• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When will 2.5 be announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs96er

I need it most. Cause Aqu- er BBS on ps3~
Though it will be nice to finally play through kh2fm without needing guides for language. xD
birth by sleep had the best plot in the series so far in my opinion i want to play it on my PS3 so bad

Square2

Awards
I was really hoping they would announce 2.5 at this past TGS, but deep down I felt like it'd be announced later, like at D23 expo in October. Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but I remember Nomura saying he wanted to wait for D23 to announce something new, whether it be KH3 or 2.5, because it's a big deal being the first one and actually having KH there. Still, fingers crossed! I know that once it's announced, I'm going to jump out of my pants, squealing.

Gram

Banned
Awards
birth by sleep had the best plot in the series so far in my opinion i want to play it on my PS3 so bad

While I dont think it had the best I still rank it high, couldn't agree more with you~

But it was so worth it. Best game I've ever played hands down. Kingdom Hearts II is incredible, but the additions added in Final MIx are to die for. Can't wait to play it on PS3 and in ENGLISH. Having to memorize the kanji for each thing in the game was rather difficult. To this day, I'm still baffled that I beat Terra without having any clue what my Command menu said because it was completely in Japanese.
lol I know your pain, I had to print off a guide to translate everything. Though after a point I had memorized what does what, though I kept a small sheet of what abilities I didn't equip.

Awards
I'm sure it will be announced at D23. KH3 was just announced at e3 a few months ago, and the fact that SE was invited to the Disney expo probably made them wanna save the announcement of 2.5 for it so they can actually make an impact there.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure it will be announced at D23. KH3 was just announced at e3 a few months ago, and the fact that SE was invited to the Disney expo probably made them wanna save the announcement of 2.5 for it so they can actually make an impact there.
Nomura : Regarding D23 Expo Japan, this is the first time that Disney holds such an event outside the U.S., so it is a great honor for us to be invited. I’m very happy that we have the opportunity to hold a special conference for KINGDOM HEARTS. I really want to make a surprise announcement for this event but it is currently under discussion, so we’ll see (laughs). Since we announced KINGDOM HEARTS III at E3, we cannot make another announcement for anything but the same game. Hopefully you will see soon enough

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

But the focus of their one hour panel is on the development of the series and KH3. Between 5 guests, 4 of which have never attended a Kingdom Hearts event before, 11 years' worth of stories to share, and all those questions from Square Enix Members, 2.5 would either be overshadowed by the other content or steal the glory, neither of which is a good outcome.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
But the focus of their one hour panel is on the development of the series and KH3. Between 5 guests, 4 of which have never attended a Kingdom Hearts event before, 11 years' worth of stories to share, and all those questions from Square Enix Members, 2.5 would either be overshadowed by the other content or steal the glory, neither of which is a good outcome.
Agreed. When they announce 2.5, it will be at a time when little to nothing else in the series will be present. Even news needs room to breathe.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I remember when KH2FM was announced and I was so blown away by it that I went through hell to play it. Importing the game from Japan, buying a kit that would crack the language barrier on my PS2, installing the kit, using the software disc to trick my PS2 into thinking that KH2FM was an English game, etc.

But it was so worth it. Best game I've ever played hands down. Kingdom Hearts II is incredible, but the additions added in Final MIx are to die for. Can't wait to play it on PS3 and in ENGLISH. Having to memorize the kanji for each thing in the game was rather difficult. To this day, I'm still baffled that I beat Terra without having any clue what my Command menu said because it was completely in Japanese.

Ahhh yess. So many additions to name. Can't wait to finally play around in Sora and gang's Christmas outfits and listen to the music Yoko specifically composed for Christmas Town.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'm pretty positive that it WON'T be D23. I mean, they only have an hour, so if they just mentioned it offhand like: "Oh, by the way; KH2.5 is comin out and it'll have KH2FM, BBSFM, and cinematic Re:Coded, kthanx :D" people would start asking questions like crazy. Even if they announced it at the beginning or the end, there's just not enough time. I'm not even gonna pretend to get my hopes up.

Sitting pretty and eagerly awaiting Jump Festa.

teatimed

I'd say a D23 in October hopefully. I'd just be happy to know what games they're packaging in :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ahhh yess. So many additions to name. Can't wait to finally play around in Sora and gang's Christmas outfits and listen to the music Yoko specifically composed for Christmas Town.

