• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yen Sid's Book

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
So I was replaying KH2 on the PS2 and I got to the start of the game with Sora. Went to see him and he implies me to read the book. When I was younger I never quite understood it, but as I read it, I don't know if he's talking about KH1 or BBS. To me it sounds like he's talking about BBS first, then KH1 then future of KH.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ahhh I remember that book. Never quite made sense of it myself. I remember it once being theorized by a member it could be one of those tomes and that it was predicting the games thus far.

I really wish that book would be explained later.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
The Beginning
Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farewell.

When a farewell leads to a journey, the worlds open their hearts.

Those chosen by the light, or ensnared by the darkness.
Friends who share the same bounds, though their paths may differ.

When you doubt the path trod thus far, when the hand you held is lost to you, gaze anew at the heart that once was…

for all the answers are within.

Interlude
A long dream.

A sad farewell, hanging in the air in that “world between”.

What is reality? What is illusion?
The path chosen by the young boy leads to his memories.

When caught in the stream of the days and nights going past, gaze anew at your steps…

for there all confusion will end.

The Future Story
Will the day come when this battle, born of confusion, will end?

It is different things to different people.

Can the reality be that which is hidden?

The reason is mere existence.
Still, memories can be believed.

Be not afraid. Entrust your body to the soothing waves of your memories.
By and by, your fleeting rest will be over…

and everything will begin.

To me it sounds like he's talking about BBS at first, but then I think it could be just a weird summary of KH, KH COM and what's going to happen in KH2, because that's what they say when we are told to read it. "We need to know what's been going on since we were gone." That's what Donald tells me when I talk to him.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Honestly I see KH1, CoM and KH2/future events being told there. The phrase in the interlude "the path the boy chooses leads to his memories" sounds far more reminiscent of Sora's adventure in CoM in which he journeyed to get memories he thought he forgot only to sleep to regain the true ones he lost.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
Honestly I see KH1, CoM and KH2/future events being told there. The phrase in the interlude "the path the boy chooses leads to his memories" sounds far more reminiscent of Sora's adventure in CoM in which he journeyed to get memories he thought he forgot only to sleep to regain the true ones he lost.

Yeah that's what got me to think of that. But really? I mean does the book have to be so complicated to explain this? But then again, it has to be mystifying because its Yen Sid.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Reading it, I can see where parts definitely fit with BBS.... but it's definitely KH1/CoM/KH2.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
When I was younger it just came off as some melodramatic text, some prophecy about the past and future.

Now, after the reveal regarding the Book of Prophecy (sounds corny, "Foreteller's Script" sounds cooler to me), I wonder if that book has any significance or whether it was just there to document the past three games as it's been commonly interpreted.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
When I was younger it just came off as some melodramatic text, some prophecy about the past and future.

Now, after the reveal regarding the Book of Prophecy (sounds corny, "Foreteller's Script" sounds cooler to me), I wonder if that book has any significance or whether it was just there to document the past three games as it's been commonly interpreted.

I've been thinking about that, too. While I personally think that the books were meant to refer to Kingdom Hearts I, Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II, I can't exactly rule out the fact that they may now also hold clues to Kingdom Hearts III after the whole Book of Prophecy thing from Chi.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I just want to add to the discussion that another member during the past weeks pointed out that in KH3D's intro FIVE characters came out of FIVE books, so it's possible those five appearances could be references to the fives tomes of the foretellers.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I find it funny (and kinda neat) how games nearly 10yrs later can be played into that book of Yen Sids. xD

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I just want to add to the discussion that another member during the past weeks pointed out that in KH3D's intro FIVE characters came out of FIVE books, so it's possible those five appearances could be references to the fives tomes of the foretellers.

That's pretty interesting... I haven't thought about the Foretellers.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

While it were indeed five books, the characters coming out of them were six (Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Donald and Goofy).
However, if you count the book Mickey was holding to "shoot" the others into the sky from whose eventually the characters emerged, the overall number of books would also amount to six.
Who knows, maybe the book Mickey was holding to "summon" the others is in fact the same as the one seen at Yen Sid's tower?

Also interesting is that with the characters already present (Sora, Riku and Mickey) the number adds up to nine and if you further count Lea, Xion and Kairi you get twelve people, just like the current number of Seekers of Darkness as the thirteenth hasn't yet been found/made.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
While it were indeed five books, the characters coming out of them were six (Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Donald and Goofy).
However, if you count the book Mickey was holding to "shoot" the others into the sky from whose eventually the characters emerged, the overall number of books would also amount to six.
Who knows, maybe the book Mickey was holding to "summon" the others is in fact the same as the one seen at Yen Sid's tower?

I like to think that the sixth (and possibly last) tome is being written right now, the events post-Keyblade War is actually the contents of the sixth tome. Perhaps this is the reason why sixth foreteller isn't actually a foreteller, but just an apprentice, because the grand master did not see, or couldn't see, beyond the Keyblade War. Hell, it would be ironic that Master Xehanort wants to see what happened after the KW, but is actually living it.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I actually havent thought of that book in quite some time. I can see all the references more clearly now. I didnt really consider it before since I havent played KH2 in a couple years since my PS2 broke down, but it makes sense with the first 3 titles (not chronologically). The way it also ties into the future in a way...? Pretty darn cool.

Sdog

Awards
Also interesting is that with the characters already present (Sora, Riku and Mickey) the number adds up to nine and if you further count Lea, Xion and Kairi you get twelve people, just like the current number of Seekers of Darkness as the thirteenth hasn't yet been found/made.

Funnily enough, there is a thirteenth in your signature picture that could be something =p.

And when I look at those passages from his book, like most here I think of a summary of the events that transpired from KH1 and COM and were about to in KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back