• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

vanitas. how the..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
okay MAYBE to throw us off but there HAS to be sumthin connected.

seriously xion looked like kairi because that was sora's biggest memory thus her looking like her. thats an explanation. the hell is the explanation for vanitas having everything like riku or vice versa? and no its lame having vanitas look like sora. seriously i am sick and tired of these fucking sora clones.

and "because its a darkness" thing is a terrible excuse/explanation. if thats true why the hell doesnt xehanorts heartless fight like that? xemnas? roxas? the organization? maleficent? the disney villains? all use darkness and NONE of them fight like both riku and xehanorts heartless .they are the only 2 who fight like that!! how the hell is that a coincidence?

and for the last time, NO. riku had that fighting stance BEFORE xehanort ever took control of him. when u fight him in hallow bastion the first time in kh1 he had that fighting stance and it was before xehanort even took over him or encountered riku. so what gives?

and just a reminder
fuck sora clones.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
im saying instead of asking what does vanitas have in common with riku. what does riku have in common with vanitas, chronologically vanitas had the suit first.

so like a few people have already said. with this in mind seeing as how mx created him and ansem sod gave riku his dark powers that this is where their similarities come from.

Riku had the suit and darkness and Soul Eater in him before he was possessed.

seriously xion looked like kairi because that was sora's biggest memory thus her looking like her. thats an explanation. the hell is the explanation for vanitas having everything like riku or vice versa? and no its lame having vanitas look like sora. seriously i am sick and tired of these fucking sora clones.

Vanitas looks like Sora because Sora is the reason Ven became complete.
Besides he was a badass clone, deal with it.

and "because its a darkness" thing is a terrible excuse/explanation. if thats true why the hell doesnt xehanorts heartless fight like that? xemnas? roxas? the organization? maleficent? the disney villains? all use darkness and NONE of them fight like both riku and xehanorts heartless .they are the only 2 who fight like that!! how the hell is that a coincidence?

XH is the way he is because he is literally MX. Simple.

The battle stance for Riku, however, is a real mystery. As said, he had everything needed to become Dark Riku before he found Maleficent or was possessed. Perhaps just has part of Vanitas inside of him.

and for the last time, NO. riku had that fighting stance BEFORE xehanort ever took control of him. when u fight him in hallow bastion the first time in kh1 he had that fighting stance and it was before xehanort even took over him or encountered riku. so what gives?

Also while on DI.

and just a reminder
fuck sora clones.

Well fuck people who can't understand plot importance.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

and just a reminder
fuck sora clones.

I'm tired of Sora clones, but I think Vanitas is a wonderful standout from the bunch, despite also being the one looking the most like Sora (save for that one moment in Days with Xion). Why? Because he's got such a different personality from the rest of the Sora clones. The others may be different than Sora in some fashion (Ven's more serious, Xion resembles a bit of Kairi's personality, and Roxas is almost emo at times)

Vanitas? He's the biggest villain in the series. He's like the KH Heath Ledger's Joker. Just wants to destroy everything. And the fact that he's the spitting image of the hero makes it even better. Why? Because it's bound to be used as some sort of torment for Sora.

Z

Zulkir

That "stance" that he uses is generally used by all darkness wielders.

1) Vanitas has it

2) MX has it(yes, he has it, watch his fight)

3) Riku has it after he goes into darkness, he does NOT have it on destiny islands.

I guess the same applies to the skirtsuit.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I'm tired of Sora clones, but I think Vanitas is a wonderful standout from the bunch, despite also being the one looking the most like Sora (save for that one moment in Days with Xion). Why? Because he's got such a different personality from the rest of the Sora clones. The others may be different than Sora in some fashion (Ven's more serious, Xion resembles a bit of Kairi's personality, and Roxas is almost emo at times)

Vanitas? He's the biggest villain in the series. He's like the KH Heath Ledger's Joker. Just wants to destroy everything. And the fact that he's the spitting image of the hero makes it even better. Why? Because it's bound to be used as some sort of torment for Sora.

Technically, Vanitas hsouldn't have had an appearance until Ven met up with Sora. The only reaosn he looks like Sora is because Ven connected his heart to Sora's to make him stable, and Vanitas is half of Ven, therefore connected to that heart. He was a blank slate before hand, which, when put in perspective, could make it easier to connect him to Riku or someone else.

Hence; suit, battle stance, generally evil jerkiness. How does he connect to Riku though? We know that Riku had his darkness, including the suit and Soul Eater, inside of him prior to KH1. Battle stance makes things a little more confusing though.

