• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Kingdom Hearts III is in development right now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

Yes, I'm saying KH3 is in fact in development right now. Why? Keep reading...

When a game goes through development it goes through multiple steps, the first being art and basic planning. The FF Versus XIII team has only programmers working on it right now because the designers and artists should have finished their work already.

It's not far-fetched that KH3 could have been in development for months now. MONTHS. Companies don't wait for half their staff to finish working before letting the first have work on something else. They're not just gonna sit down and wait there for months/years, unless companies are secretly paying money to workers for drinking beer, which is unlikely.

Honestly, I'm very sure we'll see KH3 soon. The absolute soonest it could be announced is at TGS '08, but it might be announced sometime early-mid 2009 where they're much farther in development.

Also, please don't turn this thread into yet another "Where will KH3 go?" thread (although Disney and SE likely chose a system by now) because that's not what it's supposed to be -- it's supposed to explain why KH3 is in development.

FINALDISNEY

Kagemane no Jutsu
TN is preoccupied with FFXIII, FFVersus, 358/2 Days, and BBS so he doesnt have time for kh3 right now

P.S.development stage alone is 8 months, 2-3 months for animating, 5 for programming, and another 2 for marketing/polishing

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yeah. I remember waiting for, like, five years for KH2 to come out. It takes a really long time.

Apollo

Silver Member
It's not in development. You can go on the official SE website and find the list of what projects they are working on.

Sorikux

TN is preoccupied with FFXIII, FFVersus, 358/2 Days, and BBS so he doesnt have time for kh3 right now

P.S.development stage alone is 8 months, 2-3 months for animating, 5 for programming, and another 2 for marketing/polishing

Umm...what's your point? His art designs for all the KH games and the FF gams are...well, done. KH: 358/2 Days and Coded are coming out sometime soon so that takes a load off his shoulders. He's directing Versus but Versus members went to help develop FF XIII because it's "first priority" so that takes a load off as well (for now). All he really has to do is character designs. Not exactly groundbreaking, heavy energy reducing stuff. Heck, he probably only has to do SOME art. Nomura can definitely manage.

@Endless

Wow. Way to read it completely the wrong way. They're not ready to announce KH3 yet -- let alone put it up on their website. When they announce KH3 THEN you'll see it. They don't put up projects on their site if they didn't announce it yet.

Apollo

Silver Member
Umm...what's your point? His art designs for all the KH games and the FF gams are...well, done. KH: 358/2 Days and Coded are coming out sometime soon so that takes a load off his shoulders. He's directing Versus but Versus members went to help develop FF XIII because it's "first priority" so that takes a load off as well (for now). All he really has to do is character designs. Not exactly groundbreaking, heavy energy reducing stuff. Heck, he probably only has to do SOME art. Nomura can definitely manage.

@Endless

Wow. Way to read it completely the wrong way. They're not ready to announce KH3 yet -- let alone put it up on their website. When they announce KH3 THEN you'll see it. They don't put up projects on their site if they didn't announce it yet.

*sigh* When you really think about it. Does it make any amount of sense for them to work on another KH game when they are working on 3 KH projects now? BBS won't be finshed until probley the end of 2009(Maybe later) Do you know what goes into making a video game? A lot! Than add the fact it is going to be on one of these Wii,360, PS3 that only makes it a lot longer. Even if you are right and they are doing some art work here and there.

Sorikux

*sigh* When you really think about it. Does it make any amount of sense for them to work on another KH game when they are working on 3 KH projects now? BBS won't be finshed until probley the end of 2009(Maybe later) Do you know what goes into making a video game? A lot! Than add the fact it is going to be on one of these Wii,360, PS3 that only makes it a lot longer. Even if you are right and they are doing some art work here and there.

Like I said, only the art designers and such would be working on it. Not the programmers (who MAKE the game). Just the designers. Eventually most of those games will be done or will soon be done which means they have enough to work on KH3 and show off something -- even if it's some short CGI movie or whatever.

