• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

Well what do you know. He's voiced Genie for 2 games. He was also the Mad Doctor in Epic Mickey so I don't like this guy xD

Edit: I REALLY DON'T LIKE THIS GUY
[video=youtube;1MdmTFyqPVk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MdmTFyqPVk[/video]

Scorseselover

Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - What VAs do you want to see return for KH3?

But Homer Simpson is doing such a great job.
Well we could get that guy who played Mork from Mork and Mindy, Adrian from Good Morning Vietnam, John from Dead Poet's Society, Malcolm from Awakenings, Professor Brainard from the Absent Minded Professor remake, Parry from Fisher King, Mrs. Doubtfire, Sean from Good Will Hunting, and Walter from Insomnia

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well we could get that guy who played Mork from Mork and Mindy, Adrian from Good Morning Vietnam, John from Dead Poet's Society, Malcolm from Awakenings, Professor Brainard from the Absent Minded Professor remake, Parry from Fisher King, Mrs. Doubtfire, Sean from Good Will Hunting, and Walter from Insomnia
I realise you listed Robin William's characters, but he's long since departed from Aladdin. His last role as the Genie was in 1998. They've gone past two new people since then.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'd love to see Lance Bass back for ol' Sephy

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Disney seemed to have done a massive overhaul for their voice actors between 2010 and 2011. I went through the list of VA's for Kinect Disneyland Adventures and if they were to be the same people coming into the KH series then:

NEW VOICE ACOTRS
Jim Cummings - Cheshire Cat
Hynden Walch - Alice
April Winchell - Queen of Hearts
Kate Higgins - Aurora (voiced Rhyme - DDD)
Jim Meskimen - Genie
Julie Nathanson - Belle (voiced Chocolina)
Katherine Von Till - Snow White

RETURNING VOICE ACTORS
Jennifer Hale - Cinderella
Jodi Benson - Ariel.
Robby Benson - Beast
Jeff Bennet - Mr. Smee / Mad Hatter / White Rabbit
Bruno Campos - Prince Naveen
Anikia Noni Rose - Princess Tiana
Joan Cussack - Jessie
Linda Larkin - Jasmine
Scott Weinger - Aladdin
Chris Sanders - Stitch

Returning just means either returning from their movies or previous KH game voices.

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

Well, I don't think Beast would be the same without Robby Benson...I'm trying to imagine someone else and its just not coming. Same with Ariel.

Scorseselover

Wait, if Joan Cusak plays Jesse in Disneyland Kinnect and is most likely gonna play her in KH3 if Pixar is added (which is pretty likely) then...TOM HANKS, TIM ALLEN, AND DON RICKLES FOR KH3!!!!!!

Also:
Craig T. Nelson as Mr Incredible
Academy Award Winner Holly Hunter as Mrs. Incredible
Jason Lee as Syndrome
Academy Award Nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone and Nick Fury
Academy Award Nominee John Travolta as Bolt
Miley Cyrus as Penny
Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
Zachary Levi as Flynn
Kristen Bell as Ana
Idina Menzel (Adele Dazheem) as Elsa
Academy Award Nominee Albert Brooks as Marlin
Ellen Degenneres as Dory
Ed Asner as Carl
Academy Award Winner Christopher Plummer as Charles Muntz
John Goodman as Sulley
Billy Crystal as Mike
Steve Buscemi as Randall
Academy Award Nominee Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Chris Evans as Captain America
Academy Award Nominee Mark Ruffallo as Hulk
Scarlet Johanson as Black Widow
Academy Award Nominee Owen Wilson as Lightnig McQueen
Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
Mark Hamill as Luke
Academy Award Nominee Harrison Ford as Han Solo
Carrie Fisher as Leiah
Kelsey Grammer as Stinky Pete
Academy Award Nominee Ned Beaty as Lotso
Patton Oswalt as Remy
Academy Award Nominee John C Reily as Wreck it Ralph
Tom Hiddleston as Loki
Academy Award Winner Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins
Dick van Dyke as Burt
Academy Award Winner Mel Gibson as John Smith

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wait, if Joan Cusak plays Jesse in Disneyland Kinnect and is most likely gonna play her in KH3 if Pixar is added (which is pretty likely) then...TOM HANKS, TIM ALLEN, AND DON RICKLES FOR KH3!!!!!!
It doesn't work like that. They generally get Jim Hanks to voice Woody in roles outside of the official Toy Story movies. Buzz Lightyear is voiced by Stephan Stanton.

