• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do they look younger?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Craft

I think its something that's relevant to the plot. I believe originally they were supposed to be in their KH1 forms/costumes but they were given new looks to clearly distinguish that the story is moving forward (not just another side story).

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
Just look at Sora's hair. It's his KH1 hair design, not KH2, so yes, they're their younger forms.

I do appreciate the new costumes. I don't mind that they're younger as long as the plot is moving forward and they wouldn't be decked out in their original clothing.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
who really cares if they are younger? i honestly wouldnt care if they were still in KH1 clothes, i mean its cool they got new outfits and this is what i prefer but all i really care about is the story and the gameplay.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Why is that confusing? The game takes place after KH2/Re:coded. He'd have his Keyblade.

To the OP, their young age is something plot relevant and will be explained either by Nomura or the game itself.

Hopefully the game itself. I get the feeling I'm gonna have to avoid this part of the forum sooner than I thought to get that "almost completely new" feeling I haven't felt since CoM.

DanX

who really cares if they are younger? i honestly wouldnt care if they were still in KH1 clothes, i mean its cool they got new outfits and this is what i prefer but all i really care about is the story and the gameplay.

The only reason people care is because there's only been one game where you get to play as Sora in his KH2 clothing and every other one he is unplayable or in KH1 attire, we'd like to see it a bit more.

Awards
Why is that confusing? The game takes place after KH2/Re:coded. He'd have his Keyblade.

I KNOW it takes place after KH2, but they appear as they do in KH1. I don't think its some kind of "magic" that's making them young again. Obviously it takes place in a dream, but the time where the dream takes place could be around kh1's time, and riku didn't have a keyblade then.

SilenceTheTardis

I'm assuming they're the same age they were when the data was first put into Sora. It's basically their older selves (keyblades and all), in their younger bodies, in a dream.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I KNOW it takes place after KH2, but they appear as they do in KH1. I don't think its some kind of "magic" that's making them young again. Obviously it takes place in a dream, but the time where the dream takes place could be around kh1's time, and riku didn't have a keyblade then.
Once again it takes place after KH2. Riku HAS his keyblade. It's not that hard to understand there not time-traveling.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They didn't regress in Heart, just in age. :/ I still don't see why Riku wouldn't have his Keyblade. They have new clothes so obviously they aren't exactly how they were in KH1.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
The demo still takes place fairly early in the game so I'm guessing this is during the MoM portion of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back