• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The issues with Kingdom Hearts 3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
To add, Riku and Sora also have different commands. Sora can access to attacks like Ars Arcanum and Sonic Blade which he has had since KH1, and Riku in turn has attacks like Dark Aura and Dark Firaga.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The thing with almost is that it isn't exactly the same...
Maybe I played a different game, but from what I saw, they weren't TOO different. I never said they were completely identical. o0

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The thing with almost is that it isn't exactly the same...
Maybe I played a different game, but from what I saw, they weren't TOO different. I never said they were completely identical. o0

"Where's the sense in having multiple playable characters if their fighting styles are almost the same?"

You're basing your complaint on the fact that they are too similar, which we were saying they aren't at all. They have pretty distinctive differences, ones that don't even make it an "almost similar". One plays like a slightly less clunky KH1 Sora + a few KH2 additions and the other plays like if Aqua and Terra had a baby and that baby ended up being Riku.

And you must keep in mind that they do come from the same island where they learned how to fight together if you are going to provide this as an issue. Of course they will be slightly similar in some ways.

Even CoM!Riku had a slightly similar move set as Sora, but had plenty of moves that made him uniquely Riku.

Stand

Banned
My issues...
-Flowmotion. Abilities like jump and glide should not be worn out by something like that. This also made many bossfights way too easy.
-Worlds. I really liked the Grid...TWTNW was okay as well, but the rest was really boring, sadly.
-Sora. Dayum, he was stupid in this. Not in his funny kind of way, but in a stupid one. I'd say his storyline was completely annoying as well, but there was Vanitas in it, so...I can't really say that.
-The movesets. Where's the sense in having multiple playable characters if their fighting styles are almost the same? I would have been fine with just being able to play Riku, tbh.
-The keyblades. Okay, this is just my taste, but most of them were ugly af. :c

I didn't like the keyblade designs either. They seemed a lot weaker than they used to be too. My other issues was how Xehanort came back old and how it feels kinda written into a corner with the time travel plot. For gameplay I disliked the dream eaters most. They made everything really tedious somehow.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
KH3D came out before the existence of Pokemon Amie so in reality it was Nintendo ripping off KH3D if you want to really say something like that. The better example is Nintendogs. In any case, I found the DEs to be more like demons in SMT who are your direct source of power.
Yeah we have an actual Nomura interview where he says he got the idea from playing Nintendogs. He said he'd always take his virtual dog out for a walk and wish he could get the dogs to attack each other on the walk lol.

Another minor complaint is that the worlds you visit seem lifeless.

Literally a complaint valid for every single KH game except for KH1...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah we have an actual Nomura interview where he says he got the idea from playing Nintendogs. He said he'd always take his virtual dog out for a walk and wish he could get the dogs to attack each other on the walk lol.

Nomura is so evil that it astounds me that he manages to make adorable and innocent characters frequently

Then again, he puts those characters through lots of trauma and drama.

Wilford111

Awards
My bad for saying it's a ripoff of Pokemon Aime, but that still doesn't excuse it imo :/

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My bad for saying it's a ripoff of Pokemon Aime, but that still doesn't excuse it imo :/

That's not a excuse, Pokemon Amie came out a year before 3D, heck while 3D was still in development and we didn't know what Gen 6 would be. So how can it ripoff a concept that came out in 2011/2012 where as X/Y came out in November 2013, how does that work?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

For it being a ripoff of Nintendogs or for the petting mechanic being in the game in the first place?

It was kind of eh (I enjoyed it but I'm a sucker for that stuff), but at least you didn't REALLY need to pet them after unlocking the secret routes and setting them to their best disposition.

Wilford111

Awards
That's not a excuse, Pokemon Amie came out a year before 3D, heck while 3D was still in development and we didn't know what Gen 6 would be. So how can it ripoff a concept that came out in 2011/2012 where as X/Y came out in November 2013, how does that work?

I'm not saying it's a ripoff. I'm saying it doesn't excuse it for bogging down the overall pace of the game.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think it has been agreed by pretty much everybody that Nomura had been watching too much Inception (or Paprika...or both)
Nomura was drunk when he came up with the idea for Coded, so I guess weirder things have happened. Really though, DDD didn't get too wonky with he "dream within a dream" thing, or the fact that this was all taking place in a dream and should've defied what little logic it had to begin with, until the very last world.

And let's be honest, this whole franchise's basic premise sounds like an idea a high person would come up with, so I tend to not judge too harshly on the overall weirdness.

I thought it was too bad that they didn't include at least one Inception "BWAAAA" during the game, but I guess that would've been far too obvious.

Stand

Banned
So alcohol is behind re:coded and to much inception behind DDD? I would believe that with the stories there....

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Actually, from corrected translations of the interview Nomura was not drunk. He merely states that he was at dinner with Tabata when they thought up the idea of making a mobile KH game together. (Of course there was likely beer at this casual after-work dinner but Nomura would likely never actually say it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back