• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are you your fears for Kingdom Hearts III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricier

Hi guys,

As originally posted on KH13, what are your guys biggest concerns and worries for Kingdom Hearts III? It can be ANYTHING from gameplay to specific content to even behind the scenes and promotion. For all we know, talking about it may help Disney Square avoid these problems, even if not for KH3 for another game or property down the road. :)

Here are my fears for Kingdom Hearts III:

- Not having all of/as many of the original actors from the original movies/previous games reprise their roles. Now of course, several have already been confirmed to return/not, those who're not are mostly due to either having passed away (R. Lee Ermy as Sarge; if only he could've returned for one last hurrah, if not for Toy Story 4, then at least for Kingdom Hearts III
oishii-frown.png
or because they don't do games and or anything outside of the movie(s) (i.e.Tom Hanks only ever voicing Woody in the movies (including short films), but NEVER for anything else
oishii-frown.png
or for an unknown reason (Hayden Panettiere wasn't even asked to return as Kairi
oishii-frown.png
Its this last reason that has me worried, for it Hayden wasn't asked back for whatever reason, then that means that it could happen to ANY other actor. The original actors originated and truly brought these characters to life. Having Wallace Shawn and John Ratzenberger return as Rex and Hamm truly made it feel like I am watching an actual Toy Story sequel and not just an adaptation of the Toy Story universe like pretty much all other Disney Worlds have been in the series. Its especially horrible if the original actor doesn't return if they've played the character in literally EVERY single appearance aside from Kingdom Hearts (the 1 time Tate Donovan did not return as Hercules for ANY animated version media, in Kingdom Hearts 1, despite returning for all subsequent games). If Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi do not return, when they have ALWAYS voiced their characters in EVERY single thing involving them, then I will NEVER forgive Square/Disney, especially considering that Aerith in KH1 is Mandy's VERY first voice over role for Disney, LONG before she become Rapzunel, Sheriff Callie, Mara in Tron: Uprising, and Nita in Brother Bear 2, so let alone it being a horrible dishonour in not playing her most iconic and well known character, it is also a dishonourable miss in having her voice acting career for Disney come full circle.

- Related to the above, but also specifically, Corey Burton, or another voice actor as Master Xehanort and not sounding like and or not being equally good or better than Nimoy. While Corey Burton certainly sounds like Christopher Lee, his performance doesn't sound as natural or as impactful or meaningful, and sounds too much like an adaptation and imitation of Lee's original nice and portrayl and NEVER has me feel like I'm with the true Diz/Ansem the Wise. Please pray that Xehanort and ALL other characters, whether they be Disney, Square or Original ALWAYS either keep their regional actor and or have an equally as good or better replacement that not on;y sounds like them but who also still has me feel like I'm with the character and like I am truly experiencing a new adventure and true sequel/story with them
oishii-smile.png

- If there are only 2 more Disney Worlds left to be revealed , and the World leak list that confirmed Frozen among most of the already confirmed Disney Worlds is true, then 100 Acre Wood and Disney Town are also confirmed, which will likely mean that they are the last Disney Worlds, aside from maybe 1 other Disney World that are left to be revealed. Personally, I feel like both are a bit of a waste to have in the game for the following reasons:

While it would be nice to have 100 Acre Wood return as a World for the reason that someone noted above in having a connection to χ and Maleficent's plot, and with that perhaps introducing the Baxon and other elements from the 2011 Winnie the Pooh and other Pooh movies like Lumpy, Pooh's story arc was wrapped up perfectly in KH2, and adding on more story to this World, at least at the end of The Xehanort Saga will be overdoing and ruining it, besides the fact that we already have a foresty World with Tangled, regardless of the different kinds of gameplay. As well, aside from the reason mentioned above for Disney Town, with the Classic KingdoM Mini Games (which by the way is basically Timeless River returning as a mini game World, as it involves that era's Mickey Mouse and other characters and settings), and a mini game in EVERY single World, theres not really a need for a full mini game World, with again, Classic Kingdom being more than pretty much a mini game World. It would also be especially horrible if they have these Worlds in replace of the return of Agrabah, among other better used Disney Worlds which is also another fear of mine, even though if it doesn't return then it means that they can do the Aladdin TV Series, which actually takes place between Return of Jafar and King of Theives, which they could also still do (along with the More Than a Peacock Princess Jasmine segment from Disney Princess Enchanted Tales Follow Your Dreams) even after doing King of Theives as they pretty much could still work even if placed after King of Thieves in the overall timeline

