• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU Crossover ~ Tribute Album Releasing 6/19!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because KH and the original characters associated with it are owned by Disney, to put them in a TWEWY game (even as a small cameo) they'd have to have Disney okay that, right? I kinda fear that Disney would say no to that because of the TWEWY games being more mature than KH. It'd be really disappointing for TWEWY2 to happen, then in some interview after release we see Nomura going, "Originally we wanted a KH cameo, but we weren't allowed."

Ugh, just talking about this makes me really sad because we don't even know if we'll ever see a TWEWY sequel. Obviously Square is caring (somewhat) about the series because of Solo and Live, but the lack of any knowledge of what they plan to do is disheartening. Hopefully something is in the works and they're just waiting to announce it so that we aren't sitting around for a couple years waiting for the release, like with most of SE's games.

SE probably has much rights to the characters as Disney does, and even if Disney would have to approve something like that it probably isn't all that hard to fax something to whoever deals with Kingdom Hearts at Disney and get an approval.

Honestly waiting might end up being a good thing. I'd rather an announcement later on and near completion/completed than an announcement now and not even ready to come out.

So if they are making a new album
is their a fature for TWENY is a sequel in developments or coneption
I thought it was just arefreshed title, and then they didnt confirm if that girl was a new chracter or not

It's what Sign said. They hired a new vocal artist for a "secret project" using TWEWY as the basis of their audition, are doing a lot of sudden TWEWY related things like the GREE game "Live Remix", the iOS port "Solo Remix", introducing Coco, TWEWY concerts, the additional secret bit in Solo Remix. You be the judge. c:

I so want TWEWY sequel!! I so want to learn more about those characters and everything else.

Continue hoping!

I don't suppose you remember the TWEWY audition they held last year to find an inspiring artist to work with Takeharu Ishimoto on his new secret project? That should be enough of a giveaway.

Not to mention the entire audition was very TWEWY focused, and then the soundcloud Ishimoto opened is nothing but TWEWY songs with a splattering of new stuff with a definite TWEWY vibe.

GentlemanGamer

This is just me throwing a random theory out there, but the timing of this album's release could be implying something. I mean, think about it:

1- E3 is going on yet again this year June 11-13.
2- Along with other major developers, Square Enix will also be there with their own fair share of announcements
3- 3 days later after said announcement, a TWEWY album appears

Considering these facts, I'm willing to guess that an announced sequel will show it's face at the conference. If so, then it makes sense to release a TWEWY album a few days later (probably be on iTunes in NA I'm willing to bet, as well as widely available throughout Japan) while the hype for a future game is sky-high. Plus, there's just enough space between the 11-13 and the 16th for potential hype to build as more and more people tune into E3 after the fact to find about what's been announced.

Now by all means, this is not a certainty; Square Enix HAS let us down before, and I could be reading into it much. Perhaps this IS just some random release date. However, as the release of TWEWY: Solo Remix - the first major development (cameos aside) in TWEWY for years- was closely followed by the Crossover OST, then perhaps this is the case. Anyways, just my two-cents on the matter; feel free to take it or leave it.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
While I definitely think TWEWY 2 will happen eventually, I can't see it being announced at E3 this year. Though with Solo Remix they definitely did revitalize interest in the series which is always good (plus the inclusion in DDD was another big helper), I can't see the announcment really being hinted at because of a soundtrack. IDK why, I just feel like they might have dropped more hints to it if they plan on announcing it in June. Perhaps they will, but I'm honestly torn because there are too many good games coming out soon, if TWEWY 2 came out, I'd have to put a bunch on hold o_O

GentlemanGamer

While I definitely think TWEWY 2 will happen eventually, I can't see it being announced at E3 this year. Though with Solo Remix they definitely did revitalize interest in the series which is always good (plus the inclusion in DDD was another big helper), I can't see the announcment really being hinted at because of a soundtrack. IDK why, I just feel like they might have dropped more hints to it if they plan on announcing it in June. Perhaps they will, but I'm honestly torn because there are too many good games coming out soon, if TWEWY 2 came out, I'd have to put a bunch on hold o_O

