• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Don't they Make a Harry Potter Game...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
In which you yourself get to go to Hogwarts, get sorted into a House, and have your own adventure?
Wouldn't that be amazing? Instead of following Harry's story all the time and keeping on a set plot track, you could go from class to class learning spells and choosing what path you wish to follow.

I personally think if they made it, it would go excellent on the Wii. The idea of using your wiimote as a wand REALLY sounds cool to me! (Only, it would have to be a bit more realistic than how they did it in the HP game for the Wii...I wanted to SWISH and FLICK goddammit!!)

Anyway, I just really thought it would be a great game. Hogwarts is such a fascinating and HUGE place, plus there's Hogsmeade. Oh, and how cool would it be to find your own friends, have relationships, or even duel others via 2 Player?

Ooh, and there really would be no plot, except for missions that you'd have to accomplish throughout the year. And the House Points could create a goal for the player!

Imagine...creating your own character, they're own backstory, and joining Hogwarts to create a completely non-linear and your-choice adventures, friends, and other things.

Just wanted to let that idea out. What do you guys think?

S

Shadow Soldier

Why don't they make a Harry Potter game that doesn't suck?

New2Ya

I'm lost...
They should make an RPG around the Harry Potter universe. RPGs arent exactly hard to make. Story they have, music they have, characters they have, gfx they are good at, the only thing they need to work on is the gameplay. Shouldnt be too hard? xD

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
^That's an even better idea!
The only thing, though, that I thoroughly dislike about MMOs is that there will always be THOSE kind of people on it, you know?
But, imagine how cool it would be if you could be on a Quidditch team with real teammates and not mindless AI drones, and fighting against other real people?
THAT sounds hella awesome.

Haku

<3
The HP games to me should only be bought by the hardcore fans of the games because its basically the same concept for every game.

Vin

Bronze Member
We should make a teaser tailer but getting clips from other games (LIke Qudditch from the 1st one) I would make one but alls I have is Windows Movie Maker

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Or how about a big Harry Potter MMO? That would be nice.

Yeah, that's what I first thought of, but you could really do either-or. It just depends on whether you want a more condensed sort of plotline (single-player console game) or a more general, open one, like Engulfed suggested...I think that the latter would actually work better for a MMO. I'd dig either of them if they were good. It's a neat idea.

Also, I've played very little of the Harry Potter games (they just didn't captivate me), but I think part of the problem is that they don't know what age group they should target at. I mean, I found that they weren't very consistent...there were parts of the games that were very childish and then there were parts that were more...teen+ oriented. *shrug* The recent one looks really cool, but I've read several reviews that say that it was rather mediocre.

M

Miss Murder

Yeah I find that that would be a great idea, I was just thinking the same thing. But of course, it would take effort and money as said before.

Vin

Bronze Member
Harry Potter 5 on the Wii is so hard you have to find all of the members of the D.A. and do tasks for them!!!! it takes forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't they just use the coins like they do in the book!

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Well, now that I've thought about it, the only thing that I find iffy is determining what year you'd be in. Perhaps you'd level up into years? The only problem with that is that unlike WoW or FFXI where you have 60+ levels, there are only seven years of Hogwarts. I could see it working with like...ten levels for each year, though.

You'd gain experience points through classes, tasks, duels, etc.

And perhaps with each year, there are different apperances available...such as change of hair, height, body, clothes, etc. This would allow the character to actually mature...

H

Hellpark

Or rather, if it was an MMO, the years could be measured in actual years...or one year in the game equals a couple months in real life or something like that instead of leveling up into years.

What? no one is gonna play 7 straight years ina game, just to finish it >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back