• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wait..Will Mickey recognize Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
think another thing that contributed to roxas leaving the org is becasue someone DID recognize him as Ven, and maybe he realized what had happened because mikey and roxas DID have a confrontation. so because of this he knew his responsibility as ven. then he met xion, who, as we all know, might have something to with sora's memories, and so then he would have realized his duty as being sora's nobody. anyone catching what i'm pitching here? lol (baseball humor)

No. Roxas left to find out why the Keyblade choose him. Also, Roxas would have met Xion first before Mickey. Because Xion shows up pre-CoM when all the members are alive an in there special thirteen seat room. And at this time Mickey was trapped within the Dark Realm with Riku at the time CoM started. Then Riku woke up and was sent to CO.

Also, Roxas only found out that he was Sora's was when he fought Riku the second time. And I don't even think he knew what he, a Nobody, really was.

Riku: You really are his Nobody.
Roxas: What are you talking about!? I'm me!

Then after Roxas get's his ass handed to him by Rikunort. He is taken to DiZ and placed in Data TT. There is no time for any of that "he would have realized his duty as being sora's nobody.".

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
What makes you think that Mickey would see Roxas? Wasn't he trying to avoid them? Or maybe hecould see him and be all like

Mickey: Is that......Nah cant be.

black_hood_demon

What makes you think that Mickey would see Roxas? Wasn't he trying to avoid them? Or maybe hecould see him and be all like

Mickey: Is that......Nah cant be.

why would mickey avoid the org when hes trying to shut it down? and why was he in the digi-twilight town? you see him there like twice! he must have known about roxas if he was in the one place whose soul purpose was to contain him! (roxas that is)

Awards
It was like 10 years ago that he saw Xehanort. I'm pretty sure you guys should be able to forgive him for momentarily forgetting his name. =______=;;

Not when the name Xehanort coincided with the very antagonist of BbS.

Complete bullshit. He forgets due to those ten years that Ansem's apprentice just happens to have the same name as THE Master Xehanort? I think not. If they ignore this it is without a doubt a plot hole, one that I refuse to brush aside as Mickey's sheer stupidity.

Obviously Mickey would not forget the name of Master Xehanort between the end of BbS and the time he meets Xehanort (this is irrefutable or otherwise Mickey has some advanced form of Alzheimer's/dementia), so he would have either made a connection or something happened to his memory. If he DID make the connection and for some reason chose not to act.... uh... Gee, somewhat of a bad move to do nothing for ten years and FORGET about something so significant, eh Mickey? I don't buy into that. All I can see is:

Mickey's To Do List said:
- chat with Yen Sid
- feed Pluto
- spoon with Minnie
- secretly spoon with Daisy
- find... uhh...Emsen the Knowledgeable (?)
- LOL 2 Xehanorts?

A

Audo

Not when the name Xehanort coincided with the very antagonist of BbS.
Maybe Mickey is just better with faces than names. I find this likely, and there are people whose memories work like that.

Obviously Mickey would not forget the name of Master Xehanort between the end of BbS and the time he meets Xehanort (this is irrefutable or otherwise Mickey has some advanced form of Alzheimer's/dementia), so he would have either made a connection or something happened to his memory. If he DID make the connection and for some reason chose not to act.... uh... Gee, somewhat of a bad move to do nothing for ten years and FORGET about something so significant, eh Mickey? I don't buy into that. All I can see is:
Mickey DID choose to act, he told Ansem too look over the data of the apprentices.

oblivion_key

Maybe Mickey is just better with faces than names. I find this likely, and there are people whose memories work like that.

Mickey DID choose to act, he told Ansem too look over the data of the apprentices.

good point

Awards
This isn't something hard to forget. We're not talking about a relation between Master Bob and Bob, Xehanort is a distinct name (as all of the names are in KH). There's no way around it.

Master Xehanort and Xehanort. He had to see a connection, or there is a plot hole. Something happened to his memory, or there is a plot hole.

That's not acting. That's telling someone else to act (in a rather ambiguous, insignificant manner at that). And what would suggest that Mickey was telling Ansem under the suspicion of Xehanort's name to review the data anyway? Not much. Did he conveniently expect Ansem to find something that would unravel Xehanort's fraudulent identity? Did he assume that by just telling Ansem to review data on a whim, that things would be taken care of and the matter need not be a concern anymore?