Craig T. Nelson as Mr Incredible
Academy Award Winner Holly Hunter as Mrs. Incredible
Likely since they reprised his role for Disney Infinity.

Jason Lee as Syndrome
Again, likely due to reprised role in Disney Infinity.

Academy Award Nominee Samuel L. Jackson as Frozone and Nick Fury
Hasn't voiced Frozone since 2005

Academy Award Nominee John Travolta as Bolt
Unknown but unlikely due to last voice work for Bolt was 2008.

Miley Cyrus as Penny
Very unlikely.

Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
Mandy was in the original Kingdom Hearts but never returned. She's listed as Rapunzel's VA in Disney Infinity, but I don't know whether it was new recordings or archived footage.

Zachary Levi as Flynn
He last voiced Flynn in 2012, but that was for an official Tangled short.

Kristen Bell as Ana
Idina Menzel (Adele Dazheem) as Elsa
Highly possible given how much Disney considers Frozen to be a success, and therefore might be willing to splurge on getting these two back.

Academy Award Nominee Albert Brooks as Marlin
Ellen Degenneres as Dory
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh maybe.

Ed Asner as Carl
Academy Award Winner Christopher Plummer as Charles Muntz
Christopher is more likely since he voiced Charles in Kinect Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure - Snapshot

John Goodman as Sulley
Billy Crystal as Mike
Steve Buscemi as Randall
Carlos Alaraqui voiced Mike in 2013 but Billy Crystal voiced him in 2014. The difference between these two is Carlos did it for Disney Infinity, a spin-off Disney game, and Billy did it for an official Monster's Inc short film.
Same thing with John Goodman and Joel McCrary. Joel did the spin-off Disney game, and John does the official stuff.
And guess what. The same thing happened with Steve Buscemi and J.P. Manoux.
From this, I doubt those three will voice the characters outside of the official Monster's Inc./Monster's University franchise. It'd be nice if they did voice their characters though.

Academy Award Nominee Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Chris Evans as Captain America
Academy Award Nominee Mark Ruffallo as Hulk
Scarlet Johanson as Black Widow
Practically impossible, especially since they all have different voice actors for these characters outside of the Avenger series.

Academy Award Nominee Owen Wilson as Lightnig McQueen
Larry the Cable Guy as Mater
No, just on the basis of please no Cars I can not take it seriously especially during this massive war going on.

Mark Hamill as Luke
Possible since he already voices Master Eraqus, but unlikely to be able to replicate Luke's voice from those older gilms.

Academy Award Nominee Harrison Ford as Han Solo
Carrie Fisher as Leiah
Probably too old to want to bother to voice those characters for a video game.

Kelsey Grammer as Stinky Pete
Voiced by Stephen Stanton

And I can't be bothered with the rest since this has taken me quite a while so far.
You can't really take the fact that one person reprised their role (in 2011 no less) to mean all of those people will be wanting to come back and do it again for a video game. Take Dream Drop Distance for example. That game only had the official voice actors for Ursula, Victor and Hugo (aside from the main Disney characters such as Mickey, Donald and Goofy who are contracted to voice the characters for every appearance).

Last edited:

ChibiHearts249

Awards

@Chaser: You mean Mark Hamill as Master Eraqus. Almost gave me a heart attack, there!
You sure do know what you're talkin bout, though!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

@Chaser: You mean Mark Hamill as Master Eraqus. Almost gave me a heart attack, there!
Whoooops I slipped up aha.
Thanks for catching that :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

There's supposedly an interview where Zachary Levi admits he was excited to be in a Disney film because it'd give him a chance to be in KH, but no one has been able to track it down.

He's also a huge gaming nerd, but as usual, it doesn't mean anything if Disney/SE decides not to approach him.

