• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Personally, I felt that the whole, no one will remember her was pointless. Did anyone forget the Replica Riku? I'll admit that the RR point can't be proved since they don't speak of him in any of the later points, but they put in a new character and then took her out in a way that didn't change the main story one bit. I found it a little upsetting.
The Repliku wasn't working on stolen/abosrbed memories though, it was using data copies of memories. Not to mention Repliku was a more perfected Replica than Xion.

And I'm pretty sure Vexen and Axel both refer to Repliku in their secret reports.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Another thing I don't get, why was everyone in the game saying that Xion was a better Replica than the RR? They were way more succesful with their plans with RR, which was to lure Sora up CO.

Xion kept fainting breaking, ran away, caused a lot of trouble for the Organization, and was suspicious of them from the beginning.

With RR, they had him under almost complete control, and he only fainted once & went against Marluxia because Namine interfeared.

And they were missing the point of the word replica. It means an exact copy of something or someone to every detail about them. Xion was nothing like Sora, except memories and keyblade, but that's it. RR was an exact copy of Riku, evrything from his attitude to his white hair.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Another thing I don't get, why was everyone in the game saying that Xion was a better Replica than the RR? They were way more succesful with their plans with RR, which was to lure Sora up CO.

Xion kept fainting breaking, ran away, caused a lot of trouble for the Organization, and was suspicious of them from the beginning.

With RR, they had him under almost complete control, and he only fainted once & went against Marluxia because Namine interfeared.

And they were missing the point of the word replica. It means an exact copy of something or someone to every detail about them. Xion was nothing like Sora, except memories and keyblade, but that's it. RR was an exact copy of Riku, evrything from his attitude to his white hair.

It's Xion, that's why. It's suppose to be the special little snowflake. Heck, even Riku Replica remains truly dead with no one really caring for him and lack of friends. And then Xion gets the sympathies, for some reason.

I don't even know why the Organization would even plan to drag a clone into this knowing the way the Riku Replica ended (and he was the second o.o. What did they think would happen to the first? Spit rainbows and obedience?). I'm sure they would have read the reports or know what went on. Heck, if Axel can get into Vexen's files...

Seriously, sometimes it feels like Xemnas plotted himself to fail. That was some stupid move on his behalf for someone that's supposedly intelligent. Even if they created it because they had no idea the stork will bring Roxas to them as a bundle of joy. Depending on something else was risky.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seriously, sometimes it feels like Xemnas plotted himself to fail. That was some stupid move on his behalf for someone that's supposedly intelligent. Even if they created it because they had no idea the stork will bring Roxas to them as a bundle of joy. Depending on something else was risky.

....This might be right.

I mean why else would he order the Sora-clone to be the one to kill Riku, knowing
+Riku is way stronger than the Sora-clone
+Riku might break the Sora-clone
+Riku might steal the Sora-clone
+Riku might intentionally plant seeds of doubt in the Sora-clone
+meeting Riku might activate hidden memories in the memory-malleable Sora-clone causing it to distrust the org and run away forever
+meeting Riku might activate hidden memories in the memory-malleable Sora-clone causing it to distrust the org and side with Riku
+meeting Riku might activate hidden memories in the memory-malleable Sora-clone causing it to distrust the org and attack them alone

liek srsly

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
....This might be right.

I mean why else would he order the Sora-clone to be the one to kill Riku, knowing
+Riku is way stronger than the Sora-clone
+Riku might break the Sora-clone
+Riku might steal the Sora-clone
+Riku might intentionally plant seeds of doubt in the Sora-clone
+meeting Riku might activate hidden memories in the memory-malleable Sora-clone causing it to distrust the org and run away forever
+meeting Riku might activate hidden memories in the memory-malleable Sora-clone causing it to distrust the org and side with Riku
+meeting Riku might activate hidden memories in the memory-malleable Sora-clone causing it to distrust the org and attack them alone

liek srsly

That sort OF downgrades his villainy. Among other things in 358/2 Days.

And it reminds me to question why I have this game. Goldpanner, why do I? WHY? D:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
That sort OF downgrades his villainy. Among other things in 358/2 Days.

