• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Those Who Fight (Final Fantasy based Fanfic)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.
Ch 10
Call to Duty

"Hai?" Laz asked on the other line.

"Laz! It's Ren-"

"Ren, where the hell are you!?" Laz shouted, "You were supposed to be here-"

"Laz, I got ambushed!" Ren interrupted. Laz stopped shouting.

"By....who?" Laz said slowly.

"I don't know, they just came randomly, shooting at me, and I had to fight back, but they just stopped-"

"Woah, slow down," Laz said. Ren took a deep breath.

"Ok....I'm nearing the camp," She said.

"Alright, see you in a few," Laz said. Ren sighed.

"Yeah...see you."

Laz hung up.

----

As Ren sped through the small highway, her mind was blank. Suddenly, she heard Zack's.

"Army? For a girl?"

------

"What do you mean you want to enlist in the army?" Aerith asked, worriedly.

Ren was twelve, her wavy blonde hair reaching her shoulders. She sat in one of the old benches of the church, Zack behind her and Aerith beside her.

"Just that. Look," Ren looked at Zack and Aerith, "I have a feeling that if Jette wins, we can gain Kubai's secret to destroying geostygma itself."

"So this is about geostygma? Aishii, you could get killed!" Aerith's eyes filled with dissapointment. Ren turned away, not able to look at Aerith's dissaproving look.

"Aerith, geostygma will kill me faster than on the battlefield...." Ren answered.

"Aish, you can't even wield a weapon, let alone use it," Zack said. Ren looked at him.

"You can teach me, can't you?" She challenged. Zack scratched his head.

"Well...."

"Oh come on, Zack, you were a soldier!" Ren stood. Aerith shook her head.

"I know I can pull this off. I can try. And if they find out....well...I'll run." Ren announced. Zack sighed. Aerith stayed silent.

"One problem," Zack broke the silence, "You look like, and are, a girl. How are you going to fix that?"

Ren pouted. She had forgotten that minor detail.

"Well....she could change her name," Aerith said quietly. Ren looked at her, puzzled she was going along with this.

"To what?" Ren asked, taking interest. Aeirth and Zack thought for a while.

"How about....Ren?" She said quietly. Ren smiled.

"I like that," Ren said.

"Ren has a ring to it," Zack replied, rubbing his chin. Ren smiled.

"Alright, I'll be Ren now-"

"But what about your look?" Aerith asked, worried. Ren sighed, her hair falling into her face. She smiled.

"I'll cut my hair." Ren said, pulling the strawberry hair together. Zack smiled.

"Yeah! And we could make your face dirty so you can lose that girly appearance-"

"Hey!" Ren remarked. Aerith laughed lightly. Zack chuckled.

"Ok, maybe you're on the right track," Ren replied, blushing.

-----

"Hm," Ren smiled a bit, her helmet covering her entire face. The wind drowned the rest of her thoughts out.

Ren neared the campsite, eyeing the red flag flying above the main watch tower. She slowed down as she spotted Laz standing at the front of the camp, waiting for her expectantly. He had a sour look on his face.

Ren sighed and pulled to a stop.

"Ok, you've got a lot of explaining to do," Laz said.

Bellaisima358

Ch 11
Confessions

"Laz, I can explain-"

"Headquarters. Now." He ordered, turning briskly. Ren sighed and followed him.

They passed the soldiers' grey and red tents, and the men stopped what they were doing to watch.

"Hey, it Ren," They would say, "Is he in trouble?" "Serves him right for leaving us so much," "What's with that damn helmet?"

"Oh, shut up and get back to work!" Laz said to the men. They all shifted uncomfortably, going back to their business. Ok, now Laz was really pissed.

"In," He said, coming to the largest tent. He held the cloth open for her, and she walked in. Laz followed behind.

They were alone.

----

"Alright," He said, standing behind a wooden table. Ren crossed her arms expectantly.

"Look, Laz" Ren stopped as Laz put his hand up.

"Ren, you are one of my finest men," Ren flinched at he said that, "But lately, you've been lagging in your performance. You're always late, or missing duty, or just plain not here." Ren shifted uncomfortably. "Ren, I wanna know what's going on."