A

Audo

This isn't something hard to forget. We're not talking about a relation between Master Bob and Bob, Xehanort is a distinct name (as all of the names are in KH). There's no way around it.

Master Xehanort and Xehanort. He had to see a connection, or there is a plot hole. Something happened to his memory, or there is a plot hole.
lol. OR, maybe he just is more of a face person, xD. Or, maybe he did recognize it, as i said earlier. (though, i was referring to him being a face person in relation to him forgetting 10 years later)

That's not acting. That's telling someone else to act (in a rather ambiguous, insignificant manner at that). And what would suggest that Mickey was telling Ansem under the suspicion of Xehanort's name to review the data anyway? Not much. Did he conveniently expect Ansem to find something that would unravel Xehanort's fraudulent identity? Did he assume that by just telling Ansem to review data on a whim, that things would be taken care of and the matter need not be a concern anymore?
Xehanort and MX aren't the same person. That much is accepted one way or another.
Even if this "Xehanort" shares the same name as MX, that doesn't mean he is the same person. But maybe Mickey wanted to be safer than sorry, and found the best way, was to look over the results of what Xehanort and his apprentices were doing. Plus, sure it may not have been the smartest thing for Mickey to do, but no one said the characters of KH couldn't make mistakes.

oblivion_key

lol. OR, maybe he just is more of a face person, xD. Or, maybe he did recognize it, as i said earlier. (though, i was referring to him being a face person in relation to him forgetting 10 years later)

Xehanort and MX aren't the same person. That much is accepted one way or another.
Even if this "Xehanort" shares the same name as MX, that doesn't mean he is the same person. But maybe Mickey wanted to be safer than sorry, and found the best way, was to look over the results of what Xehanort and his apprentices were doing. Plus, sure it may not have been the smartest thing for Mickey to do, but no one said the characters of KH couldn't make mistakes.

I know this sounds crazy, but since their r most likely 2 xehanorts what about 2 MICKEY's.

Awards

This isn't just some simple mistake, it's an act of negligence that goes beyond any nonsensical thing Mickey would do.

He would leave something so important alone in the hands of Ansem the Wise? It's not as though Mickey himself was doing anything- AtW was the one who looked over the results. More importantly, Mickey didn't stick around to do jack shit. Apparently it wasn't much of a concern for him. Of course MX and Xehanort aren't the same person, Mickey would know that. But if he remembers the events of BbS, and whatever fate befell MX, I guarantee you right now that this name coincidence would not seem a coincidence in the slightest. Something was going on, and if Mickey had the memory, he would know as much. And yet he chose not to do anything within reason.

If you ran into a man who had the same exact and entirely unique name as the man you had fought against a year earlier (a man who undoubtedly disappeared in one manner or another), would you not look into the matter? And even if by some crazy reason you didn't, would you honestly forget that name ten years after all of the events occurred?
Mickey would not forget MX, he would not forget his name. And yet he forgot Xehanort's name.

A

Audo

This isn't just some simple mistake, it's an act of negligence that goes beyond any nonsensical thing Mickey would do.
I never tried to pass it off as "a simple mistake". Just that it was a mistake on his part.

He would leave something so important alone in the hands of Ansem the Wise? It's not as though Mickey himself was doing anything- AtW was the one who looked over the results.
Well, he did look up to Ansem the Wise. Remember, it was Mickey who came to RG to ask for Ansem's advice. Maybe he thought it would be better in Ansem's hand's than his own.

More importantly, Mickey didn't stick around to do jack shit. Apparently it wasn't much of a concern for him.
Well, we don't know the full extent of the conditions around Mickey's stay there. We know he talked with Ansem, but we also know he talked with Xehanort on his own (according to the Ansem Reports). Maybe, Mickey also tried to get further into it by this talk with Xehanort, trying to see if he was the same person and/or whether he was a threat.

Of course MX and Xehanort aren't the same person, Mickey would know that. But if he remembers the events of BbS, and whatever fate befell MX, I guarantee you right now that this name coincidence would not seem a coincidence in the slightest. Something was going on, and if Mickey had the memory, he would know as much. And yet he chose not to do anything within reason.
He could've chose to do what he thought was best at the time, again, he made a mistake.

