• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What are you your fears for Kingdom Hearts III?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Might I suggest, Carrots? :tongue:
giphy.gif
Does anyone else see Sven biting off a lot of carrot, but then the carrot grows large enough for Kristoph to eat?

Megavoltage

Awards
A couple things worry me.

I fear that TAV's contribution to the plot will just be Norted boss battles for Sora to beat up then they get purified at the very end without having a chance to help much in the final struggle. Or something similar happening to them like Kairi in the Xemnas confrontation of KH2, TAV wanting to help with an important fight but then a door closes. After the pure hell they’ve been through TAV deserve to have a cool moment and to strike an important blow against Xehanort but I’m getting a bad feeling.

I also fear KH3 being a bloated and unfocused mess. Nomura apparently wanted to bring in every single Dream Eater as a summon and is having trouble fitting the game on disc when we’re several months away from release. Sounds troubling.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I feel like I'm an outsider when I say this, but much of everyone's worries don't worry me that much. Floaty combat? Well, I appreciate BbS more than KHII so it probably won't be an issue since apparently BbS has floaty combat which I didn't even notice. KHII level style over substance combat? Well considering without all that style (which you only get towards the of the game anyway) the game becomes slow, I wouldn't mind it since at least that'll mean you'll get to do some cool stuff at the onset rather than having to end up being unversitle throughout much of the game. Game length and plot significance? Well this is something that can't be gleaned from trailers so the jury's still out on that one.

No, the number one complaint I have about KHIII is the character placement. Oh. My. God. Like I've noticed in certain environments, especially outside Andy's House, it doesn't look like Sora is firmly planted on the ground. Almost like his like a centimeter above the gravel. Hopefully, they tweak this because if this persists into other areas, we might have some... interesting issues...

KeybladeGuy

Awards
My only fears are being unable to save Aqua

and Kairi somehow ending up a Nort vessel

dianted

Awards
1) No character deaths. I expect most, if not all, of the 13 to die and I am okay with that- but I feel like at least two "good" guys need to die. One heroic sacrifice I can allow, but when that's the only death, it feels sort of cop out-y. Lea, Ventus, Terra, and Riku could all have interesting ways to go out, while even a Disney character like Yen Sid could easily die or fade or whatever and that would be interesting, too, especially if Xehanort had something to do with it.

2) Riku being the only other playable character. I love playing as Riku, but 3/4 games Sora was playable, so was Riku, and I want KH3 to introduce someone brand-new playwise, like Kairi or Eraqus. It seems like he will be playable, and I'm okay with that, I just don't want to see him be the only non-Sora player.

3) TAV being screwed over too much. Terra's been "possessed" for 10+ years, Aqua's been stuck in the realm of darkness for 10+ years, Ventus has been in a coma for 10+ years. Other characters have had their fair share of trauma, too, but I feel like TAV deserve a break. I can see why one or two of them would be Norted, they're the easiest candidates, but I want them to be saved and to be helpful and to also meet the rest of the characters and be relevant in a way that isn't "I need to be saved" or "I'm evil now." Aqua being Norted is definitely dramatic and interesting, but when you think about how she had to deal with losing both of her best friends and all of the stuff she's been through in the RoD, it feels like she's been screwed over one too many times (at least for the time being).

4) Kairi being irrelevant. She's one of the original trio and she's been sidelined or absent practically the entire series. It's time she becomes important. I feel her role as a Guardian and PoH could be an interesting route to take with empowerment and/or leadership. She also needs to establish more connections with the other Lights, but more importantly the Darknesses to warrant her fighting and being around. (Also a huge campaigner to have her be playable. just please)

5) Exposition dumps. Self-explanatory.

6) The New PoH not having a huge cutscene together. Having Anna and Rapunzel or whoever else interact with each other would be so much fun and they should take advantage of it if they're allowed to!

7) The final battle not being grand enough. I want characters (good and bad) to die, and I would like for some characters who live to have physical changes, like losing a signature piece of their outfit or getting a scar on their face- something like that. I want huge clashes in boss battle form and to watch some of it unfold in cutscenes, and I'd like to play as many of the seven as they can afford.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Biggest fear is that KH3 will just be a carbon copy of KH2;

-overly flashy and shallow gameplay with no challenge

-main plot mostly avoided and forgotten about except for big dumps of it at the beginning and end

-Disney worlds feeling like filler with barely any of the main plot or story involved

-important side characters and their whereabouts/journeys barely shown for the bulk of the game

-and next to no development for Sora.

