• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is Aqua so popular?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
While I still don't understand the "boob" thing (considering that when you look at her sideways her boobs are hardly bigger than Kairi's sometimes and the CGI didn't make them look too good), she's popular because she's made as fanservice bait for horny boys and can fight.

Let's be real. She was popular before she even had a character or story for those reasons.

The fact that she didn't disappoint just ended up more in her favor.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
While I still don't understand the "boob" thing (considering that when you look at her sideways her boobs are hardly bigger than Kairi's sometimes and the CGI didn't make them look too good), she's popular because she's made as fanservice bait for horny boys and can fight.

Let's be real. She was popular before she even had a character or story for those reasons.

The fact that she didn't disappoint just ended up more in her favor.

That's not bad right? yeah sure the male population may of liked her before hand. But she can fight and that's something. Plus she's older, so if guys who grew up with KH and is now older than 18, can actually not feel like Xehanort and be a pedo. :3

What makes me intrested of her is that I like her fighting style and her age. I can't wait to see what happens to her.

alex=axel

Aqua and xion are popular because theyre not female characters that get no explanation.

P.s. Xehanortheartles you are not 21 years old, and the point "shits on 99% on real world women" says that youre probably 12, gay, or dont get out much.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
If people don't mind having very shallow reasons for liking a character, then, yeah.

lol right. You can't blame guys... they like boobs. My best guy friend is very nice and polite but a guy. He can't but notice girl's things. We were playing Super Street Fighter IV and One of the girls outfits show her whole ass and he was talking to me and he just stopped in mid-sentence to look at it. xD Its in their nature.

D VLK

Not really a big fan of Aqua. I think that she is that popular mostly because of her body and the fact that she can fight for herself pretty much. I don't really like her but she is okay to me.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
If people don't mind having very shallow reasons for liking a character, then, yeah.

Let's be honest though; guys aren't the only ones that do that. Girls do that too.

And actually, although I'll admit that Aqua's sex appeal and ability to kick ass was what got me to notice her, I feel that there was a lot more to her in the end than anyone saw coming. And that was what made her my favorite character.

She was the Wild card that pretty much saved the worlds from one cruel fate, only to unintentionally set up another, but perhaps slightly less bad, disaster for everyone. I mean, let's face it, what sort of mayhem and chaos would've transpired across the worlds if MX and Vanitas had succeeded with the xBlade and had managed to begin another Keyblade War?

And while some may disagree with me on this one, I personally felt Aqua developed as a character in BBS rather well. Plus, due to the fact that she's responsible for the destruction that did eventually transpire, this sets Aqua up for even more character development in upcoming games.

That's why she's my favorite character; major role and massive character development potential. The boobs are just a wonderful plus. ;)

Her being punished has nothing to do with how half the series was retconned to be because of her magic... which only worked when you didn't need it >_>;
And that happened before she ever got near to the RoD

Retconned because of her magic? Do you mean the charm she casted on Kairi? I wouldn't call that a retcon; the spell only made sure Kairi would be safe, not that she would definitely end up on Destiny Islands. After all, Aqua met Kairi before she herself even went to DI. xD

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
Let's be honest though; guys aren't the only ones that do that. Girls do that too.

Fanclubs for Aqua: The Aqua Fanclub

Fanclubs for Terra: The Terra Fanclub, the Terra's Pecs fanclub, the Terra's abs fanclub, the Terra's ass fanclub.

Yes, there's a fanclub for Terra's boobs.

Not saying the FC section determines anything, but saying "they like Aqua cause of her bewbs" is a blanket statement. I liked her before BBS came out because I knew she wasn't going to be another generic/comatose damsel in distress.

Which character is liked for shallow reasons now? o_O o_O o_O O.O o_O o_O

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
lol right. You can't blame guys... they like boobs. My best guy friend is very nice and polite but a guy. He can't but notice girl's things. We were playing Super Street Fighter IV and One of the girls outfits show her whole ass and he was talking to me and he just stopped in mid-sentence to look at it. xD Its in their nature.

Except that she doesn't have much boobs in the first place :/. I've said it before, Tifa, let's say, I understand. But Aqua? The outfit just make them more noticeable in comparison to what the other females wear (her clothes are full packed with fetishes anyway). The actual size isn't impressive, and the CGI drove that point home. If not that, her side shots in the actual game. It might be a "guy thing", but it still falls under vanity.

And actually, although I'll admit that Aqua's sex appeal and ability to kick ass was what got me to notice her, I feel that there was a lot more to her in the end than anyone saw coming. And that was what made her my favorite character.

She was the Wild card that pretty much saved the worlds from one cruel fate, only to unintentionally set up another, but perhaps slightly less bad, disaster for everyone. I mean, let's face it, what sort of mayhem and chaos would've transpired across the worlds if MX and Vanitas had succeeded with the xBlade and had managed to begin another Keyblade War?

And while some may disagree with me on this one, I personally felt Aqua developed as a character in BBS rather well. Plus, due to the fact that she's responsible for the destruction that did eventually transpire, this sets Aqua up for even more character development in upcoming games.

