• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xbox Natal: Fall 2010; Iterative hardware, same software

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

frisson

Silver Member
Yes but now that they're given the chance, they can release a model with rivalled specs to the PS3. They may as well, it's not like the next gen will arrive too soon.

S

Shadow Soldier

But then how are the games supposed to work on both the 360 old and new? One of them is going to be getting the short end of the stick. Also, why rival what the PS3 has when you're already beating it in sales? =/

frisson

Silver Member
Uh... like a pc runs games with minimum specs? Both old and new will be able to play the game, it'll just be better on the new model.

S

Shadow Soldier

It's not going to become the norm. You think they're going to scrap everything and just focus on that?

S

Shadow Soldier

What competition? They already admittedly said they're going for second place... What is the PS3's remote going to be the norm now?

S

Shadow Soldier

No. They won't. They'll have casual games, but they'll always be a hardcore crowd. They're not dumb like Nintendo.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Looks fun....
Looks expensive. >_>

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
On second thought, it might not be that expensive. By the time it comes out; the Xbox 360 hardware is 5 years old. Five year old technology is not expensive. Not only that; but they'll also have smaller, cheaper chipsets inside the console. I would estimate a $250 - $300 price tag.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Rumor is that Microsoft has been working on a new chipset that combines the CPU and the GPU into a 65nm chip, which along with allowing for much cooler run temperatures (maybe getting rid of the RROD?) and beefier power for games, would basically allow for the console to be slimmed down ridiculously into the whole sleek-n-sexy tiny shit that Apple brought about and the casuals cream over.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
(maybe getting rid of the RROD?)
Want.

However I find it hard to justify updating current console with new version of current console that now has two cameras in it (Looking at you, Nintendo). I don't like this trend. Makes me think of how the pokemon games always have that third in the set coming out and forcing you to spend moar moneys because it's what the first two should have been. Doing that with a 300 dollar system though is like.. :\ I don't know. Not cool. Guess we'll have to wait and see if it'll be worthwhile to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back