• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Walt Disney Company to Acquire 21st Century Fox, Inc.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The Walt Disney Company and 21st Century Fox, Inc. announced this Thursday morning that they are entering an agreement for Disney to acquire 21st Century Fox, including the Twentieth Century Fox Film and Television studios, along with cable and international TV businesses, for approximately $52.4 billion in stock.

At the request of both 21st Century Fox and the Disney Board of Directors, Bob Iger has agreed to continue as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company through the end of calendar year 2021.

This announcement comes after weeks of rumors that the mass media and entertainment conglomerate was in the running against Comcast to buyout 21st Century Fox's entertainment properties outside of their news and business networks. On December 11, it was announced that Comcast had dropped its bid for 21st Century Fox.

Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network will separate from 21st Century Fox into a newly listed company that will be spun off to its shareholders under the ownership of the Murdoch family.

21st Century Fox is home to James Cameron's Avatar franchise, Marvel's X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool franchises, along with highly-acclaimed films such as The Grand Budapest Hotel, Hidden Figures, Gone Girl, The Shape of Water, and The Martian. This agreement provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MenFantastic Four and Deadpool with Marvel and create more creative and interwoven stories that will entertain audiences worldwide.

21st Century Fox is also home to television shows like The Americans, This Is Us, Modern Family, The Simpsons, Empire, Gotham and other massively popular series.

Disney will also acquire FX Networks, National Geographic Partners, Fox Sports Regional Networks, Fox Networks Group International, Star India and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Sky plc, Tata Sky and Endemol Shine Group.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Get your jokes about Anastasia becoming a Disney Princess out now because there is only so much of it I can handle in a day.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
this is intresing for me i would love to see a reboot of the percy jackson series franchiese since disney has the rights now for the flims then maybe in the futre have percy jackson world be in a kh game

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Get real folks, I can't wait till Deadpool becomes a Disney Princess

we are talking about Deadpool right

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Disney upon its ever growing empire.

tumblr_ndypk4PcjM1s6w6foo1_500.gif

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Holy crap, we could actually get a Wolverine summon.

All jokes aside, I don't see this impacting KH3 that much. It's probably way too late for any FOX property to make the cut

Recon

Art of War
Awards
X-men/Deadpool cameo in Avengers 2019

I feel bad for the sports channels...

ImVentus

Awards
Don't forget Blue Sky Studios.
blue_sky_logo_16x9_format__130519190624.jpeg

All of those who thought Ice Age was Disney can now at least settle with Blue Sky Studios being owned by Fox now owned by Disney. The studio has evolved fantastic with it's animation and visuals. All it needs is a push in the right direction for better writing in it's films.

They feature
Robots
Rio
Epic
The Peanuts Movie
Horton and more

Someday in the future there might be a open door for a Ice Age in KH, nothings impossible you know!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
X-men/Deadpool cameo in Avengers 2019

I feel bad for the sports channels...

Disney isn't acquiring their two major sports channels, FS1 and FS2. They are acquiring (I believe) 22 regional channels, but those weren't where Fox Network was getting the majority of their views anyways.

Keke

The Simpsons still has zero chance for Kingdom Hearts 4 r-r-ight?

Back