• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion's New Body

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
For Sora what you see is a projection of the heart same thing going on for Kairi on Destiny Islands the night of its destruction, Riku when he was in the realm of darkness after Ansem took his body, Vanitas's entire existence from birth, and just about every single heartless we know of. Sora doesn't get his body and soul back until KH2 when Roxas rejoins. Before that what Sora was, was a heart in human form, a makeshift body. Namine has less than anyone she just physically has nothing period. Kairi is 100% complete, Roxas and Sora were half and half each, and so nothing was left for Namine...and that is exactly what Namine is pure nothing. To quote Ansem the Wise she is a Nobody who didn't even truly become a Nobody, the faintest of phantoms, a miracle caused by several impossible circumstances.

The projected heart, in Sora's case, is nothing but a fan terminology my friend. It was coined by fans due to Rikus ghostly examples in KH1 but the truth is Sora's body isn't explained or defined in any game, interview or otherwise.
Vanitas isn't a heartless either.

Popsydoodles

I told why in the first post. "Roxas, as Sora's nobody, also lacks a body of his own. He had Vens face but that was Sora's body+soul he was strolling around in and by merging with Sora he's returned it to it's rightful owner."

Roxas is a nobody no matter how special he is. As a nobody what he has for a body is Sora's body. Namine is the only known being to be literally a body born from nothing. Namine is also yet to be explained and after ten years likely wont be. What Sora's body was before he merged with Roxas is unknown.

Who mentioned misleading?

A few posts up someone mentioned the title being misleading. That was there for them.

So you're saying that Sora's pod body is a mystery? Because so far him and Kairi are the only ones who were wandering around while they had an active nobody. The only reason Sora was all screwed up was because Roxas and Xion had been absorbing his memories and Namine tinkered with his memory. Other than that it seems he could have went on living all hunky dory like all was good in the neighborhood.

More on the original topic though, I hope there is some sort of trial forming new "bodies" for the heart to inhabit rather than them just magically appearing.

Anagram

Banned
So you're saying that Sora's pod body is a mystery? Because so far him and Kairi are the only ones who were wandering around while they had an active nobody. The only reason Sora was all screwed up was because Roxas and Xion had been absorbing his memories and Namine tinkered with his memory.
More or less yes. Sora's body from the time Kairi turned him back form a heartless up to the beginning of KH2 when he merged with Roxas is a mystery. "Projected Shell" is a fan term used to best explain that which has no true explanation in any form of media.

I'm sure some trial will be there since they need some key.

Popsydoodles

More or less yes. Sora's body from the time Kairi turned him back form a heartless up to the beginning of KH2 when he merged with Roxas is a mystery. "Projected Shell" is a fan term used to best explain that which has no true explanation in any form of media.

I'm sure some trial will be there since they need some key.

So basically it's a plot hole that has yet to be filled in with a reasonable explanation.

It still stands then that both Xion and Namine never had a true body.

Anagram

Banned
So basically it's a plot hole that has yet to be filled in with a reasonable explanation.

It still stands then that both Xion and Namine never had a true body.
Yes exactly. For example Hiro's explanations above. It is indeed true that Riku projected himself in KH1 however each time he was shown to be ghostly or glowing in some way. When he protected Kairi he was see through then when he was kicked out of his body and wandering the Dark Realm his body was shown glowing with another type of energy. If memory serves he also mentioned it was hard to maintain himself or something.
Kairi appeared to Sora in KH1 but she was visible ONLY to Sora. Sora's "body" however was different. Whatever Kairi did to him made him function like he was perfectly human. He was physical, had no issue maintaining himself, nor was he visible to specific people.

In the end Sora's "body" is one of the few true plotholes in the series.

They didn't. Xion had a physical body as did Namine but they weren't normal. Xion was made in a lab and Namine was born of nothing entirely.

Hirokey123

Awards
I wasn't even using terminology I was just describing it. Though AnsemSoD has canonically been called a being of heart or the longer "reduced to just a heart the being you call Ansem" which is in-game confirmation that hearts can exist as beings themselves. The secret reports also clearly describe the Kairi that flew into Sora as being Kairi's heart, specifically that Kairi's heart left its body then migrated to Sora. While Sora who is just a heart is said to have been returned to his human form. So saying Sora is a heart in human form, a being of heart, his body is a projection of his heart, etc... they are all correct ways to describe it. And honestly it's not much a mystery, the exact specifics aren't known and we don't have an official term for it but we know the general gist is the heart is just appearing in human form. And Vanitas shows us that it really is like a shell because give it enough beating and it will break.

