• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

WaltK

Awards
WISH ENDING SPOILERS

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Now that I've actually watched the movie;

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KeybladeGuy

Awards
So, I recently discovered this really cool up and coming channel, and they did a sick video today about Disney worlds they'd like to see. There's some pretty niche picks in there, and they even have some pretty cool little world intro animations. I'd highly recommend checking them out if you got a few minutes. They got a couple other videos on the channel too about Overwatch and Multiversus if you're interested in those as well, also both pretty high quality.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
So, I recently discovered this really cool up and coming channel, and they did a sick video today about Disney worlds they'd like to see. There's some pretty niche picks in there, and they even have some pretty cool little world intro animations. I'd highly recommend checking them out if you got a few minutes. They got a couple other videos on the channel too about Overwatch and Multiversus if you're interested in those as well, also both pretty high quality.

the fact he started off with Robin Hood as his first world choice has garnered my attention.

Reactions: Raz

KeybladeGuy

Awards
the fact he started off with Robin Hood as his first world choice has garnered my attention.

Yeah, it was a pleasant surprise. I too owned Robin Hood as a kid, watched it and Hercules like crazy.

I really like their idea for Princess and the Frog as well, always thought that'd be a sick world idea.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Repeating what I said in the unpopular opinions thread, in what is probably an unpopular opinion in of itself.

I just can't see KH4 having "normal" Disney worlds. Sora's basically in a whole new universe now. Hell, he's not just not in the KH universe ATM, he's not in the KH franchise! It would defeat the purpose of Sora not being in Kansas anymore if the worlds of KH4 are all like P&tF or Moana and so forth. They pretty much have to be categorically different from what we've seen before in order to convey that feeling of being in a foreign land.

And I say this as someone who has Zootopia as his #1 most wanted. There's a time and place for everything and this ain't it.

Then there's the art direction of KH4. The move to have both Quadranum and Sora himself look as close to live action as possible. I seriously doubt they're only gonna have Sora looking like that in Quadranum and he goes back to anime boi in the Disney worlds. No, that's his face for the whole game. And that'll him stand out too much in animated film worlds. Maybe Mary Poppins or Roger Rabbit where the contrast is the point, but not any traditional Disney film or Pixar. Even if the RotJ tease wasn't there, the debut trailer was still practically shouting "expect live action worlds".

It's almost like Nomura purposely created a new setting purely to justify having the unconventional Disney IP in the series. Fans keep saying say things like Marvel and SW don't belong in KH, but instead of Square saying "you're right, they shouldn't" and leaving it at that, they instead sought a solution to that problem. Far more constructive than some hard arbitrary gatekeeping criteria of what does and doesn't belong.

Last edited:

KeybladeGuy

Awards
Repeating what I said in the unpopular opinions thread, in what is probably an unpopular opinion in of itself.

I just can't see KH4 having "normal" Disney worlds. Sora's basically in a whole new universe now. Hell, he's not just not in the KH universe ATM, he's not in the KH franchise! It would defeat the purpose of Sora not being in Kansas anymore if the worlds of KH4 are all like P&tF or Moana and so forth. They pretty much have to be categorically different from what we've seen before in order to convey that feeling of being in a foreign land.

And I say this as someone who has Zootopia as his #1 most wanted. There's a time and place for everything and this ain't it.

Then there's the art direction of KH4. The move to have both Quadranum and Sora himself look as close to live action as possible. I seriously doubt they're only gonna have Sora looking like that in Quadranum and he goes back to anime boi in the Disney worlds. No, that's his face for the whole game. And that'll him stand out too much in animated film worlds. Maybe Mary Poppins or Roger Rabbit where the contrast is the point, but not any traditional Disney film or Pixar. Even if the RotJ tease wasn't there, the debut trailer was still practically shouting "expect live action worlds".

It's almost like Nomura purposely created a new setting purely to justify having the unconventional Disney IP in the series. Fans keep saying say things like Marvel and SW don't belong in KH, but instead of Square saying "you're right, they shouldn't" and leaving it at that, they instead sought a solution to that problem. Far more constructive than some hard arbitrary gatekeeping criteria of what does and doesn't belong.

If that's the case though why aren't Pirates and Tron in the same realm as Quadratum?

You also should consider that Disney will still be wanting to promote popular properties.

If they start doing the live action remakes though I might actually drop the franchise.

Megavoltage

Awards
I get why others are frustrated but I personally like the idea of a game that takes a crowbar to the status quo and ‘normal’ worlds. Yeah, Quantum is perfect potential for this, the ability to go crazy as you want. Marvel, Star Wars, Alien, Predator, Planet of the Apes, Simpsons, throw in everything that wouldn’t fit alongside a Disney princess. Whatever Quantum turns out being I bet visiting it will become normalized in future games once Sora and Riku return home with the right knowledge and equipment. This is too much of a set up for a one and done game. It'll probably be treated like the Realm of Darkness. A very dangerous place that you can become trapped in but if you're ready for it you can enter, explore, and then go home.

Quantum, worldlines, huge cast of playable characters. Too bad game releases are so far apart... I want to play with all these new toys so badly! ;_;

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If that's the case though why aren't Pirates and Tron in the same realm as Quadratum?
Hindsight is 20/20. Obviously Nomura didn't had the idea back then & people weren't quite as whiny about live action back then either. Plus those were both Disney original IPs, not acquisitions like Marvel or SW.

Neo_

Awards
It's an absolute sin and joke that Robin Hood has somehow not been in the series thus far.