I will say though that if at least 100 Acre Wood is actually in the game, it SHOULD be revealed in time for Christopher Robin's August 3 2018 release :)

Last edited:

Pokie

Does a HighSchool Musical world count? Because well, yeah, THAT.

horto12485

Awards
My fears

The Wayfinder Trio being norted

Sad/Downer Ending (I don't like sad endings):frown:

Atlantis or Jungle Book not being in the Game

No Treasure Planet in the Game:frown:

No Appearances for Mr. and Mrs Potato Head (Since they're owned by Hasbro)

Xehanort succeeding

robotman

My fears:

1. Gameplay length, I recently played KH1 & KH2 again and I couldn't believe how short they were, especially if you skip some cutscenes and don't collect things. I want the main story to be AT LEAST 30 hours (including cutscenes) long and at least 40+ hours to collect everything. We've waiting so long, so hopefully it's long.

2. Game difficulty, the games are also quite easy, I like what the did in 0.2 when they took away once more and second chance on critical mode.

3. Situation commands, after seeing all the recent trailers and gameplay it looks extremely easy to get powerful commands and it clogs up the screen, hopefully they balance this before the games release (to be honest they can fix this in a patch).

4. No epic showdown, they've been very consistent in the main games, in both KH1 & KH2 after you get to a certain point in the game a door appears and it asks you if you wish to continue you cannot turn back. I really liked this as you knew stuff was about to get REAL and you were in for a multi-stage boss. The way the game is set up it looks like we'll just have the 7 lights vs 13 darknesses and then it'll be over, hopefully they continue the past trend for the main games.

5. That there's no more Disney worlds to reveal, I know that they said there was a couple worlds left but I'm unsure if they've clarified what's left, for all we know it could just be a Winnie The Pooh world *throws up and gags*. Hopefully there's at least 2 more main Disney worlds, a combination of Atlantis, The Jungle Book, Princess and the Frog or Wreck It-Ralph, personally, I don't want any other returning Disney worlds, there's so many unused Disney films they they could use.

I'm sure that I'm forgetting something but I can't think of it now lol.

ImVentus

Awards
Fear in particular.

1. Killing off a bunch of possessed or misunderstood characters. This includes everyone except for MX, & Ansem TSOD maybe also Xemnas. Killing of the other possessed members would have me truly upset, and would give me a reason to not like the (so called) heroes of the series.

2. Feeling limited, worlds, NPC's & time in general in the worlds. Before you comment back with the (Corona NPC walking around) Have you thought of the lack of npc in Monsters Inc, Frozen, cause I doubt they actually made rooms inside the castle. When retrospecting the Pirates world there's only a few npc's around aside from the main characters. I'm still fearful about the game feeling limited, especially with the invisible walls in Toy Story. I sure hope that San Fransokyo will feel massive. I hope that the sky and time zones will feel natural. Dawn, noon, evening, dusk and so on. After all, this is a game that has been insanely long in development. Can you really blame me for wanting to see some expansion here?

3. Rushed conclusion to the Dark Seeker Saga. I'm really worried about how they are gonna close this arc with so many elements in such a little amount of time. With all the returning characters, newly introduced cast, set up stakes, how are they going to have this feel not rushed? This really has me worried to be honest. Even though January is far away, it's really not that far.

4. Uneven continuation. So once the game is out, it's going to introduce us to a new secret ending. Whatever it might turn out to be, It's sorta unsettling to think that they might just throw a huge cliffhanger, and then have us wait for another decade for feeling like we come to a close. Guess we'll be in our thirties by the next instalment.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don’t think I have any real fears at the moment. I’m confident in the gameplay after having been lucky enough to go hands on, and the plot shown in the trailers intrigues me in a good way.

