• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

wisdom teeth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
How old are you? They might just be your back molars.
In which case, the teeth behind those are your wisdom teeth.
Oh, so THAT's what they are?
I thought the two teeth in the back of my gums were my wisdom teeth D: (because they would hurt every now and then) I thought they were coming out early or something x_x;

Wow, I never thought it was that bad. I knew it was painful, but...
/does not want her wisdom teeth

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Soo the teeth behind your teeth are your wisdom teeth? Why do they call them wisdom teeth?

wisdom_teeth1.jpg

Because they typically become visible/fully erupted in your early 20s...when you're gaining adult wisdom and leaving childhood foolishness.
They begin growing in your mouth during your teens, however.

Mine were fine actually...they just took them out because they figured it might help with some jaw problems I had (which it didn't so it was kind of pointless). Mine were also fully grown and already erupting when I was 16 years old.

But many people's wisdom teeth don't grow properly and end up impacting the rest of your teeth and causing jaw pain or crowded/crooked teeth, so they remove them.

wisdom_teeth_01_en1.jpg

Karutomaru

Banned
Having your wisdom teeth taken out is one of the worst things you can experience in your life. From beginning to end it's nothing but a constant stream of pain and suffering! NEVER AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN!
s1jessie

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Mine are growing in and I don't plan on removing em.

My mom only says they'll be removed if the Dentist thinks my mouth ain't big enough anyway.

tangerine

Awards
I haven't had mine taken out yet. My two upper teeth came out perfectly fine, but my two bottom ones are almost completely impacted. I'll be taking care of that soon. :{

Mikail

That's What She Said
Awards
Ugh wisdom teeth.
My mouth had 6 wisdom teeth and another tooth removed. (I guess I had an extra one of those, too.)

6? You poor thing! I had all four of mine taken out 2 years ago. Terrible time. Couldn't eat or sleep and kept throwing up a few times because my wounds weren't healing and I ended up swallowing a large amount of blood. Should have stuck to TruBlood (lol?)

Sukiyomi

omg i remember back then...well for me it didnt really hurt since I was pretty much drugged up every 3 hours. I didnt even give the pain the chance to surface so I dont know what its like alll the way.

I will say though that I missed one of those times I was supposed to be drugged up and the pain started to surface little by little....so painful...

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
6? You poor thing! I had all four of mine taken out 2 years ago. Terrible time. Couldn't eat or sleep and kept throwing up a few times because my wounds weren't healing and I ended up swallowing a large amount of blood. Should have stuck to TruBlood (lol?)

I could eat but I was stuck eating cream of chicken soup and pudding and I longed for something meaty. I ended up dealing with eating bologna to get my fix. ._. My boyfriend made me rice pudding and I couldn't eat that and I felt horrible. I couldn't open my mouth enough.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Can't they just inject novocaine/any other anesthetic in your gums or something so it'll be less painful? Or does it work differently with wisdom teeth?
I had to get a canine pulled out a couple years ago and it was completely painless because of it. I didn't even know my tooth was out until the dentist told me.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can't they just inject novocaine/any other anesthetic in your gums or something so it'll be less painful? Or does it work differently with wisdom teeth?
I had to get a canine pulled out a couple years ago and it was completely painless because of it. I didn't even know my tooth was out until the dentist told me.
I was completely out when they took them out. It didn't hurt much until I got home. I was just really loopy the whole car ride and begging my mom to get my boyfriend to come over.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yeah it's a total anesthetic. They usually put you out completely.
The surgery isn't bad at all. There's no pain and you're usually asleep throughout the whole thing. Even the after-surgery isn't that bad.

It's the hours AFTER that where the anesthesia begins to wear off and you start regaining your sense and you're like "OMFG I CAN'T TALK I CAN'T EAT THIS HURTS OMG"

Aria

braver by the minute
One of mine won't decide if it's coming through or not. It somehow goes back and forth, messing that bit of my gum up each time. Stupid tooth -___-

That's exactly what mine is doing. Only one is coming in so far, and some days it will make my gum swollen but then others it doesn't :/ I hope I don't have to get them taken out(but I probably will anyway), because I had to watch both my brothers go through that -_- not something that I'm looking forward too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back