• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Ships 650,000 In North America and Europe!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has released their latest results briefing for the six month period of April-September 2012, which includes sale numbers of games released throughout Japan, North America, and Europe. Detailed on page six of the report is the amount of units shipped for each of their latest games, which shows that KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [Dream Drop Distance] has shipped 650,000 units across North America and Europe since its late-July 2012 release.

Note that shippment only means how much of the game was stocked and does not reflect actual unit sales.

Source: Gematsu

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Great news!

Before you think 650.000 is a relatively low number, note that the 3DS is still a relatively new hand-held console, so we can't really expect a sales number close to a million or more.

Still this is fantastic, as it will make sure Square Enix pays greater attention (and money) towards the franchise in the future.

Last edited:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
That's good news~ I remember when people were saying they would never buy a KH game again because they weren't translating it into their language, and yet the game still has good sales... I wonder if it would've been more if they did translate it though.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is awesome news. It should hit the million mark worldwide soon if it already hasnt. :D

Total sales worldwide are about 900k units. I believe sales have slowed, but with the holiday rush coming I imagine there will be the tiniest spike in sales. I think it has hit its sales cap, though. Even so, that is still pretty good.

That's good news~ I remember when people were saying they would never buy a KH game again because they weren't translating it into their language, and yet the game still has good sales... I wonder if it would've been more if they did translate it though.

I doubt it would have been a big increase. In the countries they didn't translate was where they had the lowest sales of the 3DS. Cost of localization wouldn't have been recouped from sales. xD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think by the end of the holiday season we'll see it pass the 1 million mark in worldwide sales and I'm kind of excited for that, I have no idea why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back