Popsydoodles

I wasn't even using terminology I was just describing it. Though AnsemSoD has canonically been called a being of heart or the longer "reduced to just a heart the being you call Ansem" which is in-game confirmation that hearts can exist as beings themselves. The secret reports also clearly describe the Kairi that flew into Sora as being Kairi's heart, specifically that Kairi's heart left its body then migrated to Sora. While Sora who is just a heart is said to have been returned to his human form. So saying Sora is a heart in human form, a being of heart, his body is a projection of his heart, etc... they are all correct ways to describe it. And honestly it's not much a mystery, the exact specifics aren't known and we don't have an official term for it but we know the general gist is the heart is just appearing in human form. And Vanitas shows us that it really is like a shell because give it enough beating and it will break.

We all know that Ansem was just a heartless. I don't think the same applies to Kairi and Sora seeing as they're not beings of darkness and all.

Anagram

Banned

I used terminology because I remember when it first appeared sorry. Ansem is a poor choice to use because he's also be described by Nomura and the games even up to DDD as a heartless as well. Meaning Ansem is either a heartless that's sentient, a heart thats taken on a shadowy figure or he's both and in between somewhere. Either way another clear fact of Ansem is that he got that way after going through the heartless procedure.
He admits it bluntly in KH1 reports that his form was an unexpected one:

Ansem Report 12 said:
I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.

My body has surely perished. However, I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless. It is clear that there are still many things to be studied.

Ansem didn't expect to come back as he did and in this report alone refers to himself as both a heart yet a heartless unlike the rest. His form can be attributed to whatever middle state he returned in.

The Kairi part also doesn't debunk the part of her being visible to everyone or just Sora as before which goes back into my differences between her projection and Sora's body. Vanitas does indeed show a shell but his existence is also different.

My point wasn't to say they're incorrect ways of saying it but that there's no explained or truly defined way of saying it. Sora's body is different from the other examples meaning projected heart is indeed just a fan terminology, one of many mind you, to explain it. However it's also not exactly the same as the examples your giving.

The one closest to Sora in this category is Vanitas. Vanitas, while not a heartless himself, was forged from darkness similar to how heartless are and Sora was in a heartless form, which is his hearts darkness "made real", but turned human.
The more you think of it the more you realize Sora had something manifesting him rather than just his heart projecting an image of itself. So far all the projection examples were intangible to degrees while Sora was very physical in nature. He could've functioned perfectly fine as a human had Namine not messed with memories.

The Riku example is also vastly different because he's ghostly in the first appearance but only, with difficulty, takes a form once he's in the Realm of Darkness which is a realm of which we know little in terms or properties. We only know heartless live there, KH is lost there and that hearts gather there.

Edit. Gotta go now, have to go to work. See you another day. o3o/

Last edited:

Wildbullet

Having a digitized body would probably the easiest method, and using PoH powers is the most conventional one, although I have a feeling it would have something to do with the Keyblade that returns people's hearts, and that the roles of PoH will be subverted in place of the GoL. Let's see what we have:

Xion - A memory puppet, whose physical strength and weakness fluctuates alongside that of Roxas, another fragment of Sora's Heart. Her face is that of Sora's most important memories, the "Light" of his heart.

Roxas - Sora's "other half" born from his body and soul, with the heart as a catalyst, he nursed another injured heart during his life of one year that altered his physical appearance.

Naminé - The miraculous anomaly, she is perhaps the most mysterious existence of all post-Keyblade War. Kairi is devoid of Darkness, but without each other, it is said they are incomplete. Only one other Princess has been implied to have "another half".

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This might just be me being Steven Universe trash, but am I the only one who wants Xion to come back as non-binary?

In a DISNEY game!? HAHAHA... no. I would love for her to be gender fluid or androgynous or something, but this is DISNEY. Xion will be a hot Megan Fox type or something like that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
In a DISNEY game!? HAHAHA... no. I would love for her to be gender fluid or androgynous or something, but this is DISNEY. Xion will be a hot Megan Fox type or something like that.
i actually assumed she would come back looking the same

with new threads because nomura

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Why would they bother giving her a Megan Fox type when 1) like you've said, it's Disney, nobody would be allowed to drool over it and 2) what's the point of having a form like that when you're gonna wear a modest trenchcoat over it?

Muke

whatever
Awards
In a DISNEY game!? HAHAHA... no.

You know.. Sora STABBED A FRIGGIN SWORD INTO HIS CHEST in Kingdom Hearts I. In a DISNEY Game. I don't see the problem with this being a Disney Game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why would they bother giving her a Megan Fox type when 1) like you've said, it's Disney, nobody would be allowed to drool over it and 2) what's the point of having a form like that when you're gonna wear a rather modest trenchcoat over it?
what if xion comes back in a samus suit, blasts xehanort and strips down to a bikini*

*​top secret wii u port exclusive

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
You know.. Sora STABBED A FRIGGIN SWORD INTO HIS CHEST in Kingdom Hearts I. In a DISNEY Game. I don't see the problem with this being a Disney Game.
That's... different. Disney has had dark shit like that in it for ages. We've seen villains plunge to their deaths, get hanged, burned/eaten alive, and... impaled through the chest with a sword. And in that case, it was a real sword, that caused actual bleeding, and killed the villain dead. And then there're characters like Bambi's mom and Mufasa to consider.

