• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why I think Dream Drop Distance was bad for Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Isn't that the Kingdom Hearts II Ultimania? Wouldn't that have been released 7 years ago?
Yes. You said "I just hope that Nomura has had the story of Kingdom Hearts 3 in mind whilst working on DDD's because it honestly feels like they have hit a wall." and what I quoted shows he's had an idea for KH III's plot since then.
Also, it's pretty obvious from the ending that he actually does have a plot for KH III ready. Not to mention he's called Dream Drop Distance Kingdom Hearts 3 Part 1.

Domination

Awards
Yes. You said "I just hope that Nomura has had the story of Kingdom Hearts 3 in mind whilst working on DDD's because it honestly feels like they have hit a wall." and what I quoted shows he's had an idea for KH III's plot since then.
Also, it's pretty obvious from the ending that he actually does have a plot for KH III ready. Not to mention he's called Dream Drop Distance Kingdom Hearts 3 Part 1.

Yeah I guess so then.

But do you really think that he had the idea of Dream Drop Distance at all at the time that he was working on Kingdom Hearts 2? I sure as hell don't. The sleeping worlds, time travel and the New Organization XIII feel like things he had added to the plot because he either couldn't go anywhere else with the plot or desperately wanted to change up the story. Just like the original poster stated, I feel as though he's taken an already very well established plot and just dumped a lot of unnecesary (Is that how you spell that? o.o) concepts into it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But do you really think that he had the idea of Dream Drop Distance at all at the time that he was working on Kingdom Hearts 2? I sure as hell don't. The sleeping worlds, time travel and the New Organization XIII feel like things he had added to the plot because he either couldn't go anywhere else with the plot or desperately wanted to change up the story. Just like the original poster stated, I feel as though he's taken an already very well established plot and just dumped a lot of unnecesary (Is that how you spell that? o.o) concepts into it.
I'm sure some of what he had in mind did make it in.
Remember though, the original ending for the game was changed due to unknown circumstances so he had to accommodate the plot to that.

Domination

Awards
Remember though, the original ending for the game was changed due to unknown circumstances so he had to accommodate the plot to that.

Wait, he did? Can you please explain this to me or give me a link to an interview or something of the like?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wait, he did? Can you please explain this to me or give me a link to an interview or something of the like?
Found it.
- Will the ending of this title also be a heart wrenching one?

Nomura: The ending for KH3D is a little unusual, the plan up until now had been different... But every once in a while I think, it's good this way. In fact, the first ending I thought up quickly became no good due to various circumstances, but now the ending is something that I worry quite a bit about. As a result, we tried to do something unique for the ending this time. Incidentally, the secret movie will be shorter. Though it is short, like the Re:Coded secret movie, it will connect to the next shocking developments in the series, so please look forward to it.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
When your working with a series, especially a long he like kingdom hearts, you have to make stuff up as you go sometimes. That's not to say that some people don't go into making a series with the whole thing laid out but doing that is extremely hard. I do respect Nomura for trying its just sometimes his love for sci if gets in the way.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Dream Drop Distance also seems to change up already established ideas.

DDD does not do that anywhere, as it was established ever since KH 2 that the basic premise for wielding a Keyblade is having a strong heart.
It was as well established in the Ultimania that the Organisation XIII had a mysterious ultimate goal which no member beside Xemnas (and as we now know, Xigbar as well) was aware of.
What this ultimate goal was is finally cleared up in DDD.

For instance, wasn't the idea in BBS that the Keyblade is past down from master to apprentice, so why can Lea just all of a sudden have the ability to wield a Keyblade?

No, that wasn't the idea. The inheritance ceremony does not "pass down" any Keyblades, it only grants the heart in question the ability to wield one. That does not mean the person in question directly gets a Keyblade, and in no manner ever the Keyblade of someone else (Riku's destinied Keyblade is NOT Terra's, it is a different weapon). A Keyblade still has to choose the person in question in order to get a Keyblade on his/her own.
Sora is the only one who never got the ceremony, but due to his ability to connect with other hearts he didn't need one. When he was just born he already connected with Ventus' heart, which made his heart "wielding-worthy" already a few days into his life. That Sora eventually got the Keyblade itself in KH 1 has nothing to do with Ventus however.
Lea got through the normal procedure, got the ceremony from Yen Sid and then trained to gain his own Keyblade, which he btw. did not manage until the end of DDD anyways.