Yeah, as a massive fan of classic Disney animation I sadly have to agree with this and it seems like this is where things are going. Donald and Goofy may be trapped in some other realm (interestingly the voice in the trailer we all understand to be Hades -- sick of Olympus!)

You are right that it would be an amazing excuse to get Roger Rabbit and Mary Poppins in there. It's too bad Song of the South can't happen, just for the sake of the Br'ers being cool characters.

The Marvel and Star Wars stuff is fine, but if they start using it as an excuse to make the live action remakes worlds, then that will be bad.

Maybe just maybe Sora will be on his own in some portion of the game, and then he will be reunited with D&G and they can visit some conventional Disney worlds.

But I would be over the moon with this being the "acquisition" game if it means we'll get a Simpsons world. Let's also get the Muppets as a mini-game world.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe just maybe Sora will be on his own in some portion of the game, and then he will be reunited with D&G and they can visit some conventional Disney worlds.

But I would be over the moon with this being the "acquisition" game if it means we'll get a Simpsons world. Let's also get the Muppets as a mini-game world.
Donald & Goofy in KH4:

979a313e35b0f139e4156d76baec2fc4.jpg

epic_mickey__donald_and_goofy_by_lizzy1e_d2wx2f1-fullview.jpg

Megavoltage

Awards
Sora entered a book to visit Pooh, could he do the same with Marvel comics? Like jump into an issue of Hulk? That could explain why the entire Marvel cast doesn't show up during a Heartless invasion, they're not written into the story. I think good comic picks would be...

Iron Man or Ant-Man worlds for sci-fi adventures.
Thor or Doctor Strange for magic adventures.
Guardians of the Galaxy or Nova for space adventures(bring Stitch)
Daredevil and the Heroes for Hire cast for street adventures against crime syndicates.
Hesitant to say Spider-Man since it would be hard to top his full games with a Kingdom Hearts visit, maybe it's best not to try.
Avengers or X-Men for a big climactic final Disney world.

Besides having his own world or whatever I think Doctor Strange could be the Yensid of Quantum, but more competent. He'd naturally have a lot of knowledge about magic and traveling through realms since that's the kind of character he is. Strange's help would be especially useful to an adventuring keyblader.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I really, really, really don't want thinks like SW and Marvel in the game. I'm not going to say I'm going to abandon the franchise altogether, but I dunno. The game initially drew me in because it combined Disney magic with shonen FF bullshit. Captain America and Rogue One don't have that, they're just movies. Like plotwise, I'm sure you could fit them in Quadratum. But that melancholic magical feel we all fell in love with? That won't be there.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Saw a comment on Reddiit that mentioned how with Verum Rex being a realization of Nomura’s ideas for Versus XIII, it would be cool if the game also featured previously cut ideas from the KH series. Worlds like Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, etc. And characters like Laguna, Vincent, etc.

I suggested that if this were the case, “Unreality” could be the realm of the unrealized.

I agree with what others have said that this game is going to focus on properties with realistic visuals to draw a clear line between the normal KH universe and Unreality. But what if some of these animated films could still be included, just with realistic textures, lighting, etc.?

I think if they can make Donald and Goofy work in the Caribbean graphics, they could easily do the same for the characters in Atlantis and Treasure Planet. Both have darker atmospheres that I think would work well for this.

Only problem is I don’t think Star Wars has ever been intended to be in the series before now. But it did serve as a source of inspiration. Maybe Nomura had an unrealized idea for a Star Wars thing at some point that we aren’t aware of?

Neo_

Awards
I really, really, really don't want thinks like SW and Marvel in the game. I'm not going to say I'm going to abandon the franchise altogether, but I dunno. The game initially drew me in because it combined Disney magic with shonen FF bullshit. Captain America and Rogue One don't have that, they're just movies. Like plotwise, I'm sure you could fit them in Quadratum. But that melancholic magical feel we all fell in love with? That won't be there.
I 100% agree with this, but honestly, KH started losing the "magical melancholy" for me after KH1 lol.

I feel like Kingdom Hearts is no longer the series/game I grew up with, but that's life.

WaltK

Awards
I was refreshing myself on a couple of lore bits the other day, and I honestly forgot that the "soul" was a concept in this series, different from the heart and the body.

And I realised: hey. Soul. …as in the Pixar movie.

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
Moana 2 got announced, if Moana gets in will we see Moana 1 or 2?
Definitely Moana 1. The sequel was just announced and won't be released until November of this year. I know Nomura and the KH team get to see movies in advance, but it's unlikely that there will be enough time to squeeze this one into KH4, unless they decide to do Disney worlds as DLC.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Definitely Moana 1. The sequel was just announced and won't be released until November of this year. I know Nomura and the KH team get to see movies in advance, but it's unlikely that there will be enough time to squeeze this one into KH4, unless they decide to do Disney worlds as DLC.
While Wish wasn't as good as Raya, I think it will make for a strong KH world almost as much as that film, no doubt. The beautiful castle, the design aesthetic, a villain that we can actually fight, the wish orbs, etc. Hopefully Star is a party member, that's the part I would enjoy the most. I suppose they could have Asha be given the magic wand by Star earlier so that she can be a party member, too. Encanto will be a harder film to create a world for, but they can definitely make it work if they're creative (I think I said back when that film came out that they could have the Heartless take control of the doors and create nightmare levels Sora has to traverse to free various family members from).

Very true about the more melancholy aspect only being in KH1. That said, I do see KH as having value still, even if it's mostly in the Disney integration, level creation, and a few of the original characters rather than in the whole.

Back