• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What would genuinely surprise you in this entry?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Why are people forgetting that she's training with Lea and Merlin? I get it, she's severely under-developed, but you can't pretend that she's non-existent for this game too. She's training in Radiant Garden, her original home. I can also guarantee that she'll probably be also talking to the other former Organization XIII members like Ienzo and Aeleaus too.

Outside of Sora, Kairi's actually got the most going for her right now in terms of development.

People are afraid that they won't show actually her until 3/4 of the game and use the excuse that she was busy training to not mention her or show her.

shady543

Awards
People are afraid that they won't show actually her until 3/4 of the game and use the excuse that she was busy training to not mention her or show her.

This pretty much. And as it is we still don't know what her outfit looks like and HPO's outfits got shown before hers. >.>

I also swear I heard somewhere that although Kairi is part of the 'trio' of two major characters, she isn't a major character herself. But I can't find where I heard that for the life of me.

Don't get me wrong though, I do want to believe you guys because boy do I want Kairi to have a bigger role. I get that she is training with Lea so she CAN fight, but would that still be enough to make her major, considering we have a huge list of characters who can fight but aren't major characters? And I personally don't see why being able to fight suddenly makes you more important or a better character, especially with female characters, but eh.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

However, we know she’s training with Lea who was training in a place where time flows differently so that he could train much faster. So more than likely, she is training in the same location which will explain why she has gotten so good early on. I’m sure people will complain about her catching up too fast, but it’s a way for them to get her and Lea up to par so that they’re actual adventure can start early on.

I think we’ll jump into their story either as they’re wrapping up their training or when they’re like halfway through and something forces them to jump into the real action with Kairi having to learn the rest as she goes like Sora did. It seems pretty logical that she and Lea will be the focus of the third subplot of the game, so I’m not worried they won’t show her her until the last act.

Meow Wow

Awards
You know what would surprise me.

If Sora's mom doesn't show up angry as heck at Sora. Or if she showed up at all. I mean, they neglected her this long!

Soras mom would most likely not be mad at Sora for coming home(in kh3). Some time has passed between games. If anything she should be more worried/emotional around Sora whenever he has to leave. After all, no good mom would actually be ok with her child risking their life every day.

I would be surprised and/or upset if you don't get to explore Destiny Islands at all. Like, c'mon. That's way past due by now.

shady543

Awards
Its strange the way parents are dealt with, because they get mentioned but act like they don't even exist at the same time lol.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
And I personally don't see why being able to fight suddenly makes you more important or a better character, especially with female characters, but eh.

I mean considering how the games have a focus on protecting the worlds and taking on a powerful enemy, people want her to fight so she's not left behind. No one's saying that will suddenly fix her character, but people want her to fight so she's engaged in the conflict and with the other characters. Otherwise she's not going to be getting much screentime with everything on KH3's plate. And in-game Kairi has already expressed the desire to not be left behind anymore, to fight alongside Riku and Sora, and help stop Xehanort. They very much need her to fight to be able to do those things.

However, we know she’s training with Lea who was training in a place where time flows differently so that he could train much faster. So more than likely, she is training in the same location which will explain why she has gotten so good early on. I’m sure people will complain about her catching up too fast, but it’s a way for them to get her and Lea up to par so that they’re actual adventure can start early on.

I think we’ll jump into their story either as they’re wrapping up their training or when they’re like halfway through and something forces them to jump into the real action with Kairi having to learn the rest as she goes like Sora did. It seems pretty logical that she and Lea will be the focus of the third subplot of the game, so I’m not worried they won’t show her her until the last act.

I mean, yeah, hypothetically there's a hundreds ways they could go. I was just saying that people are afraid they'll find some way to shove Kairi and/or Lea off-screen no matter how fast they finish training. With all the Organization members, Disney plots, the friends they need to bring back, and possible Chi plots, there's a lot going on that people are worried they'll even have a 1/3 of the game for their subplot. It's really hard to say without even seeing her at this point, which is making people worried (which probably means nothing one way or another).

