• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Confirmed for Tokyo Game Show 2013

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

As what must surely come to no surprise to anyone, Square Enix is found among the list of developers and publishers set to appear at this year's Tokyo Game Show. This year in particular, all eyes and ears are kept open and alert on the lookout for two illustrious titles confirmed to be featured by Tetsuya Nomura: Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV. However, last year's surprise announcement of Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- lingers on our minds, and we sit at the edge of our seats wondering if the second remaster, hinted in the credits of the first, will make its debut.

What are you expecting to see at TGS 2013? Will we get a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3? Will Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- burst onto the scene? And what of the secret The World Ends With You-related project Composer Takeharu Ishimoto has been teasing for almost a year? Let us know!

Tokyo Game Show 2013 takes place from September 19th-22nd (19-20 Business | 21-22 Public) at the Makuhari Messe in Mihama-ku, Chiba, Japan.

Source: Gematsu, Remoon

raycat27_2003

Awards
I'm hoping for 2.5 and maybe, just maybe, a world reveal for KH3. (I know that's pushing it a little bit, but I can dream, can't I??)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Definitely expecting 2.5! It's all I really want, and since 1.5 will be out in NA and EU by TGS, it'd be the perfect time to reveal it to the Japanese audience.

Santiago

I'm expecting a 2.5 announcement, hopefully for the PS4. I'll definitely be settle with a new KH3 trailer, though.

Sorarocks93

Awards
I'm expecting a 2.5 announcement, hopefully for the PS4. I'll definitely be settle with a new KH3 trailer, though.

It's not like it's going to be any different if they make it for the PS3.

We all know KH3 is coming, the only thing I want from that conference is II.5. Everything about KHIII and FFXV is a bonus.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If TGS is where they have 2.5's announcement planned, I want all guns blazing on that. We now know for a fact that KH3 will be arriving within the next few years. I've waited this long, I can wait another year or two. But I want a lot more info on 2.5 than 3.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Oh, god... If they announced TWEWY2, I think I would officially die from this year's epic announcements. Even a Live Remix localization would make me very, very happy.

Anyway, I think we'll most likely see a lot on II.5 (something I'm very much looking forward to), and I think there will definitely be something for XV, and maybe a bit for KHIII (though I will be staying away from that info. LOL). Also, I imagine if II.5 is revealed there--and DDD is revealed not to be in it--that Nomura might make a statement about that.

And ya know... I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but maybe we might even hear something about FFVII? I mean, Square said they'd only make the game when they felt they'd created something to rival it, and XV seems to fit that bill perfectly.

And maybe there's also a possibility of a Type-0 localization, a new remaster (like for XI or XII), and maybe a new Dissidia? Granted, I know that a lot of this is EXTREMELY unlikely, and probably won't happen at all, but I suppose we might as well just get all the possibilities out there while we're at it. Although, I highly doubt they're going to do anything bigger than what happened at E3...

Last edited:

vlaxmadero

2.5 for sure if it hasn't already been announced. I doubt they will announce any "new" worlds for KH3 any time soon, but I could see them showing an old one like the Coliseum or Agrabah perhaps?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Is anybody else still hoping that they announce 2.5 next Saturday during Japan Expo instead? It's doubtful, since it takes place in France and most Kingdom Hearts games are always first revealed in Japan (with the beautiful exception of KH3). I don't think it'll happen, but I'll still be keeping on eye out next Saturday just in case.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not really. They've surprised us before, but Japan Expo is more of a convention than an industry event, where such an announcement would be much better noticed.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Not really. They've surprised us before, but Japan Expo is more of a convention than an industry event, where such an announcement would be much better noticed.

That's kind of what I figured...

BUT TGS IS SO FAR AWAY! I'LL NEVER SURVIVE!
Not really I'm just impatient.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not expecting another kh3 trailer so soon but I expect/hope to see a kh2.5 or maybe even TWEWY2!
Can't wait to find out~

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm hoping, of course, for 2.5 news. Hopefully it won't have such a long time between the Japanese and international releases.

Also, an English release of The World Ends with You -Live Remix-, that'd be nice.

Maybe some more info about χ[chi]​?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm expecting 2.5 honestly but not TWEWY 2, my body cannot take this much surprise in one year. I swear if TWEWY2 is announced on top of more KH3 news and an official 2.5 announcement, I will fly out to SENA and just start throwing money at their HQ doors since I won't be let inside (could be Monopoly money) while I scream at them to take it...TAKE IT NOW!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I really want Nomura and SE to put KH3 news back on the back burner and instead focus on 2.5. TGS is the perfect time for its reveal.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I really want Nomura and SE to put KH3 news back on the back burner and instead focus on 2.5. TGS is the perfect time for its reveal.

My memeory's a bit fuzzy but, i believe COM, and KH2 were both announced at TGS 03. During which they focused most of their advertising (Magazine articles) on COM, while at events like TGS, E3, and Jump Festa Trailers for both were shown. When COM was released they focused their advertising on KH2.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
My memeory's a bit fuzzy but, i believe COM, and KH2 were both announced at TGS 03. During which they focused most of their advertising (Magazine articles) on COM, while at events like TGS, E3, and Jump Festa Trailers for both were shown. When COM was released they focused their advertising on KH2.
That has nothing to do with what I said?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
That has nothing to do with what I said?

What I'm saying is that they did put Kh2 on the back burner when COM was announced. So they'll probably do the same thing with KH3. When 2.5 is announced.

So I'm agreeing with you.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Why didn't you just say that instead of beating around the bush lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back