Edit: Or heck, they could just show some concept art. Or if not that they could just announce the system that it's on only. It's not like other devs haven't done the same by revealing platforms but not showing anything. They're not gonna wait forever to announce it.

Apollo

Silver Member
We won't get a movie because that requires story, not just art. You are talking 2008 right? No way. BBS won't be finshed until about the middle of 09.

Y

Yannis

Yes, I'm saying KH3 is in fact in development right now. Why? Keep reading...

When a game goes through development it goes through multiple steps, the first being art and basic planning. The FF Versus XIII team has only programmers working on it right now because the designers and artists should have finished their work already.

It's not far-fetched that KH3 could have been in development for months now. MONTHS. Companies don't wait for half their staff to finish working before letting the first have work on something else. They're not just gonna sit down and wait there for months/years, unless companies are secretly paying money to workers for drinking beer, which is unlikely.

Honestly, I'm very sure we'll see KH3 soon. The absolute soonest it could be announced is at TGS '08, but it might be announced sometime early-mid 2009 where they're much farther in development.

Also, please don't turn this thread into yet another "Where will KH3 go?" thread (although Disney and SE likely chose a system by now) because that's not what it's supposed to be -- it's supposed to explain why KH3 is in development.
Yeah, but thats not actual development. It´s planning.

FINALDISNEY

Kagemane no Jutsu

@Endless

plus+ its like 2-3 yrs in between releases

KH1-2002
KHCOM-2004
KH2-2006
KHC, 358/2D-2008(?)
BBS-2009(?)
KH3-2010-11(?)

Apollo

Silver Member
we can get a concept video like Sunset Horizons.

But we won't. Not in 2008 atleast because to many projects to waste time making a concept video. Besides in the past our first concept video had always been a secret ending why would that change now?

Sorikux

We won't get a movie because that requires story, not just art. You are talking 2008 right? No way. BBS won't be finshed until about the middle of 09.

I said the soonest was TGS '08 but I think we're likely looking at mid 2009 or so for a video. But as for a system announcement...that could come soon.

@Yannis

It really doesn't matter. As long as they're working on it it counts. It also means they have a system chosen.

@FinalDisney

Yeah...but that's releases. They could give some info/small vids/a platform announcements a while before.

trini202

But we won't. Not in 2008 atleast because to many projects to waste time making a concept video. Besides in the past our first concept video had always been a secret ending why would that change now?

I dont know i was just saying that they don't need a final story just yet to give us a little taste.

Y

Yannis

@Yannis

It really doesn't matter. As long as they're working on it it counts. It also means they have a system chosen.
Nomura is already working on 8 projects. They need a director to develop KHIII. If Nomura was in, then he would have 9 projects. I guess I just call him a beast xD

Apollo

Silver Member
I said the soonest was TGS '08 but I think we're likely looking at mid 2009 or so for a video. But as for a system announcement...that could come soon.

Hey! Check that out! We are on the same page now! :thumbsup:

I think we are looking at mid 09 for system choice, and late 09/ early 10 for info.

Sorikux

It takes a really long time for a game like KH3 to come out.

The programers are probably just planning.

The programmers are likely not planning much right now. All that's happening is that art and such is being worked on with a platform in mind.

Edit: @Endless

They could announce a system sooner (TGS '08) if they want to and if they feel ready. In fact, they could probably announce a system RIGHT NOW if thye wanted to because the game is being worked on so obviously a system is in mind.

Apollo

Silver Member
The programmers are likely not planning much right now. All that's happening is that art and such is being worked on with a platform in mind.

Edit: @Endless

They could announce a system sooner (TGS '08) if they want to and if they feel ready. In fact, they could probably announce a system RIGHT NOW if thye wanted to because the game is being worked on so obviously a system is in mind.

The game is being planned(not worked on). Honestly I don't think they even have a final choice yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back