• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Thing's Aren't So Beautiful Now (PG-13)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Nice update! Poor Amy-san though! ;-;

I guess it was a good thing she did so or else it could of been possible that he'd end up killing himself from the drop... Or sever(Sp?) his spine...@_@

Truthly, I'd feel very awkward if I saw someone randomly singing in someone's... Window, apartment... Specially if it was me, Kanynt had a lot of guts! =^_^=

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
^What about Amy? That'd be a horrible way to die. ._. Death by Falling Kanynts. >=D

Anyway, Gerd, j00 know it twas funnuh. >.> Dun't pretend it wasn't.

D:<

SILLY TEH CHANKLER! =3

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
:D Finally caught up!

Noe hasn't been on recently, but I wanted to read this...Apparently I like to talk in third person too. o.o Anyhow, the past....7 updarts have been -looks up fancy word-...beguiling! Truly loved the band scene, plus I've had the song by The Red Jump Suit Apparatus in my head for the past week. =D

Poor Amy, breaking your collarbone hurts from what I've been told. 'Least there seems to be blooming hope for Kanynt and Penelope. -kicks Alex- Penelope should have him neutered. >.>

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
._.

I don't think emo kids... CAN be neutered... Huh.

Anyway, I'll kick him if j00 want. o: But in teh shins.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Time to updart.

Chapter Nineteen

~Consequences, And Their Actions~

My head ached from the fall. I rubbed it gently as I flipped it back into place. I lifted the blanket off of my body and stood up and stretched. Dad and Doc had gotten back to their conversation about exploding drinks and candies. I took another glance at Penelope. She cut her hair short, but still enough to cover her face, or at least her eye. I wanted to press my lips against her cheeks, but if she's in this state of slumber, I couldn't. I put my foot down on the floor, but I missed the sleeping figure at the foot of the bed. It seemed I placed my foot on Asuka's face. She turned over and went back to sleep. Next to her, Mom was asleep too. I watched my step as I walked around the apartment.

I took off my jacket and threw it back on the couch. It was too hot of a morning to be wearing a jacket. It landed close to Penelope, but not too close. Just about right. I guess. I mean... If you were to take a measurement scale from too close and not close enough, it would be in the middle. Like... Smack dab in the middle. Yeah... Amy's door was open and I felt that I owed her an apology and a thank you. She was sitting up on her bed writing into a small notebook. She had a sling on her left arm and the sling held a cast. I really did break it. I was overcome by the guilt. "Mornin, Kanny," she said smiling.

It was amazing how she could smile. I mean, without yelling at me. She was quiet as she erased and continued writing. She closed her notebook and took a deep breath. "Can you put this on my desk please?" she asked. I noticed she didn't take off her ponytails. I guess it looked good on her. I liked it. I complied with her request and sat on her bed.

"Why'd you try and save me?"

"Because. You're an idiot," she laughed.

"...Did it hurt?"

"Not really. I mean, I just had you land on top of me and crush my arm, but that's pretty much it. Why?"

"I'm sorry," I said. We were quiet. "Did anyone sign your cast yet?"

"Well, not yet. You wanna be the first to sign?"

"Yes, please," I smiled. She tried reaching to her bedside drawer, but she couldn't reach it. "Y'need help?"

"I can do it. It's fine," she said as she laid on her stomach and crawled closer to the drawer. She opened it and grabbed an assortment of markers held together with a keychain ring. "What color?"

"Take a guess," I said with a chuckle.

"I thought so," she said rolling her eyes as she sat back up and covered herself with her blanket. I grabbed the black marker and slowly wrote my name on her cast. I did a little squigly line under my name because I always thought it was fancy looking. "Thanks, Kanynt," she said closing the marker. I watched as she placed the ring in her teeth and tried hooking the marker back on. I really didn't want to laugh, but when she drew a small marker moustache on her face in neon green, I couldn't help it. I kept it quiet though. Didn't want to wake anyone else up. She hit me upside the head with her collection of miniature markers. I took it upon myself to put her stuff back, so I did.

"You want breakfast?" I asked.

