• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix to Announce Several Titles at E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

E3 2015 is less than a month away, but that hasn't stopped the onslaught of rumors and theories that have been floating around as of late, whether they be false confirmations or messages believed to be hidden between reminders to please be excited. 

This year, Square Enix will be holding their very own press conference, and one that hasn't taken place years. While what new information to be presented at the conference remains, for the most part, a mystery, Square Enix has confirmed announcements of multiple games through the outline from their Results Briefing held on May 12, 2015. It's worth noting that it promises to be quite a western-heavy year, with titles such as Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One) and Just Cause 3 (PS4/XB1/PC) releasing in the upcoming holiday season. 

First, HD games in the Digital Entertainment segment. Launches in FY2016/3 will mainly be titles for the Western market. We are planning several releases of major titles in the second half. We expect the competitive environment to be tough, with our competitors announcing big titles in the E3 in June. We believe our titles can fully compete with these big titles, however, as I will explain later, we have been conservative in our forecast for FY2016/3. We are confident about the quality of each title, and will aim at a level far beyond our current forecast.

This is “DEUS EX,” launched this April. In our private conference at the next E3, we are planning to announce several titles in addition to this one.

We plan to make use of our IP in multifaceted approach, in “DRAGON QUEST HEROESⅡ,” and “STAR OCEAN 5,”, as part of the efforts to strengthen and reboot our existing IPs, as I mentioned earlier.

What do you think will be announced at the press conference? Do you believe any Kingdom Hearts titles will make an appearance, and if so, which ones? The recently announced Kingdom Hearts Unchained? Or how about the inevitable PS4 remasters? Let us know!

Davidsawr

I don't Kingdom Hearts Unchained is going to be a big topic, i feel like thats just to appease everyone who wants Chi in english. Not sure about the PS4 remakes. A lot of people want it but it feels a bit unnecessary.

Personally I wanna see more PC releases since thats realistically the only type of game Ill be able to play. Maybe even a remake of Xenogears since that games production was so rushed and Square does hold the rights to it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't Kingdom Hearts Unchained is going to be a big topic, i feel like thats just to appease everyone who wants Chi in english. Not sure about the PS4 remakes. A lot of people want it but it feels a bit unnecessary.

That is pretty much the reason why Unchained exists, so westerners can play it 8D

(Also in case it is unclear, I mentioned it just because it technically hasn't been announced in western territories yet, even though Nomura has confirmed it in his latest Famitsu interview.)

Even with 1.5 and 2.5, the series is still split up across multiple systems. A PS4 remaster would be the perfect opportunity to properly get the entire series together (especially since they can't justify a standalone release for a 3D remaster), and it'd help with KH3 development due to their lack of experience working with new-gen.

Personally I wanna see more PC releases since thats realistically the only type of game Ill be able to play. Maybe even a remake of Xenogears since that games production was so rushed and Square does hold the rights to it.

Xenogears would be pretty sweet!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Kh 1.5 + 2.5 + 3D remix with file transfer from ps3
Deus ex human revolution remaster
TWEWY 2 Y'ALL (i can dream)
[x]chi unchained release date or suprise release
chrono trigger (dat reboot note)

probably more i can't think of.

Sdog

Awards
1.5, 2.5, and DDD HD for PS4 with date. (Available now = dream scenario)
Unchained release date.
FFXII HD
FFX-3

that's all I got

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
What do you think will be announced at the press conference?
The World Ends With You 2 for the NINTENDO 3DS. :3

Do you believe any Kingdom Hearts titles will make an appearance,
Yep~

and if so, which ones?
KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ[chi]
KH 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. High-Definition ReMix (with an optional Nightmare Dream Eater Superboss, three new Spirit Dream Eaters, and a new secret ending leading to KHIII)
KH HD ReMixes 1.5 & 2.5 for SONY's PlayStation 4
KH3 trailer

I just want a ton of JRPGs for Vita and PS4.
Me too, me too. My PS Vita is LITERALLY collecting dust atop my drawer because the only thing I play on it is Persona 4 the Golden, LOL. x'D

I don't Kingdom Hearts Unchained is going to be a big topic, i feel like thats just to appease everyone who wants Chi in english.
KH χ[chi] is being re-released on smartphones because of English speaking gamers. Tetsuya Nomura WANTS the game to be available for the international KH fandom because he knows it holds lore key to KH3's story. They're even testing the game over here in the North American region. And the mobile gaming market has been facing through a rapid growth and leaves a lot of profits, especially here in the NA market, so announcing a mobile game such as KH Unchained χ[chi] wouldn't be too much of an announcement for it.