I guess one fear would be if they show more original characters and they’re all in plaid. I really want the plaid to stop because it’s awful on characters like Riku and makes little sense why HPO would suddenly all be rocking plaid as well.

Another might be the Gummi Ship, because this one just came to me. With a 360 area of exploration and battles, will we have to do it every time we want to go from world to world? Surely there’ll be a warp list we can open up and click on what world we want to go to after a certain point but I feel like I might get a bit burnt out with the Gummi Ship if I have to fly it everywhere throughout the entire game.

Oh, and because I love it, I fear that Huey, Dewey, and Louie won’t be their Ducktales 2017 reboot designs and personality and David Tennett won’t voice Scrooge, where they instead go for the man who’s only voiced Scrooge in three Mickey Mouse shorts over three years.

2. Feeling limited, worlds, NPC's & time in general in the worlds. Before you comment back with the (Corona NPC walking around) Have you thought of the lack of npc in Monsters Inc, Frozen, cause I doubt they actually made rooms inside the castle. When retrospecting the Pirates world there's only a few npc's around aside from the main characters. I'm still fearful about the game feeling limited, especially with the invisible walls in Toy Story. I sure hope that San Fransokyo will feel massive. I hope that the sky and time zones will feel natural. Dawn, noon, evening, dusk and so on. After all, this is a game that has been insanely long in development. Can you really blame me for wanting to see some expansion here?
I don’t blame you but there’s plenty they haven’t shown in those worlds that will have NPCs hanging about. Pirates will have us go to Port Royal and we’ll be able to see everyone in the town there, and no doubt we’ll be able to go into Arendelle itself and maybe buy some fish for Remy 8D.

The only one that most likely won’t have NPCs outside of the CDA is Monster’s Inc because the world takes place during the night, which is a shame! I wanted to see a bunch of monster designs.

mytomxxx

After watching youtubers the floaty factor got me worried a bit, but now I'm not so worried anymore.
I fear there's only more two disney worlds to reveal and they ended being pooh and disney castle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Like Chaser I can't think of any fears off the top of my head. So far everything looks top notch from the gameplay to the worlds. I guess if I had any concern it would be the last few Disney worlds, but I feel like I'd be fine with whatever Nomura chooses. None of the Disney worlds from what we have seen are filler so that's good.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
After watching youtubers the floaty factor got me worried a bit, but now I'm not so worried anymore.
I fear there's only more two disney worlds to reveal and they ended being pooh and disney castle.
I never really got the floaty issues. I think I preferred things floaty tbh, especially after playing Crash Bandicoot and wondering why the heck he was dropping like a bowling ball, but the QA team have been fine tuning KHIII so it shouldn’t be a worry to many now! I think this was some recent gameplay and Sora drops back down to Earth instead of remaining in the air.

mytomxxx

I guess the floaty for me only started to be a problem after the youtubers complaining about(I played all games in the highest difficult), and when i saw sora after a jump hanging in the air for a while in the premiere review soraalam1 did. Altough the gameplay you showed seens like he does not do that anymore

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Isn't Disney Castle considered an original world? I don't think it would take up a spot from another Disney film

redcrown

Awards
Biggest fear is that KH3 will just be a carbon copy of KH2;

-overly flashy and shallow gameplay with no challenge

-main plot mostly avoided and forgotten about except for big dumps of it at the beginning and end

-Disney worlds feeling like filler with barely any of the main plot or story involved

-important side characters and their whereabouts/journeys barely shown for the bulk of the game

-and next to no development for Sora.

I say this because gameplay wise it's already KH2-esque, and I'm hoping the rest of the game won't follow KH2's suit.

Besides that I'm worried Chi's/UX whatever's elements will leech into the the game. Don't make me put up with that until at least after KH3, Nomura.