As for the X-blade-making method, the way shown to us in BBS was simply Xehanort trying to see if he can get what he want by using a shortcut. And it's not like that way is completely bogus, as it DOES result in an X-blade that is stronger than any normal Keyblade, even if it's only a sort of Prototype that can be shattered with enough force applied against it.
That Xehanort acted rashly in that regard and, by extent, tried to "cheat" in order to get his desired prize easier than searching/preparing twenty pieces also shows that Xehanort isn't infallible and can make errors.
It serves to show that Xehanort isn't an all-knowing god and can be defeated.

Yessir_23

Awards
When your working with a series, especially a long he like kingdom hearts, you have to make stuff up as you go sometimes. That's not to say that some people don't go into making a series with the whole thing laid out but doing that is extremely hard. I do respect Nomura for trying its just sometimes his love for sci if gets in the way.
Sure, it's fine to make stuff up, but there's got to be a limit, right?

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
1) Nonsense Story

The story in dream drop distance is just bad. The number one thing that stands out in my mind how Master Xehanort and co. got into Sora and Riku's dreams. Time traveling to enter someone's dreams is the most ludicrous thing I've heard in ages (not to mention the fact that time travel is just out of place in the Kingdom Hearts universe). Would have it been so wrong to say Xehanort just used dark magic to enter the dreams instead? Am I also to believe that Master Xehanort had everything planned from the beginning even though Sora was an 'unknown factor.' I really liked the idea of Master Xehanort before when he was just a villain driven out of curiosity but now he's practically an all knowing god. If I were Sora, at this point I would just give up. Xehanort knows pretty much everything ever (exaggeration, I know that anything that happens after 3D is pretty much fair game but still), how are we going to defeat him.

You know, I first thought time travel was a dumb idea... but the way they executed it is actually pretty interesting. For one, Xehanort DIDN'T travel to Sora's dreams because of "time travel." That was just the explanation for all 13 Xehanorts being there at once.

And you know what? That's pretty much all that Xehanort could do with time travel. The rules of time are so strict that all that Xehanort could do was gather 12 other versions of himself all at once. And even that was hard to pull off.

And I wouldn't say that Xehanort knew everything either. If he did, then all that Xemnas did with Organization XIII would have been useless. I think it was more of he was able to take a look at everything once he had already delved into Sora and Riku's dreams and could see everything, not to mention having 12 other selves telling him what happened.

The reason I was worried about time travel was because I was worried it was going to be become like Bill and Ted's excellent adventure with the logic of "Bill and Ted were saved from their future selves because they remembered to save their past selves." or like the Pandorica episode in Doctor Who with "The Doctor escaped the Pandorica because the Doctor escaped the Pandorica." With KH's time travel, you can only do so little. In fact, most of what you can do is purely observing. Sure, he was able to bring 12 versions of themselves, but that's only for a limited time and after that they lose all their memories of what they did via time traveling, so it doesn't screw up the timeline at all.

Dream Drop Distance also seems to change up already established ideas. For instance, wasn't the idea in BBS that the Keyblade is past down from master to apprentice, so why can Lea just all of a sudden have the ability to wield a Keyblade? What else annoys me is the who idea behind forgin the X-blade. Once again, in BBS we were told that the X-Blade could be made when a heart of pure light and one of true darkness clashed. However, right off the bat in 3D we are told that we need seven lights and thirteen darkness. This all just felt like an incredibly convenient way to make another Organization XIII for Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm I the only one that feels like this is just fan survive at this point? Fighting the members of Organization XIII was one of the more interesting parts of Kingdom Hearts 2 but reusing this same idea for Kingdom Hearts 3 just feels weak, like as if Nomura was just plain out of ideas. This also makes Master Xehanort just look like a plain idiot for even trying to make the X-blade out of one heart of light and one of darkness in BBS. True, one could say that Xehanort was just trying to rush the plan like he said in 3D but considering how pivotal the idea was in BBS I believe that Nomura just changed the idea so there could be a new organization XIII.
Not everything was bad though. Learning the truth about the Nobodys was my favorite part of the game and I'm glad I got to see so many familiar faces (even though Vanitus's inclusion was a total letdown).

