• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where do you think KH3 will rank in your favorite KH games?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReverofEnola

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Based on all of the information that has presented to us in interviews, trailers, and Nomura himself where do you honestly believe this game will rank among your favorite KH games?

I know that the obviously has not come out yet and no one has gotten to play it but I would really like to hear your thoughts on the matter based on what you've seen and heard. And no I am not trying to kill the hype for this game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm hoping that KH3 will replace KH2 as my new favorite in the series. Its already leaps and bounds better than the other games from a technical standpoint.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Mh... frankly the issue with many, many of the things we see in trailers and interviews is that they could turn out to be totally different in the final product, for better or good, so for someone like me who wants it to be good but is also painfully aware of what he doesn't like about the franchise and how it comes from the most recent games, it's really though to make a prediction.

I'm hoping for a new KH II (solid game, although probably not my all time favourite), but I'm fearing DDD (particular, and overloaded with concepts and mechanics that you can only like if you're a fan of such things), or dare I say 0.2 (good premise, but often underused potential and wasted opportunities)

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean I don’t find KH2 to be the greatest game, but I do consider it the fullest experience of any KH game. If I can get that and more from KH3, it’ll already outrank all of the games in terms of replayability and ease of playability.

My favorite of the series is always stuck between CoM, KH3D, and BBS (depending on the day my favorite changes) and my guilty pleasure game is Re:coded. KH3 already looks like it has so much more to offer than any of those games so it just depends on how satisfied I am with the story. If the story makes me weep like BBS, or grips me like CoM, or reminds me of how absolutely silly and fun this series can be like 3D, then it will easily top them.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If it plays as good as it looks and has an acceptable story, it will likely be my 2nd place. No game will ever displace KH1 in my rankings. It may not be my favorite to play, but it is the most important game of the franchise (and of video games period) for me. It helped define my spirit at such a young age. Nothing can replace that magic.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
My opinion is mostly like Spockanort. I think my favorite may be KH1 right now? But it switches between a few lol, none of which are KH2. Even tho I also agree it is the fullest experience. This game looks even fuller and if it doesn't have most of the issues I have with Kh2 then I could see it easily topping my as my favorite.

Awards
My trinity is KHII > BBS > KHI

I don't any game will ever top KHII for me but it might? Idk lol

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think it might end up around the same area as 3D (in third place behind KH1 and CoM), if not pass it.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I think at the very least I'll like it more than coded, BBS, Days, 3D, and x. I hope I'll like it more than at least two of the original three. If I like it the best, awesome.

This thread has shocked me with how many people like BBS and 3D the most! I get BBS from a story perspective... Don't get me wrong, it's okay to have a different opinion. I'm just surprised. I can only play 3D for like an hour at most before exclaiming "I hate this game!" and shutting it off (sometimes without saving).

UltimaXOmega

BBS is my favorite game and I see KHIII easily beating it. KHIII might dethrone FFX as my favorite game of all time.

robotman

It totally depends on how many other Disney worlds are revealed, how the boss battles are and if the gameplay is overpowered. So far KH2 is my fav, KH1 is my 2nd fav.

If they reveal let's say 3 more Disney world like Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph and Atlantis (or another Disney world not including the lame Winnie the Pooh), the gameplay is fun but not OP and also have a good mixture of bosses, with the final boss being as epic and surprising as it was in KH1 & KH2. I know that it'll be my favourite game.

However, if they just reveal one more Disney world, the bosses aren't inspired or they are just big and not the same size as the character and the gameplay is too hectic then I won't rate the game highly at all.

Basically my answer is that it's variable and depends on how the game turns out lol. If it goes in the direction that I want it to I know that it'll be my favourite game.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I try to avoid this question because it's a bit painful to admit in advance that a game I've been looking forward to for so long is probably not going to exceed expectations, but as of now KH3 is looking like a solid third or fourth place after Days, KH1, and CoM. I guess if it was broken down into its various components it might win me over in some areas vs others (like gameplay vs plot or vice versa), but as of now my general feeling is that it's going to be an experience I will open myself to and try my best to get as much out of it as it offers, but I'm ready to see it as a bit of a let down all the same.

I don't think it will be an especially bad game, though. I don't think it'll be DDD. I think it has sufficiently insulated itself with story material and predisposed character work that it's unlikely to be truly unsatisfying: I think there will be something for everyone in it, and that's about where I'm harboring my expectations. Something that makes its emotional case to the best of its ability, even while it doesn't match the narrative achievements of its predecessors.

Of course, a lot of this hinges on how many risks the game is willing to take. Right now I see it playing things very safe in terms of everything from world choice (new! popular! easy!) to gameplay (lotsa stuff! big! flashy!) so if it can reestablish that balance of a conventional pop culture framework married to a sort of subversive elaboration of its core themes beyond their most familiar elements, there's room for it to surprise me. KH will probably never make it all the way to being topical, but at least internally its best installments are carried by a cleverness about the exaggerated reality of its own premise, while the worst wield it carelessly at face value. I'd like to see KH3 fall somewhere closer to the former trend: live up to the spirit of KH1's central "that's just wild enough to work!" mantra.

Foxycian

Awards
i don't know why but i don't see it passing my top 3 games khbbs kh2 khddd

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Honestly it all depends on the "amount" of Vanitas in it obviously
tumblr_inline_n17p6zytfh1sa70vw_by_darkgreyheroine-dbfb1xm.png

I'm kidding. I think it will be high on my list, but where exactly I can't tell as of now.

Echoecho6

Awards
I am already betting it will be my 2nd favorite, but it is going to be really hard to beat KH2 so I am not expecting that.

ImVentus

Awards
Wow that's way too early to predict at this point, but. . .

Depends fully on the story and variation of worlds, gameplay, character development for the game. If the game just tries to fill in answers with it's plot holes without any real effort (with so much potential) and have no real closure to the Seeker saga it's not going to fare too well.

However I will remain optimistic that it deliver better than expected.

Foxycian

Awards
I am already betting it will be my 2nd favorite, but it is going to be really hard to beat KH2 so I am not expecting that.

Wow that's way too early to predict at this point, but. . .

Depends fully on the story and variation of worlds, gameplay, character development for the game. If the game just tries to fill in answers with it's plot holes without any real effort (with so much potential) and have no real closure to the Seeker saga it's not going to fare too well.

However I will remain optimistic that it deliver better than expected.

even if kh3 turn out to be better then all kh games, many people still will prefer older kh games cause of nostalgia but ofc there's nothing wrong with that:)

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't think it'll be low on my list. Definitely not under DDD or Days.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Don't know, but I can't see it going above 1&2 no matter what. I fully expect it to beat DDD though, maybe BBS and Coded too. How lame will I look if my top three is literally KH1, KH2, KH3 xD Oh well, it's possible.

Soldier

Awards
I'm a simple man, if it plays well and isn't overflowing with overpowered concepts and no downsides like KH DDD (they couldn't add ANY balance?) i will put it on a pedestal in my room.

But if it's a glitchy, buggy mess that doesn't provide closure, i will lock it in a chest in a heartbeat (upon platinuming it, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back