Ren bit her lip. Should she tell him?

------

(Ok, Im going to do something here. You all get to choose wether or not Ren should tell Laz what's going on (that's she's a girl, basically).

Well, go on and vote. Tell or lie?)

A

Azrael

Ch 11
Confessions

"Laz, I can explain-"

"Headquarters. Now." He ordered, turning briskly. Ren sighed and followed him.

They passed the soldiers' grey and red tents, and the men stopped what they were doing to watch.

"Hey, it Ren," They would say, "Is he in trouble?" "Serves him right for leaving us so much," "What's with that damn helmet?"

"Oh, shut up and get back to work!" Laz said to the men. They all shifted uncomfortably, going back to their business. Ok, now Laz was really pissed.

"In," He said, coming to the largest tent. He held the cloth open for her, and she walked in. Laz followed behind.

They were alone.

----

"Alright," He said, standing behind a wooden table. Ren crossed her arms expectantly.

"Look, Laz" Ren stopped as Laz put his hand up.

"Ren, you are one of my finest men," Ren flinched at he said that, "But lately, you've been lagging in your performance. You're always late, or missing duty, or just plain not here." Ren shifted uncomfortably. "Ren, I wanna know what's going on."

Ren bit her lip. Should she tell him?

------

(Ok, Im going to do something here. You all get to choose wether or not Ren should tell Laz what's going on (that's she's a girl, basically).

Well, go on and vote. Tell or lie?)

I say that she better lie bro.

Can't have her telling him that she's a bitch? Nice chapter.

Bellaisima358

Ch 11
Watch

"Ren, I wanna know what's going on," Laz waited.

"Uh....I-" Ren didn't know what to say. Should she lie?

Lie, An ominous voice commanded in her head. Ren blinked. Who was that?

Lie to him, Aishii. Nobody called her Aishii anymore....except....that voice-

------

"Your parents were worth nothing," A man with long silver hair said, crouching down in front of the little girl with strawberry blonde hair, clutching her head, "Which is why your father injected the geostygma into you."

"He....didn't....do that!" The little girl screamed, holding her head tight. The man laughed.

"You're like me, Aishii," The man said, wiping the black blood off her forehead, "We have geostygma."

------

"Well?" Laz broke Ren's concentration. She blinked.

"I-er-I've been acting wierd-cuz...I have a...girlfriend," She stuttered akwardly. She wanted to smack her head in embarrasment. A girlfriend? Is that all she could come up with?

"So...this is about a girl, now is it?" He pryed slyly. Ren looked at him, trying to access if he was smiling or gagging.

"Um...yeah?" She replied uncertainly. Ren chuckled.

"Well, it's about time now, man," He said, scoffing, "I was starting to think you were gay!"

Ren winced. Disgusting....

"Ren," Laz said, smacking her on the back, "all I gotta say is you gotta control your emotions. Balance them with the war." He looked at her, grinning.

"So what's her name, Ren?"

Ren stiffened. Oh sh-What do I say?

"Um-her name, well, its, her name! I mean-" Ren struggled for an answer. Then, without thinking, she spit out, " Her name is Aishii!" She wanted to smack herself again.

"Aishii? That's a pretty name..." He trailed off, then gained his composure, clearing his throat. "Either way Ren, you have to step it up on the responsibility. I don't wanna have to kick you out."

Ren nodded, a drop of sweat falling down her cheek. Ren liked the idea that Laz couldn't see the real Aishii, the liar, behind the big, dark helmet.

"Well, go," He said, signalling away, "You have lookout duty tonight."

Ren bowed, and saluted, shuffling her feet quickly out the tent. In her head, the voice laughed.

Is that the best lie you can come up with?

-----

"A girlfriend? Is that all you could come up with?!" She smacked her self in the head harshly, to make up for the stupidest lie she ever pulled. She looked out the watchtower, high over the silver and white trees. A light breeze blew into the cavernous tower. She put her elbows on the railing, cupping her hands on her face over her frown, like parentheses marks.