Fair point. All the same, I'll remain cautiously about a potential release; finding a correlation between TWEWY 2 and a TWEWY album is, I'll admit, a bit of a stretch at best, but even the possibility of a sequel being announced gives me something to look forward to at E3 :) And besides, at least we'll still have sweet new tunes however this turns out :)

Oh, and on a side note, I'm HOPING that Live Remix will somehow make its way over here, but would I be correct in assuming that is unlikely to be the case?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Oh, and on a side note, I'm HOPING that Live Remix will somehow make its way over here, but would I be correct in assuming that is unlikely to be the case?

I would also be cautious about Live Remix coming over but I wouldn't count it out. I mean, Solo remix introduce people who have phones to the story of TWEWY and Live Remix is a social game, which are quite popular nowadays. However, I don't know how well Solo Remix did in sales to determine if SE would even consider it. They do a lot of social games in Japan that never come over here (KH Mobile is a good one).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I would also be cautious about Live Remix coming over but I wouldn't count it out. I mean, Solo remix introduce people who have phones to the story of TWEWY and Live Remix is a social game, which are quite popular nowadays. However, I don't know how well Solo Remix did in sales to determine if SE would even consider it. They do a lot of social games in Japan that never come over here (KH Mobile is a good one).

Live Remix is F2P. No sales. Profit is generated by the amount of users who use it and how often. I think it is fairly successful considering there hasn't been anything that has said otherwise. It clearly hasn't broken 1 million users, though. We would have heard about that.

We got Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade so we could easily get this if SE feels it is worth it.

Last edited:

GentlemanGamer

Solo Remix is F2P. No sales. Profit is generated by the amount of users who use it and how often. I think it is fairly successful considering there hasn't been anything that has said otherwise. It clearly hasn't broken 1 million users, though. We would have heard about that.

We got Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade so we could easily get this if SE feels it is worth it.

Huh... that's interesting; I didn't know that about F2P. Well, you learn something new everyday.

But back on topic however, you have pretty much confirmed what I already had thought; namely, that there's no telling what will happen with TWEWY Live Remix in the future. *sighs* Ah well, I appreciate your reply anyway; thank you. :)

In any case, at least the fact that this album is coming out means that, though we are lacking both LR and a proper sequel, the franchise still has potential as far as SE is concerned. If they thought otherwise, they wouldn't be bothering to release another series album.... probably. I can't claim to know or even be able to guess all the internal logic that goes on within big name companies, so I could be mistaken. :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thank god. So tired of listening to them, no matter how good.

Hopefully this is a sign of what's to come (announcement soon plox!)

Last edited:

GentlemanGamer

Thank god. So tired of listening to them, no matter how good.

Hopefully this is a sign of what's to come (announcement soon plox!)

I second this :) I mean, I love TWEWY's music and I have no doubt that I'll enjoy this upcoming album, but 4 albums just for covering and remixing the music from one game feels a bit like overkill. :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I love Takeharu Ishimoto and his music (I swear I listen to the Type-0, TWEWY, CC, BC, and Dissidia OSTs everyday) but we all need a break. New songs for a new game please

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
New song has been added to the website! "March On" Karaoke~ (Somehow it makes me nostalgic of TWEWY and Type-0 and I didn't even know that was possible)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If it's reminiscent of Type-0, it's got to be worth a listen!

Why am I at work right now? ;A;

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
it feel like the inclusion of Tweny in 3d was just a chance to put back some shine on the game to fans and newbies so they could better sell there remake and soundtracks.....
whas the news on the possible sequel

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
it feel like the inclusion of Tweny in 3d was just a chance to put back some shine on the game to fans and newbies so they could better sell there remake and soundtracks.....
whas the news on the possible sequel

There has been none. The most we get is from Ishimoto teasing inside the recording studio and posting about rather suspicious topics on his blog.

He's been talking about specific bilingual artists lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back