• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Who has it worse?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
What was all that about you saying he complained so much about it then?
That's exactly my point. He left the Org to find about Sora and all that, and then when he finds out (aka, gets what he wants) all he does is bitch.

He wanted to live his life with Xion, and Axel - Crushed.
Xion's forgotten, so I don't think it mattered. Plus, at the end of Days, he didn't want to be with Axel either.

He couldn't go back. (He even says this against Axel in the manga "We can't go back.")
Manga isn't canon.

Sempied

That's exactly my point. He left the Org to find about Sora and all that, and then when he finds out (aka, gets what he wants) all he does is bitch.

Xion's forgotten, so I don't think it mattered. Plus, at the end of Days, he didn't want to be with Axel either.

Manga isn't canon.
Where would he go at that point? He sees Sora comatose right in front him. The first thing you ain't gonna do is just run back through the mansion go back to town, go to sleep, and act like everything is hunky dory. There was nowhere he could go at that point. He was practically forced to walk down the path of his loss.

No she wasn't. Why do you think he still had the Oblivion keyblade, and not just the average joe one? (Kairi symbolized Oathkeeper, and Oblivion symbolized Xion)When he finally saw the computers, right before Axel he gained back his memory along with Xion. Hows it not canon? It's a literal adaption of KH2 itself with ust more gags, and shoddy artwork.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Where would he go at that point? He sees Sora comatose right in front him. The first thing you ain't gonna do is just run back through the mansion go back to town, go to sleep, and act like everything is hunky dory. There was nowhere he could go at that point. He was practically forced to walk down the path of his loss.
...a path that he wanted to take because he wanted to find out about Sora and who he is and all that bull. He found out. He got what he wanted.

No she wasn't. Why do you think he still had the Oblivion keyblade, and not just the average joe one? (Kairi symbolized Oathkeeper, and Oblivion symbolized Xion)When he finally saw the computers, right before Axel he gained back his memory along with Xion.
No. Coded confirms that Roxas did indeed forget about her. (as does Days, for that matter...)

Hows it not canon? It's a literal adaption of KH2 itself with ust more gags, and shoddy artwork.
Those last bits are exactly what makes it non-canon. There's effing Vexen replicas in it for crying out loud.

αsiя

space coke
Roxas was just confused throughout his existence. If you say Roxas' life is hard because he was never meant to exist then you might as well say that for the other Nbodies since they weren't meant to exist with it, but unlike the rest of the Org, Roxas took it horribly, surely he didn't have enough time to go through it, but still. Roxas just wanted to be his own person but couldn't because of Sora. I say Roxas' story is sad because he only had one year to be himself, and throughout that year he struggled (not that much since he forgot about Xion.) Sure he wanted to meet Sora but that was before he got his memories erased.

Terra, was so blinded by MX esspecially with him losing title of Master and his Master resenting him (how he feels) because he uses some darkness. Terra wanted to do something that will be better for him, Ven, and Aqua, but he did in a dumb way. He finally realizes his mistake but still loses and now has to suffer from his own mistake.

Both I don't care for, but I'll probably say Roxas.

But Aqua is the true winner.

Sempied

...a path that he wanted to take because he wanted to find out about Sora and who he is and all that bull. He found out. He got what he wanted.

No. Coded confirms that Roxas did indeed forget about her. (as does Days, for that matter...)

Those last bits are exactly what makes it non-canon. There's effing Vexen replicas in it for crying out loud.
I wouldn;t think resolving to fuse with your "other" by force is a thing he wanted. Yeah he met Sora. That is all he wanted, he never stated he wanted to merge, lose his little life, and fade from existence to being inside Sora.

I can give you that one.

Correction: The Vexen replica's aren't the adaption itself is. It's like saying a 4koma gag comic is canon whilst reading a volume. It's canon simply put.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I wouldn;t think resolving to fuse with your "other" by force is a thing he wanted. Yeah he met Sora. That is all he wanted, he never stated he wanted to merge, lose his little life, and fade from existence to being inside Sora.
He never had an existence to begin with, I don't see why one should sympathize with him, especially not over Terra.

Sempied

He never had an existence to begin with, I don't see why one should sympathize with him, especially not over Terra.
Thats kind of the point. Roxas went through not 1, but 2 lives striving for existence, and then it was finally taken from with every small thing he had left that was slowly destroyed, killed by his own hand, proven fake, and after all this torment of living lies he's forced to join with the very same person he's been searching for this whole time, only to realize that he is the center of all of his "Precious little life"

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Overall, I'd say Roxas has it the worst. From Day 1 of his life he was lied to and used as a tool and just in a pile of crap. He gets 2 friends, but in the end watches both of them die and forgets about one of them completely. Then he has to die to for someone he doesn't know because it's what's "right", but Roxas doesn't know why it's right until after it happens. All of his happiness was crushed, which wouldn't of been so bad because he's not even supposed to feel happy, but sense he was Sora's Nobody, he did have feelings, and for the same reason, he had to die.