ImVentus

Awards
If they decided to let the (bad guys) live at the end of the game. Aside from MX & Young Master Xehanort.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I would genuinely be surprised if:

♦ Vanitas changes sides for solid personal reasons and Sora & Co. welcome him among the heroes and heroines, after he's had the chance to prove his change of heart. In short: Vanitas wouldn't be portrayed an a brainless impulsive evil bad boi.
♦ Kairi would kick some serious ass as a real action girl. I assume she is an important character, but damn, make her stand out like MCU's Okoye, Nakia, Black Widow, heck even Peggy Carter who stood out so much in just one Captain America movie and gained my admiration for eternity.
♦ Xehanort has a change of heart and joins the side of Light, becoming all good and forgiven and stuff. THIS WOULD BE A HORRIBLE IDEA, I don't want this kind of thing with the cruel bald bastard
♦ Nobodies indeed will separate from their Somebodies and continue their lives as Roxas, Axel, Saix, not inside Sora/Lea/Isa and stuff like that.
♦ any Marvel character appears in KH3. As a fan, that would be awesome for me at least

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
And the 13th Darkness also turns out to wield the Soul Stone.

comment_FMWfX4HqdMTt8yYwdyFXfMEuSgGsp0K3.gif
ok now this is by far the best one
The 13th Darkness being Thanos. Imagine a huuuge massive Black Coat figure, bigger than Lexaeus and Hercules together... ugh

shady543

Awards
insert an infinity war death meme here

I mean considering how the games have a focus on protecting the worlds and taking on a powerful enemy, people want her to fight so she's not left behind. No one's saying that will suddenly fix her character, but people want her to fight so she's engaged in the conflict and with the other characters. Otherwise she's not going to be getting much screentime with everything on KH3's plate. And in-game Kairi has already expressed the desire to not be left behind anymore, to fight alongside Riku and Sora, and help stop Xehanort. They very much need her to fight to[ be able to do those things.

I was actually thinking more in terms of a general view, where people tend to prefer characters who can fight over one's that cant in fiction, especially with female characters, and its a pretty big reason why Aqua is so popular. But you do have a point; it depends on what universe the characters are in. I still personally think that Kairi can help out in other ways that aren't fighting, but yeah it does kind of suck to not see her with Sora and Riku in the final, and the only way for her to truly be there is if she could fight. >.>

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
one that would surpise if they do chrno trigger like ending where they travel by ship and pass by the worlds
[video=youtube;VARJiYx0JUQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VARJiYx0JUQ[/video] or if sora doesn't get hit by the frying pan from rapnzel

Last edited:

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Vanitas changes sides for solid personal reasons and Sora & Co. welcome him among the heroes and heroines, after he's had the chance to prove his change of heart. In short: Vanitas wouldn't be portrayed an a brainless impulsive evil bad boi.

I'd actually like to see them do something more with him, and I wonder if anything will come of the few hints they've dropped and the content of the novels.

I was actually thinking more in terms of a general view, where people tend to prefer characters who can fight over one's that cant in fiction, especially with female characters, and its a pretty big reason why Aqua is so popular. But you do have a point; it depends on what universe the characters are in. I still personally think that Kairi can help out in other ways that aren't fighting, but yeah it does kind of suck to not see her with Sora and Riku in the final, and the only way for her to truly be there is if she could fight. >.>

Ah, I see. Well, a majority of video games and superheroes are based around male characters that people want to see women in different roles and be fighters and saviors or villains, instead of love interests. That might be part of it, or just that if it's an action-heavy story, they want to see women taking an active part and not just being a victim, an outsider, or the brains behind a desk, because those are very typical roles for women.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
In terms for Disney Worlds, I'd be genuinely surprised if:
- Atlantis appeared as a world
- The Jungle Book doesn't make an appearance in this title AGAIN.
- If we get a third Pixar world after
Toy Stoy and Monster's Inc., like The Incredibles or Wall-E?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back