Sora's case had a magic sword, lotsa light magic instead of blood, and he didn't even stay dead, so yeah. It all depends on how you present it, rather than the actual act itself... Plus violence isn't something that too many throw tantrums over anyways. It's those icky gender issues that get people really riled up, and most companies just don't think it's worth the trouble.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That's... different. Disney has had dark shit like that in it for ages. We've seen villains plunge to their deaths, get hanged, burned/eaten alive, and... impaled through the chest with a sword. And in that case, it was a real sword, that caused actual bleeding, and killed the villain dead. And then there're characters like Bambi's mom and Mufasa to consider.

Sora's case had a magic sword, lotsa light magic instead of blood, and he didn't even stay dead, so yeah. It all depends on how you present it, rather than the actual act itself...

Huh. When you put it that way, I just realized how dark Disney can be...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That's... different. Disney has had dark shit like that in it for ages. We've seen villains plunge to their deaths, get hanged, burned/eaten alive, and... impaled through the chest with a sword. And in that case, it was a real sword, that caused actual bleeding, and killed the villain dead.

Sora's case had a magic sword and lotsa light magic instead of blood, so yeah. It all depends on how you present it, rather than the actual act itself...
it was also heroic and he was fine minutes later

unlike scar who basically got eaten alive, probably dick first.

or ursula who was impaled by a ship and struck by lightning

AAAAAAAAND NOOO ONNNNNNES-
RAN THROUGH LIKE GASTON
IN HIS POOP SHUTE LIKE GASTON
NO ONE SITS ON THE GATE FROM THE SPRING TO THE FALL~

frollo also burned in hell and hades was pulled into hell for eternal torment so sora was pretty vanilla

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Huh. When you put it that way, I just realized how dark Disney can be...
Ever wonder how the whole concept of Kingdom Hearts managed to work so well in the first place? The darkness was always there, just obscured by the whimsical light that's marketed the most. All SE needed to do was to coax it out and add some shadow zombies to the mix. ;)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Ever wonder how the whole concept of Kingdom Hearts managed to work so well in the first place? The darkness was always there, just obscured by the whimsical light that's marketed the most. All SE needed to do was to coax it out and add some shadow zombies to the mix. ;)
yeah, KH was pretty dark and underwhelming for my four year old self.

that's probably why kh2 was so appealing, as it turned out to be everything kh1 was marketed as. lighthearted, mindless fun that will be remembered only for its quirky weirdness.

Hirokey123

Awards
Is it really that much of a mystery though? The heart is ethereal its existence is metaphysical and its form is not set, instead memories change the form of the heart and then in turn the heart changes the form of the body. Now think about sleep and waking up because in theory it's a very similar principle here. In real life when you go to sleep you don't see yourself anymore, the world around you fades away and your consciousness plays around in dream land for a bit. Losing your heart like that, as you begin to fall asleep the world around you fades by your body literally fading away. Thus the heart is rendered formless and instinctively your darkness (which is tied to sleep) wraps around your unguarded heart to protect it. Like a big snuggly blanket except in this case the blanket is a shadowy monster whose snugglie-ness varies, and there is the little negative that as long as that blanket remains your sleep will last indefinitely. Ergo if you never truly fall asleep then you won't lose your human form and if you trigger your heart to awaken it returns to human form.

Thus it may very well be the body isn't needed for the heart to regain human form at all but rather returning the heart to the body is merely one way in which you can trigger the heart to awaken, and the best way because it ensures you awaken a whole person rather than an incomplete one. While in a case like Sora he was special because despite being "asleep" he was conscious so once Kairi pushed away the darkness keeping Sora asleep (causing Sora to see a light) Sora was able to just wake up then and there, which results in him returning to human form incomplete.
The same principle is probably why Nobodies then are a thing. Rather than wait for their hearts to return so they can awaken they are able to force themselves to wake up if they have a powerful enough will. The stronger the will, the more thorough their awakening, the more clearly they remember themselves, and thus the more human they are. But then much like Sora's cases this has an inherent negative in that they essentially forced their revival to occur before all their pieces were back. So they awaken incomplete and are left with only two options wait for the missing pieces to be filled in naturally or return to sleep and wait for the missing pieces to be properly returned.

While it could then be Vanitas is the most special case because he's being born from sleep. Xehanort ripped out half of Ven's heart essentially he forced half of Ven into slumber and the darkness of the heart then began to form its protective blanket. But Xehanort ripped out so much from Ventus that he essentially created a new burgeoning heart and like a fresh born babe this newborn heart awakens causing it to take human form.

So it might be that the power to awaken sleeping hearts in it of itself is enough to returns those hearts to human form, and that's how they'll get bodies simply by waking them up........and speaking of waking up I really shouldn't have fallen asleep while typing this since apparently while I slept you left. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back