That's why she's my favorite character; major role and massive character development potential. The boobs are just a wonderful plus. ;)

Yet you didn't really know that until you played the game. That's what I meant. She was popular even before BBS came out because of her shallow appeal. The West has it ingrained in their minds that the only BEST female character ever is one that can fight, when the others are pretty much representing the normal, every day girl status that we all are in real life. We wouldn't be able to defend ourselves in that situation unless you were some high damn martial artist or something. Yet, those are the ones that get bashed and ignored to the more "ideal one" that we can't be.

As long as the character's good, makes sense within the story, and is riddled with good writing, I'll love them. That's why I love Naminé, who's the quintessential DID. Kairi has spunk, and while she's not my favorite, she's in neutral stand simply because she hasn't been developed. Not because she always gets kidnapped. There's nothing to hate, or like about her, she's just there. And Larxene, good Hell...that lovable bitch is self-explainable all on her own. She's practically the walking antithesis to every main KH heroine, including not looking like a Kairi reject.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Yet you didn't really know that until you played the game. That's what I meant. She was popular even before BBS came out because of her shallow appeal. The West has it ingrained in their minds that the only BEST female character ever is one that can fight, when the others are pretty much representing the normal, every day girl status that we all are in real life. We wouldn't be able to defend ourselves in that situation unless you were some high damn martial artist or something. Yet, those are the ones that get bashed and ignored to the more "ideal one" that we can't be.

Not always. It could just be piss-poor quality that results in a character getting bashed, regardless of whether or not they actually deserve it... *looks at Kairi and Xion*

As long as the character's good, makes sense within the story, and is riddled with good writing, I'll love them. That's why I love Naminé, who's the quintessential DID. Kairi has spunk, and while she's not my favorite, she's in neutral stand simply because she hasn't been developed. Not because she always gets kidnapped. There's nothing to hate, or like about her, she's just there. And Larxene, good Hell...that lovable bitch is self-explainable all on her own. She's practically the walking antithesis to every main KH heroine, including not looking like a Kairi reject.

I actually hate Larxene for being so bitchy. I normally don't mind that type of character, but she just pisses me off... xD

Namine is definitely the most developed female character in the series at this point, so she's right alongside Aqua for me. :D

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Not always. It could just be piss-poor quality that results in a character getting bashed, regardless of whether or not they actually deserve it... *looks at Kairi and Xion*

True. But I would believe that more if the replies didn't consist of "I hate her cause she's such a damsel in distress and can't fight" instead of "she's undeveloped as a character". Xion's...Xion's complicated, lol.

I actually hate Larxene for being so bitchy. I normally don't mind that type of character, but she just pisses me off... xD

Really? I loved her. Favorite female character, KH wise. And she was one of the saving graces of Days for me. You had no idea what deep breaths I took when she was the opposite of everything I expected. I was "OMG, it finally happened".

Then she got killed off too quick. Should have known what would occur when she didn't have Kairi's face...

Namine is definitely the most developed female character in the series at this point, so she's right alongside Aqua for me. :D

And they are in my top three :3.

AfritxAlchemy

All I really wanna know is why Aqua was ignored some of the best spells and attacks... I mean come on... Meteor, Quake, Faith (Holy), Tornado? I mean, wtf? I love her loads but they neglected giving her some powerful spells. :'(

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, you bumped a five month old thread...They probably didn't give them to her because they wanted to spread the powerful spells out evenly among the other characters. I'm sure whenever we get to play as Aqua again, we'll get to have these spells and more.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
All I really wanna know is why Aqua was ignored some of the best spells and attacks... I mean come on... Meteor, Quake, Faith (Holy), Tornado? I mean, wtf? I love her loads but they neglected giving her some powerful spells. :'(

I think that was the case because Terra's affinity is more closely related to Earth/Dark which is why he has Meteor and Quake same goes for Ventus with Wind/Light.

Megavoltage

Awards
This is what bothered me about Aqua. Terra has those powerful earth based moves to go along with his name, Ventus has those powerful wind moves to go along with his name. But what about Aqua? The only water move she has is that weak bubble shotlock that you start the game with.

Aqua should have unique water based spells like Waterga, tidal waves, and giant whirlpools. Spells similar to the Leviathan summon that's in many Final Fantasy games, that's the sort of stuff I want in her moveset. Hopefully BBSV2 remedies this and gives Aqua more water spells.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
This is what bothered me about Aqua. Terra has those powerful earth based moves to go along with his name, Ventus has those powerful wind moves to go along with his name. But what about Aqua? The only water move she has is that weak bubble shotlock that you start the game with.

Aqua should have unique water based spells like Waterga, tidal waves, and giant whirlpools. Spells similar to the Leviathan summon that's in many Final Fantasy games, that's the sort of stuff I want in her moveset. Hopefully BBSV2 remedies this and gives Aqua more water spells.

I'm hoping for this as well. Perhaps it'll be neat if Aqua learned the water clone spell that Demyx has?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
1, She is a woman, in a game wher woman are out numbered by men like ten to 1
2, she is competent reasourceful and kick ass

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aren't water spells rare as bonk in FF anyways? I do hope she'd get water abilities later on. heck, even a Keyblade named "Leviathan" would be amazing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back