• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are you your fears for Kingdom Hearts III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildbullet

- Project Xtrace's influence being too big (i.e. exclusive and extensive storyline cutscenes, game breaking powercreep, etc.).
- More questions pop up than answers.
- Convoluted plot device (remember time travel?).
- Square characters are all but forgotten (FF, TWEWY).

Wallflower3582

1) That the worlds feel disconnected from the plot as a whole. It's something I felt in most of the previous games in the series. You pop into a new world only to completely forget the actual conflict that drives the story to stop and help rescue a Disney character, and then suddenly and randomly you are rewarded with a keyhole or something. Please, make the plotline build tension and give a sense of purpose to the Disney worlds instead of simply ignoring the story and sticking cutscenes in between the worlds.

2) That Sora's character doesn't develop enough. I want to see him respond more emotionally to different circumstances. I understand he will always be sort of childish, but I don't want him to be so optimistic to the point that his character feels shallow. I want to see him angry, hurt, or even something SoKai. Just give him a bit more depth.

3) That the ending isn't sad enough. I've actually seen other people afraid of the opposite, that we get a sad ending, but I love them personally. And with the climactic ending we're getting I want it to be emotionally impactful. I want to be staring at the credits rolling and thinking, "Whoa." And my reason for saying this is, the sad stuff sticks with us longer. I want the whole fandom to be comforting each other and theorizing on how whoever's favorite character might not really be gone or might make a return. I wanna feel the aftershock of this game for a long time. We've waited for it for so long, it shouldn't be so satisfying and filled with happy endings that we move on too quickly after it's over.

4) That Cloud, Aerith, and the Hollow Bastion crew don't show up. I want some new FF characters too, but don't ignore the ones that have been around for 16 years already. They're ingrained into the series as much as any other character now. (Plus I love seeing Aerith alive and well...)

5) That Riku dies. I'm completely expecting to lose some main characters in the process of this game, but Riku has had some great character development and I don't want him to go. There's not really a technical reason I want him to stay, I just... like him. And I like his new hair... (´ー`)

ROKU-SHI

Banned
1. Ventus being norted
2. Ventus, Lea, Riku dying
3. Xehanort succeeding
4. getting more questions than answers
5. Roxas choosing Namine
6. Roxas not meeting Ventus face to face
7. the dandelions not returning
8. xion not returning.

yes, i really love Ven

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm kind of worried about late game scenes containing all the protagonists. Sora having to meet TAV, Xion, having Roxas return and meeting Ven and having to jump over that hurdle, Kairi and Riku being there... Things will get even crazier if mobile game characters somehow spring back to life and show up. It might be too crowded for anything interesting to happen.

Smithee

Awards
MX pulling a Joseph Seed (Far Cry 5).

You just know Nomura's tempted AF.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I have no idea what that means.

Yeah, kind of odd to assume even anyone here has played Far Cry 5. Even odder to namedrop a character with no explanation for what they did...

Is this it? The strangest khi post ever? Is it avant garde? Is Mozart still alive?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I have no idea what that means.

I did a quick google search of the character and I’m guessing he means he fears Master Xehanort “winning” the game. Joseph Seed is the antagonist of FC5 and you can’t actually defeat him.

Awards
I guess my only fear would be the gameplay making the game too easy. In the demo, situation commands were way too easy to activate, and I don’t like that. Obviously you’re given the option to activate them, but I think that it’ll become too tempting to activate them when they do become available. Hopefully, that was just for the demo though.

And then maybe another would be making Maleficent irrelevant again. I don’t like how they paired Maleficent and Pete up. Pete is a comical bully character. Maleficent is actually a feared Disney villain. She was a serious threat in KH1, and then they just ruined her character in KH2 and beyond. They’ve seriously become the Jesse and James of the series. I’m hoping she’ll pose a somewhat serious threat again in KH3. Yes, her plans will clearly be a side plot in KH3, but with her searching for the box and knowing so much about the book of prophecies, hopefully that will tie into what the Organization is trying to do.

mytomxxx

I guess my only fear would be the gameplay making the game too easy. In the demo, situation commands were way too easy to activate, and I don’t like that. Obviously you’re given the option to activate them, but I think that it’ll become too tempting to activate them when they do become available. Hopefully, that was just for the demo though.

I hear that the situation commands appearing all the time was for the demo, they wanted to show people all you can do in 1.5 hrs. Kh0.2 didnt had this problem, so I think it will not be a problem in Kh3

Awards
That it’ll be too focused on its boring main story and generic original KH characters instead of the Disney charm that made KH1 and KH2 so special and great.

disney233

Awards
That Maleficent honestly STAYS irrelevant and just...please stay out of the group's whereabouts - which I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed. It's just that...ever since her downgrade in KH2 it's best that she works on her own intentions rather than just constantly bugging Sora. I mean...it's pretty clear that she's not the greater threat anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back