BBS brought up the concept that it IS possible to become a keyblade wielder by having it passed on from one master to the next. However, if one has a strong and willing heart, the keyblade itself can choose its own master. This has been established before and I still don't see why people are having a hard time figuring out such a simple concept. Also, who's to say Lea didn't get his keyblade from Yen Sid? Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
I can see where you're going, but at the same time I feel it was necessary to fill in some plotholes. "Why did MX send Maleficent to gather seven princesses of heart if Xehanort was going to use Ventus and Vanitas to create the X-Blade?" Well, Master Xehanort is a massive planner. And I'd assume at his old age, he tried to come up with as many backup plans as he can to make sure that he can achieve his goal. I'm sure he knew that it was better to gather 13 darknesses and 7 lights, but he was getting old and knew that his time would soon be up. So he would rather have done it the quicker way so he can gain a younger vessel and live much longer. Also, I felt it was also necessary to explain why Organization XIII was made in KH2. I always thought the "We just want hearts" argument was very weak. Honestly, I love the twist here at KH3D because it just makes Xehanort seem like this cruel, evil thing. The concept of turning into someone other than yourself is a dark one, and a fate that many consider to be worse than death itself.

2) Flowmotion, best new idea totally hindered by poor execution

Flowmotion was single most anticipated part of 3D gameplay wise for me. The idea just sounded so great. Jumping from wall to wall would surely be a blast and for the most part it was. Disappointingly though, it fell short of expactations. My biggest problem with the mechanic was its inclusion in combat. Making Flowmotion attacks as powerful as command finishes in BBS was a horrible idea. For me it totally ruined the balance of the game since flowmotion (especially with flowmotion turbo turned up) was just so powerful and spamable. Square Enix seemed to think they had the solution for this problem; make certain areas bigger so flowmotion attacks cant be spammed. While this did fix the issue to a degree in created a whole new problem. These bigger areas made flowmotion for movement impossible or just not fun because you couldn't hit a wall, rail, or pole in time. Its truly a shame as well for when flowmotion shined it shined like none other. It also helped make the area's specially made for flowmotion (like the extra districts in Travers Town) look so much more detailed. Considering one of the series consistent flaws is open and dead looking envirorments this was a very good thing. I just hope that for Kingdom Hearts 3 the idea is much better executed. Personally I would opt for flowmotion attacks to be completely removed but I could see Square Enix due it if it was like, for example, breaking gaurds and not doing damgae.
(Was anyone else annoyed by all the unnecessary rails in the Grid?)

Flowmotion "spammable" and "powerful?" lol wut
Flowmotion was, to me, a way to quickly get out of a tough situation that could have resulted in you getting killed if you don't use it. It was by no means powerful, in fact I felt that it had even less attack power than normal attacks. I actually really loved Flowmotion. The only thing I wish is that it was more customizable.
Also, don't like using Flowmotion attacks? You CAN disable them. Just go to your command deck and see where abilities like "dodge roll" "block" and whatnot are, scroll down until you see Flowmotion commands and then just press "Y" to get rid of them.
...No I wasn't annoyed by the rails in The Grid. I'm really confused as to why something like that would even annoy someone. And again, really annoyed by Flowmotion? Just disable it. It's not that hard.

3) Dream Links showed lack of polish

Originally I thought Riku's dream links were going to be so much more fun to use than Sora's. BBS has my favorite combat system so to see something Command Style esc make it into 3D had my excitement peaked. Unfortunately the lack of polish in Riku's links made Dream Links feel incredibly tacked on. Riku's Dream links sure enough looked cool but unlike BBS the attacks were slow, did barley any more damage than normal attacks, and more than often missed their target meaning you would have to start the combo over again. Sora on the other hand didn't have this issue. While some of his dream links got old (ex: riding selected Dream Eater) they were almost all useful. Most did lots of damage and were easy enough to connect with enemies. Best of all, Sora is invincible during his Dream Links giving a slight relief from the games new found difficulty. Speaking of difficulty...

This is the one I have to agree with. Riku's dream links were very disappointing, especially comparing to what we already had in BBS with the Command Styles.