I think it's just that Xemnas, like many villains, has an ego that's larger than Kingdom Hearts itself. It's like asking why Voldemort would be stupid enough to announce his grand plans for revival and then challenge Harry Potter to a duel, thereby giving him a chance to escape. Or why Sauron didn't do a better job of guarding Mount Doom, the one place where his Ring could be destroyed. Because these characters simply cannot comprehend the idea of anyone being strong enough to defeat them.

Likewise, Xemnas was probably thinking along the lines of: "I created Xion. It's my clone and I can make it do whatever I want." Whereas Roxas was an actual person that he couldn't just reprogram to obey him.

And it reminds me to question why I have this game. Goldpanner, why do I? WHY? D:

*raises hand* Oooo, I know why! :D

Larxene-baby-ava.gif

THAT'S WHY!​

Dr_Mario64

First of all, the Organization's entire point of creating Xion was to examine her and Roxas and decide which was better at completing Kingdom Hearts. I realize that Xion is the least essential character, but I still feel for her. After all, she did suffer a lot of abuse throughout the course of the game. I was heartbroken when I found out that she had part of Sora's memories and had to be destroyed to return them to Roxas. Also, I don't sense the strategy behind creating her. She was more in contact with Sora's memories and thus more in contact with her heart. This is why she kept trying to escape. It took Roxas until it was too late to discover Xemnas' true plans. Worst of all was Axel given the "icky" work of taking Xion out. I don't know who to feel the most sorry for.

lunatic1997

well i thought she wuz pretty cool except i wuz freaked out by sora form and wuz touched by her sacrifice 2 sora and literly cried when she died but during the fight i wuz like wtf how does she have 4 arms

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
she was there for really no reason
she could have not been in the game and it would still have made sense

Allister Rose

French Lover
personally...i thought it would be good to make her not be organization 13 member. like they intended to make a sora replica and she ended up being captured by riku (under DiZ's order) which used to his advantage to go against org13.

roxas not knowing she was a fake member when she met her at a clocktower and became friends and met each other everyday....idk i think it would be good

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I generally don't dislike Xion, but I don't really like her either. I don't mind that she's not integral to the series' plot, I just don't like that she pulled a lot of the attention away from Roxas later in Days. Xion's connection with Sora was a really cool idea, and I was thrilled that they brought back replicas again. But Roxas was much better developed than she was, and Roxas didn't have a habit of fainting into the arms of attractive men, so I really think he should have remained the undisputed main character. Xion reeked of Mary Sue, and the fact that she hijacked the story sort of solidified that idea. Her death was a very sad scene, but I think I honestly felt worse for Roxas than for her. And Riku's relationship with Xion was... creepy... I know it wasn't meant to be, but it's hard not to notice that Riku is essentially bonding with a female form of his best friend... *shiver*

But I seem to be one of the only people who liked her VA. I don't like 'the scream', but I think her performance was good enough besides that. Her death scene was especially well done, IMO.

blueheart

Bronze Member
But I seem to be one of the only people who liked her VA. I don't like 'the scream', but I think her performance was good enough besides that. Her death scene was especially well done, IMO.

I actually didn't mind her VA either, despite that I really don't like her. It wasn't to bad. Though that scream was pointless. and annoying. And I agree with what you said. I didn't mind her too much when I saw trailers, but after playing Days, I can never sit through those again.

Winterborn

i like xion, she is cool but sometimes to drammatic. her VA is pretty nice

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it's just that Xemnas, like many villains, has an ego that's larger than Kingdom Hearts itself. It's like asking why Voldemort would be stupid enough to announce his grand plans for revival and then challenge Harry Potter to a duel, thereby giving him a chance to escape. Or why Sauron didn't do a better job of guarding Mount Doom, the one place where his Ring could be destroyed. Because these characters simply cannot comprehend the idea of anyone being strong enough to defeat them.

Likewise, Xemnas was probably thinking along the lines of: "I created Xion. It's my clone and I can make it do whatever I want." Whereas Roxas was an actual person that he couldn't just reprogram to obey him.

