• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yeah, sure.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakek9

All 3 of them planned on ditching the island. I don't think they cared to much for their parents.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
He didn't even see if anything happened to the main island. He saw Kairi standing there one second, and then disappear the next. He saw Riku get swallowed by the darkness, and once the Keyblade appeared, Riku wasn't there anymore. He saw their play island get destroyed. As far as he knows, the main island was still perfectly fine, as were the people on it.

ICECOOL113

I know right like when Sora ran to check on the boat his mom called him and then he goes for away for like 2 years and you start to wonder if Sora's parents even remember him?
Sora's parents in Kh1: WHERE IS MY SON!!!
Sora's parents after COM: WHO THE HELL IS SORA is he like my son?
Sora's parents when he gets his memories back: I FINALLY REMEMBER I HAVE A SON WHERE IS HE!
Sora's parents maybe after KH2: WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN blah blah blah

Lumen et ignem

Bronze Member
There doesn't seem to be any connection with family members in the series with any of the characters. Any connections in the series is between friends so maybe Ness is right.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I bet Nomura doesn't like to have "families" in his games.

Did you play FFX? Family was important there. Or FFXII? That one was particularly so, with all the evil twin brothers and 'you killed my brother!!' and stuff.

Ness

Did you play FFX? Family was important there. Or FFXII? That one was particularly so, with all the evil twin brothers and 'you killed my brother!!' and stuff.

But Final Fantasy isn't owned by Nomura... I don't know, but does Nomura have control over the story of Final Fantasy or is he only in charge of the character design????

But I completely forgot about Kairi and her Grandma.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The only family connections in KH is Kairi and her grandma

and Ansem the Wise and Ienzo

If you're gonna count those last two, then you should count Kairi and the Mayor as well.

Plus Sora's mum has a line of dialogue, and Sora's dad is mentioned in BBS as well.

Then some of the Disney worlds have family themes too, like Atlantica.

Z

Zulkir

Yeah family isn't given strong importance in KH.

Now for Sora to TRULY not care about his own mother and father, he has to be pretty damn heartless. Your mother goes through hella pain when you're born, then spends all her nights for the next two weeks recovering from pain AND waking up constantly to attend to your constant crying. So yeah.... family stuff is taken care of off screen.

The player can assume that he does concern for them, but it's not given plot-specific importance and thus little to no dialogue.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by naruto5
y? wait someone explain to me wen soras dad was metioned in bbs

During Terra's conversation with Riku: after he asks him how he got to the play island, and Riku tells him that Sora's dad brought them there.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Originally Posted by naruto5
i wonder if we'll ever see the town of destiney islands seeing the myar soras parents etc etc am a bit curious

I pity the mayor so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back