4) Hard to unfair difficulty

I know lots of people will just tell me 'difficulty is not a bad thing, your just not good at this game' but Dream Drop Distance has to be the hardiest KH game I've ever played (yes, I've played them all, even the GBA version of Chain of Memories). This time around I went for proud mode first, having grown used to Kingdom Hearts difficulty over the years. Big mistake. Dream Eaters are the most ruthless, if not adorable, enemies in the entire series. Personally the worst part for me was the new status effects. Being an action rpg your given full control over Sora or Riku, so there's nothing worse than having that control being taken away from you in combat. Getting frozen or stunned and having to watch myself die to attacks I could see coming was the most frustrating feeling I've felt in Kingdom Hearts (well, besides unskippable cutscenes in KH1). In games like Devil May Cry, if you get trapped its very easy to brake yourself free if your skilled. In Dream Drop Distance you just sit and cry. I didn't help that some areas were so big that having to go all the way back to the beginning made my weep (I'm looking at you, Sora's The World That Never Was).
I found that flowmotion on higher difficulties was also very frustrating in combat. The spin then dive attack nearly always spelled death if I used it. Now I know this sounds like I'm contradicting what I said above but while spamming and unusable are two very different side of the spectrum, it doesn't mean that either is good.

Oh wa. Choose an easier difficulty if you're gonna cry about it being too hard. It's your own fault for choosing Proud straight at the beginning. >_>

5) Horrible Boss fights
Boss fights have always been my favorite part of the Kingdom Hearts series, which is why I was incredible saddened by the fact that the bosses in 3D were some of the worst. Bosses ranged from brain dead to unforgiving hard. Near the end of the game it also seemed as though every boss hard attacks where they could instantly kill you or leave you at one hp. Human sized bosses have always been my favorite kind of boss but in Dream Drop Distance they were some of the most dreaded. Especially Young Master Xehanort, I could hardly move during that fight.
Some bosses just had stupid gimmicks. Rinzler is a good example. His constant stage flipping forced me to stay in one place and garud and counter throughout the whole fight. It wasn't very fun.
Flowmotion also got in the way of lots of these fights. It really falls flat in Riku's Grid fight. The silly flowmotion rail around the stage made it impossible to see. At first I thought, 'I could use this,' but after I did I fell on the rail again and again. It helped a lot at first but when the boss started to fire millions of lasers and discs at me (which on proud and critical it will do, a lot) I died constantly. I doesn't help that you cant use commands while in flomotion as well.

I actually thought KH3D had some of the best boss fights in the series. And, to be totally honest, looking at your reasons for why you hated the boss fights... it really seems like you just hate them because you suck at the game. Which also seems evident since your previous complaint was "It's too hard on Proud! (which is MEANT to be a hard difficulty)"

6) Dream Eaters, Commands, and Character Growth

Command system was the best part of BBS. I should actually say it combined with the Command Style system was the best part of BBS but that's not the point. The point is that in BBS was fun because of variety, lots of that variety stemmed from all the commands you would find throughout your journey almost everywhere. That fact that commands leveled and could be melded together had me constantly switching up my command deck.
This was not the case in Dream Drop Distance.
The worst part of commands in 3D is that almost all of them are found through leveling up Dream Eaters. Gone are the days of finding new commands in treasure chest because treasure chest now are only full of items for dream eaters (and the OCCASIONAL command). Leveling up Dream Eaters took forever and only resulted in a hand full of commands. To get what would be an acceptable amount of commands your have to Level up tons of dream eaters, which the game just dosen't give you time to do. Perhaps the choice not to let players level and meld commands came from this fact. Ultimately I found that all I needed to do was find the dream eaters that gave me my favorite commands, level them, and never switch commands again.
What's worse is that all of Sora and Riku's growth abilities come through the growth of dream eaters as well. I could see this work for Donald and Goofy in the counsel Kingdom Hearts games because they're almost always with you but here it gave me the same issue I have with Pokemon. It was just too tiring to level up more than just a few.

I can agree with this. While I managed to get used to the Dream Eater system, I really hope they don't return again. And maybe it'd be better if the Dream Eater AI was awesome like everyone else in the forum said it was... it's not. Even when the Dream Eaters are at their maximum level, 8 loving full hearts in their gauges, fully fed, played with, taken care of, etc. their AI is still BARELY at the AI of Donald and Goofy from KH1/KH2. Honestly guys, the Dream Eaters are not that great. And to be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that they were cute stuffed animal-like creatures, nobody would be defending their AI. BBS really did commands the best way.

7) The need to play all handheld KH games before KH 3

I'm not even going to touch on this subject. I explained my view on this way too many times. If people really feel confused by "KH3's" story, then there's the bloody internet for crying outloud.

