• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Tumor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey guys I kind of felt like talking about this because I spend a lot of time here so I was curious about what you think............My father called me tonight out of the blue. We talk every now and then. Well he called me to tell me that he has a tumor in his pituitary gland. Apparently he's had it since 2001 and decided not to tell anyone about it. I guess that he's had it checked up every year. The last time he went was in September of 2007. Well he told me that for the last 2 weeks he's been having constant headaches and getting very dizzy. So I guess he went to see his neurologist today and turns out that in 2007 his tumor was 4mm and now it's 12mm. He's supposed to get an MRI done this week to see whats going on and decide whether or not to have surgery. The thing that concerns me is that today he said he went blind for about two minutes. Thats what made him go to the neurologist. He said that the surgery is pretty tricky and that there's a chance he could go blind. So this is troubling me a little bit. I was wondering if anyone here has ever heard of this happening to anyone they know. Sorry for the long post but thanks for reading it.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I never heard of this type of tumor but if your dad doesnt decide to do something the risk at going blind could increase more. Tumors can be devistating to a person and could have a terrible end result. I really cannot say to do the surgery or not cause thats a hard decision expectially if the risk at never seeing again is involved.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
From what I understand, my Father has hepatitides [I believe that is the correct spelling] B and/or C? Memory fails to serve me, however, he seems to be in denial about it, saying how the tests in the 80's and 90's were wrong even though he had a recent test in a span of 7 years.

I hope your Father has a successful operation, I suppose it is best to go blind then to possibly die from something that could get out of hand....

... Err...

... 'Scuse me for nothing saying the most comforting of words.

Is there anyway I can help?

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Well it seems to me the options are the operate or not to. There's a chance he can go blind with the surgery, but without surgery he'll almost assuredly go blind. If it was me, the chance of not going blind by getting it removed would fair outweigh anything else. Then again it's easy to say for me since you know... it's not happening to me.

It seems you and your father don't speak often, but it's nice to know he still cared enough to let you know about these important things in his life. Maybe this will be a chance for you and your father to get a bit closer (if that's something that you want :\)

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the replies guys. We actually both missed each other's calls on Saturday. I'm going to call him today and see if he had that MRI done and what's going to happen. I'm thinking he's going to have to have the surgery since it's grown so much.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Well, there's hope your father will live.

I know my teacher at my old school had a pituitary gland tumor. He kind of went blind for about a minute during class, and he went crazy at that point. However, he had the operation, and was fine.

I hope all goes well for your father. I'll try to remember to keep him in my prayers.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Eh, don't mention it. I know what its like to go through family problems where someone gets sick. You'll get through it all.

If you ever need to talk about it, PM me at any time. Can't guarantee a hasty response, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back