Scorseselover

It doesn't work like that. They generally get Jim Hanks to voice Woody in roles outside of the official Toy Story movies. Buzz Lightyear is voiced by Stephan Stanton.

Likely since they reprised his role for Disney Infinity.

Again, likely due to reprised role in Disney Infinity.

Hasn't voiced Frozone since 2005

Unknown but unlikely due to last voice work for Bolt was 2008.

Very unlikely.

Mandy was in the original Kingdom Hearts but never returned. She's listed as Rapunzel's VA in Disney Infinity, but I don't know whether it was new recordings or archived footage.

He last voiced Flynn in 2012, but that was for an official Tangled short.

Highly possible given how much Disney considers Frozen to be a success, and therefore might be willing to splurge on getting these two back.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh maybe.

Christopher is more likely since he voiced Charles in Kinect Rush: A Disney Pixar Adventure - Snapshot

Carlos Alaraqui voiced Mike in 2013 but Billy Crystal voiced him in 2014. The difference between these two is Carlos did it for Disney Infinity, a spin-off Disney game, and Billy did it for an official Monster's Inc short film.
Same thing with John Goodman and Joel McCrary. Joel did the spin-off Disney game, and John does the official stuff.
And guess what. The same thing happened with Steve Buscemi and J.P. Manoux.
From this, I doubt those three will voice the characters outside of the official Monster's Inc./Monster's University franchise. It'd be nice if they did voice their characters though.

Practically impossible, especially since they all have different voice actors for these characters outside of the Avenger series.

No, just on the basis of please no Cars I can not take it seriously especially during this massive war going on.

Possible since he already voices Master Eraqus, but unlikely to be able to replicate Luke's voice from those older gilms.

Probably too old to want to bother to voice those characters for a video game.

Voiced by Stephen Stanton

And I can't be bothered with the rest since this has taken me quite a while so far.
You can't really take the fact that one person reprised their role (in 2011 no less) to mean all of those people will be wanting to come back and do it again for a video game. Take Dream Drop Distance for example. That game only had the official voice actors for Ursula, Victor and Hugo (aside from the main Disney characters such as Mickey, Donald and Goofy who are contracted to voice the characters for every appearance).
Did you call Holly Hunter a "he"? Lol

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

There's supposedly an interview where Zachary Levi admits he was excited to be in a Disney film because it'd give him a chance to be in KH, but no one has been able to track it down.

He's also a huge gaming nerd, but as usual, it doesn't mean anything if Disney/SE decides not to approach him.

This guy is one of my favorite actors and role models. And you're right, he's a huge gaming nerd (he's at Comic-con doing his own NERD HQ panel) and loves Disney. Hopefully SE gives him an opportunity to be in the game, that'd just be so awesome.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Did you call Holly Hunter a "he"? Lol
I had that line written down just for Mr Incredible before I merged the two and forgot to change that gender pronoun but if that's all you took away for that then I'm sorry I wasted my time.

ChibiHearts249

Awards

I had that line written down just for Mr Incredible before I merged the two and forgot to change that gender pronoun but if that's all you took away for that then I'm sorry I wasted my time.
Haha, we're just here to mess with ya, Chaser! ;3

But seriously: If we're going to Mt. Olympus in KH3...James Woods and Rip Torn. I dunno about you guys, but I'd love to meet Zeus! :D
Not really sure why, though...

Scorseselover

Hell yeah! James Woods is one of my favorite actors, he just loves playing Hades doesn't he? He plays him in EVERYTHING! Even in small roles in House of Mouse. That's pretty rare for a big name actor like him to play a character in everything

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Ah, I was gonna point this out when I was reading Chaser's post as well :p

Speaking of, those are definitely new lines Mandy recorded for Rapunzel in Disney Infinity, so she is at least open to reprising her role in games. Still doesn't mean she is guaranteed to do the voice for Kingdom Hearts or anything though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I wish we had a clearer idea of how they go about contacting actors to reprise their roles for Kingdom Hearts. Do they try to get in touch with the originals before trying to find a sound-alike, or do they immediately go for who they could get realistically with their budget and not bother?

Back