It may be odd to say but I can honestly blurt out that those Xmas outfits was probably my fave addition. x'D

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I love the costumes, especially in KH2. Sora is a vampire with a pumpkin mask! And other things, too. Anti-Forme is super creepy, there! XD
But I've always wondered; if Sora is a vampire in Halloweentown, is he LITERALLY a vampire, there? Donald's midsection is missing, and Goofy has a screw through his head. Sora's fangs are probly real, too. The colors make his eyes stand out :3

His Christmastown outfit is awesome~

Gram

Banned
Awards
I love the costumes, especially in KH2. Sora is a vampire with a pumpkin mask! And other things, too. Anti-Forme is super creepy, there! XD
But I've always wondered; if Sora is a vampire in Halloweentown, is he LITERALLY a vampire, there? Donald's midsection is missing, and Goofy has a screw through his head. Sora's fangs are probly real, too. The colors make his eyes stand out :3

His Christmastown outfit is awesome~
I'd say he's not a real vampire otherwise goofy would be a real reindeer in his xmas town look. xD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
What I really can't wait to experience on my own is the data rematch of the Organization's CO crew. Beefed-up difficulty, and voiced in English!

Marluxia has some badass, hammy as heck battle quotes in Re:CoM, Larxene and Vexen are creepy in a good way, and Zexion's condescending quotes are good. Can't say much about Lexaeus, though.

But above all, Roxas' boss fight and its soundtrack being done with real instruments. That'd be just eye- and eargasmic.

136199Goat

What I really can't wait to experience on my own is the data rematch of the Organization's CO crew. Beefed-up difficulty, and voiced in English!

Marluxia has some badass, hammy as heck battle quotes in Re:CoM, Larxene and Vexen are creepy in a good way, and Zexion's condescending quotes are good. Can't say much about Lexaeus, though.

But above all, Roxas' boss fight and its soundtrack being done with real instruments. That'd be just eye- and eargasmic.

As much as I'd love to hear them replace the Japanese battle quotes of the CO members with the English voices, I doubt SE would simply on account of them being too lazy. After all, how simple would it have been to replace the Lance Bass Sephiroth voice clips in KH for the 1.5 remix? They did nothing there. I suspect we'll be getting the same Japanese voices for KH2 in 2.5. At least we'll at last have our chance to fight the CO members at all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As much as I'd love to hear them replace the Japanese battle quotes of the CO members with the English voices, I doubt SE would simply on account of them being too lazy. After all, how simple would it have been to replace the Lance Bass Sephiroth voice clips in KH for the 1.5 remix? They did nothing there. I suspect we'll be getting the same Japanese voices for KH2 in 2.5. At least we'll at last have our chance to fight the CO members at all.

You can't compare not replacing the original KH audio with not bringing back the voice actors to record the new Final Mix scenes. The two are completely different situations.

136199Goat

You can't compare not replacing the original KH audio with not bringing back the voice actors to record the new Final Mix scenes. The two are completely different situations.
They didn't bring back David Gallagher to record English dialog for the new FM scenes with Riku :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They didn't bring back David Gallagher to record English dialog for the new FM scenes with Riku :/

That was different. The scenes weren't voiced in Japanese so they didn't voice them in English. The KH2FM scenes are ALL voiced in Japanese and silent in English. To keep it matching, they will most certainly record those lines.

136199Goat

That was different. The scenes weren't voiced in Japanese so they didn't voice them in English. The KH2FM scenes are ALL voiced in Japanese and silent in English. To keep it matching, they will most certainly record those lines.
Hm... you have a point there. However, either my memory fails me, or there weren't any FM scenes with Lexaeus, Marluxia, or Larxene in them... so what about their absent silhouettes' battle quotes? Would be odd to have the others with English lines, yet have them remain in Japanese.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hm... you have a point there. However, either my memory fails me, or there weren't any FM scenes with Lexaeus, Marluxia, or Larxene in them... so what about their absent silhouettes' battle quotes? Would be odd to have the others with English lines, yet have them remain in Japanese.

It should be a given that if they're going to record the new scenes in English, they'll either record new battle cries or reuse the ones from Re:CoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back