Yessir_23

Awards
If people really feel confused by "KH3's" story, then there's the bloody internet for crying outloud.
So you are inferring that someone who sees KH3 in a shop and thinks "This game looks interesting, I think I'll buy it, but first I better spends a few hours scrupulously analysing the plot, and maybe a few hours watching 'important cutscenes', is in the majority of normal people.
But if someone picks up a new game called 'Kingdom Hearts 3' expecting, God forbid, to enjoy and understand the game's plot as they progress, then they must be a complete simpleton. Is that about right? Because that generally not how entertainment mediums should work.

I completely agree with you, ESPECIALLY the first and last points you made. Some people are saying the HD collection was made for people who didn't play these games, but what about people who don't play the HD collection?! If KH3 can't be understood by people completely new to the series, it should AT LEAST be able to be understood by people who played the last numbered sequel.

As for the memoirs- that's an absolutely terrible way of detailing such important plot events. We'd be better off with some kind of in-game phone call explaining the events:

*ring ring*
Sora: Oh, hey! What's that? You're Axel, and you're back from the dead!? What's that? The pointy-eared yellow-eyed brown-skinned root-of-all-evil who replaced the previous pointy-eared yellow-eyed brown-skinned root-of-all-evil has now been replaced by another pointy-eared yellow-eyed brown-skinned root-of-all-evil?! And we should call you Lea now, you say? Alrighty, bring on Kingdom Hearts 3!

At least this way we'd get to hear Haley Joel Osment chip in on the ridiculous plot!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So you are inferring that someone who sees KH3 in a shop and thinks "This game looks interesting, I think I'll buy it, but first I better spends a few hours scrupulously analysing the plot, and maybe a few hours watching 'important cutscenes', is in the majority of normal people.
But if someone picks up a new game called 'Kingdom Hearts 3' expecting, God forbid, to enjoy and understand the game's plot as they progress, then they must be a complete simpleton. Is that about right? Because that generally not how entertainment mediums should work.

I completely agree with you, ESPECIALLY the first and last points you made. Some people are saying the HD collection was made for people who didn't play these games, but what about people who don't play the HD collection?! If KH3 can't be understood by people completely new to the series, it should AT LEAST be able to be understood by people who played the last numbered sequel.

As for the memoirs- that's an absolutely terrible way of detailing such important plot events. We'd be better off with some kind of in-game phone call explaining the events:

*ring ring*
Sora: Oh, hey! What's that? You're Axel, and you're back from the dead!? What's that? The pointy-eared yellow-eyed brown-skinned root-of-all-evil who replaced the previous pointy-eared yellow-eyed brown-skinned root-of-all-evil has now been replaced by another pointy-eared yellow-eyed brown-skinned root-of-all-evil?! And we should call you Lea now, you say? Alrighty, bring on Kingdom Hearts 3!

At least this way we'd get to hear Haley Joel Osment chip in on the ridiculous plot!

First, please do not double post.

Second, Square Enix has provided the way for people to play the games without spending that much money. If they don't take up the offer it is their own faults for not being able to understand the story. There is no excuse now and blaming the games is pointless. It's like watching a TV show and watching the second to final episode in the sixth season. They aren't going to take you through a recap of the series and then show the final episode. You have to watch it from the beginning. The episodes are there to watch, and you choose to be angry at the series for not holding your hand and making things clear for you because you didn't take the time to pay attention.

Yessir_23

Awards
First, please do not double post.

Second, Square Enix has provided the way for people to play the games without spending that much money. If they don't take up the offer it is their own faults for not being able to understand the story. There is no excuse now and blaming the games is pointless. It's like watching a TV show and watching the second to final episode in the sixth season. They aren't going to take you through a recap of the series and then show the final episode. You have to watch it from the beginning. The episodes are there to watch, and you choose to be angry at the series for not holding your hand and making things clear for you because you didn't take the time to pay attention.
Sorry about the double post.
Of course the developers aren't obliged to explain the whole story, but a basic grasp of what's going on (and to a lesser extent, what lead up to it) are surely needed to enjoy a game, or anything else. Look at Dark Knight Rises for instance- the finale to a trilogy with a very twisty plot, but it was still perfectly enjoyable for new viewers. Will we really be able to say the same about KH3?
Again, my main points were that ideally, playing only the numbered entries would suffice in order to understand 90% of the story; also, the memoirs thing is a very poor solution.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Will we really be able to say the same about KH3?
Again, my main points were that ideally, playing only the numbered entries would suffice in order to understand 90% of the story; also, the memoirs thing is a very poor solution.