"Why couldn't I have just told him...?" She sighed, watching the Eastern Watchtower.

"All clear, Ren?" A scratchy voice asked from her glove. She sighed and opened the latch, pulling it close to her face.

"Yeah, Twill, all clear," She replied exasperatingly. She waited. No response.

She breathed in heavily, closing the latch. She looked back out. Suddenly, from far inside the forest, a light flashed.

"Huh?" She said, grabbing some binoculaurs off the small wooden shelf beside her. She focused in on the light.

"Oh sh-" She grabbed her arm, opening the latch.

"Twill!" She shouted into her arm. Some scratchy feedback came through before he answered.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Look out to Northwest 47," She commanded. She waited. After moments of silence, a loud noise came from her speaker.

"What the hell is that?!" He shouted.

Last edited:

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
Oh Sh- lol that is catching on

And LMAO!!! lol yeah u know it but good one bell cant wait for the next part

Bellaisima358

Ch 12
Sister

"What?! What do you see!?" Ren barked into her speaker, binouculars in her face.

"Call for back-" Scratchy feedback concluded his response.

"Twill? Twill!?" Ren shouted. No response. Ren grabbed her phone quickly, unable to call with her speaker.

"Laz!?" She called into it after a few rings.

"What? What's-"

"Laz, Twill needs backup on Tower E, by Northwest 47," She ordered, taking the ancient elevator down to the forest floor.

"Why? What happened?" Laz asked.

"Just do it, Laz!" She demanded, shutting the phone in fustration. She ran out the wooden elevator, and hurried to Tower E.

-----

"Twill? Twill, can you hear me?!" She asked into her speaker. No one answered. She closed the latch harshly.

"Dammit!" Ren shouted, weaving her way through the dense forest with her motorcycle. She hoped Twill was alright- that Laz had gotten there already.

Oh save it! She thought, There's no hope in war. Only blood and gore.

She sighed and sped on, wishing for hope that could never exist to her.

------

In a room, two people paced around. One was clearly a man. The other was unable to be identified, having sat down next to the window by the dark corner.

"Brother has gotten away," The man said. He had a long black trenchcoat, with black sunglasses. He had unruly black hair over them. He leaned on the wall, looking out the window.

"I'm starting to think brother is a sister," The other person said, its voice scratchy. It was a female. She had the same coat and sunglasses, but with blonde hair in a ponytail and bangs over her eyes.

"How so?" The other asked, taking interest. The female looked up at him.

"He....had the same motorcycle as that girl who visited Shlya today," She said slowly, analyzing the data in her head. "And the same strawberry blonde hair," She added.

"How could you see his hair?" The man asked, puzzled. "He was wearing a helmet."

"Obviously, she doesn't check if her hair is sticking out," She said, scoffing. The man nodded slowly.

"So..." He started, " Brother is really...sister?"

The female smacked him in the head. "Yes, you idiot. I think we've found our little sister," She snarled, looking out the window.

"And she's not getting away this time, master," She promised, smiling evily.

Bellaisima358

Ch 13
Materia

"Ren!" A familiar voice shouted. Ren looked to her side to see black motorcycles riding through the trees. She smiled.

"Glad you could make it, Laz," She shouted back. Laz laughed.

"What are we up against?" He asked.

"Don't know. Unidentified." She reported. "But we have to hurry!"

The motorcycles sped on.

-----

"Look!" A soldier shouted. Ren and Laz looked up, and saw a fleet of Kubai soldiers retreating in their tanks. On the ground was watchtower Northwest 47, and in it was Twill.

"Those little-" Ren growled, and pulled out her gun blade, aiming at the head tank. She pulled the trigger, and a bullet flew, splitting into two once more, only these were special bullets. They were grenade bullets.

"ABUNAI!" Ren shouted. The soldiers behind her and Laz ducked, as the tanks exploded. The Kubai soldiers shouted in agony. The soldiers threw handheld grenades at them as well, laughing as the Kubai screamed like girl's. They were obviously new recruits.

"Get off our land, kono yaro!" A soldier from the back shouted as the men ran, dropping a silver encrusted box. Ren hopped off her motorcycle and ran towards it as the last few men ran.