He's a Ven clone, techincally.

Samhain

Bronze Member
That "stance" that he uses is generally used by all darkness wielders.
what a load of crap.

mx doesnt have it exactly like vanitas and riku.
out of about 20's-30's people we see using darkness its only a COINCIDENCE that we see vanitas nd riku having the same exact stance. i believe they are the only one's with the dark suit and hmm i do believe vanitas put his hand out to ven like riku did with sora.

..makes no sense. as i said before. it may be to "throw us off" but Kh has explanations for mainly everything and its pretty obvious w hy xion looked like kairi...

Z

Zulkir

Look at MX's stance, he uses it, he uses darkness.

Vanitas uses it, he uses darkness.

Riku uses it, when he uses darkness.

Yes, it could be a throwoff, but the stance being amongst darkness keyblade users(Riku getting his keyblade a tad later) is probable.

A

Azrael

and just a reminder
fuck sora clones.

Ven is connected to Sora making Van connected to Sora.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Ven is connected to Sora making Van connected to Sora.
thx another captain obvious.

srsly that isnt my q.

my q is how is he connected to sora if he basically has everything riku has? sora doesnt have anything that riku has...

State

Awards
how is he connected to sora if he basically has everything riku has? sora doesnt have anything that riku has...

You're asking a question that seems like an opinion, allow me to rephrase:
Why is he connected to Sora if he has a lot in common to Riku!?

It's pretty obvious ans self-explicated by how Vanitas and Sora are connected, because of Ventus' heart. Since Ventus' heart is connected to Sora's and when Sora and Riku were kids, they liked to fight with swords, so, possibly, Vanitas wields like Riku because of Sora's memories towards Riku.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
You're asking a question that seems like an opinion, allow me to rephrase:
Why is he connected to Sora if he has a lot in common to Riku!?

It's pretty obvious ans self-explicated by how Vanitas and Sora are connected, because of Ventus' heart. Since Ventus' heart is connected to Sora's and when Sora and Riku were kids, they liked to fight with swords, so, possibly, Vanitas wields like Riku because of Sora's memories towards Riku.

But MX has the same pose.

Samhain

Bronze Member
yes im bumping this up because bbs ultimania is here.

have they told us anything on why vanitas connects everything to only riku and nothing on sora?

XaiyaXemnas

Website
kingdomchasers.ucoz.com
@xXRepaXx
2iaze45.jpg

OMG thats how he looks like what have I been missing! Howd this happen...s1jessie

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
ok we know vanitas lks like a black haired sora. question =

why the fuck does vanitas connect EVERYTHING to riku?
sora doesnt have the soul eater look alike keyblade
sora doesnt have a suit that looks like vanitas and riku's
sora doesnt have the personality of riku or vanitas. both their personalities r almost same. difference here is vanitas is more of a psychopath
riku and vanitas put their hand out to ven/sora in both openings.

so what gives? was this to throw it off? this sucks. i was expecting vanitas to look like riku. enough of these fucking sora clones. i mean vanitas is a psycho bad ass but its his appearence that pisses me off. i wish he looked like riku or a mixture of both or something connected to riku. they are connected in each and every way! the only thing sora and vanitas hav is the same VA's. thats all

Because Vanitas was supposed to connect to Riku. Now he's not. I'm not going to use the "R" word because people are going to flip a bitch.
But you know I should.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Never explicitely stated. But if not to Riku, then to Xehanort.

But the character says everything.

The suit
The Keyblaade's design
The orb of light MX was holding. [Which turned out to be his Keyblade]

I'm not saying it's confirmed, this one was heavily implied.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay this is how the whole Vanitas thing works:

MX's uses his keyblade to release the dark half of Ven's heart. This dark heart forms a body made of darkness around it and thus Vanitas is born. At this point, Vanitas probably looked like a black haired Ven.

Now when Sora's heart connected to Ven's heart, it filled the part of the heart Vanitas was once part of. This connection between ven and Sora caused Vanitas' appearance to change into that of a black haired Sora.

Now the reason Vanitas has a similar outfit and fighting style to Riku? Well the fighting style is simple, MX, Vanitas, and Riku have similar fighting styles now this could be cause beings of the dark like that style or perhaps it's due to Xehanort training Vanitas and later XH controling Riku.

Finally the suit is obviously made from darkness so it's kinda similar to the organization cloak, it's just something people wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back