• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why Kingdom Hearts III is in development right now

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
I agree.

New, are you telling me BBS is gonna finish in two more years? -_-

I really don't understand why you guys are so intent on trying to believe it's not in pre-production/development/whatever.

We are so intent on saying BBS will come very later because Nomura stated that from the three games, BBS was the last one to come since it was gonna take some time to make it. And admit your defeat, I admit mine and admit yours.

Also, it's TOO SOON for KHIII to come, they are working on three games to EXPLAIN THE PLOT OF THE GAME! As in if they release it now it WILL leave questions, it's like saying realising CoM AFTER KHII and people ask themselves... Why is Sora on a pod? If it's organization XIII why are there only 8 members left?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
One of the games has to come out this year. If it doesn't, the pattern'll be broken.

Sexy Angel
bbs 50% done, it's been in production for more than 2 years so it's more like 80% done.

But during those 2 years, KH2 and KH2FM+ AND Re: CoM has been occupying the KH devlpment team, so its safe to say that BBS will be done more quickly, if 358/2 Days and Coded doesnt take up too much time.

Master Riku 789

But during those 2 years, KH2 and KH2FM+ AND Re: CoM has been occupying the KH devlpment team, so its safe to say that BBS will be done more quickly, if 358/2 Days and Coded doesnt take up too much time.

o'k they started bbs after kh2. kh2 was released in december 2005 for japan. so they had about 4 months before they started re:com. re:com was finished around january 07. so from from january 07 to current day is about 19 months. so 19 + 4= 23. so bbs has been in production for a 1 year and 11 months. i seriously doubt that bbs will be finished by mid 09. bbs will be released in japan this year.

Sorikux

We are so intent on saying BBS will come very later because Nomura stated that from the three games, BBS was the last one to come since it was gonna take some time to make it. And admit your defeat, I admit mine and admit yours.

Also, it's TOO SOON for KHIII to come, they are working on three games to EXPLAIN THE PLOT OF THE GAME! As in if they release it now it WILL leave questions, it's like saying realising CoM AFTER KHII and people ask themselves... Why is Sora on a pod? If it's organization XIII why are there only 8 members left?

KH: CoM and KH2 were in development at the same time. I don't see why they can't have both of them being worked on at the same. BBS would come out first and KH3 would come out about a year or so later.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
KH: CoM and KH2 were in development at the same time. I don't see why they can't have both of them being worked on at the same. BBS would come out first and KH3 would come out about a year or so later.

CoM prolonged KH2 by a year. But all of them are being worked on at the same time.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
And it was damn well worth it.

lol

Anyway, really, it doesn't matter. I'd just rather have BBS here, like, sooner, so KH3 can wait.

The hell it was, or did you forget:

Axel: Don't leave me Roxas! Me love you long time.
Roxas: I love you too Axel...
[/gay]

F--k Kingdom Hearts 2.

I'd expect KH3 to come out a year after BBS anyway...

Currently it is only being written. Anything beyond that is out of the question, until confirmed otherwise, which isn't happening anytime soon because they have to focus on other games as well.

DragonQuest series
Final Fantasy series
That other series that isn't trash that's not Kingdom Hearts.

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
If you think KH3's system has already been chosen, I mean.....that's just stupid..

~ i'm sure it has, given it's history with more important installments being released on the main console for sony. and plus doesn't square have a history of it's main game franchises having big installments released on the ps2 or ps3? there not gonna release it on the freakin wii, are they? no. not unless it's released as a greatest hits title or somethin.

Currently it is only being written. Anything beyond that is out of the question, until confirmed otherwise, which isn't happening anytime soon because they have to focus on other games as well.

DragonQuest series
Final Fantasy series
That other series that isn't trash that's not Kingdom Hearts.

~ thank ya very much.

Last edited:

Vox

Omnipresent Power
Awards
The thread should be named "Why Kingdom Hearts III is NOT in development right now"

Reason for saying is this. Square is working far to much on other titles to have put any REAL time into KH3. for example the FF XIII series isnt done the most we got is a trailer. not to mention the other RPg's there working on plus BBS and the other 2 arent even done yet. ppfft please KH3 wont be in the works for a while

~azure.requiem

「fukanou.wa.NANIMO. desu」
Awards
Website
azure-requiem.tumblr.com
The thread should be named "Why Kingdom Hearts III is NOT in development right now"

Reason for saying is this. Square is working far to much on other titles to have put any REAL time into KH3. for example the FF XIII series isnt done the most we got is a trailer. not to mention the other RPg's there working on plus BBS and the other 2 arent even done yet. ppfft please KH3 wont be in the works for a while

~ oh, it's in development, believe you me. everything's probably written on napkins right now, but it's definitely in development.

JTShiro

Well, here is the order of things imo
Late 2008: KH 358/2 Japan
Early 2009: US release
Mid 2009: Coded release Japan only of course since cell phones here suck
Late 2009: BBS released Japan
Early 2010: BBS released in USA
TGS 2010: KH3 announced for whatever console it goes on (I would place a bet PS3 gets it, but Wii has a legit shot of getting it)

Overall its gonna be a while till we see not only BBS but even an announcement of KH3, the problem being that FFXIII is having problems (obviously since its been in development for ages) and the Versus team working on XIII to make sure it gets done soon. Also, if nobody remembers the reason why KH2 took so long to make was because they dumped the original engine (a real crappy idea imo) which as a result lead to longer development time, KH3 is gonna probably get a new engine either way so that adds a bunch of time on so I will guess KH3 will not be seen till TGS 2010

Star Light

Star Light-Star Bright
As terribly sorry I am to burst your bubble it does not take long. My cousin is in gaming development. I believe War Craft any way, diffrent groups will get togeather and right diffrent stories. That could be happening now or may not. All the groups will present the stories to the director or in our case Normura. Normura will pick his favorite and which ever will fit in best with the story. Then the words and art starts. They pick actors and start voice. Put it all together. Then you have a video game. They then hire testers to test the game. After the game has been tested the game is rated. This can take a very long time if it takes more than about four months if it goes over it will be sent out to markets. It usually starts in whatever country the game was made or in most cases Japan. Then about 3 months later hits the nation. This big step can take about 2 1/2 years. It's really not that dificult according to my cousin.

EDIT: Yay I hit 200! I'm no longer Warrior of Darkness! Yay!

T

Tattered Rebirth

I have to go with JTShiro on this, and say those release dates are probably right on the money.

Star, congrats!

T

Tattered Rebirth

Why would the development of KH3 be secret? We all know it's coming eventually!

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
It's probably coming, but Square kinda has a lot on their hands, if you haven't noticed already.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Um... they haven't released it to the public... so why would it be on their site? So, it could easily be being worked on. Doy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back