Terra had the majority of his life good, but then made the wrong choices. And he's probably not even aware of anything right now, so it's not as bad. Also, he'll be saved eventually, and actually be able to live his own life, and be happy, unlike Roxas who will just regain some memories but still not have his own life which is all he wanted.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Overall, I'd say Roxas has it the worst. From Day 1 of his life he was lied to
How exactly was he being lied to since Day 1? It's not like he actually asked "Hey, guys, who is my other?"

just in a pile of crap.
His life seemed pretty decent in Days actually, until towards the end. Got to go to missions, had a purpose, met people, ate ice cream every day, learned life lessons, etc. Not so bad.

He gets 2 friends, but in the end watches both of them die and forgets about one of them completely.
Lack of death in KH makes this less sad. Plus he had a true farewell to Axel, so, again, less sad.

Then he has to die
Except not, because he didn't die in any real fashion, as Nami explains many times.

to for someone he doesn't know because it's what's "right"
He had all of Sora's memories. He probably knew Sora better than a lot of people.

All of his happiness was crushed, which wouldn't of been so bad because he's not even supposed to feel happy, but sense he was Sora's Nobody, he did have feelings, and for the same reason, he had to die.
Pretty sure he had feelings because he had someone's heart shoved in him, not because he was Sora's Nobody.

Terra had the majority of his life good, but then made the wrong choices.
As I see it, so did Roxas for the most part.

And he's probably not even aware of anything right now, so it's not as bad.
He probably is. If Roxas can be aware of stuff Sora sees, I don't see why Terra wouldn't be, even if he, like Roxas, wasn't in control of the body/person in question.

Also, he'll be saved eventually, and actually be able to live his own life, and be happy, unlike Roxas who will just regain some memories but still not have his own life which is all he wanted.
How do you know what Roxas wanted? It seems to me that Roxas' only torment was forgetting Xion. Which means, for the most part, he was A-Okay with how things turned out.

fantasy08

I adore both Roxas and Terra,but I'm going to have to give the sad mantel to Roxas. By the end of Days he had lose both his friends and had to kill one of them. Then he gets kidnapped,and put in a fake town with fake friends. Just to get that taken from him as well. All to be joined to a complete stranger. I know from a technical standpoint that Namine and co where in the right. Roxas is an abomination against nature that isn't supposed to exist, and Sora is the human here. Roxas was keeping that human from waking. However, it's still sad because Roxas did get to live as a sentient being, and be reasonably happy, and all that had to be given up for a guy he doesn't know. Also he got to watch his other friend kill himself as well. Although the general sadness of that was lessened because of Final mix. They made up, said goodbye properly, while he finally and happily faded into Sora.

Terra's fate was mostly due to him being a naive fool(lovable one but still..) and trusting obviously evil people completely. Also BBS in general just failed to invoke sadness in me. So that's a factor to. I know technically a lot of scenes involving TAV were supposed to be sad,but the execution of them weren't.

Also, about the debate concerning the novels and manga, in an interview, during days, Nomura came right out and said they were pretty much published fanfiction.They are not to be seen as the real deal. He said look to the games for the canon. His word of god interviews and the ultramania(sp) are next,but that's it.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I think the fanbase is pretty unfair to Terra. =/

I'm not going to say anything to defend his naivety towards some of the Disney villains, but Master Xehanort is a different story.

Imagine this: you've been training, essentially, your entire life in a martial art and have one single test between you and the title of Master.

You have no reason to believe that you're not going to pass. Your own master has lead you to believe you're completely ready - you expect that the test is really just a formality, and he invited another highly-regarded master out for the occasion of your promotion.

And then it all falls apart. You lose control for a single moment, getting a little freaked out by an unexpectedly threatening attack by your partner (any of you know what it feels like to have a blade in your face? XD)... and your master decides you're not ready for promotion, not because of any technical issues, but because of, essentially, your attitude. You know, the thing you've been working on perfecting for the last dozen years of your life, which you thought had ceased being an issue ages ago?

I don't think you'd exactly be in the best position to judge the intentions of the guy who's saying that the reason why all your efforts amounted to naught was because you were trying to do something impossible to begin with. Especially when that guy was introduced to you as a figure of respect with great knowledge in the very subject you're trying to learn.

And it certainly doesn't help if he shows up to comfort you after you went too far in a life-or-death fight and blasted some guy's eye out, when you're probably too shocked to realize how convenient it is that he doesn't think that makes you an evil person. =P

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Terra didn't spend eleven years as a prisoner in his own body. He spent about a day like that. Then both MX and his memories were sealed away. No more memories, No more MX, no more Terra. He pretty much got put out of his misery.
Except the secret ending pretty much shows that Terra is still active and conscious of his predicament. He still a prisoner in his own body and is responsible for alot of misery. I say that beats anything Roxas had going.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I thought this would be comparing Terra, Ventus and Aqua... Terra and Roxas just seems odd to me...