"Fetch me two slices of toast. And a goblet of something cool and refreshing," she said lowering her voice and sounding like some kind of official. "Orange juice will be nice," she smiled as she quickly reverted to her normal tone. I stepped out of the room and closed the door. "BRING ME AN APPLE TOO, PLEASE!" she yelled. I rolled my eyes as I entered the kitchen and saw Rikku slowly slumped over the table as Dad and Dr. Pliskin were conversing.

"Didja hear that Rikku!? We can make a volcano with vinegar and baking soda!" Dad said with a gleeful look on his face. Rikku nodded and smiled with her eyes half open.

"He's not really an idiot, is he?" the doc whispered to Rikku as Dad wrote down the ingredients to the volcano.

"Sometimes, I really don't know," she whispered. Dad showed Rikku the picture of the volcano he drew along with stick figures of them standing on a cloud. Rikku blushed and kept the picture to herself. Dad was all smiles. I began toasting the toast with the toaster and pouring the orange juice.

"You know, Gerard. What are you interests? I haven't got to know you very well, as of yet,"

"Well, I like... I like Rikku" he said with a big smile. "Music.... My kids... Blitzball...ramen........" he said suddenly growing quiet. The toaster broke the silence. I slowly picked it up and slid it on a plate. I grabbed an apple and I began to slice it into pieces as Dad picked up the conversation. "I'm also writing some stuff..."

"Like what?"

"Well, this'll sound kinda silly, but here it goes. Y'see, a boy,"

"Ketso," Rikku cut in.

"Ketso," Dad corrected himself, "gets sent to another planet by the request of an intergalactic mercenary,"

"Asuka,"

"Asuka. Anyway, in a young man's life, it's only natural to find someway to prove that he is a mature and that he has finally progressed farther than the paternal unit-"

"Ketso wants to prove himself to Gerard,"

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, he goes there and meets a girl,"

"I'm not even going to say anything, this time," Rikku said shaking her head and put her fingers on her forehead.

"But the problem is that he has a girl back home,"

"So basically... He's going to find himself in a situation where his heart and body are tested through many trials in which he will mature and slowly realize that growing up is not as easy as it looks?" the doc cut in. Smart man, that doc. Smart man. I finished cutting the apples and I slid them on the plate. I washed my hands and brought them into Amy's room. We shared the apples as we talked about how last night went and such. A knock came at the door and I looked over to see Penelope peeping her head through.

"Kanynt..." she said softly. "Can we talk?"

"Anything... Penelope," I said.

-End Chapter-

Krazy

Jabberwocky
... I hate rings of Sharpies. >.>; They're stupid. YOU ONLY NEED ONE COLOR! NOT EIGHTEEN BILLION.

-kills the PP reference- <.<;;

It was an ... interesting update. And yes. Gerard is an idiot. :D

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
=D Nice update, Gerd. I'm amazed that Amy can still be so positive even after breaking her arm. o.o Never did try that volcano thing, but people at school use it all the time for science fairs. -.- Looking forward to the next update. =3

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
Well, if Ketso is a whole galaxy away, then he shouldn't worry about Krazy! I'll take good care of her!

=D

Anyways, you need to updart. Like, now dude. What will happen in the next installment of TASBN?? How many bases will be traversed?? What will Gerd learn next?? =OO

ALL IN THE NEXT EPISODE!

*CHAPTER!

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Well, if Ketso is a whole galaxy away, then he shouldn't worry about Krazy! I'll take good care of her!

=D

"dun wry bou tteh luf of ur lif,ill jsut sukc hr faec of til u git bac k.lololololol."

D:< You were just now an insensitive jerk. Ketso's love for Krazy has NEVER faltered, and then you steal her and try to make jokes about it. >_> How does he feel? You should know, he just READ that post, and now he's in his room. Not baking. >_> Thanks a lot, Silver.

You lose mega bonus points for that one.

>_> He gets back to Krazy, having never even CONSIDERED (much to C_U's dismay) cheating on her, and he'll have to deal with you two being together and not him. And you're making jokes.

>_>

Anyway, good update, Gerard. x3 Teh sharpies do stink, though. D:

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
Pickle, you know that's not what I meant. You act like I'm doing this to spite Ketso. I already told you I'm willing to step aside so he can have Krazy back, if that's what makes him happy. What else would you like me to do? Stop joking around? Fine. Sorry for being so callous and insensitive, I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut in the presence of Ketso, for his sake. >.>

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
>.> j00 don't heb to be like THAT. >.> j00're still a precious wickle KY, and j00ur luff for Krazuh ish kyute. >=(

Still. >:| Mayhaps I overreacted, but it twasn't teh most sensitive of comments.