Also bad romances, out of nowhere and shoehorned in, except for the mandatory Sokai I already know it'll have, and even then keep it minimal. If they do any romance it better be subtle and believable/developed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I guess the floaty for me only started to be a problem after the youtubers complaining about(I played all games in the highest difficult), and when i saw sora after a jump hanging in the air for a while in the premiere review soraalam1 did. Altough the gameplay you showed seens like he does not do that anymore
I didn’t mind how 0.2 played, I enjoy the combat in that, but to my eyes Sora drops down right after his combo ends. Some people complained in that thread about it so idk.

Also important to note that the controllers at the premiere event weren’t all that good. Master Spockanort notes that there was a lot of input lag which might have contributed to the floaty worries.

Personally, the only issue with the combat was how fast the enemies died, and that’s all because of the difficulty. Nomura is considering more enemy mobs which is a positive for me. But yeah, that was my only complaint, I loved the combat :D

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I'm with Swoosh and Chaser from the latest information we got from Kingdom Hearts III, I'm very confident with the way it's looking right now from gameplay and Design. The Disney worlds in KH3 have come a LONG way from their previous appearances and feel more connected to the KH Plot like the original Disney worlds back in the first game instead of having them be just filler back in KH2 (except Beast's Castle and Space Paranoids).

The only fears, well technically they are more on the nitpick side I have for Kingdom Hearts III it are the following things:

1. Character Death(s): Okay, I expecting character deaths not just from Xehanort and some of the Seekers of Darkness but also some major characters that will be up against the darknesses in the final chapter of the Xehanort Saga. I'm hoping that the deaths won't feel forced or a complete cop-out cause killing off say Sora or Kairi won't drive the plot forward development wise and feel anti-climatic.
  2. One of the Seekers betraying Xehanort and reveal that he is the Mastermind of the entire events.
  3. Master Xehanort not being killed by Sora.
  4. People not buying the game because of a certain world (e.g. Frozen, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh) being in the game and complaining if their favorite movie (e.g. Atlantis) is not featured as a world.
  5. The game's ending being bittersweet
  6. Camera angle being wonky during gameplay, especially during Boss Fights

Isn't Disney Castle considered an original world? I don't think it would take up a spot from another Disney film
Depends on how they see Disney Castle. Frankly, I'm in between if Disney Castle is a Disney World, an Original world, or both, cause some people are unsure about the EXACT number of Disney worlds in KH2 as they rotate between 12 or 11. If Kingdom Hearts III is going to have less Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts II it's more than likely the total number would be 10 Disney worlds so only 3 more left to be announced.

Biggest fear is that KH3 will just be a carbon copy of KH2;

-overly flashy and shallow gameplay with no challenge

-main plot mostly avoided and forgotten about except for big dumps of it at the beginning and end

-Disney worlds feeling like filler with barely any of the main plot or story involved

-important side characters and their whereabouts/journeys barely shown for the bulk of the game

-and next to no development for Sora.

I say this because gameplay wise it's already KH2-esque, and I'm hoping the rest of the game won't follow KH2's suit.

Besides that I'm worried Chi's/UX whatever's elements will leech into the the game. Don't make me put up with that until at least after KH3, Nomura.

Also bad romances, out of nowhere and shoehorned in, except for the mandatory Sokai I already know it'll have, and even then keep it minimal. If they do any romance it better be subtle and believable/developed.
I doubt that KH3 will be just like KH2 all over again in terms of gameplay aesthetics and story, I mean the game has come a long way from its initial start and the development team have learned there mistakes with how they handled the worlds levels back in Kingdom Hearts II. On top of that, the majority of the Disney/Pixar worlds especially the ones that are retelling the film's plot (Tangled, Frozen, Pirates) feel more connected to the KH story narrative and expand upon the plot of the worlds so they don't act like filler.

I hope it, hope acre wood doesnt count neither
I don't see your logic with what you said. 100 Acre wood isn't a full-fledged world it's actually a world-within a world (Space Paranoids, Timeless River) and from the recent interviews the worlds aren't skippable. As to what role 100 Acre Wood would play it remains to be seen, but it's either a small mini-game world or be just like the Command Board feature back in BBS.

no doubt we’ll be able to go into Arendelle itself and maybe buy some fish for Remy 8D.
Might I suggest, Carrots? :tongue:
giphy.gif

mytomxxx

I didn’t mind how 0.2 played, I enjoy the combat in that, but to my eyes Sora drops down right after his combo ends. Some people complained in that thread about it so idk.

