• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Opens 10th Anniversary Site!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yesterday, Square Enix opened a very mysterious teaser site (now defunct) to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the Squaresoft/Enix merger. The two companies merged into one April 1st, 2003, and have since delivered fantastic, enjoyable games to fans around the world. Without the merger we might have never received fantastic games like KINGDOM HEARTS Chain of Memories, KINGDOM HEARTS II, FINAL FANTASY XII, Crisis Core: FINAL FANTASY VII, THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU, and dozens more.

Square Enix hopes that fans continue to support the company, and that we should be excited for future developments. What those developments are remains just as mysterious as the now-defunct site, but we can only hope that it means good things in the coming years. 

As of April 1st we’ve reached our 10th anniversary!
We hope you’ll continue supporting us going forward as well!
We’re thinking of collaborations and a bunch of things that should make everyone a little bit happy.
It’ll be settled soon, so we’ll keep you posted.

What do you hope will come from Square Enix in the near future? The final installment to the Xehanort Saga? A sequel to THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU? Tell us in the comments below!

Note: The website does still appear in search engines and in Google Cache.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
While it's a completely irrational to think, I'm just going to hope they're going to announce some sort of event, in which a bunch of things everyone wants are talked about/announced. Mostly: Versus, KH3, and TWEWY2.

Gram

Banned
Awards
*o* 10yrs already...I feel old.

While it's a completely irrational to think, I'm just going to hope they're going to announce some sort of event, in which a bunch of things everyone wants are talked about/announced. Mostly: Versus, KH3, and TWEWY2.
^ This
It'd be kinda disappoint if a site is all they did for this.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'd love to see a sequel to TWEWY. Definitely a HD Remaster of Crisis Core with Type-0. (You'd expect me to say Kingdom Hearts 3 but I am honestly not excited for it as much as I am to hear certain voice actors reprise their roles, and for certain worlds to appear. I will be excited when I see a trailer of KH3)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd love to see a sequel to TWEWY. Definitely a HD Remaster of Crisis Core with Type-0. (You'd expect me to say Kingdom Hearts 3 but I am honestly not excited for it as much as I am to hear certain voice actors reprise their roles, and for certain worlds to appear. I will be excited when I see a trailer of KH3)
I'd love a crisis core (since last one is broke and data lost) or Type-0!
xD I'll be excited when i see and english trailer.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'd really love a TWEWY2 announcement or a HD Type-0 release on the PS3 (which is then localized, pls SENA). I'd also love to see SE branch out from their comfort zone and do some more new IPs.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Please be TWEWY related. It's so hard watching Ishimoto tweet and tease about his secret project xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Ishimoto just tweeted about videos at night on Ustream and I just want him to stop and for SE to just go "TWEWY 2 is real k bye" and give us a trailer with new Ishimoto music and then we can cry.

That is all I want.

And new IPs, or revisit their old, not-as-popular-as-FF IPs they decided to ignore for years. :c

(The Bouncer PS2 Classic por favor. The Bouncer HD. Before Crisis 3DS)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I wonder when the site is going to get back on. It's also awkward how the anniversary is on April 1st lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it will. It seemed to be a one day only thing. Just enough to tease that they have things they want to show us, but not enough to give us anything concrete...

Alpha Sonix

Definitely wouldn't mind Crisis Core and Type-0 as HD remasters. Also Dissidia please Square, I want to play the game without crying because I can't stand the controls on the PSP version. A second analog stick and two triggers will certainly come in handy.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Honestly what Square is going to do for this is going to be good. It may be an event (hopefully something fo NA too) or it may be a new game. In truth I didn't know Square would do anything for that so that's good.

Keyslinger

I have a feeling it will be TWEWY related but who knows with Square Enix they'll surprise us.

vlaxmadero

Everything always has to be a mystery with Square Enix. "Make everyone a LITTLE bit happy?". WHY NOT MAKE US VERY HAPPY? They know (or SHOULD know) exactly what the fans are looking for, so if they really want to "win" back fans, they know what to do.

GentlemanGamer

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Crisis Core and Type-0 on the PSN (got rid of my PSP for my vita, so this would be great), KH3, TWEWY 2 and some great new IP (you can only keep rehashing the same few series for so long before you start craving something new. I enjoy those various, established series as much as anyone, but as we saw with TWEWY, wonderful things happen when companies take risks and try developing new IPs.)

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Crisis Core and Type-0 on the PSN (got rid of my PSP for my vita, so this would be great), KH3, TWEWY 2 and some great new IP (you can only keep rehashing the same few series for so long before you start craving something new. I enjoy those various, established series as much as anyone, but as we saw with TWEWY, wonderful things happen when companies take risks and try developing new IPs.)
All good ideas, but they're not gonna remake ff vii. Also, why did you not just rip the umd and transfer to the vita? It helps to really make sure there's no way to play them on vita until all paths are considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back