If you ran into a man who had the same exact and entirely unique name as the man you had fought against a year earlier (a man who undoubtedly disappeared in one manner or another), would you not look into the matter?
That's the thing, he DID look into it, via Ansem and his own talk with Xehanort.

And even if by some crazy reason you didn't, would you honestly forget that name ten years after all of the events occurred?
Mickey would not forget MX, he would not forget his name. And yet he forgot Xehanort's name.
Assuming Mickey had even known MX's name. We can't even be sure on that =/
But, like I said, I'm sure Mickey had a lot of things to deal with in that ten year gap and remember that A LOT of the character had believed it was Maleficent's doing. Many didn't even know about Xehanort. Mickey could have been similar at that time, and possible he realized the truth, or what not and that was why he was knew he would need to close the DtD (though, i am just making some speculations as to some possible explanations of course).

Awards
I never tried to pass it off as "a simple mistake". Just that it was a mistake on his part.
It's... still a mistake, and a comparatively simple one at that, unless we're being very picky with our adjectives.

Well, he did look up to Ansem the Wise. Remember, it was Mickey who came to RG to ask for Ansem's advice. Maybe he thought it would be better in Ansem's hand's than his own.
So that means that he's going to blow the whole thing over? Leave it in AtW's hands and LEAVE before even seeing any results?

Well, we don't know the full extent of the conditions around Mickey's stay there. We know he talked with Ansem, but we also know he talked with Xehanort on his own (according to the Ansem Reports). Maybe, Mickey also tried to get further into it by this talk with Xehanort, trying to see if he was the same person and/or whether he was a threat.
I always interpreted the Ansem Report's description of Xehanort talking to Mickey as AtW's conversation with Mickey. That is to say that, especially considering that Xehanort was under the name of Ansem, he was secretly listening to the conversation of AtW and Mickey and wrote it down as if it were first hand. But even if he DID talk to Mickey, so what? It proves that he had more concern (not enough I'd say) BUT it just diminishes the continuity of how he forgets who AtW's apprentice was. You're saying that he remembers Xehanort as the man with the same name as MX, but then forgets later on even though he took measures to make sure it was safe? No sense.

He could've chose to do what he thought was best at the time, again, he made a mistake.
A mistake so large, it's a plot hole unless further explained.

Assuming Mickey had even known MX's name. We can't even be sure on that =/
But, like I said, I'm sure Mickey had a lot of things to deal with in that ten year gap and remember that A LOT of the character had believed it was Maleficent's doing. Many didn't even know about Xehanort. Mickey could have been similar at that time, and possible he realized the truth, or what not and that was why he was knew he would need to close the DtD (though, i am just making some speculations as to some possible explanations of course).
Now you're stretching it. Yeah, we have no proof that he knew of MX's name, but it's just as likely as saying that he didn't know TAV's names. And you're searching for reasoning that I doubt you yourself believe in- he doesn't know MX's name?
He fights alongside Ven, we see him going to where MX in in the secret ending, TAV's master tells of MX's disappearance, and Mickey seems to be on a mission as well (without knowing who entails that mission? I don't think so).

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
What's happened has happened. Mickey obviously made a mistake about Xehanort. How that mistake occured, we may find out during BBS. I for one think that Mickey didn't see Xehanort as a threat "Oh hey, his guy has lost his memories, which he doesn't seem to be lying about, according to AtW. And he appears to be an alright nice guy now and not evil. I'll give him a second chance and leave him alone" Giving Xehanort a second chance sounds like something naive that Mickey would do.

A

Audo

It's... still a mistake, and a comparatively simple one at that, unless we're being very picky with our adjectives.
I suppose we are.