I say this because gameplay wise it's already KH2-esque, and I'm hoping the rest of the game won't follow KH2's suit.

Besides that I'm worried Chi's/UX whatever's elements will leech into the the game. Don't make me put up with that until at least after KH3, Nomura.

Also bad romances, out of nowhere and shoehorned in, except for the mandatory Sokai I already know it'll have, and even then keep it minimal. If they do any romance it better be subtle and believable/developed.

KH2 has a much better degree of combat depth and challenge than any other KH game. Do any research and this will become obvious.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
KH2 has a much better degree of combat depth and challenge than any other KH game. Do any research and this will become obvious.

I don't know. I don't think anyone's mentioned that viewpoint. It's probably an obscure opinion.

(Nobody come for me, this is a joke)

redcrown

Awards

Either a bad joke or pompous debate dick measuring our forefathers died to abolish.

Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Either a bad joke or pompous debate dick measuring our forefathers died to abolish.

[video]https://youtu.be/RYnmwCoYWBc[/video]

Stuck on a phone at this time. While I'd love to elaborate my own thoughts on KH2's combat, I think the above video is pretty good; relevant stuff happens at 23 minutes.

Definitely not joking about KH2's battle design, nor am I 'dick measuring', I just know that there are a lot of misconceptions about KH2 that I had in the past and have since gained new insight on. Calling the game shallow is demonstratably false; more systems are at play in this game than in any other in the franchise. Preferences are preferences, but shallowness is far from KH2's plight.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
KH II has layers. One can go from winning by mashing X and Triangle to craft different combinations and strats that require the usage of nearly every tool the game offers you.
And more importantly, you can combine said tools with each other, such as using Limits while in Drive Form and the like. This especially is a milestone even modern games struggle to achieve. Also watching speedrun strats on how to use Summons properly is something I'd recommend anyone.
Bosses are also fairly programmed for the most part (and randomizers showed even when screwed up the game mantains a functioning shape)

KH II drops the ball on a lot of stuff, but its gameplay is top notch in terms of diversity and complexity.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I guess one fear would be if they show more original characters and they’re all in plaid. I really want the plaid to stop because it’s awful on characters like Riku and makes little sense why HPO would suddenly all be rocking plaid as well.
Seriously. Having more characters fall to plaidness needs to stop. The amount of black is also crazy. As a whole, the outfits we've seen so far irks me. Being someone who loves character designing, let me tell ya'll something; don't make all your characters dress like they all go to the same store, and if they just so happen to have gotten their clothes from the same place, make sure it's something they'ed actually wear and you're not just copying another character's fashion sense. The problem with Riku's outfit is, instead of designing something he'd wear and THEN reference Sora's to put cohesion between the two, it's "how can I fit Sora's clothes on Riku?"

And then we have Olette and Hayner, who both wear red plaid with black like Sora, and the fact HPO are wearing the exact same clothes but different colors/patterns also bugs me.

Does anyone else see Sven biting off a lot of carrot, but then the carrot grows large enough for Kristoph to eat?
Kristoph is secretly a wizard.

Kairi is a Princess of Heart, how can she be Norted when she cannot fall to darkness?
This made me think of something. So the recent interviews mention that the original PoH are not anymore and the title/power moved to new broads, with Kairi being the only one of the original to keep her PoHness, right? So there's the potential that Kairi could lose her title at some point.

Last edited:

Megavoltage

Awards
This made me think of something. So the recent interviews mention that the original PoH are not anymore and the title/power moved to new broads, with Kairi being the only one of the original to her PoHness, right? So there's the potential that Kairi could lose her title at some point.
That... oh, jeez! Imagine Sora and Riku having to fight Norted Kairi. Sad stuff.

KingOfHearts

Game balance/flair over substance in combat.

Osaka team has had issues with game balance since they started KH games. There's always a most powerful options that's best in 99% of situations. The only exception to this is 0.2, but with attraction flow costing nothing in KH3, it concerns me that it will be overpowered. I hope it works differently on higher difficulties.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
- Riku dying. Somebody mentioned this elsewhere, and now I’m spooked. If a "good" guy has to die, let it be Lea or Ventus. Or even Terra/Xion, I could deal with.

- That we won't return to the Radiant Garden castle AGAIN. The best world in KH1, and it's reappeared in nearly every game in the series, and we've never re-visited the castle or the rising falls once (well, CoM and Coded technically, as rehashes, but it wasn't really the same...). Jeez, this isn't complex.

