• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why don't Sora, Riku or Kairi remember anything about Ven, Terra, and Aqua?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

venomblade

Wouldn't sora remember the person he's sharing a heart with? And Kairi met Aqua didn't she? I don't remember if riku had any direct contact with Terra though, but I remember Terra was more interested in riku then sora. They were young, but still.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Wouldn't sora remember the person he's sharing a heart with? And Kairi met Aqua didn't she? I don't remember if riku had any direct contact with Terra though, but I remember Terra was more interested in riku then sora. They were young, but still.

Attempt to recall anything you saw or did at 4-5 years old.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wouldn't sora remember the person he's sharing a heart with?
Sora has never actually met Ven. I doubt he knows he's even harboring Ven's heart to begin with.

And Kairi met Aqua didn't she?

Kairi was 4 at the time, and it's been 11 years. Asides from that, she claims that she doesn't remember much from before her arrival in Destiny Islands.

I don't remember if riku had any direct contact with Terra though, but I remember Terra was more interested in riku then sora.

Nomura has hinted that Riku does in fact remember Terra, and possibly Aqua at that, but refuses to say anything due to the promise he made with Terra to keep their meeting a secret.

They were young, but still.

It's not that likely that any child would remember so much of their earlier years as they grow up. Even if they did, it's probably become something vague like "two strangers came to the islands and said weird things I didn't understand."

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Just a quick psychology fact: The brain doesn't fully develop until around age 3. The earliest memories a child can have are at that age (3), and those events have to be quite memorable, maybe even traumatic. Sora only made a wish on the beach, and even though Kairi was attacked by monsters, she seemed to be calm with her grandma afterwards, so clearly she didn't think it was very important. Clearly, those memories are forgettable to anyone I would presume.

Dyed Red

Well, we don't really know whether Riku remembers or not. He might, possibly, but just won't talk about it since Terra told him to keep their talk/meet a secret.

KH-x-3

...and possibly Aqua at that

I have a nagging suspicion that he met Aqua sometime after KH1 in the realm of darkness (cuz the king and riku were there) and that Aqua just opted not to come with them because she wanted the continue helping the worlds from the other side of the door or something...idk...and then obviously she forgot everything about it by the time of blank points

axel95

Awards
I would say Riku remembers Terra, but not Aqua from BBS. But sometime in between KH1-KH2, he probably met Aqua in the realm of darkness. As for Sora, he hasn't met Ven and does not know that he is harboring Ven's heart. But Sora will probably find that out in 3D.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com

Kairi doesn't remember anything about Radiant Garden, she's said so many times.

All Sora did was play a childish game, as he matured he probably didn't think much of it.

Riku definitely has shown effects of his meeting with Terra, including his affinity with darkness. Maybe he doesn't remember it, but he has been affected by it.

But the number one reason is this:
Nomura wrote KH before BBS. Not even he knew about the existence of TVA.

andyteves

I have a nagging suspicion that he met Aqua sometime after KH1 in the realm of darkness (cuz the king and riku were there) and that Aqua just opted not to come with them because she wanted the continue helping the worlds from the other side of the door or something...idk...and then obviously she forgot everything about it by the time of blank points

Well I don't know about Mickey Mouse but Riku wasn't their long remember? In Chain of Memories Riku was sleeping and hovering at the beginning of his campaign and Ansem's voice woke him up. Riku asked him what happened and Ansem said he entered the realm of darkness and slept awhile until he drifted to that purgatory-like place he was floating in. So he really didn't do that much in there.

and then of course there's this at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2
tumblr_lzbc16nBL11qmeqilo1_500.png

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hello and welcome to the KHInsider forums!
Unfortunately this thread is nearly 3 years old and we have a rule against posting in threads that are older than 6 months to a year. If you'd like, you can open a new thread on this topic.
We hope you enjoy your time here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back