"Hey," She said, holding it up. She clicked it open, and covered her eyes, "It's materia!"

"Materia!?" Laz shouted in disbelief. He ran to her side, and gawked.

"Wow....we need to take this somewhere safe," He said. Ren smiled.

"I know just the place," She said, "Now let's give Twill some help!" The soldiers nodded and went to free Twill from the crumbled watchtower.

-----

"You alright, Twill?" Ren asked the man riding behind her. He sighed.

"Better than half an hour ago, that's for sure," He replied. Ren laughed.

"What happened, man?" Ren asked.

"There was this-thing with the Kubai men. It was a monster, hairy and humongous-"

"I wish you would describe it better," Ren said. Twill laughed.

"Well, I'm sorry, but I didn't get to see that well. I was kinda talking to you," He said, punching her in the ribs playfully. Guys and their rough ways....

"Yeah well, explain to Laz exactly what you saw," She said, pulling up to camp, "I need to drop off this load of materia somewhere. Can't be flaunting it around camp, now can we?"

Bellaisima358

Ch 14
Choices

"Where do you think you're going?" Laz bellowed over the purr of Ren's engine. He helped Twill off the back seat, supporting him on his side.

"Shyla HQ. Best place to hide the materia," She said, signaling to the box in the back seat. "I'll talk to Cloud so he can come help out, too. Kubai men are getting way to close to Jette territory."

Laz rolled his eyes. "Cutting your shift short again, are we Ren?"

Ren sighed. "Look, I'm sorry, but I promise I'll make it up to you!" She shouted, zooming away. Las sighed once more.

"What are we going to do with him?" He asked himself. Twill laughed, and they limped on the the infermery.

-----

"Come on, come on, pick up," Ren mumbled, holding her slim black phone to her helmet. Five rings, and still no answer. She stood at the side of the road.

"Reno, pick up!" She hissed. As if to answer her order, a sleepy Reno finally answered.

"Hai...?" Reno asked.

"Reno?" Ren asked in her low voice, just to be on the safe side.

"Hai. Ren, what is it?" He replied exasperatingly.

"Is headquarters open right now?" She asked, back in her female voice. Reno yawned.

"Ren, it's three AM. Can't this wait 'till morning?" He whined. Ren sighed and thought for a while.

"You've got a point." She confided. "Look, I'll call Laz right now, and I'll be in Shyla first thing in the morning."

Reno yawned again. "Ok. You do that." He hung up. Ren dialed for Laz.

Ring. Ring. Ring. "Hello?"

"Laz," Ren said, gaining her low voice once more. "Shyla HQ isn't available right now. I'll go later this morning." She paused. "Should I...come back to base?"

Laz stayed silent. After a long while, he spoke.

"Well...you know what, take a few hours to sleep." He gave in slowly. Ren breathed out. "But you've got double duty tomorrow." He ordered. Ren nodded.

"I can live with that," She said sarcastically, laughing. Laz joined in with an easygoing chuckle.

"Well, see you tom-I mean, later," he said, a glum tone to his voice, "I hope you can bring Cloud with you."

"Will do," Ren replied, smiling warmly. She hung up, still smiling, still holding the phone in her hand. Talking to Laz made her feel...light. Her smile suddenly faded at that thought. Was she...? No. Not Laz. That could never happen.

Ren looked out at the empty, black, one way road, mist crawling at its floor. The silver trees from the surrounding forest glowed slightly, as the bright moon beamed down upon them. Ren rubbed the side of her phone with her thumb, biting her lip.

It's three in the morning, she thought, what can I do at three in the morning?

She looked to the right, eyeing the gleam of the new city of Shyla, built a few years after the raid on Sector 5.

She looked to the left and saw the ruined Sector 5, Aerith's church still standing tall in the middle of crumbling buildings and piles of rubble reaching the outskirts.

Ren stradled her motorcycle, starting the engine, and began to her left, trying to relive the events of that horrible night.