- The FF characters being ignored. I'm talking about Squall, Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Cid, and Seifer specifically. YRP were alright in KH2 and it would be cute to see them up to antics in RG, but if they disappeared, I wouldn't be bothered about it. I almost don't want Vivi to appear again; that was awful. They don't need to introduce new FF characters (although I still wish Quistis could be added to the RG group), just do a little something with the ones already there.

- Maleficent keeps spinning her wheels in a C plot the whole game. And she's still a joke like in KH2...

- World specific fears: We won't enter either Elsa's ice palace or the Arendelle castle.... Wouldn't surprise me considering we've never got to go inside the palace in Agrabah either, which is a real shame. No tournaments in Olympus. I'm just assuming there will be, but we don't have confirmation about them yet, do we? That Roz and Waternoose won't appear in Monstropolis. That we won't fight Hans, Zurg, Davy Jones/The Kraken, and/or Mother Gothel in their respective worlds, instead to be replaced by Org members or Heartless.... *rolls eyes*

- The last Disney world(s) to be revealed is/are Pixar movies. :/

- Another delay.

- Sokai. It feels inevitable, but still... Bleh. Just hope they don't sell it too hard 'cause I ain't never buying into it.

1. Killing off a bunch of possessed or misunderstood characters. This includes everyone except for MX, & Ansem TSOD maybe also Xemnas. Killing of the other possessed members would have me truly upset, and would give me a reason to not like the (so called) heroes of the series.
I agree with this, except I would throw Braig on the pile, too. He was in on nearly all of it from the beginning, wasn’t he? He’s not redeemable, imo.

I don’t mind if the Apprentices and Isa get redemptions, just because they aren’t really worse than Lea to me. I guess part of me just wants to keep Even, Dilan, Ienzo, and Isa around to interact with Squall and co. though….

30 mins of cutscene before I get to play
I could take 30 minutes. Just not another 2-3 hr prologue.

Biggest fear is that KH3 will just be a carbon copy of KH2;

-overly flashy and shallow gameplay with no challenge

-main plot mostly avoided and forgotten about except for big dumps of it at the beginning and end

-Disney worlds feeling like filler with barely any of the main plot or story involved

-important side characters and their whereabouts/journeys barely shown for the bulk of the game

-and next to no development for Sora.

I say this because gameplay wise it's already KH2-esque, and I'm hoping the rest of the game won't follow KH2's suit.
I'm especially leery of the return of Drive Forms and Reaction Commands. I'd rather KH3 be closer to 3D and 0.2, and as little like KH2 as possible. (Limits are fine. Everything else can DIAF.) I'm not worried about challenging gameplay and filler Disney worlds anymore though. Going by everything we've seen of the worlds so far, they've learned their lesson on those two points.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
That we won't fight Hans, Zurg, Davy Jones/The Kraken, and/or Mother Gothel in their respective worlds, instead to be replaced by Org members or Heartless....
Nomura confirmed in an interview that Davy Jones will be a boss in the game, which I'm happy about since I was initially concerned Nomura would pull a CLU on Davy Jones, given how he treated the Disney villains in DDD.

Here's to hope Nomura has learned his lesson and mistakes from DDD on how he treats the Disney villains in KH3 and have them be fought as bosses instead of making them complete jokes just like he did it with Frollo and Especially CLU.

Still, I definitely want to fight Hans and Randall in the game.

Laurel

Awards
I suppose my biggest fear is that the ending won't be satisfying. This is the end of the saga so it would be annoying if there are still questions left unanswered, or more convoluted things that won't be discussed until the next installment.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh, I just thought of a fear! My gay fear is that they don't change how we run up walls. Right now it's either straight up or horizontal, and you have to keep holding the left analogue stick in the direction that you are moving. I kept getting caught up in the demo because I would tap the stick in the direction I wanted to go and thought Sora would keep running but he just drops.

So yeah, I'd like to be able to just flick the stick and have Sora continue to run that way, and maybe flicking the stick down means you can hop off the wall.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
- Sokai. It feels inevitable, but still... Bleh. Just hope they don't sell it too hard 'cause I ain't never buying into it.

Curious, why is it "bleh" for you? Sora and Kairi is the most existent romance unconditionally, without complications. Childhood friends who like, like each other. I guess perhaps, its because romance isn't a main factor in the series, and the two characters that exhibit it the most still don't have it emphasized enough in the story. KH is very much so not a romance. Though, I think its buyable simply because its the most simplest, straight forward one shown, no?

Though, if what you mean is due to it being unfulfilling, then yea, I feel that. Very much so could be more developed, even without making KH a "romance", know what I mean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back