• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Terra the Keyblade Master?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
My apologies if this has been brought up before. I was just curious about something;
I keep seeing everyone say that Terra is only qualified to be a Keyblade Master, but is not truly one because he was not given the title by another Master. And I was apart of the group that believed this. Until I got through one point in the game.
In Radiant Garden, MX named Terra as a Keyblade Master. Because MX is a Master, doesn't that mean that him giving the title to Terra makes Terra a Master as well? Or does it specifically have to be Terra's own Master.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. ^_^

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Yes, Terra is technically a master. But he didn't necessarily earn the title, because MX was corrupt, he was just trying to get him closer to darkness so he could

steal his body.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think it has to be Terra's own master.
MX was basicly just trying to butter Terra up so he could trust him more. He never really considered him his "student" nor had let him in on the secrets of a Keyblade Master.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I would think it was the latter.

MX isn't Terras master so what gave him the right to grant him any title?

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Yes, Terra is technically a master. But he didn't necessarily earn the title, because MX was corrupt, he was just trying to get him closer to darkness so he could

steal his body.

True, but that doesn't change that a Master named Terra a Master, no matter what the reasons. Unless the reasons really DO matter in these things. xD Which is why I asked, I'm not sure what the exact requirements are for naming a person a Keyblade Master.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The reasones probably vary IMO. The only reasone that ME failed Terra was because he senced too much darkness in his heart but Terra and Aqua are supposed to be more or less at equal stregths.

Aquaman OS

Nomura confirmed that Xehanort was just trying to flatter him and that despite what he says only Eraqus can dub him Master.

He didn't explain why and it honestly makes no sense, since evil or not, until he reveals himself Xehanort is equally ranked with Eraqus and he also accepted Terra as his disciple. So really beyond Terra personally desiring Eraqus's approval it should have been official.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Ah, okay. I didn't know Nomura had confirmed it. xD
And I agree; flattery or not, MX is STILL a Master and should be able to make Terra one officially. But, meh. Word of God says different, I suppose.

Thanks so much, this can probably be closed. =)

Z

Zulkir

Right

Terra=Unofficial Master(has the same mastery over the Keyblade as Aqua, but wasn't named master)

Aqua=Official Master(has the same mastery over the Keyblade as Terra, and was named master)

MX was calling Terra "Master Terra" for flattery.

And I agree; flattery or not, MX is STILL a Master and should be able to make Terra one officially. But, meh. Word of God says different, I suppose.

You take the test by your original master, fail then go to a different master take the same test and they pass you. That's cheating on the test. Your master failed you for a reason. That's like a child asking their father for something the father says no, & then the child turns around and ask their mother. Already knowing that the can have it in the first place.

State

Awards
Officially, Aqua is the Master.
Technically, Aqua and Terra are the Masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back