• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too much KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
That's exactly the point though, why people should not get Keyblades left and right. Because getting one should actually mean something. And, yeah, excuse me if I think that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Namine doesn't have a Keyblade because plot wise, she doesn't need one.
Donald and Goofy don't have Keyblades because plot wise, they don't need one.
Too many other characters in the series even now lack Keyblades - because they don't need one.
Sora got a Keyblade for a good reason.
Roxas and Xion and Riku got Keyblades for good reasons.
Aqua, Terra and Ven are Keyblade Apprentices, and MX is a Keyblade MASTER. They have their plot reasons.
If anyone else at this point in the series gets a Keyblade, for half as lame a reason as what I put in the spoilers, then yes, it's bad and should be avoided at all costs. I know the main characters are supposed to have strong Hearts and what not but if EVERYONE ended up with Keyblades and strong Hearts it kind of kills the effect.
Sora at the get go was alluring because he was the only Keyblade Wielder.
Riku was in a tug-o-war with him which made it interesting, and he got his development and quality as a character because of his weakness.

Giving a Keyblade to just anyone over any poor reasons isn't contributing to the plot - it's admitting they're running out of ideas.

No, I was not suggesting that Kairi should get her own Keyblade. I was talking about yet-to-appear characters having them.

Here's what I was getting at: what if one of the future games brings back the Keyblade Wars? You're gonna have tons of Keyblade wielders and masters fighting with them.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No, I was not suggesting that Kairi should get her own Keyblade. I was talking about yet-to-appear characters having them.

Here's what I was getting at: what if one of the future games brings back the Keyblade Wars? You're gonna have tons of Keyblade wielders and masters fighting with them.

What I said and what you said don't contradict each other and I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.
If a Keyblade War was presented then yes, plot wise, it makes sense for practically everyone to have their own Keyblades, as Apprentices or Masters.
But you'd need to get to that plot. Right now we don't have that kind of plot.

Aquaman OS

Maybe because the fact Sora was kind of the chosen one from the get go, besides the fact Mickey has one and Riku was supposed to have the keyblade. There were just two wielders in KH1 and CoM. All of the sudden, several more appear. Wouldn't this seem a bit annoying to you?

All plot elements of the Keyblade being a unique one of a kind weapon has been thrown out the window in KH 2. Note that Sora doesn't bat an eye at either Riku or Kairi suddenly having one nor being told that there were others before them. So that was totally retconed away.

Especially with the reveal that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That first part of the spoiler was actually confirmed as early on as Another Report, where Nomura said that there are as many Keyblades as there are qualified Hearts and that - at the time - Kairi reached DI basically through sheer luck. We all pieced together that there MUST've been a damn good reason for Sora and Mickey's Keyblades to have been the only ones around until Riku got his though seeing the KH2/FM+'s secret endings.

As for Kairi suddenly having a Keyblade I am yet to be fully convinced of that :p especially with the most likely origin of that Keyblade >>
I heard enough about BBS to doubt my views in the matter will change even once I play it.

Aquaman OS

Well I think the one she used in KH 2 was just a spare Riku gave her due to his increased power (hence why it's nowhere to be found once he's back to normal)

At the same time due to events in BBS it seems a given that she'll eventually be chosen by her own at some point in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'd sooner blame that "spare" on Riku having XH inside him, much like Sora and Roxas through Ven complications got their own extra Keyblade.

As for the spoiler, I'd sooner put it as them explaining Kairi using that "spare" without forcing themselves into actually giving her one of her own. Riku was a wielder up to KH2 too, but didn't have the WtD until the end of it. Kairi could be a Keyblade-less wielder too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back