Anyway, most definitely Terra. Roxas's sadness was over in a year. Terra had to endure literally being trapped in his own body for 11 years and would end up going mad. Heck, in the secret ending we already see Terra is slightly about to go a little insane... that he's willing to let his body be destroyed, that he no longer cares about anything other than getting revenge on Xehanort. Stuff like this is proof of him changing insane... being a prisoner in your own body for 11 years is true torture.

Ikkin said:
I'm not going to say anything to defend his naivety towards some of the Disney villains,

The only Disney villains he ever became aquatinted with was Captain Hook and Maleficent. And he ditched the both of them once he realized they were evil. And really... does Captain Hook honestly seem threatening at all? Maleficent of course, but certainly not Captain Hook.

Ikkin said:
Imagine this: you've been training, essentially, your entire life in a martial art and have one single test between you and the title of Master.

You have no reason to believe that you're not going to pass. Your own master has lead you to believe you're completely ready - you expect that the test is really just a formality, and he invited another highly-regarded master out for the occasion of your promotion.

And then it all falls apart. You lose control for a single moment, getting a little freaked out by an unexpectedly threatening attack by your partner (any of you know what it feels like to have a blade in your face? XD)... and your master decides you're not ready for promotion, not because of any technical issues, but because of, essentially, your attitude. You know, the thing you've been working on perfecting for the last dozen years of your life, which you thought had ceased being an issue ages ago?

I don't think you'd exactly be in the best position to judge the intentions of the guy who's saying that the reason why all your efforts amounted to naught was because you were trying to do something impossible to begin with. Especially when that guy was introduced to you as a figure of respect with great knowledge in the very subject you're trying to learn.

And it certainly doesn't help if he shows up to comfort you after you went too far in a life-or-death fight and blasted some guy's eye out, when you're probably too shocked to realize how convenient it is that he doesn't think that makes you an evil person. =P

Agreed.

I think the fanbase is pretty unfair to Terra. =/

I'm not going to say anything to defend his naivety towards some of the Disney villains, but Master Xehanort is a different story.

I completely agree with this!

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
The only Disney villains he ever became aquatinted with was Captain Hook and Maleficent. And he ditched the both of them once he realized they were evil. And really... does Captain Hook honestly seem threatening at all? Maleficent of course, but certainly not Captain Hook.
didnt he associate with the evil queen of snow white as well?
and hasnt he associated with hades or was he just talking to him? i havent played the game yet

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
didnt he associate with the evil queen of snow white as well?
and hasnt he associated with hades or was he just talking to him? i havent played the game yet

Well the evil queen, Terra turned his back on her and never even stole Snow White's heart. While with Maleficent, he ended up stealing her heart (Maleficent was controlling him) Terra never found the Evil Queen to ever be friendly like he did with Maleficent and Captain Hook. He knew she was evil from the moment she said "steal Snow White's heart."
And as for Hades, Hades just signed him up to the games. Hades manipulated Zack, not Terra.

Well the evil queen, Terra turned his back on her and never even stole Snow White's heart. While with Maleficent, he ended up stealing her heart (Maleficent was controlling him) Terra never found the Evil Queen to ever be friendly like he did with Maleficent and Captain Hook. He knew she was evil from the moment she said "steal Snow White's heart."
And as for Hades, Hades just signed him up to the games. Hades manipulated Zack, not Terra.

Didn't he brake Jumba out of Jail? just asking.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Except he didn't die. Nami made this more than clear to him a few times.

The thing about this: he didn't die; he wouldn't have died, yet he kept complaining... It's that it's human to doubt. There was an unknown, even though someone he barely knew told him it was okay, it was still an unknown, and what Roxas was being told was that his state of being would be inside of Sora. That means that Roxas will be overpowered by Sora, and they both can't control what goes on at the same time.

When I first heard that Roxas was one of those "in torment", I expected it to be because he was inside of Sora and could not exist as an individual, even whilst inside Sora. But now I hear that it's because he doesn't remember Xion... whatever...

I say that Roxas has it worse, because he had to make the decision whether to die or to keep existing... and like I said, it's human to doubt, and he had a heart, so to say he couldn't be scared of the unknown is ridiculous.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Didn't he brake Jumba out of Jail? just asking.

Same thing with Captain Hook. They honestly don't seem that evil at first glance, they just appear as goof-balls.

You gotta remember that these "villains" (Jumba isn't really a villain it all) are pretty much the first people he ever meet.
Maleficent wasn't even Terra's fault. He just asked him "Where are the Unversed?" and then chased after them. After that, Maleficent controlled him. Had nothing to do with Terra being at fault.

Captain Hook doesn't even look like a villain as I explained before and neither does Jumba. And again, all Hades did was sign him up for the tournament. Zack was the one who got manipulated by Hades, not Terra.

So in all honesty... Terra never really purposely helped any of the villains as if he was "evil" or even mean. It's just a case of miscommunication and him being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back