua. As a matter of fact...the BBS trio are more likable than the original KH trio (besides Riku imo).

Awards
Terra hater confirmed.

Terra just has way more reason to kill Xehanort than Sora. Also Sora is a lousy character. He was great in KH1 and COM, but since KHII he seems extremely boring to me. Terra's a way better character, and so is Aqua. As a matter of fact...the BBS trio are more likable than the original KH trio (besides Riku imo).
So the only reasons you want Terra to finish off Xehanort are that Terra wants revenge and that you like him more than Sora. Okay.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
TBF I thought kh2 Sora sucked chunks.

That's fine by me.
I just find it weird to accuse someone of being a hater and thus ignoring all they said and then hate a different character in a similar, (imo) even worse way.
I liked KH2 Sora, it was more the whole story-setting that was a little off to me. He suffered from that as well, tho.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
That's fine by me.
I just find it weird to accuse someone of being a hater and thus ignoring all they said and then hate a different character in a similar, (imo) even worse way.
I liked KH2 Sora, it was more the whole story-setting that was a little off to me. He suffered from that as well, tho.

Oh yea the hater thing was dumb. It's just I like to mention how much I dis-like KH2 Sora compared to his other versions :/

Samhain

Bronze Member
Oh yea the hater thing was dumb. It's just I like to mention how much I dis-like KH2 Sora compared to his other versions :/

I was obviously joking when I said that, but lol at calling Terra a "B" character.

Keep on hating on me guys. I love it.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I was obviously joking when I said that, but lol at calling Terra a "B" character.

Keep on hating on me guys. I love it.

Sorry to crush your hopes, but its not like we're sitting here all day thinking about how to hate you best.
We just don't (all) agree with your opinions on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back