I always interpreted the Ansem Report's description of Xehanort talking to Mickey as AtW's conversation with Mickey. That is to say that, especially considering that Xehanort was under the name of Ansem, he was secretly listening to the conversation of AtW and Mickey and wrote it down as if it were first hand. But even if he DID talk to Mickey, so what? It proves that he had more concern (not enough I'd say) BUT it just diminishes the continuity of how he forgets who AtW's apprentice was. You're saying that he remembers Xehanort as the man with the same name as MX, but then forgets later on even though he took measures to make sure it was safe? No sense.
I wasn't referring to that one. I was referring to the conversation Xehanort says he has with Mickey about the gummi ship - something that, as far as we can tell, didn't occur with Ansem's talk with Mickey. lol, and he didn't TRULY forget anyways, he just had a hard time remembering - 10 years can do that to you.

A mistake so large, it's a plot hole unless further explained.
According to you, I, on the other hand think different.

Now you're stretching it. Yeah, we have no proof that he knew of MX's name, but it's just as likely as saying that he didn't know TAV's names. And you're searching for reasoning that I doubt you yourself believe in- he doesn't know MX's name?
He fights alongside Ven, we see him going to where MX in in the secret ending, TAV's master tells of MX's disappearance, and Mickey seems to be on a mission as well (without knowing who entails that mission? I don't think so).
lol, i only BRIEFLY mentioned him possibly not knowing MX's name as a possibility.

Awards
I wasn't referring to that one. I was referring to the conversation Xehanort says he has with Mickey about the gummi ship - something that, as far as we can tell, didn't occur with Ansem's talk with Mickey. lol, and he didn't TRULY forget anyways, he just had a hard time remembering - 10 years can do that to you.
Yes, I know you were referring to that.

Secret Ansem Report said:
He was very knowledgeable on many topics, and we deepened our friendship as we conversed companionably.

There was more to AtW's and Mickey's conversation than what we heard, and the impression I got was that one of those other topics would be the gummi ship- ie Xehanort overheard this, as I already said.

Yes, he TRULY forgot. A memory doesn't have to be permanently forgotten to be considered.... forgotten when it IS forgotten. It was just in the deep recesses of that Mousy subconscious, something I wouldn't consider him wise to allow with something so significant. After all, there IS a difference between a lost and a forgotten memory.

According to you, I, on the other hand think different.
According to logic too. One way or the other, it's a plot hole unless it is explained.

lol, i only BRIEFLY mentioned him possibly not knowing MX's name as a possibility.
Uh, you still, you know, mentioned it. Meaning it's there for response, unless you didn't want one, in which case you could have just as easily not written it.

Zero Sora said:
What's happened has happened. Mickey obviously made a mistake about Xehanort. How that mistake occured, we may find out during BBS. I for one think that Mickey didn't see Xehanort as a threat "Oh hey, his guy has lost his memories, which he doesn't seem to be lying about, according to AtW. And he appears to be an alright nice guy now and not evil. I'll give him a second chance and leave him alone" Giving Xehanort a second chance sounds like something naive that Mickey would do.

There seems to be this volley of excuses, but the excuses on both ends pose a plot hole.

If Mickey knew about the whole name connection for Xehanort but thought that he wasn't a threat, that still doesn't justify the fact that he forgot his name ten years later, because it would be just as easy to say that he would forget MX's name. And, you know, still assuming he isn't an idiot (and he's not), that wouldn't happen.

Ok. In KH2, Mickey clearly identifies the fact that he has known Xehanort's Heartless was a fake and was actually once the apprentice of Ansem the Wise, right? So he spent his time in KH trying to stop this impostor, yes? And yet allllllll of this time passes by (well over a year) and it takes him THAT long to realize that the apprentices name is Xehanort?

So let's get this straight so people can realize how idiotic that sounds. Mickey battles against MX in some way in BbS, and MX somehow disappears. Mickey later finds that a man with the same name exists as the apprentice of Ansem. He is highly concerned (obviously knowing this isn't a coincidence since names are distinctly unique in KH), but after further investigation he (somewhat foolishly) decides that Xehanort isn't a threat. Then years later he finds out that a bunch of shit that has been going on is caused by the heartless of the very man who has the same name as that villain he battled. And he can't remember? He can't even remember for over a year? If he can't remember the name "Xehanort" for the apprentice, he CANNOT remember the name "Xehanort" for the master, otherwise, if he DID remember the name for MX, he would know it was Xehanort. But he didn't. Meaning that the name "Xehanort" wasn't important to him, meaning that he forgot about MX in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back