• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Japan Expo: Square Enix Products Contest!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Those of you attending Japan Expo are in for a lucky treat! Over the course of the expo, Square Enix Products will be holding a competition for attendees to win some lovely prizes, some imported straight from Japan! To participate, all you would need to do is stop by and register at their booth; it's that simple.

Below is a list of prizes attendees have the chance to win every day:

First Place: Kingdom Hearts figurine autographed by Series Director Tetsuya Nomura
Second Place: Plushie or Original Soundtrack
For all participants: A Square Enix strap

To all those who have the opportunity to attending the expo, we wish you the best of luck!

Source: Sacha Ramtohul - Square Enix France

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Hmmm. And now I'm thinking I was right about the "other surprises" during the 1.5 presentation being merchandise.

*Sigh* TGS, you'd better give me my HD 2.5

But an autographed figurine sounds SOOOOOO awesome. I hate how Japan gets all the special KH love.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Japan Expo takes place in Paris, France.

I'm jealous. Last year they got to showcase Nomura's exclusive KH3D Sora and Riku artwork (that's presumably still in their office in London) and now there's this great contest.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Tetsuya Nomura's autographing an action figure? That's amazing (and something that sounds one of a kind, and something I'd especially want because Nomura rarely autographs things), but it also sounds a bit weird. Did they mean the box, maybe? If not, I'd still take a Tetsuya Nomura signature on Sora's pant leg anytime. LOL. Who cares if I can't see all of the redness? Anyway, I wonder what plush they'll have. It'd be cool if it was the new Nobody one, or even the Flood one, but it probably won't be. Still cool, though. Good luck to anyone attending:) (And I really hope a photo of that action figure surfaces now; I'm quite curious about it).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm guessing he might autograph either the box or the stand?

Gram

Banned
Awards
;A; Ah man attendees are so lucky!! Bet the figurine is a Sora one.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
AQUA. BE AN AQUA FIGURE. *sob* (It's never a BBS figure :c )

WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED YET? Back when BBS was first announced, I remember thinking "Oh man, when they make Birth By Sleep Play Arts figures, I'm getting all of them!"

WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!?

Japan Expo takes place in Paris, France.

I'm jealous. Last year they got to showcase Nomura's exclusive KH3D Sora and Riku artwork (that's presumably still in their office in London) and now there's this great contest.

If it's called Japan Expo, why is it happening... you know, outside of Japan?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
WHY HASN'T THIS HAPPENED YET? Back when BBS was first announced, I remember thinking "Oh man, when they make Birth By Sleep Play Arts figures, I'm getting all of them!"

WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!?

:c SE jumped right over them in favor of Batman figures...

If it's called Japan Expo, why is it happening... you know, outside of Japan?

It's called Japan Expo because it is a convention dedicated to Japanese entertainment. Animation, music, TV shows, games, fashion, etc. Japan Expo has it all for European fans!

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah i love kingdom hearts BBS too. Thought i would want a Ventus.

(Sorry if it wasnt a reply to
Master Spockanort. Im new so i dont know if i did the right thing to make it a reply. Im sorry if it isnt)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
:c SE jumped right over them in favor of Batman figures...

okayguy.jpg

It's called Japan Expo because it is a convention dedicated to Japanese entertainment. Animation, music, TV shows, games, fashion, etc. Japan Expo has it all for European fans!

But what about us?

OH YEAH! Square Enix NA doesn't like to market Kingdom Hearts. I forgot :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah i love kingdom hearts BBS too. Thought i would want a Ventus.

(Sorry if it wasnt a reply to [/COLOR]Master Spockanort. Im new so i dont know if i did the right thing to make it a reply. Im sorry if it isnt)

It's okay! HTML isn't compatible with the forum, so you have to use BB code. The proper way to quote would be to just select "Reply With Quote" under posts and the BB codes available for you to use are in the reply box.

Yes, a Ven one would be great! I want them all, though! Terra, Aqua, Ven, Vanitas, Master Xehanort~

one day...one day.

But what about us?

Well there are various conventions in North America every year (more than anybody can count). Square Enix doesn't go to them all, sadly. SDCC, PAX/PAX East, NYCC, some other ones, then E3 (which is an industry event but I'd count it as a place they advertise) but yeaaaah.

Japan Expo is one of few conventions Europe holds for Japanese related media.

OH YEAH! Square Enix NA doesn't like to market Kingdom Hearts. I forgot :3

If only they cared more 8D

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If only they cared more 8D

I really don't understand why they don't. 1.5 comes out in barely two months and if I weren't a complete KH geek, I'd probably have no idea it even existed honestly. No TV ads, a tiny Gamestop poster here and there... ugh. The KH half of me wants to live in Japan.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I really don't understand why they don't. 1.5 comes out in barely two months and if I weren't a complete KH geek, I'd probably have no idea it even existed honestly. No TV ads, a tiny Gamestop poster here and there... ugh. The KH half of me wants to live in Japan.

Europe's looking pretty nice as well. They even got the fan campaign, but I guess with such a small turnout, they figured it wouldn't do well in NA.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Europe's looking pretty nice as well. They even got the fan campaign, but I guess with such a small turnout, they figured it wouldn't do well in NA.

Usually those don't do well outside of Japan. People are lazy xP But seriously, is a round of TV ads too much to ask for?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Usually those don't do well outside of Japan. People are lazy xP But seriously, is a round of TV ads too much to ask for?

I beg to disagree! If they held one in their offices down in El Segundo, they'd get a full house easy. Er, assuming they don't make the same mistake as Europe and hold it when everyone has final exams of course.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Square Enix North America has access to a huge room they can set up for this kind of stuff. They used it for their game sale last year, and it'd be great if they could hold a fan event there maybe on the weekend or in the evening. The 405 runs close by, the airport is right there, and LAX looks gorgeous at night so...I'd love for something to happen down there for KH.

They'd bring in a bunch of people if it is on a good day and not during school hours.

(Also I'm a bit biased since I live down the street xD)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I would shamelessly fly down from SF for the campaign.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wow I'm super jelly about the autographed figure but a part of me is curious if the contest is even real, SE isn't none for going through with their KH contests (some have gone through but a handful of things they mentioned or said were real never came to fruition, the most recent one being weeks ago at E3 when they said they were raffling off signed Nomura stuff which wasn't real).

Please don't be an Aqua figurine. If the figure turns out be a one of a kind Aqua figurine that won't be released to the public, I really don't know what I would do O___O

I always thought that IF anything, they were going to release the BbS figures around the time of KH3 or the remixes? Maybe in my mind I'm just in denial but I really don't understand why they don't do BbS figures? They already have the template for Ven with their Roxas figure, just give him different clothes. Terra and Aqua could easily be done. I just don't understand why they don't make them. It literally makes no sense why there has been next to no merchandise on any of the trio of games (BbS-Days-Coded) ESPECIALLY when BbS is so ripe for it.

Did they mean the box, maybe? If not, I'd still take a Tetsuya Nomura signature on Sora's pant leg anytime. LOL.

Definitely the box. During E3 they had a lot of people sign the boxes of figurines since many collectors don't like to take figures out of the box (I love to, sorry, but I'm gonna play with my KH figures on a daily basis. NO SHAME!)

I would shamelessly fly down from SF for the campaign.

I would fly cross country for one honestly. Considering KH events are so far and few between in the US, it would really be a once in a lifetime chance and I do have a bunch of airline mile points ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back