Xemnas cannot have an ego: he's a Nobody. They're nothing but an empty shell without a Heart. Therefore, incapable of feeling such.

s1britishguy

In all seriousness, this is more than a character being strong to defeat them. The real threat is that they leave, thus, Kingdom Hearts will remain incomplete. Sauron, and Voldemort, didn't have the option to know what's going to happen in the long run as to what they were doing. It's not like it happened constantly to know there's going to be problems and that one of their pawns is defective (they didn't act weirdly all the time), which is where the comparison would take place. Xemnas, on the other hand, had Xion running away, going with Riku, which I'm positive he can smell the essence of, interacting with Naminé, researching files, making Roxas question her disappearances, creating problems for the Organization, etc., etc. It's obvious where this was going. And to think that updating Xion into a machine so Roxas can fight her and whoever's the last one standing he takes (or so it seems), it's ridiculous, especially with the boy's obsessive behavior. There's just so many flaws and risks that it's just...stupid. While a villain has pride, they also don't want to fail. Why else do you think Xemnas had back-up plans?

This is the same game where Diz found out many days earlier (when Naminé spoke to herself) about what's happening with Sora, and he didn't do crap until the very end just so Xion can, in the most contrived story telling I've ever seen, finish the year (yes, let's do something when she decided to die). Let alone have Riku choose her over his best friend after a second meeting when the first was all "pfft, bitch, I pwned your genderless ass, if any". Yes, Riku. Whatever guilt you have, the best way to make up for it is to let Sora sleep longer while the Organization keeps planning and possibly use Xion for more purposes. That's COMPLETE redemption right there, so smart. Riku Replica and Roxas only wish they had boobs so you can treat them the same. But they were actually written well and don't suck in and switch things like Xion does for her to fit into a story that could've been left alone. Thank God for that.

*raises hand* Oooo, I know why! :D

Larxene-baby-ava.gif

THAT'S WHY!​

8D

YEEEEEEEEES, GLORIOUS!

*GLOMPS PLUSHIE*

Oh, if only the Organization were playable in some other, better game.

Dr_Mario64

Y'know, if Xion was a Roxas Replica why was she female. It doesn't make sense because the only thing Xion has in common with Roxas is his memories and his ability to use the Keyblade.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Y'know, if Xion was a Roxas Replica why was she female. It doesn't make sense because the only thing Xion has in common with Roxas is his memories and his ability to use the Keyblade.
She was an imperfect Replica who took on a female form because Sora's strongest Memories (what she was sampled/created from) were of Kairi.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
It's more complicated than that. Kind of. Xion wasn't an "imperfect" replica, that was the first few odd translations we got out of Days when it came out, and it was sorted out soon enough.

Xion's a normal replica created and built on the sampled memories of Sora (Xemnas took the sample back in his encounter with Sora on KH1:FM, or so it is said). "She" wasn't able to gain a shape or personality until the Castle Oblivion events happened and the memories started to leave Sora and flow into Roxas - Xion then took them unwillingly due to "her" nature. While the memories flowing over to Roxas and into "her" are Sora's memories of Kairi, only a select few people that know Kairi or are bonded to her in some manner can see the "female" version. Riku and Naminé, obviously, with Riku probably seeing the doll or Sora on the first meeting (his reaction seems to be that he didn't witness the black-haired Kairi at first when he pulled that hood up). Axel saw the black-haired Kairi through Roxas, and Roxas himself sees the black-haired Kairi, due to him being Sora's Nobody. Xion appears to see itself as a girl as well. "Her" appearances are like illusions based on the connection of Sora's memories to others, like a reflection. They differ throughout each individual.

For example, if you never met him, you'll probably see hooded Xion, which is the "it". If you're connected to Ventus, you will probably see Ventus. And like I've mentioned, if you're connected to Kairi, or you're connected through Kairi by way of Sora, you'll see an example of said girl. Xion can be a male to someone else and a female to another at the same time, so to speak. Under all that, "she"s genderless. There's no real permanent physical form that is a "true" Xion. Since the game was in the point of view of Roxas, whatever he saw was what the audience got as well: it was even mentioned in an interview, I think.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Still sounds like an "imperfect" Replica to me.

Well, Xion wasn't described that way, at least, in English localization and the proper Japanese translations. It was actually praised for being the "superior" one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back