• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where do you think KH3 will rank in your favorite KH games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enturax

Awards
Gameplay-wise it can be one of the best, unless it'll consist too much on QTE and button mashing, which is VERY possible, from what we've seen.

Content-wise, it should be great or even the best (if they won't force us to buy DLCs or grind too much).

Story-wise, I dunno, I'm only a little excited because it's clear to me that reusing Vanitas and other characters is made mostly for fanservice purposes and I doubt that their uniqueness will be adapted into this game properly enough.

Atmosphere-wise, I don't see Nomura pulling off another KH2's Twillight Town and Roxas' mysterious/melancholic story, KH1's Destiny Islands or Radiant Garden. Square/Disney seems to be focusing on wider (too wide, if you ask me) audiences, because of which KH3 may feel very different from what the series used to be, especially because of the new engine and "modern" Disney worlds in it. (I did like 0.2's locations, thou).

So it should take 3rd or 4th place, at worst. All I know is that it can't be worse than Coded or DDD. While neither of them had bad gameplay, nearly everything else about them was a let down. That includes difficulty level. Still, they weren't a bad games, just weak KH titles. It also can't be worse than Re:CoM because of the card mechanics and tons of repetitive room griding. Pretty much only bosses required NOT to spam triangle, triangle, triangle.

Last edited:

Enturax

Awards
even if kh3 turn out to be better then all kh games, many people still will prefer older kh games cause of nostalgia but ofc there's nothing wrong with that:)

You can't messure ATMOSPHERE, game's VIBES it gives; that's for sure - so it'd be hard to tell for some people whether they like their fav titles because of nostalgia or because the games actually DID feel better.
Speaking of nostalgia, it's good to feel it, but it's bad to let it decide what's good. People should "use their brains more often" in such cases because they may start whining on a good product and, eventually, make devs change their way of thinking on worse.

wwinterj

I actually like Kingdom Hearts the best as it was something new and fresh. The story was simple and I didn't know too much about the game before it came out. Back then all I had was magazines and trailers on some discs. On that front I don't expect Kingdom Hearts 3 to top it. Simply because it's still going to be a Kingdom Hearts game thus it'll have what you expect to see in a Kingdom Hearts game.

With all that said though I found Kingdom Hearts 2 had the best gameplay. If I look at it from that prospective Kingdom Hearts 3 certainly has potential to have even better gameplay. Only time will tell if that's the case though.

Awards
I think that it'll get into my top 3, top 5 at least, if it has a good story! And I definitely think it will! Honestly, the more complicated the story, the more I like it. ;)

Scorseselover

If it exceeds in gameplay and is the best (or at least the most tolerable) plot in the series, sorry KHII.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
As long as its above KH2 and Days (which are at the very bottom of my list) I'll be pleased.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
It seems to be taking the best elements from the series and incorporating them, adding new things to enrich the experience, and refining things that could have been improved and making them something unique. Reintroducing drive forms and incorporating them with keyblade transformations, a thing we've only seen versions of in the Lingering Will and the keyblade gliders, was a brilliant move, and I truly am excited for every transformation revealed so far.

Here's my opinion on each thing:

1. Standard keyblade combat - I was afraid that this was going to be terrible, but from what we've seen from it so far it gets better with every trailer. Combos seem to be returning and actually being refined, which is good, since DDD and BbS were absolutely NOT interested in letting you alter your keyblade combos for no good reason.
2. Magic - as OP as it seemed on 0.2, I feel like the new magic system is fun. I really hope that we don't start off with the most powerful version of magic, and that the super magic we unlock is a slow process that works only after we have the -aga versions of spells already. It feels like it'll play more of a role than it has in the past, though. I also love how magic changes with each transformation as well, it really adds a nice touch.
3. Links - now we're talking! These look great so far, with Ariel and Meow Wow being the fully-realized versions of D-Links that we never had until now. Hyped as hell. Also prettyyyyyyyyyyyyy
4. Shortcut menu - 2-3 shortcut menus (forgot how many there are exactly) is a fantastic idea that overflows with convenience. This will be my best friend endgame.
5. Keyblade transformations & Drive Forms - I'm worried about how easy it will be to activate these transformations; will it be like a style change or will it require something else? I don't know the answer to this question, but either way the forms themselves look... fun! I'm excited to discover what each of these do! Also, I cannot stress how brilliant tying Drive Forms and keyblade transformations with each other is.
6. Attraction Flow - as little as we know about it now, I'm very happy to say that the ones we've seen so far look great, if not situational. I see myself liking these, but they admittedly look like they're going to be pushed to the wayside in this game. Oh well, can't have everything.
7. Shotlock - seeing shotlock return makes me happy. Some might feel it is OP, not powerful enough, or just straight-up unbalanced, but I always liked them. Also, having the Shotlock be seemingly keyblade-specific is an exciting new change that is very much welcome with me. And I can't tell you guys how cool Flowchain is turning out to be, it just looks so rad.
8. Rail Sliding - this looks okay. It looks fun, although not that great. It's a small portion of the game, however, so there's not much to say about it.
9. Link Attacks - they pretty much look like limits, and I like limits, so that's fine with me. That Monsters Inc. one looks fun, if not extremely cinematic.
10. Flowmotion - now, I'm not sure how controversial this is with everyone, but here it goes: I hated flowmotion in III. Sure, it was an easy way early game to get a big advantage, and it's saving my ass in my critical mode playthrough so far, but it was extremely unbalanced and it was so odd that you got EVERY. FLOWMOTION. ATTACK in the beginning of the game. In KHIII, it's looking to be a lot more subtle, and it's not that bright purple/pink color that's making me want to vomit. Hopefully this won't be a trainwreck, but I honestly haven't seen much of it so far. I guess that's a good thing, so... compliment? Maybe?

Xeman

Probably first the gameplay appears too be very good in my opinion, and im hoping the story will be more mature and give us some answers.

If they dont hint soraxkairy im gonna be pissed xD

Scorseselover

I know it’s a stupid thing to think about but what if it becomes the Duke Nukem Forever of the Kingdom Hearts series?

shady543

Awards
^ don't jynx it plz :'(

Also I honestly expect it to be my favourite, considering my current favourite is BBS, and that has flaws. So far all KH games have their flaws for me. KH2 was great and I adore Roxas's story but I never liked how the Disney worlds were filler and how main characters were shoved to the end. KH1 was perfect but lacked the awesome combat system. KH3 as it is already looks like the other characters aren't being shoved aside for SDG which is a good thing, so as long as the Disney worlds have more of a purpose this time it will be fine.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I feel that with age my view on what I want out of a kh game has changed in a way. When KH1 and Chain of memories and KH2 came out, there was a real sense of discovery for me because I didn't have such easy access to trailers, magazine scans, interview transcripts, etc. It all sort of began with 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep, and Re:Coded that I started getting access to all this information before the game came out and in my head I was already constructing the flow of the game and seeing what would happen and trying to piece together when those events would happen. I remember when I first played Chain of Memories on my GBA and I was genuinely shocked at seeing Riku on my screen after I beat the game. Reverse Rebirth was a mindscrew that I can't even explain and it was one of the events that cemented me as a fan for life.

In the games that followed KH2, I knew what was to come, the secrets and reveals were there for me in front of a computer screen before the game came to my hands. (I remember specifically being on this forum the very day that 358/2 Days was released in Japan or something because there was a like a forum wide theory thread and the vets on the site were piecing together some theory on who or what Xion was and they were giving us bite sized pieces of their findings and then when the truth was revealed it pretty much proved their theory and people went bonkers). I wanna be clear in saying that this didn't ruin the experience of those games for me per se, it made how I experience them different from KH1, CoM, and KH2.

With KH3 I am trying to get back to the sense of discovery, of not knowing everything before I sit and play. I can't express how having a new numbered KH game and a new theme for Utada Hikaru has reawakened that kid in me that wants to have that magical disney-esque discovery moment with this game. I'm hoping this game blows my mind truthfully, though I'm not trying to set myself up for any sense of disappointment either. I want to receive this game as it is as I did with KH1, CoM, and KH2. I believe in doing so this game has the potential to be my favorite, or at least in the top 3.

side note: I'm currently replaying the entire series and I'm on CoM now. The series is definitely still a joy to experience.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
With 3 closing the series, hopefully in my top 3! In terms of graphics and aesthetics, obviously #1.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
All KH games hold a dearly beloved spot in my heart ;) I'm sure I'll like KH3.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Username: KH3 2018

Hopes: will be disappointed with KH3

Expectations: will be disappointed with KH3

and don't forget
Fears: will be disappointed with KH3
roizq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back