Not sure about the PS4 remakes. A lot of people want it but it feels a bit unnecessary.
No, it is not unnecessary. Some people (like me) are waiting for the inevitable re-release of the ReMixes on the PS4, seeing as how they'll adapt the graphics and FPS to the PS4, and they will more than likely correct those glitches the games had. And besides, it's probable that Sony might announce the PS4 Slim, which always comes at a lower price, meaning I can ditch my PS3, get a cheaper-newer PS4 and get the even better ReMixes. :33

Maybe even a remake of Xenogears since that games production was so rushed and Square does hold the rights to it.
I concur. Xenogears suffered from a rushed production during the last bits of the story because part of the Xenogears personnel got transferred to work on FINAL FANTASY VII.

chrono trigger (dat reboot note)
What reboot note?

FFXII HD
FFX-3
^^^ me wants these two

Another thing they're hopefully working on is remaking FFs V & VI with NDS graphics on mobile, or even remake it on the 3DS.

MaxialstarOA

Final Fantasy XV hasn't been listed on the 2016 fiscal year ... strange.

I know that they said that the game would come a little bit later than everyone expected, but hell.

Can we hope and pray for KH III to come in 2016-2017?

Sdog

Awards
Final Fantasy XV hasn't been listed on the 2016 fiscal year ... strange.

I know that they said that the game would come a little bit later than everyone expected, but hell.

Can we hope and pray for KH III to come in 2016-2017?

I believe so. Absolute latest I see KH3 coming is Spring of 2017. Hopeful for Spring of 2016 though...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I believe we can see FINAL FANTASY XV being featured on e3 this year. As to its release date, I think a conservative guess would be Q1, or Q2 of next year. KINGDOM HEARTS III, meanwhile, it can make an appearance on e3, but not as very attractive as FFXV's. In regards to its release date, I estimate Q3, or Q4. Square Enix wouldn't want either game to overshadow the other.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
@ballad of Caius they noted franchises of there and reboots do I mentioned chrono trigger to rustle jimmies and hold out hope.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I believe we can see FINAL FANTASY XV being featured on e3 this year. As to its release date, I think a conservative guess would be Q1, or Q2 of next year. KINGDOM HEARTS III, meanwhile, it can make an appearance on e3, but not as very attractive as FFXV's. In regards to its release date, I estimate Q3, or Q4. Square Enix wouldn't want either game to overshadow the other.

They confirmed in the last Active Time Report that they'll prepare a trailer for E3, but XV will not have a major presence there. Rather, its next big appearance will be at Gamescom in September.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
They confirmed in the last Active Time Report that they'll prepare a trailer for E3, but XV will not have a major presence there. Rather, its next big appearance will be at Gamescom in September.

Good. Thanks for the clarification. And September isn't that far out, to be honest.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I hope to see a story trailer this time from FFXV. We kinda know how the gameplay works now, so it is time to focus on the story. Stella were are thou?

From KH, I really hope something KHIII related. Story teaser, gameplay clip, new outfits revealed, I´ll take anything. Also DDD HD would be really cool, and I think the 1.5 and 2.5 PS4 versions would not hurt either. :)
I think the big stuff will be saved for the D23 event, but seeing something in E3 would be nice.

Bobjam

Awards

Gamescon is in August so less than 2 months after e3 ^^ not that long to wait!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I hope to see a story trailer this time from FFXV. We kinda know how the gameplay works now, so it is time to focus on the story. Stella were are thou?
I think they might prepare a trailer that focuses on gameplay, but with bits of story. I think the story trailer will be reserved for Gamescom this next September.

From KH, I really hope something KHIII related. Story teaser, gameplay clip, new outfits revealed,
We might get a gameplay clip with a story teaser.

I think the big stuff will be saved for the D23 event, but seeing something in E3 would be nice.
Yep. For anything major, we might have to wait for D23.

Gamescon is in August so less than 2 months after e3 ^^ not that long to wait!
lol thanks for the clarification. I did a quick search on Google and, apparently, it's scheduled from August 5th, to the 9th. :]

Kaijuguy19

At this point I'd be surprised if we don't get any mention of KH3 or at least any KH related news at E3 next month. This is the perfect time to give people a good amount of information of what to expect from the future of KH.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Square, please don't be a shit and pull any sneaky tricks. Just show some KH3. I don't want another year of remaster coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back