Anyway, he's not mad. =/ Or sad. ._. He's in a state of "well-this-kinda-stinks" right now. \=

We're both just on edge. >.>;

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Chapter Twenty

~My Actions Hidden In Messages~

I followed Penelope out the balcony and up the stairs to the roof. I stepped carefully on the floor, trying not to step on Mom or Asuka. She ran up the stairs and I slowly followed after her. At the top of the stairs I saw Penelope take a knee and slowly bend over. I ran to her side and she motioned for me to silence. She held her hand closed and fell backwards, and I did the same. She carefully opened her cupped hands and revealed to me a butterfly. It flapped it's wings slowly, as if it were displaying them as its treasure. The orange and black patterns had intrigued me. I moved in a little closer, but the butterfly had flown away. "Does that trick work on other things too?" I asked.

"Nah. I've practiced catching butterflies for a while. That's it,"

"Hmph. So..."

"Last night... I didn't go to the formal,"

"I thought so, seeing as to how I didn't see you there... What happened?"

"I'm sure you've met Alex,"

"Yeah," I said biting my tongue. She probably already knew he was cheating, but... Maybe she didn't? Either way, having her bring up what happened would be the best idea.

"After school yesterday, I caught him with some other girl," she said unflinching. I thought whenever girls got to a touchy subject like that, they'd start crying or something. I also thought you could swing skirts all the way around and have it be the same thing from every angle. Then I learned they had zippers. "So... There went my date for the formal. From what Shinobu told me, I heard you played yesterday?"

"Yeah. I really wish you were there to see it,"

"I know. She told me that too," she laughed. "I was too busy pitying myself,"

"It doesn't sound like you were unhappy about it,"

"I guess not. But yeah. Last night, I was bawling. That is... Until you came. I couldn't get to sleep. I was just too angry with Alex and myself. I just laid in bed, staring at the ceiling when I heard someone climbing up the balcony. My first idea was to go ahead and throw something, but I caught a glance of your face, so... I was more confused than angry. When you slid open the window, I got a little scared, but your words kinda calmed me down. I just, waited. And when you started playing I stopped being so self-centered and I..."

"Well, I didn't really... I just-" I stopped thered. Her lips were in the way. As our tongues met, I felt awkward. I had no idea what I was doing. I just waited, but for some reason, it felt like she was waiting too. She stopped and looked at me with a smile.

"Your first?"

"...Y-yes..." I said shamefully.

"Mine too..." she said blushing. We faced opposite directions in the awkward silence. I shivered as the wind lashed out at the both of us. "Why'd you play for me last night?"

"... The reason I went to play at the formal was because I thought you'd be there,"

"No, I meant in my room. Why?"

"I didn't lie about anything I said last night... So... Yeah,"

"I'm really glad to hear it," she said turning towards me. I turned around and wrapped my arms around her. She kissed me on the cheek once more and we just sat there quietly. It wasn't long before someone discovered where we were. At least it was Amy. She was still in her pajama's and she called for Penelope. When Amy told us that Dr. Pliskin was planning to go home soon, Penelope understood. We sat up and she ran back inside. Amy teased me about what was happening.

"Y'know, you looked like an idiot," Amy joked.

"Probably,"

"...That's it?"

"What else is there to say?"

"Huh..." she said. I laughed. It immediately warmed up as we went inside, where I gave Dr. Pliskin my regards as he left, and Penelope... Another kiss. Sanae was too busy covering Mom and Asuka's faces with whipped cream, Shinobu still asleep, Auntie Rikku in the shower, and Dad was throwing cherries at the mountain of whipped cream. Ketso woke up in a daze with hair all over his face. He walked outside and slumped over the kitchen table. I leaned in the hallway and watched as he shook.

"What's wrong?"

"Megan..." He said. I forgot about the whole SilverxKrazy thing. At least Sanae was quiet about it. I just laughed.

"Cheer up, emo kid."

-End Chapter-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back