Bellaisima358

Ch 15
Memories

She hopped off her motorcycle, leaning it against a pile of rubble at the entry of Sector 5. She took off her heavy armor, her shin gaurds and shoulder pads, her rib protectors and the encasing helmet on her head. She took a deep breath, taking in that cold air of the night. She left the armor aside, and looked at the beaten path before her.

She closed her eyes, letting her mind wander back nine years ago.

-----

"Sector Five Delivery Service?" A little girl answered into a phone. She had a grew knit dress up to her knees and khaki shorts under, a slim purple belt around her waist. Strawberry blonde hair reached her shoulders, lightly waving down her neck. She blinked her iridescent blue eyes.

"Um, no, sorry..." She replied onto the speaker, grabbing a pen and paper, scribbling down stuff in Kanji. She stopped and stayed silent.

"Alright, I'll have one of the delivery boys come by later. Mhm. Okay, five it is then. Yes. No, thank you, sir." She hung up and silently put the phone back on its charging stand.

"Who was it Aishii?" A middle aged woman asked from the room in back. She had light navy capris and a white polo shirt, short blonde hair reaching her ears. She had gentle green eyes.

"Someone wants us to pick up something called materia and deliver it to a camp near Kubai..." Aishii replied nonchalantly, "I said I'd send a delivery boy by five-"

"Wait," the woman interrupted, "Did you say Kubai and materia in the same sentence?"

Aishii nodded slowly, not understanding why the woman's face suddenly grew pale. Aishii frowned.

"What's wrong, mom?" Aishii asked.

"Cancel the order, Aishii." Her mother commanded, hands trembling, "Call that person back and say we're unnavailable."

"But...why?" Aishii asked, still confused.

"Aishii, just do it!" Her mother shouted. Aishii pulled back in fear, and absently grabbed the phone again, staring at her mom.

"Is materia...bad?" She insisted. Her mother sighed.

"No Aishii, its...well, its- just cancel the order," She said, turning her attention out the window. She was looking out the window more than usual.

"Al-alright," Aishii responded, redialing the number. As the phone rang, she looked at her mother's object if attention, the road leading to Kubai, the forbidden territory. Every day, the sound of drums and gognas would appear closer, as the Kubai Army neared Jette Territory. Kubai always did like to make a big deal of things, even if it was an invasion.

"They won't come," Aishii's mother whispered to herself, shaking in fear, "They won't come."

"Yes, you just called in for Sector Five Delivery? Well, we're unavailable at this time, sir."

-----

"C'mon Aish," A girl older than Aishii insisted, "Come to the dance with us!" A faint sound of drums and gongs played in the background.

"Elya," Aishii sighed, packing things into her delivery bicycle, "I've got better things to do than dance. Go with Chaos and Asona." Chaos and Asona were friends of Elya, usually funner than Aishii herself.

"Chaos is with his brothers, and Asona is going, but with her guy friend," Elya whined. Suddenly, she slapped her forehead.

"Ugh, I forgot...Asona was getting a date for me," She grabbed Ren's arms and shook her wildly, "Please! Come! I don't wanna spend the night with a guy I probably don't even know!" She pleaded. Aishii sighed, and looked at her cousin, Elya Kitsami.

Elya had medium length brown hair, and choclatey brown eyes. She wore a creamy kimono, up to her knees, and purple leggings underneath. She had canvas sneakers with purple laces, and her quick wittiness and humor was easily read by the constant smile plastered on her face. Suddenly, her eyes dialated purposely.

"Aw, no, not the puppy dog face!' Aishii said, turning. Elya continued on. Aishii sighed.

"Ugh, what time?" Aishii gave in. Elya beamed.

"Yes! Thank you Aishii! I owe you BIG!" She shouted, hugging her. Aishii cleared her throat. Elya backed away and smiled sheepishly.

"Uh, sorry," She replied, shrugging, "I forgot. Personal space."

"Yeah," Aishii quickly remarked, smiling back sarcastically. She got on her delivery bike, starting for South Sector 5, bags and boxes rattling in her basket.

"Seven-thirty!" Elya shouted behind her.

Suddenly, the sound of drums and gongs ceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back