• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion story mode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairiangel

yeah it is possible or it may be like KH 2 where u play as Roxas first than Sora but it may just keep changing to each character! so yeah u could expect that to happen!

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Let's not forget that the Soroxas battle was just a cutscene until Final Mix. Square is totally capable of that.

Normally I'd say no, doubt it, but considering what a prominent figure Xion has been in the trailers (and appearing in so many scenes where Roxas is not present), I'd say it's a possibility. Though she is stealing the damn SPOTLIGHT--the game is supposed to focus on ROXAS.

Speaking of stupid fight scenes that should be playable, RIKU V. ROXAS IN 358/2 DAYS PLZ.

Personally, I think that Square is using Xion and her storyline as a distraction at the moment. I mean, I'm sure her storyline will be important, but I think that the reason why they're currently showing more of her than Roxas is so that we don't question what's in store for Roxas. There must be a lot of storyline for Roxas.. heheh. Anyways, I'd have no issue with either Xion or Riku being a second main, in a Reverse Rebirth-like scenario. I think it's fairly likely, but probably more so for Riku. Then again, these scenes could easily just be a "meanwhile.." type sceens.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
Personally, I'd much rather they gave us a Riku scenario if they give us another playable scenario. Xion is a main part in both Roxas's and Riku's story, and they gave us enough material in the trailer that would be all but impossible to show in a logical way not only in Roxas's scenario but in a Xion scenario too.

Xion and Riku on DI. Why should Roxas know? He shouldn't. Riku or Xion scenario possibility.

Riku vs Xion? Riku is supposed to win, thus giving it merit as having Xion be a boss battle for him.

And of course the scene between Riku and Mickey in the forest in Twilight Town. If it's playable and not say in the opening sequence, neither Xion nor Roxas seem likely to even be around for the most part.

Xion's story is important, but because it is important you won't get to play as her, I think. That's because her importance is in how she affects Roxas and Riku, not in her getting through her own story. Sort of like how Riku was in KH1 - Riku had his own story and he went by it, but for the most part you didn't even need to see it, only how it affected Sora, being the main protagonist.
Not ruling out a Xion scenario, I just think that a Riku one is more likely, especially since Riku's story is one of the four stories Nomura said he wanted to tell, being -
Roxas's time in the Org (Days, obvious scenario),
The time of the King's Absence (Coded, a bit of Days)
Xehanort's lost Memories (BBS),
And Riku's time away (Coded, and hopefully Days).

I doubt Riku'd get his own game anytime soon, so him being a playable scenario is likely.

MORE RIKU WOULD BE GLORIOUS. I never actually did get to play him in CoM because of stupid Riku Replica's neverending boss battles, and playing him for REAL (i.e. no Yugioh) would be great, and better than the slowass in KH2.

If Xion's anything like Namine, it would probably be really weird to play her, period. I forwent sleep last night to read your Kairi v. Namine essay, btw. I think I love you.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't mind playing as Xion.
But what SA said makes a lot of sense.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
MORE RIKU WOULD BE GLORIOUS. I never actually did get to play him in CoM because of stupid Riku Replica's neverending boss battles, and playing him for REAL (i.e. no Yugioh) would be great, and better than the slowass in KH2.

CoM card method >>>>>>>>>> Yugi-Oh XD

I forwent sleep last night to read your Kairi v. Namine essay, btw. I think I love you.

:wub:

*coughjointheclubinthesigcough*

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
I would like to see some xion kicking action on 358/2 days and that could explain the /2 in 358 days ya know! maybe the /2 is 358 devided on two characters ,thus Xion and roxas? sorta Castle oblivion 13 up 13 down?

Actually, Castle Oblivion was 13 up and 12 down, cause Riku was never in Winnie the Pooh

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
He did? o.o I remember demo impressions saying she was, though in the Multiplayer. Can you quote?

The demo just had her on the screen, I think she might be playable, but I dont think that the demo confirmed it.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The demo just had her on the screen, I think she might be playable, but I dont think that the demo confirmed it.

Well, I remember something about the Multiplayer being in a sort of AU timeline to explain the CoM members being playable, so Xion could fall into that, I just want to see the quote that said Xion wasn't playable - and see if it's at all or you won't get her as a partner in any of the 'real timeline' missions

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I don't think it's ever been outright confirmed whether or not Xion would be playable in multiplayer mode, but seeing her on the demo screen is probably the closest we've gotten to an actual yes.

As for her own story mode, I doubt it, for the same reason why I doubt Axel would get his own story mode: their stories appear to be centered around Roxas. You'd essentially be playing the same game with a few variations and a different ending. The difference between a playable Xion story and Reverse/Rebirth is that Riku was not involved in Sora's story throughout Chain of Memories. He was in the basement, while Sora was upstairs. Their stories were connected, but not the same.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
As for her own story mode, I doubt it, for the same reason why I doubt Axel would get his own story mode: their stories appear to be centered around Roxas.

I kind of feel it's the other way around that Roxas's story is centering around Xion in a way. Their stories are laced within each other but Xion has a lot more than just her interaction with Roxas as the scenes centering around her interaction with both Axel alone and Riku show.
I do agree she won't have her own story mode though for the reasons I explained before - Xion makes it all move around, but in a way, in that aspect, is a plot device much like Kairi was in the first KH1. It's seeing Roxas, Axel and Riku react to that plot device that has playability worth.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Exactly. It would be redundant, because everything important about Xion would have already been seen through Roxas, Riku, or Axel's eyes. (At least, that's my guess, nobody knows the full story of the game yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back