Also important to note that the controllers at the premiere event weren’t all that good. Master Spockanort notes that there was a lot of input lag which might have contributed to the floaty worries.

Personally, the only issue with the combat was how fast the enemies died, and that’s all because of the difficulty. Nomura is considering more enemy mobs which is a positive for me. But yeah, that was my only complaint, I loved the combat :D

I guess that's nothing to worry to much, Nomura stated that they are working in the combat mechanings till the end of the dev. But deep in my heart I fear that i don't like kh3 combat as much as I like kh2 combat, but for me is more a irrational worry than anything else, cause I'm not a specialist at mechanics, then I relly on people who play super well. I don't really now why KH2 feels so good, the most fun I got from the game was playing lvl 1, I wish KH3 to be the same in this point, being fun as hell playing lvl1 CM.

I don't see your logic with what you said. 100 Acre wood isn't a full-fledged world it's actually a world-within a world (Space Paranoids, Timeless River) and from the recent interviews the worlds aren't skippable. As to what role 100 Acre Wood would play it remains to be seen, but it's either a small mini-game world or be just like the Command Board feature back in BBS.

I never counted Pooh's world as a entire world, but I saw someone saying and got me worried as well. So if doesnt count as a world and then we have another 2~3 world to be announced, wich is great for me.

Another fear is not being able to beat the 13 data True org hehe.

horto12485

Awards
I'm with Swoosh and Chaser from the latest information we got from Kingdom Hearts III, I'm very confident with the way it's looking right now from gameplay and Design. The Disney worlds in KH3 have come a LONG way from their previous appearances and feel more connected to the KH Plot like the original Disney worlds back in the first game instead of having them be just filler back in KH2 (except Beast's Castle and Space Paranoids).

The only fears, well technically they are more on the nitpick side I have for Kingdom Hearts III it are the following things:

1. Character Death(s): Okay, I expecting character deaths not just from Xehanort and some of the Seekers of Darkness but also some major characters that will be up against the darknesses in the final chapter of the Xehanort Saga. I'm hoping that the deaths won't feel forced or a complete cop-out cause killing off say Sora or Kairi won't drive the plot forward development wise and feel anti-climatic.
  2. One of the Seekers betraying Xehanort and reveal that he is the Mastermind of the entire events.
  3. Master Xehanort not being killed by Sora.
  4. People not buying the game because of a certain world (e.g. Frozen, Pirates, Winnie the Pooh) being in the game and complaining if their favorite movie (e.g. Atlantis) is not featured as a world.
  5. The game's ending being bittersweet
  6. Camera angle being wonky during gameplay, especially during Boss Fights

Depends on how they see Disney Castle. Frankly, I'm in between if Disney Castle is a Disney World, an Original world, or both, cause some people are unsure about the EXACT number of Disney worlds in KH2 as they rotate between 12 or 11. If Kingdom Hearts III is going to have less Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts II it's more than likely the total number would be 10 Disney worlds so only 3 more left to be announced.

I doubt that KH3 will be just like KH2 all over again in terms of gameplay aesthetics and story, I mean the game has come a long way from its initial start and the development team have learned there mistakes with how they handled the worlds levels back in Kingdom Hearts II. On top of that, the majority of the Disney/Pixar worlds especially the ones that are retelling the film's plot (Tangled, Frozen, Pirates) feel more connected to the KH story narrative and expand upon the plot of the worlds so they don't act like filler.

Might I suggest, Carrots? :tongue:
giphy.gif

Um about that Disney Castle is an Disney Original World that is not based on any Disney Movie or Show so yeah.

Meow Wow

Awards
Currently, my biggest fear is all of the forced camera angles we've been seeing so far.

I don't want to be playing than have the camera detract away from where I had it just because I went into a form or did a certain move. I feel like that can especially be an issue during a boss fight, where you have to keep an eye on the boss. Having the camera go out of your control can literally be what causes you to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back