That's why, they created the HD Collections

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That's because you're solely focusing on the "numbered titles". Playing the "numbered titles" alone was never sufficient to understand so much of the story, not even from KH 1 to KH 2 because of CoM.

Oh, the memoirs are bad? Too lazy to read or what? At least they provide something to get people up on speed on the other important points of the story. As Master Spockanort pointed out, it's not Square's nor the games fault if people won't take up the possibilities provided to inform themselves.
They don't need to feed you everything on a silver platter and do costly recaps of the story in every entry.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
It's not like a tv series at all. It's more like KH 1 and 2 are a tv series and all the other titles are web videos or novels. True the hd games are going to bring everything together but I think at this point only the big kh fans are going to buy the hd games. Kingdom hearts popularity was at its highest when kh2 came out. Many gaming websites now are annoyed at kingdom hearts saying it should either get on with it (kh3) or just die out. Unfortunately I think this has effected most people's view of the series meaning they're not even going to bother with the hd.

Is 1.5 remix going to be a digital download or an actual disc because that's going to effect sales as well

Yessir_23

Awards
That's because you're solely focusing on the "numbered titles". Playing the "numbered titles" alone was never sufficient to understand so much of the story, not even from KH 1 to KH 2 because of CoM.
You're very much reinforcing my point- inclusion of one side game produced a significant negative side effect for some KH2 players. This was a problem for the KH series and now we have at least four side games before KH3.

Oh, the memoirs are bad? Too lazy to read or what? At least they provide something to get people up on speed on the other important points of the story. As Master Spockanort pointed out, it's not Square's nor the games fault if people won't take up the possibilities provided to inform themselves.
They don't need to feed you everything on a silver platter and do costly recaps of the story in every entry.
Well I'll be damned. A little criticism equals rage and insults abound! Instead of getting offended like I criticised your personal brainchild, why not actually consider what I wrote?
The phone conversation trope is widely regarded as a lazy attempt to fit in plot points, but the use of memoirs is even worse since absolutely all story incorporation is lost- unless Sora reads out the memoirs in-game. A good game should be able to subtly incorporate vehemently important plot points for such game.

It's not like a tv series at all. It's more like KH 1 and 2 are a tv series and all the other titles are web videos or novels.
And all the hardcore fans of the show spit on you if you've missed any of the web episodes.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's not like a tv series at all. It's more like KH 1 and 2 are a tv series and all the other titles are web videos or novels. True the hd games are going to bring everything together but I think at this point only the big kh fans are going to buy the hd games. Kingdom hearts popularity was at its highest when kh2 came out. Many gaming websites now are annoyed at kingdom hearts saying it should either get on with it (kh3) or just die out. Unfortunately I think this has effected most people's view of the series meaning they're not even going to bother with the hd.

Is 1.5 remix going to be a digital download or an actual disc because that's going to effect sales as well

Well I like to see KH3, the last thing we need is a sequel to a game that if not live up to expectations, ends up in the bargain bin a few months later. You know the games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

And why do you consider them web episodes? They have always been stressed to be important to understand the story. BBS as "KH 0" and KH3D always as the prelude to KH3.

I don't think you understand where the market for HD collections are. They are for people who never got to experience a series before. I don't know how many collections I've bought for the PS3 for games I never played before in my life. Since I just got a PS3, I think 2/3rds of the games I have are collections like Sly Cooper, Zone of the Enders, Mass Effect, God of War, Devil May Cry (a bad decision on my part because i've played the PS2 games and the HD remaster was a piss poor port), and so on. There is a generation of people who haven't even touched this series, people who never bought PS2s because the PS3 was out, people who have always wanted to jump on but were too afraid because of the console jumps.

Regardless of fans who feel the series has gone to crap, this is as much for them as it is for people who don't even know what Kingdom Hearts is.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
By comparing it to a web series I'm not saying its not as important. You shouldn't just judge web series like that, they can be as important the lore of the series they spawned off of. What we're getting at is it's just not easy for people view all of it. Some people just can't. I have friends who haven't played the portable games because they can't afford portable devices when they already have to pay of rent and bills. When I told them about 1.5 remix they disregarded it as well because it's a ps3 exclusive and they don't want to have to buy a ps3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back