• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Celebratory KINGDOM HEARTS Valentine's Day Artwork by Shiro Amano!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Surprise, surprise! We usually don't expect to see mangaka Shiro Amano's lovely KINGDOM HEARTS artwork anywhere but in the manga, novels and the monthly wallpapers they've been releasing for the 10th anniversary. Lo and behold, he's drawn up a special picture of Olette offering chocolate to accompany his latest blog entry, with Pence in the background who will clearly respond with "Yes" given the opportunity!

Edit: Thanks to Zephyr for the translations!

The Monthly Shōnen Gangan March issue is now on sale!

Hello, this is Amano!

We have released the March issue of Shōnen Gangan on the 12th. Sorry for the late notice.

Tifa will make an appearance this time and she's looking for Cloud..!?

Volume 6 is expected to be released in May; I can hardly wait! Please look forward to it!

Also there is a new calendar on Gangan.net. Valentine's Day! I just had to do Valentines. Here it is!

I'm always thankful for the blog comments. You may also want to consider following me on Twitter. There's a Valentines bonus.

Source: ArikaMiz

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Re: Celebratory KINGDOM HEARTS Valentine's Day Artwork by Shiro Amano!

Here are the translations!

The Monthly Shōnen Gangan March issue is now on sale!

Hello, this is Amano!

We have released the March issue of Shōnen Gangan on the 12th. Sorry for the late notice.

Tifa will make an appearance this time and she's looking for Cloud..!?

Volume 6 is expected to be released in May; I can hardly wait! Please look forward to it!

Also there is a new calendar on Gangan.net. Valentine's Day! I just had to do Valentines. Here it is!

I'm always thankful for the blog comments. You may also want to consider following me on Twitter. There's a Valentines bonus.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Shiro Amano is too cute and this drawing is too cute, and the manga is finally at the part where Tifa is looking everywhere for Cloud ;A;

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

omg yes tifa finally aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Thank you so much for the translations, Zephyr!

And I'm so glad to hear that the next volume of the KH2 manga will stop being delayed xD It's been like a year lol

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

And I'm so glad to hear that the next volume of the KH2 manga will stop being delayed xD It's been like a year lol

It was somewhat weird anyways, why didn't he finish the KH2 Manga before starting with Days?
Shoehorning in the Days manga between seems a bit odd.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Shiro Amano works in mysterious ways lol. I'm surprised how the KHII and Days manga became much longer than the KH and CoM manga.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Same! I can't believe Days went up to 5 volumes!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It was somewhat weird anyways, why didn't he finish the KH2 Manga before starting with Days?
Shoehorning in the Days manga between seems a bit odd.

I think it was because Days was out/coming out and Amano had already gone on hiatus with KH2, so they probably asked him to work on Days instead since they probably wanted him to keep working on something.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Shiro Amano works in mysterious ways lol. I'm surprised how the KHII and Days manga became much longer than the KH and CoM manga.

It's probably for the better as I remember in the KH 1 manga there are certain things missing that were in the game. Not to mention Maleficent didn't really get fought.

I think it was because Days was out/coming out and Amano had already gone on hiatus with KH2, so they probably asked him to work on Days instead since they probably wanted him to keep working on something.

Oh, but a mangaka going on hiatus normally has a certain reason, lol, so keeping him working with something different but from the same field does feel odd. The reason Days came out however might have something to do with it, probably "riding the hype-train" as I remember several new fans of the KH series came in through Days which was the first game they played.

And as long as Amano does not get into such long hiatuses as Yoshihiro Togashi (seriously, if you're a fan of Hunter X Hunter you're used to several bumming hiatuses) or Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (NGE Manga has several years between volumes *cough*) everything should be okay. ^__^

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I just hope the lack of BBS artwork in the novels isn't an indicator of anything lol. Admittedly that's what really excites me about the KH2 manga continuing: that the BBS manga is approaching!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

This is nice! Olette and co. Don't get enought attention.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I just hope the lack of BBS artwork in the novels isn't an indicator of anything lol. Admittedly that's what really excites me about the KH2 manga continuing: that the BBS manga is approaching!

That makes me wonder if a BBS-manga can really be expected as a sure thing, lol. Although seeing the funny premise of the mangas I'd love to see Ven's antics with Zack and Phil in Olympus or Terra's interactions with Stitch re-imagined in Manga style.

Lenneth

Awards

This picture is cute!!!

what amuses me its that I can't understand the hiatus on the mangas...its not logical!

but I love Amano anyways!!!

SmilingMuse35

Shiro Amano is too cute and this drawing is too cute, and the manga is finally at the part where Tifa is looking everywhere for Cloud ;A;

I agree. Imagine if the box of chocolates is meant to go into the hands of multiple male protagonists. :)

SeekerofLight

I like the artwork. Nice to see Olette and Pence get some time

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This picture is cute!!!

what amuses me its that I can't understand the hiatus on the mangas...its not logical!

but I love Amano anyways!!!

Mangakas have their own reasons for going on hiatus, though I don't remember if Amano has ever disclosed them to the general public.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Yeah, I really need to catch up on reading all of these mangas, I know the BbS novels are already out but I really want to learn Japanese before I read through them.

To anyone who knows Japanese (AKA translators) how advanced are the KH mangas and novels in terms of Japanese? I would think they'd be easy reads...I hope they are.

I hope the manga skips the part of the game where you have to make a second visit to EVERY OTHER WORLD! It could take them years to catch up!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I hope the manga skips the part of the game where you have to make a second visit to EVERY OTHER WORLD! It could take them years to catch up!

The manga takes a lot of creative liberties with their adaptation. The last chapter that was translated has already shown Kairi getting captured by Saix. I'm thinking KH2 should end with volume 7, give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back